• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ironsworn System Discussion

Zotar

Actias luna
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I went poking around for a campaign or system or setting for a kind of primal RPG, and a reddit thread led me to this:

...Which actually is kinda neat. I've been paging through the free PDFs and so far as I can tell, the system is less cookie-cutter than D&D and more fluid. It can be played with or without a GM and uses a very simple dice system. I think it lends itself well to Play-by-post, as it's less about the tactical and more about the narrative.

Has anyone played this system before? Would anyone want to try it with me?

I own a copy of it, its interesting, as it uses "oracle" tables to generate gameplay for the PCs.

I bet the campaigns develop organically.

The setting makes me think of Beowulf, Skyrim or some of Tolkien's Unfinished Tales.

So this makes three of us who are interested.

I bet the campaigns develop organically.

The setting makes me think of Beowulf, Skyrim or some of Tolkien's Unfinished Tales.

So this makes three of us who are interested.
And me

i've never played it but i would be willing to learn it, seems like a very cinematic game system.

Okay. It seems we have enough interested parties. I have a couple more questions for each of you:

(1) How often would you be able to post?
(2) Does anyone want to GM?
(3) Anything changes you would like to see in the setting?

I'll start:
(1) I would be able to post once or twice a week, maybe more. But I can't make any promises right now. I have family.
(2) I would prefer someone with more expedience handle the GM'ing, but as has been mentioned, we may not even need a GM.
(3) I'm fine with the setting as is.

1) How often would you be able to post?
(2) Does anyone want to GM?
(3) Anything changes you would like to see in the setting?

I'll start:
(1) I would be able to post once or twice a week, maybe more. But I can't make any promises right now. I have family.
(2) I would prefer someone with more expedience handle the GM'ing, but as has been mentioned, we may not even need a GM.
(3) I'm fine with the setting as is.
1. At least twice a week maybe more

2.not me

3.Nothing really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back