• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Invictis Academy for Young Mages

Mari_Rose

Empress of Potatoes
Invictus Academy for Young Mages started the new term off as usual with a week for new and returning students to arrive at its gates. The academy was situated far from civilization as much of what the students would be learning could be seen as dangerous by the outside public. The history of the school dates back centuries to a group of beings born with magical abilities. These abilities don’t run in their families and it is rare for a child to be born this way. Each one born with a gem that they held in their palm. News travelled fast and each one learned they were not alone. When each of them came of age in their respective cultures they sought each other out. Together they created a small diverse group who decided to travel together to discover their powers. On their journey they had discovered new lands untouched by any other civilization. After a few years they decided to settle down and create the New Order of Magic. This was where they could freely explore their new magic. It also served as a home for the group, some where they could go to after coming back from worldly travels.

A few years after their founding one of the mage’s had returned from a long journey valiantly riding on the back of a dragon. He told them of islands made from great mountains. It was home to dragons. When the mage arrived on the island the dragon approached him. This dragon had a gem located on his shoulder that matched the gem the mage now wore around his neck. Both gems began to glow upon the moment of the meeting. After the phenomenon he felt stronger, more confident. He could also sense the feelings of the dragon, as if they were now connected. After hearing this story he had taken the mages to the mountains and they too were greeted by dragons and they were able to experience what the first mage did.

Over the years, rumors and stories had reached across lands drawing those who were born the same way. Now a days it is more understood that those who are born with magic ability are born along side a dragon egg. The egg hatches when the individual first comes into contact with the magic inside of them, a couple years after they are born. The academy helps those find their dragon, but only when they are ready. Every year the school grows and many of its students go on to powerful mages.

With this being a fantasy story there really is no limit as to what could happen ^^. You character could be any species or race and could hve any magical ability. Each character has one type of magic that they are strong in but the academy teaches them all sorts of magic, as well as fighting styles or how to use certain weapons with/without magic. Their goal is for the student to be well rounded mages.

This is not a highschool roleplay, the academy runs more like a college or university. Eventually our characters will be going on an adventure through the wilderness ^^

It is after the first year of being in the acdemy that the students can form small groups to go out on their own and find their dragons.

If you’re interested send me a PM or post on the thread!

Update:
I would like each of the characters to be equivalent to 18+ in human years. When we start, the post length is also at least one paragraph, just something that can help move along the story.

Last edited:
That’s great! I’m working on getting things ready, hopefully by later today or tomorrow morning.

Yay! I think I’ll try to wait for one more person before closing it. 5 people seems like a good group and if we wanted to we could each have 2 characters. I will of course open it back up if we need more people.

Things are almost ready!

Interested, I already have a character in mind, however I need to know how young the students can be... I would like my character to be a young child from ages 5-8...

Interested, I already have a character in mind, however I need to know how young the students can be... I would like my character to be a young child from ages 5-8...
Uhhhh its a academy i think 5 - 8 may be a bit too young.

Well if that isn't fine with Mari... I can change it up a bit... But I would prefer to have a younger kid at the academy... Additionally, not to sound like an asshole, but Academies also cater to younger students most of the time... And due to the fact that these mages are somewhat rare, I do believe that the academy would take the child in, even if they don't teach him anything until he is older... But in the end it is up to Mari.

I don't know tho one of Mari's Characters Sheets mentioned coming of age... But my character has no home so he may get in on an exception, if not, I will live...

it does say on the CS that it's the equivalent of 18+ years...also, i may be mistaken, but i believe this is closed now? could be wrong, though

I’m very sorry, The characters do need to be 18+ years old in human years, there can’t be children at the academy. True, academies may take care of children who don’t have a home, but this academy would be too dangerous for a child that young considering the students would be of differing experience levels. That’s why the New Order of Magic had built it far from civilization in case something happens.

I also did open it back up just in case. Disaster and xCharm will still be able to play if they still want to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back