• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Irregular Opening (Multifandom) OOC

TFW all my current favorite characters are so obscure I have to write their backstory entirely from scratch.

I had to write over a century of history for Jolie, as well as find her character sheet and try to summarise everything that happened over the course of a Chronicles of Darkness campaign that lasted for almost two years.

TFW all my current favorite characters are so obscure I have to write their backstory entirely from scratch.
I had to write over a century of history for Jolie, as well as find her character sheet and try to summarise everything that happened over the course of a Chronicles of Darkness campaign that lasted for almost two years.
I feel like that's a more fulfilling and rewarding experience than just plopping some info from a wiki into the skeleton and calling it a day, though.

I feel like that's a more fulfilling and rewarding experience than just plopping some info from a wiki into the skeleton and calling it a day, though.

Yeah, I mean reading al that stuff really took me back to the days of Brambles Cross (that was the name of the campaign). Jolie and Venkman were really enjoyable characters to play and some of the party members even shipped them as a couple.
The ship name was French Connection.

Although, should note that people also shipped Venkman and another Mage called Tomacco.

Yeah, I mean reading al that stuff really took me back to the days of Brambles Cross (that was the name of the campaign). Jolie and Venkman were really fun characters to play and some of the party members even shipped them as a couple.
The ship name was French Connection.
Was there ever any bramble actually involved? Did it ever become a bramble scramble?

Was there ever any bramble actually involved? Did it ever become a bramble scramble?

Well, the hedge (another dimension between here and Arcadia which is a scary hell place where the True Fae are from) has a lot of brambles and seeing as how Changlings were pretty important in that campaign...

I mean you could call a fight between Changlings a Bramble Scramble?

It helps me understand the character better because I'm going through the scripts to the show to remember the sequence of events but man oh man writing bios is not my strong suit. All of my personal writing anxieties jump out at me and scream in my ear, basically.
I feel ya. That was part of the delay with the RP.
I couldn't get the hook right, and I eventually just turned to Cap for assistance.
Well, the hedge (another dimension between here and Arcadia which is a scary hell place where the True Fae are from) has a lot of brambles and seeing as how Changlings were pretty important in that campaign...

I mean you could call a fight between Changlings a Bramble Scramble?
I'm assuming it would be Beast Changelings?

"TFW all my current favorite characters are so obscure I have to write their backstory entirely from scratch."
N Negative Zone

I feel ya' there. Most of my characters have no canon backstories, so I have to either create them myself or gain inspiration from good fan-works.

Okay I poured my heart and soul into this so I can't not make it final now.

Some of y'all might recognize another version of this dude from the other multifandom RP I was/am in. I've got a one track mind, what can I say.

The backstory doesn't read as well as it could because I didn't want to like, summarize the whole dang show and turn it into a 50 page behemoth but his turn from "RARGH I REVENGE" to "yeah I'll hang out with this kid, I guess" is a little less... sudden in the actual show.

Welcome to the team, fam.

I feel ya. That was part of the delay with the RP.
I couldn't get the hook right, and I eventually just turned to Cap for assistance.

I'm assuming it would be Beast Changelings?

I imagine there was probably at least one True Fae who made his Changlings recreate matches from WCW Wresteling.

When will this start?

I'd wait until Crenando Crenando comes back and comments about it.

Also, this is my second time ever rping as Mami... not sure how well I'll do

Re-watch some of PMMM in your downtime to get a better feel for Mami's character. Also, try to see if you can rp out some scenarios yourself if you can to get used to it. I'm hyped you chose her. I like the characters in PMMM, but the grimdark of the series might be a little much for me.

I'd wait until Crenando Crenando comes back and comments about it.

Re-watch some of PMMM in your downtime to get a better feel for Mami's character. Also, try to see if you can rp out some scenarios yourself if you can to get used to it. I'm hyped you chose her. I like the characters in PMMM, but the grimdark of the series might be a little much for me.
I'll probably just reread the manga (since I have that) and I'm rping as her in a different rp as well

Mami's definitely my fave from PMMM but I haven't seen the show since it was new so at this point a lot of the details are mega fuzzy for me. One of these days I intend to return to the series and check out the movies and different manga series, though.

One thing that could help you get into the groove is putting together a little playlist of songs that remind you of the character. I do this all the dang time with my 1x1 RPs and it's kind of doubly beneficial because you seek understanding of the character or scenario by putting it together and then you have some tunes to listen to while you write!
So just play Mami's theme in a loop

I'm not familiar with either, unfortunately. I keep hoping some scanlation group picks up the original manga though but I haven't even been able to find raw scans online. I'd probably have better luck if I actually knew Japanese but heyo.
I'm surprised Dark Horse hasn't picked it up for an official translation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back