• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Investigators of the Supernatural (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Whack, whack, whack. The sound of fists connecting echoed throughout the classroom as Authoria and Chae assaulted one another with no remorse or intent to to ever stop. Che had connected multiple times with Authoria's face and Authoria likewise had landed quite a few on Chae's. But this was in no way shape or form Authoria's first rodeo and she most certainly wasn't intending to play fair. There was hair pulling, scratching, kicking and outright biting but neither side gave an inch and each got as good as the gave. It was very even in terms of how much pain was inflected to each party and both girls even when restrained were clearly out for blood.

However, time passed and the fight subsided and resulted in a shaking Chae leaving the room with great pace. Authroria wasn't the slightest bit apologetic and in fact wished nothing more than for the fleeing girl to disappear and never show her face again. Her anger and mood only made worse by the fact Dylan announced another meeting later in the day "What! You can't do that! I have plans tonight Dylan! This wasn't the deal we agreed upon goddammit!".
Today truly was shaping up to be the worst day imaginable. With a huff and a puff Authoria moved to grab her belongings and exited the room with steam rising from her ears.

Time skip 8:00 PM

"What do you mean I have to go! I only agreed to be the secretary and attend the club! Not the club activities! I have a life you know! I know my rights!" Authoria screamed.

"Rights? Are you really going to go there with me Authoria? I think we both know who's going to win that argument! Now listen here Dylan never once treated you badly! He's a kind and diligent young man and you'd do well to remember you two were inseparable back in the day! To Think I raised such an ungrateful and disloyal brat! Listen to me here young lady, you're going to that doughnut shop, your going to participate in the activities and you ARE NOT GOING TO START ANOTHER FIGHT! Do I make myself clear?"

"I DIDN'T START THE FIGHT GODDAMMIT! Fine! I'll go! But I'm not staying for long... I need to have a bath tonight to make sure I don't break out in bruises.." And with that Authoria left her house and in about ten minutes she arrived at the doughnut shop as per her mothers instructions. Taking a seat beside Dylan, completely ignoring the very existence of Chae, Clair let out a sigh "I can't believe you ratted me out to my mam... I didn't think you had it in you Dylan. I'm impressed"

Sakurako Nakayama

PjGPIWDU.jpg

Sakurako was quite surprised when Dylan used sign language to talk to her. "Thanks... For.... Coming." She read. She was quite surprised he learned it so quick. "You can talk in sign language?" She asked. Given he had only a bit of practice. Her sign language was a bit more complex. She had the communication book ready if he needed to reply using the book instead. She noted more and more people were coming but tried not to draw attention to herself. She wasn't wearing a hearing aid again in fear of being mocked by the others.

She saw the two boxes of donuts and wondered what was inside. Well, obviously donuts but what type. She didn't know why Dylan would have a club meeting in the Donuts Galore shop but played along anyways, better than being home reading alone.

Kisaki Kisaki

Casper Beauregard.png
Casper wasted no time in fleeing from the scene to go home. There was nothing useful left at the class meeting anymore. He arrived home by bus, to an empty apartment. It was no surprise. His dad was almost never present at home, instead, he spent all his time at the bar down the street. Casper realized that it had been almost a week since Casper last saw his dad. Sadly, Casper didn't feel as if the realization had torn as much at his heart as it should have. Even after Mom dying in the car accident, should their lives and their relationship had fallen into disrepair as it was at the moment?

Casper pushed this thought into the back of his mind as he started preparing his dinner of herbal tea and microwaved mac and cheese. As soon as it was finished, Casper began preparing for his physics project.

A few hours and text messages later, it was finally ready. In all honesty, it looked horrifying. Casper had set it up on the apartment balcony and consisted of a wooden table, a portable stovetop, wires running into the house, and an open pot that boiled violently. Inside that pot was a singular egg. Spectating this from the outside was a tripod stand with Casper's phone video recording everything.

As Casper stood at the edge of the balcony drinking his tea, he saw several people walk by his view and look up at the strange sight, wondering why a teenage boy was cooking something outside and not even monitoring it. Then they moved on because if they didn't, that would have been rude. Then the sun had set, and Casper couldn't see anything. The balcony light that was necessary for the iPhone left Casper blind as a bat for everything beyond the tiny balcony.

As Casper swished the dregs of his third cup of tea around, he heard the memorable ding! from his iPhone that accompanied every message that he received. He looked over to the tripod, which was still recording faithfully. It was a message from Dylan: Twenty minutes. At the Donut Galore. He swiped back, and was greeted by the text message conversation that he had with Mrs. Atwood a bit ago.

iphone-LeRo.png((Please ignore discrepancy of time))

The fact that Casper didn't know how to boil an egg should have been enough of a warning for him. But a disaster occurred anyhow.

Casper wondered how he was going to get to the Donut Galore in time. There was a bus set to arrive outside the apartment complex in five minutes. However, Casper didn't know if his lab would be done by then. And even after that, he would have to push everything into the house, which would take significant time.

No, he was probably going to be late, Casper realized as he gently shook the pot that was on the stovetop. Unless there was some sort of miracle that would--

BANG!!

A striking noise akin to a gunshot sounded, and the pot trembled. Egg bits flew everywhere, splattering Casper in the face. Screaming violently, Casper stumbled around the balcony until he knocked the tripod over. His cell phone detached from the stand and fell in a comical slow motion down the balcony as Casper helplessly watched.

"By Satan's Left Nipple! What was that horrendous noise?" Casper heard a familiar voice say from below. In desperation, Casper rushed over to the edge of the balcony and leaned over, hoping that the person below had caught his phone. It was Aeon, his face lit by Casper's phone's screen. Aeon was one of Casper's school friends who lived in the apartment complex with him. In all honesty, Aeon was one weird guy. He openly practiced Satanism. He carried an Amazon Kindle everywhere he went, and from what Casper had seen from it, it had the strangest of texts. The Satanic Bible. Satanic rituals. 120 Ways to Cook a Plantain. The entire Wikipedia page on the Pastafarians. Casper had stopped believing that Aeon was sane after he had performed a Satanic Ritual of compassion on him and it did nothing to boost his test scores.

"What is this?" Aeon said, smirking devilishly (which was fittingly considering his religion). He scrolled through Casper's screen casually, "Are you texting Mrs. Atwood? Ooh... Is there something you want to tell me, Casper?"

"No no no!!" Casper yelled, feeling his face flush red, "It's nothing like that! I swear!"

"Yeah, yeah," Aeon said, his smirk broadening, "Like I would believe that."

"Just give me my phone back," Casper said, reaching his hand out despite the fact that he wouldn't be able to grasp it.

"Alright, if I can come into your house for a bit," Aeon said, averting his eyes from the phone screen.

Casper begrudgingly obliged, and it was incredibly regrettable. If getting the egg pieces off of his clothes wasn't time-consuming enough, Aeon's light-hearted chatter just made everything take twice as long. Casper almost missed the bus that had arrived twenty minutes after the five minutes one after he had decided to make a third cup of tea.

So Casper arrived at the front of the Donut Galore, well behind everyone else. There was probably a few bits of egg stuck on him, but at least he was there. With an air of tired confidence, Casper marched through the front door of the Donut Galore.

"Sorry I'm late," Casper said crisply to Dylan and the group gathered, "My science experiment ran into a few hiccups."

Immediately, Casper took a seat, ignoring the box. Everyone was gathered around the box, which made Casper infer that everyone had probably asked about it. If Casper were to pitch in his voice, it would just annoy Dylan. Plus, he had more pressing matters than some strange box that probably had no meaning. He had to figure out what went wrong in his lab. As he sipped his tea and thought over the physics lab, he muttered under his breath, hoping nobody could hear him, "Why the heck did the egg explode?"

Richard Suzuki and Jessica Silver.
Richard watched as everyone arrived, and were all greeted by Bud or Tank, both begging for donuts time and time again, usually getting denied. Bud decided to try and be a lap dog and climbed onto Richards lap, after Jessica was done petting him. Luckily, he sat at the edge, because he knew Bud was a big ol baby. As time passed he watched as Authoria arrived and became the usual bitch. He sighed, "Be lucky Kiya isn't here, it'd break her heart to see you like that.." he said. By that, he means the evil cold hearted bitch that sits with them. Jessica wasn't too happy that SHE was back again, she wasn't very nice and didn't seem to care to be there. To be honest, she can just, walk out of the diner and nobody would care.
(yeah it's short, sorry guys)

d7b04be56b22c8db4d07e6bd1c1a54e6.jpg

rd.png

(Location: Lain City, Donuts Galore)
(Mood: Surprised. )

(Interactions: Everyone. )
(Mentions: )

Awaiting for their group's gathering to begin, many if not all of the members of the Supernatural Investigation's club had already shown up to Donuts Galore and were now mostly huddled together in the booth they were sitting in, including Chaelyn who found herself still gawking at the mysterious box positioned in the middle of the table that was looking pretty 'sketchy' in her mind. There'd been familiar markings etched all-around the exterior material with a few actually being unrecognized by the girl, even as an experienced medium there was something unclear about that rectangular box and it wasn't anything good judging from that ominous feeling that'd slither down her neck each time she'd stare at it for too long. "How creepy." She whispered to herself in a self-amusing way, it'd been a long while since she's experienced this sensation of mixed curiosity and concern, as much as she'd like to just reach over and open that cryptic box there was an impression of danger surrounding its atmosphere that prevented her from doing such, that and she didn't want to create another scene especially after what'd happened last time! Thankfully that remorseful feeling wrapping itself around her was soon unraveled by Riri, she didn't really know what to expect from seeing this girl approach her as this person really didn't speak all that much during the whole club meeting, not that she really had much of a chance too! But still, she seemed pretty inviting when it came to that affectionate smirk that was imprinting itself on her face even though Chae didn't really have many expectations to someone 'grinning' in her direction as she commonly saw that sort of thing when people were mocking her behind her back when she and other students were traversing the halls, that and those that had supposedly 'good' intentions were ones that were pretty desperate and keen on attempting to make some half-assed endeavor at picking her up to impress their friends or try and a make a 'woman' out of her, probably both, Chaelyn really didn't like those sort of people although being an outcast made it so something like that was a bit of a rare occurrence so that was something to be truly thankful for! Anxious thoughts of being ridiculed or the latter were soon driven off as Riri opened up by apologizing on behalf of Authoria and even ridiculing her a bit which kinda surprised her, wasn't this girl a part of that 'rich' preppy crowd that consisted of likeminded people like Authoria?

Guess that idiom "don't judge a book by its cover" was actually true, not only that but what was most shocking to hear was that this individual actually came to learn about Chaelyn's strange abilities that involved being able to visually perceive the dead! Guess Authoria really blew the whistle on that secret, that damned girl must've been the first one to let that rumor spread like wildfire, it's no wonder why she didn't make all that many friends during her first few years at school, not that she really needed any to survive but it really would've been nice having a few people to speak to. "You're too kind Riri, I kinda feel bad about it but I felt a bit indifferent towards you at first... Influential background, gorgeous looks, and all of those people you hung around with? Ha, I thought someone like you would hate interacting with someone like me but i'm glad you don't feel that way." It might've been the only time she really had some sort of connection with a popular girl, it kinda felt neat in her mind being able to actually speak to someone like Riri without being evaluated based on her own looks or the hobbies she's involved with! In-fact, Chaelyn actually became 'colored' with pink at the idea of this person being truly interested in her work. "U-um, you really think that?! Thanks Riri! Maybe if you're willing I could show you what I do for my work, t-that's if it's okay with you!" Nervously chuckling a bit at the end of her sentence she hoped that asking such a thing wouldn't be deemed as 'weird' to her, oddly enough for being someone who really didn't enjoy people's presence that much she actually became a bit intrigued with Riri and the others that were in the group, maybe being forced to join this wasn't all too bad? Seeing people like Alex, Jess, and Richard all having a great time while speaking to one another was a great feeling, even Tabemono's eccentric behavior was enough to make her crack a slight chortle at the sight of him and Nyan going back and forth.

Even Authoria's presence was not that concerning knowing how much fun everyone was having! Granted, Chaelyn had a hard time not trying to look at her even though she was having a pleasant time. Oddly enough, she kinda felt bad when she saw those bruises covering her, not that she had gained any of her own from that girl but still everyone was now beginning to treat her like worse of a person than Titus just by the nasty things she says. "Fuck, why am I feeling like this?" She thought in her head, thinking that Authoria should deserve everything that's coming to her and then some but seeing her placed in the shoes of herself and being treated like she was some horrible person was kinda like reliving that outcast role throughout her time at school, she wouldn't wish that kind of mental abuse on anyone, not even Authoria, she believed that altercation that they had earlier was more than enough when it came to demonstrating a point. "Authoria, I am sorry." Gulping down her hesitation she managed to continue while looking her in the eyes as she spoke. "After what you said to me? I just flipped, I shouldn't of done that and it was wrong of me... We don't have to like each other but for now, let's just tolerate each other? I think we're more than even." She sighed, Chaelyn was hoping that what she said wouldn't go in vain, holding such a grudge against someone that she'd be seeing literally every day would just be unhealthy and it would create more problems for their organization rather than solve them.

Phew! It'd felt like a load off her chest had been removed, good thing too because another problem had made its way into her mind but this time in the form of an adorable 'meerrow' in response to all the other animals nearby. "L-Luna?!" She exclaimed as she observed Luna's fuzzy head poking out from within the contents of her unzipped backpack. It must've been a complete shock not only to her but everyone as well, it almost felt like a zoo at this point with all the animals that were here! By the time, Chaelyn was about to grab ahold of Luna, the adventurous critter somehow climbed its way up onto her shoulder where it now began tilting its head to the side, just to get a better look at everyone at the table, specifically Nyan, Bud, and Tank who were probably likewise confused at seeing one another.

"MeeeeRRRrroooW!"
350.png

Dylan Mores

Dylan quickly turned to Casper as he walked in. As always, the boy was up to his experiments and science. "You get a pass." Giving Casper a pat on the back and turning to the deaf girl.

Dyaln waved his hand his panic. He took the translation book that the girl offered and flipped through the book to find the hand movements he caught a glimpse of. Through the thick book, Dylan was able to find what Sakurako asked. He shook his head. "Sorry, no." He said while doing the sign. Dylan was about offer her a donut before his ex-best friend entered the room. He could already feel the air getting heavy.

Dylan sticked out his tongue at Authoria. She always thought Dylan was too scared to tell on her. "I won't have you drag this club into the grave while you are in it, Authoria." Dylan replied, placing the box onto his lap. "Now that you are here, you can do some reading. I know you still got a brain under that makeup." Dylan placed the box into Authoria's hand. He knew she was proficient in reading acient languages. He used to ask her to read the things in his book he got from his grandfather.

Dylan then nudged Authoria's elbow. He mouthed the word 'apologise'. The two girls needed to get along. The club couldn't afford another cat fight. Mentioning cats, Dylan eyes shined when he saw Luna on Chae's shoulder. "Chaelun! I didn't know you had a cat too. Now it's going to be even more harder to choose our mascot." Dylan dramatically sighed.

Last edited:
Riri had honestly expected Chaelyn to scoff or push her away, perhaps even get upset that she was speaking to her. It wasn't very often that she was lumped together with Authoria even though she didn't have anything to do with her. Though, it was true some of her friends could be considered stuck up or a little preppy...that didn't mean she was, nor that she tended to agree or always go along with what they were saying. More often than not she didn't, that's why though it was lesser to known to most she tried to avoid them most of the time. The friends really just mostly came with the name and class, not all of them were bad. Not at all. The ones that weren't she considered really nice and amazing friends.

Though that was aside the point. Shaking her head to herself as she realized she likely zoned out thinking about it she focused on the raven haired female in front of her, smiling warmly as she spoke. She just gave a soft chuckled and shook her head at her rather surprising apology, "No...not at all. It's understandable." She replied. Really in her shoes, she'd think the same. Rich popular girl, tons of popular friends, well known family. Riri would of thought the exact same thing if it had been Chaelyn with her lifestyle. As she seemed to get excited about her being interested in her work she couldn't help but blush a bit, even covered in a few bruises...her face was quite cute when she lit up all cheerfully like that.

What surprised her the most was the offer for her to show her more privately what she did for her work, them to hang out together. "That would be awesome! I'd love to! You just have to let me know when 'kay?" She said. "You have my number from the group chat so...just feel free to hit me up anytime." She said. She was glad she had made a friend so quickly in the group already. Chaelyn really was kind, despite what the rumors and what happened in class would lead you to believe. SHe hadn't even noticed Authoria walk in though sighed when she saw her, immediately looking away and ignoring her speaking.

Chaelyn may have the dignity and self control to be able to speak with her properly, but she didn't, especially after earlier. It was best for her they just silently hate each other and talk about each other behind their backs right than to each others' faces. Not because she was scared, oh no not whatsoever. She just didn't want to fight and cause a scene. She did soon notice the doggos in the store, and was going to pet them and speak with Richard...until Chaelyns cat jumping up and making a scene caused her to yelp and jump in surprise. She stared, eyes wide, soon figuring out it was only a cat. "Aww...so many cute animals.." She cooed. She walked over to pet the kitty gently, very carefully, before doing the same petting the large but seemingly quite friendly dogs.

"What breed are these?" She asked Richard, curious. She wasn't good at remembering breeds on dogs, much less large ones.​

1549929375742.png
Authoria
After taking her place beside Dylan and after having ordered a milkshake for herself Authoria returned her attention back to the group. More precisely Dylan's rogue tongue, which almost. Almost. Made her chuckle a little, the boy she once called her best friend refused to grow up and if anything it was at least refreshing. After listening to him patter on about the club and his reasoning behind ratting on her Dylan made mention of something Authoria had done very well to hide for this long. And at the mere mention of it out loud she went a ghastly white. Dylan needed to be silenced and quickly and so without a second of hesitation Authoria took the box from him and brought it to rest in her lap. Out of everyone else's sight and hopefully mind.

The box was strange. It was charcoal black in colour, smooth yet oddly chalky and aged yet well preserved. The box was ornately decorated and clearly crafted with immense skill. The box, however, was in no set style. It practically morphed every time you looked at it from a different side and more interestingly. The inscriptions also changed language based on the side you observed it from. Six languages in total; Ancient Celtic, Ancient Latin, Ancient Greek, Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs and most strangely Ancient Dragon Tongue. All these languages and only one message shared between them all. 'Pandora once opened a box and released all of man's plights into the world save for one still sealed within. Umweltichen a demon and lord of darkness by birth. Immortal and unyielding spiteful and vengeful. Pray me to you wanderer, do not release this beast for the world shall never recover should you do.'

"I'm sorry...." Looking up from her lap Authoria met eyes with Chae and after receiving a well-placed elbow to a very tender bruise Authoria winced and apologised in turn. Well, kind of "I accept your apology... but you got what you deserved. I will say I'm sorry for speaking ill of your late grandmother though and I'll at least tolerate you for my own sake. Wouldn't want Dylan here crying like a baby again" she smirked nudging him back.

Bringing the box up from her lap and onto the table, Authoria examined its lock and after some time she let out a sigh "Dylan where did you even get this piece of junk? Is this some kind of prank? It doesn't even have a hinge to open on! And besides, the languages on it don't even make sense! I mean most of them weren't even in contact with one another, were from a different time altogether or, in the case of the ancient dragon tongue, are completely made up! You got scammed again ya dingus!" And with that Authoria hit the box clean off the table and through a series of unfortunate events including dogs, cats, a floor buffer, milkshake and most importantly a blender the box wound up being smashed open. Or into pieces. Depends on your opinion really.

Everyone Everyone

Silence enveloped the doughnut shop after the box was smashed open. Silence and an overwhelmingly evil aura. Everything went dark, the lights were nothing but flickering dots in a deep haze of darkness. It was also becoming very cold. Bone-chillingly cold actually. And as if right on cue a deep chuckle resounded through the doughnut shop as if the origin was distant yet close all at once. "I Am Free". Those words echoed for a few seconds and in the blink of an eye a heavy presence could be sensed nearby. Out of vision but almost as if right by each and everybody's side. "Tell me, what year is it? Has the inquisition come and gone? Haha nobody ever expects it.... but no need to worry, I just wish to talk for now children.... so... talk"

Casper Beauregard.png

Frankly, Casper didn't believe in the supernatural. He had only joined the club to entertain Dylan and plant the seeds needed for a stronger, more stable friendship. In the eyes of scientists and detectives, out-of-the-world events were just that-- out of the world. They simply didn't exist. Doors opened and closed on their own because of a discrepancy in the ground slope and a kink in the door screws. The impression of a ghost knocking on a window was likely just a bird. What you saw whizzing past in your bedroom was only your own shadow.

These ideas had been set in stone long before Casper joined the Supernatural Investigators. So for the nondescript box to create such a real yet out-of-the-world scene was surprising-- scary even. Embarrassingly, it even made Casper scream out loud. It wasn't high pitched or a shriek, yet it resonated with fear, surprise, and desperation.

Then, just as sudden as his scream was, Casper recovered, a feeling of mortification rising to his cheeks. He forced himself to shut his mouth despite the feeling of panic electrocuting the back of his spine, making his heart pound like a jackhammer, and creating a feel akin to a rock digesting. He needed to think. Thinking gave solutions, it was what lawyers used to find the truth, and like a lawyer, Casper needed to find the truth to the situation.

"It's the twenty-first century after the Common Era," Casper replied to the voice. His own voice was curt but shaky. It was incredibly unnerving to be talking to a voice that had no face, "And as for the Spanish Inquisition, we aren't in South America."

Last edited:
Seymour Nocturne(1).png

Shit. Shit. Shit. Seymour had been watching the exchange of events silently as he usually did, and up to the box shattering, he didn't care much. Everyone seemed to be sorting out their problems splendidly, there wasn't any reason for Seymour to need to intervene. But then the box shattered, and everything went to hell.

It turned out that Dylan was involved with the real deal. As Seymour and his guardian mother both feared, this club wasn't dealing with playthings and superstition. Dylan was aware that monsters like Seymour existed, and he was after them. It made Seymour fearful, not at the spirit that had emerged from the box, but at the supernatural investigators. What would happen if they were to discover that Seymour was one of the Children of the Night?

But in a way, it was also a hopeful moment. Seymour was weaker than other monsters. His choice of drinking animal blood over human blood had made him just the slightest slower and just the slightest weaker than other vampires of his power. It made throwing his weight around and protecting humanity from those who served evil so much harder. As of late, he hadn't even tried. Taking down smaller, weaker monsters wasn't going to help humanity and Seymour's schoolmates the slightest. But now that he knew that the Supernatural Investigators were aware of the monsters nearby, it at least gave Seymour's ideals a fighting chance.

And as allies and friends to the club, Seymour knew that he had to take initiative in the situation. Casper was almost shivering in fear despite the intelligent, poignant, and fearless mien. They weren't talking to any sort of spirit-- they were talking to one that was old as time, who had power on its hands. If it wanted to, the whole Donut Galore could be obliterated, with only Seymour being able to vainly fight against (and maybe Richard if he managed to sneak a few firearms through the shop).

"You're just a bit off on the time period," Seymour said to the spirit, "There is no inquisition happening. Well, the school is still holding some drug dealers for question."

Seymour paced the space around the table, making sure to not to wander too far away. He was unfettered by the fear-inducing atmosphere, "Now, show yourself, please. You want to talk to kids, well, we should talk face to face. Do you want a milkshake?"

1549944501724.png
Richard Suzuki
Richard sat at the end watching his dogs roam and get attention, he couldn't help but wonder where his other dog is, he hopes to god she's alright... Jessica seemed to be more interested with the dogs, which was quite cute, bud even helped her to a seat! He honestly hasn't seen Bud so calm before.. 'He must know she can't see, and he doesn't want to hurt her.. What a gentle giant..' he thought, it was amazing. His dogs could tell a lot about someone. He watched as more of the members arrived... Though negative thoughts riddled his mind, 'They don't care, honestly you're just here. That's it.', 'Your dogs are growing close to the end', 'You'll fail and you will never succeed. Give up now, you have the means to do so..'. The thoughts were always there, coming and going, he has grown to ignore them and shrug them off.

When Riri asked what breeds they were, it snapped him back into reality, "Hmm? Oh they are pitbulls. Buds a throw back, that's what an old pit would look like, back when they were first introduced to the world. Tanks, well tanks a normal average day pit." he said happily, making both his dogs walk to him and lay beside him. Their ears showing they were on alert. Rightfully so.. Authoria spoke a few, before throwing the box and smashing it, he wanted to throw a donut at her, but the environment changed.. He heard the voice and his heart raced. He felt a bit scared.

1549947694122.png
Jessica Silver

Jessica sat there petting bud, he seemed to be enjoying the attention. "He's so soft!" she stated joyfully, continuously petting the big woofer. She felt around for a seat, only to be directed to one by Bud. She was surprised because he had to gently grab her hand with his mouth. She sat beside..someone, she didn't know who honestly... Until Richard spoke, which confirmed she was by him. She wished she wasn't blind. The girl wants to see the puppers!.. Anyways, she sat there quietly, listening to everyone speak. She heard a small commotion and then a crashing sound. She sighed, then she felt really cold, she honestly couldn't tell if it was dark or not...i mean, she sees nothing but darkness all the time. "Did she just break a window?" she asks worriedly.. Then she heard the voice and yelps. "What the hell?" she mumbles timidly.

Dylan Mores
giphy.gif

Dylan patiently listened to Authoria read the text on the box. He was somewhat reluctant about opening the box now. What was a Umweltchien? Was it some type of dark overlord? Was it friendly? So many questions but not enough answers. He rolled his eyes at his ex- best friend as she claimed the box was nonsense and just another scam. The box was highly prized and ‘old as dirt’ as Mimir described it. It was not just some item from a garage sale.

"No way, it's definitely not a scam. People have been murdered over this box." Dylan retorted. He reached his hand out to take the box away from Authoria before she smashed it into pieces. 'What.' Dylan repeated a dozen times as he blankly looked at the broken artifact.

If it was possible, Dylan went white like fresh snow. He screeched Authoria's name with anger and distraught! "My parents are going to kill me! But first, I'll kill you!" Dylan was about to lunge at Authoria until he was stopped by a new presence. He slowly gazed over the wispy body of the creature until he meet its eyes. It was real. He was right. Supernatural creatures do exist.

Dylan started to laugh hysterically, stunned by the ominous creatures appearance. "Oh my god, this is awesome, and very terrifying." His shaking hands reached for the phone in his pocket, bringing it slowly up so he could take the picture. But the phone's screen only fizzed, glitching as the dark wisps of the creature licked his arm. Suddenly, he felt his arm went cold then hot. It was too quick. The dark clouds from the creature were like materialized particles of hell and death.

"I don't feel so good." He groaned, quickly dropping his phone onto the floor as his hands started to shake uncontrollably. It was too cold and it was too hot. It felt as if the creature was rewiring his body with its foggy hands. The flickering lights weren’t helping his nausea.

"Nnnhh, are you going to kill us?" Dylan asked curiously with his slurred speech. He wasn’t too concerned that he could be five feet underground in next few seconds. He just needed the evidence. "Because I need to be alive to shove 'all of this' in my cousin's face."

Sakurako Nakayama

tumblr_oql735M1uP1rsjikzo1_400.png

Sakurako had been rather unaware of the entire conversation but knew they were talking of an ominous box. She kind of tried to tell them in sign language that it wasn't a good idea to open such a box due to the appearance but her warnings fell upon deaf ears (see what I did there?). She tried to grab the box before it smashed into the ground but failed to catch it and once it broke she looked around nervously. She may be deaf but she wasn't blind to the situation and knew this wasn't good. The lights began flickering. Another bad sign. She couldn't hear the ominous voice but certainly felt it's presence. She nudged Dylan telling him again in sign language she wants to go home and not be part of the club anymore. However. She couldn't get up. It's like she was trapped as she struggled to pull herself from the seat. Looks like the ominous being knew she wanted to leave and glued her to her seat. The lights flickering only made her even more anxious. She was just trying to get free but soon gave up due to exhaustion panting.​

abf9b8efdb6729d3662ceebebc599df5.jpg

His heart beat fast as he ran down the streets to the donut shop. The bat he carried knocked on the floor from time to time. The teen mentally berated himself for missing the previous meeting. OJ crashed open the door with his shoulder. There he stood, lights flickered and OJ ventured further in. He saw the box, broken open.

And there the being stood. Shrouded in shadow and making the room drop several degrees.

"What have you done. . ." He whispered, looking at the other members struggling. Dylan was speaking and a girl was struggling to get out of her chair. Then, OJ did something dumb. He threw himself at the being, ready to strike.

Kisaki Kisaki Seikomatsumoto Seikomatsumoto Uasal Uasal

Riri wasn't really sure what was going on, not at first. She had went from petting some really adorable and in the case of the doggos adorable and cool to watching the kinda ominous box Dylan was supposed to be showing them get utterly destroyed. But of course, it was Authoria who did it. Authoria who had once more caused a problem. Why couldn't it of been anyone but her? Literally anyone. Hell, even the cat. No...especially the cat, would of been better than her. After all, who could get mad at a sweet innocent kitty? Nonetheless, real spooky shit soon started to happen that Riri could make very little sense of. Her first reaction was basically Dylans', wherein she was excited everything was real. Supernatural stuff that was, this just proved it after all without a doubt.

She shivered from the cold and very much in fear of the disembodied voice and soon dark shadowy figure. Honestly, she had Seymour's idea. Maybe...it wasn't all evil. Just...pissed for being trapped and misunderstood? "I...Um...Please don't hurt us." She spoke softly. "I'm sorry we broke your...house?" She continued. "I'm sure we can all sit down and calmly talk about this..." She reasoned. Calmly talk with an entity that was clearly a demon and clearly hurting Dylan. Good one Riri. But maybe it'd work....or maybe it would of, until OJ decided to rush it.

"Hey! No! Don't attack it that's stupid!" She shouted, sighing heavily. Things couldn't possibly get worse at this point, could they?​

d7b04be56b22c8db4d07e6bd1c1a54e6.jpg

rd.png

(Location: Lain City, Donuts Galore)
(Mood: Surprised. )

(Interactions: Everyone )
(Mentions: Titus, Luna, Riri, Dylan, Authoria.)

Chaelyn felt relieved at making friends with Riri, she didn't expect for them to like each other so quickly. It was a pleasant surprise even if she was a bit nervous about revealing her personality to someone she doesn't exactly know but being in the same club together must've meant they had some similarities, she made sure to definitely keep in contact with the likes of her in hopes that she'd actually make a 'best' friend at Spring Valley High, only 'good' friend she actually had was Titus but that was a long time ago during middle school and after he came back he somehow turned into a complete asshole. Titus was definitely a problematic guy before all this, but before Spring Valley it was just nothing but innocent pranking, skipping school, and just rowdy back talk to teachers, although this was during their time in middle school, being the shy girl that she was she really couldn't approach anyone, not to mention she still had the bad reputation of being 'weird' for not being all that social. The only person that was able to look past all of that was him, Chaelyn always remembered that moment in her past where he'd met him, it was like any ordinary day with being harassed by the usual crowd of bullies that would poke fun at her in order to look 'cool' in front of their friends except for some reason their habitual teasing escalated into a physical altercation, she'd gotten into fights before but these scum were special, they were just a three-man group of male jocks that'd found it fun to push her around and call her all sorts of horrible names! At least that was until Titus showed up and sucker punched one in the face, it almost made her chuckle on the inside when she'd remembered the terrified looks on those boy's faces after he'd taught their friend a lesson.

It didn't take long for them to scatter like rodents, after being practically saved by Titus, both of them wound up being friends with one another! From that point onward they were inseparable, other students even believed they were dating because of how much time they'd spend out with each other although that wasn't exactly false, Chaelyn did have a minor crush on him and in a way it did sort of feel like a relationship. "Hm." Looking back on it again, she couldn't help but frown at the way things have changed. "Meeerrow!" Thankfully before her mood could be thrown in the dumps yet again, Chaelyn had recognized a fuzzy friendly face popping out from her backpack which had actually managed to startle her at first before seeing that it was Luna. "Sheesh, how did you get in there?" Out of all the things that her pet cat has managed to get into, this was by far the weirdest! Good thing that this cafe had allowed animals or else she'd probably have to go back home and miss the whole unboxing! Still, there was something off about the scenario they were all in, either it was the fact that nobody was eating doughnuts or that it felt like fate had brought them here for some reason, it kinda gave off an eerie feeling. Nevertheless, it became short lived for her when Luna pounced on the back of her t-shirt before climbing her way back up to Chaelyn's shoulder where she'd lovingly nuzzled her body right against her cheek. "D'aw, I guess it's alright having you around." It was beginning to look like a zoo with all the animals around, she was a bit afraid to think of how Luna would react to the other dogs sitting nearby but she seemed rather unintimated, it could've been because she was absolutely loving the feeling of having Riri pet her or the smell of the fresh warm doughnuts being made!

After everyone had become acquainted with Chaelyn's cat, Authoria had taken account of the box and pointed out the ancient inscriptions written on the siding, it came as a bit of a dumbfounding when it became known that Authoria was able to read off a series of dead languages without any trouble. Chaelyn hated to admit it but being able to read such a long-forgotten language was fairly astonishing, she was definitely talented in that regard. "Umwelitchen, a lord of demons?" Poltergeists and wicked spirits were one thing but an actual demon?! Nonetheless a ruling figure? She didn't know whether or not to take this thing seriously or not since the following words that Authoria had spoken made it seemed like this alternate version of Pandora's box was but a toy, possibly used as a prop for a tabletop game rather than a haunted item. Even with that being a factor, it still didn't explain the unease in the atmosphere, the very ambiance felt as it was being disturbed by a foreboding feeling, perhaps fate was warning her? "Don't worry about it." Taken back by Authoria's apology, she almost believed that the girl had a change of heart and was actually going to be nice for a change except for that opinion soon changed once she'd exclaimed that the box was fake and without any care she swiped the box away from her causing it to land onto the unforgiving floor where the wooden box had broken open, leaving Dylan in a state of complete disbelief until he reacted out in a fit of rage. "Oh no." Even though Authoria broke his box, it was definitely not worth fighting over and having another incident! For better or for worse, he was stopped before he could do anything drastic although it was not through his own actions but by that of another, something sinister.

( Silence enveloped the doughnut shop after the box was smashed open. Silence and an overwhelmingly evil aura. Everything went dark, the lights were nothing but flickering dots in a deep haze of darkness. It was also becoming very cold. Bone-chillingly cold actually. And as if right on cue a deep chuckle resounded through the doughnut shop as if the origin was distant yet close all at once. "I Am Free". Those words echoed for a few seconds and in the blink of an eye a heavy presence could be sensed nearby. Out of vision but almost as if right by each and everybody's side. "Tell me, what year is it? Has the inquisition come and gone? Haha nobody ever expects it.... but no need to worry, I just wish to talk for now children.... so... talk." )

Unlike the others that couldn't catch a glimpse of the menacing entity, Chaelyn's abnormal sight was enough to discern the wicked spirit but it was nothing she could prepare for as the very appearance of this powerful creature had knocked the wind out of her, as much as she wanted to let out her voice she couldn't. Everything about this being was unholy, its emptied hollow eyes that revealed nothing but darkness as it stared at the group, its lengthy shadowy claws stretching from one end to the other, and lastly and unforgettably the demon's head that resembled an animal's skull with elongated horns stretching from its brow and outward. "Is this really a Demon?" It felt like her very heart was pounding out from her chest as her stomach begun clenching with an uncertain sickness from malice aura, everyone else seemed to be unaffected but it didn't seem as if they had seen the Demon with their very eyes, eventually it became to much for her to handle and now Chaelyn was on the verge of passing out as she frantically looked away from the beastly creature meanwhile her pet Luna had brought herself down to the counter where she was sitting, instead of being frightened away like any other normal animal she instead stared at the demonic entity, Luna's slit pupils gave off a vibe of defiance as she gawked at Umwelitchen, it was almost like she knew this 'thing'.

we.jpg

The ambient shadows soon began to crawl together and amalgamate into a solid body. Soon a being stood before the children stooped over with emptied hollow eyes that revealed nothing but darkness as it stared at the group, its lengthy shadowy claws stretching from one end to the other, and lastly and unforgettably the demon's head that resembled an animal's skull with elongated horns stretching from its brow and outward. The beast was truly demonic in appearance and even so much as crossing your gaze with it made you want to shrivel up and die where you were.

With an echoing chuckle, the demon moved from where it stood to behind the counter of the doughnut shop where it began rummaging through the treats as it continued to address the children and their actions. "One at a time, one at a time. Come we have plenty of time, no need to be uncivilised what are we monsters? You first nightwalker. I must say I'm a little disappointed to have missed the party down south. You know I put a lot of work into making such an event possible. I learned from the witch hunts in Europe and made a few improvements to.... increase the...... hmm effectiveness." Taking a selection of doughnuts and practically absorbing them the beast let out a gurgling cough before the treats fell from his shadowy form all but instantaneously.

Leaning over to read the labelling the beast scoffed and engulfed the remaining doughnuts in a black flame which made short work of them yet didn't spread at all "Vegan.... disgusting. What has the world come too. what is this monstrosity....never mind. You science boy... I admire your resolve. Not many can reject observing me as well as you. However, minus five points, you need a bath you reek of dogs. In fact you all reek of dogs... disgusting. I hate dogs. Puppies even more so.... However! I will spare your dogs this time around as... well it would just be rude to kill them upon my release. Actually, that reminds me did dog eating ever take off in Asia? Started that as a joke back in the day."

Turning to the owner of the doughnut shop, who up to this point had been like a statue, the demon. Well, the demon bit her head off and in doing so covered the room in blood. As it continued talking it crouched over and began devouring the body it's voice now being psychically projected. "Look you kids are all very interesting. Really you are. And for freeing me you deserve a reward and so I'll give you all just that. You can thank me later... Oh and no 'takesy backsy'."

And with that said and with the new arrival just about to make contact with the beast it vanished and everything went back to how it should have been. With the owner completely gone. Blood splatter all that remained.

It was gone. He tripped on his own foot and met the ground with absolutely no grace whatsoever. OJ groaned and rolled over. He supported himself onto his band and stood up. Slowly, OJ surveyed the scene.

The owner was gone, the box was broken.

What was the reward, he wondered? Hopefully, he didn't get part of it. After all, he didn't need further complications. Pondering this, he walked over to Dylan and patted the other teenager on the shoulder. Then he turned to the girl stuck in the chair.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and poked the remains of the box with his baseball bat.

Kisaki Kisaki Seikomatsumoto Seikomatsumoto

Seymour Nocturne(1).png
Seymour glared at the Umweltlichen as it solidified and rampaged around the donut shop. It pained Seymour significantly to do so, but he abstained from interfering with the monster, even as it ate the shopkeeper. To that though, Seymour did clench his hands. He felt so helpless. The Umweltlichen was an incredibly powerful being, and if Seymour had attacked it, then there was a good chance the monster would have wiped everyone out. But it felt so wrong to be standing by while the monster wreaked havoc onto the donut shop.
Finally, it was gone, and Seymour was able to take a breath of air without feeling the stagnation of the monster's presence. The monster's words then soaked in, and Seymour felt as if he turned paler than he usually was. For freeing me you deserve a reward and so I'll give you all just that. You can thank me later... Oh and no 'takesy backsy'
"What a day," Seymour commented, trying his best not to panic. He turned towards Dylan and the group. Already, he was able to make out the slightest of unusualness of the group. Perhaps they were figments of his imagination, but Seymour could swear there was something different about each person, though he couldn't pin what it was-- which was even more terrifying.
"I think I need to go home to soak in all of this," Seymour commented to Dylan, "I'll be excusing myself. Goodnight, Dylan, Richard."
He briskly exited the shop, completely forgetting about his bottle of blood. As soon as he was certain nobody would be able to see him in the midsts of the shadows, he swiftly sped up back into his vampire speed. This time, he felt no enjoyment from doing so. He needed to go back home to report to his mom.
It didn't take long for the modest but well-kept residence to appear in his horizon. He sped inside, not bothering to slow down at the front door, and closed the door behind him as soon as he was in.
"Seymour! What's the rush?" Seymour's mom was still at the dining table, absorbing the contents of the textbook in front of her.
"Umweltlichen," Seymour managed to pant out. He realized that he may have ran a bit too fast-- he was incredibly out of breath. "Umweltlichen made an appearance."
"The Umweltlichen?" Seymour's guardian asked, confused, "As in... that... but you're alive... and you can't be cursed..."
"No, not me," Seymour said, looking straight at his mom, "The rest of the group."
All of a sudden, Seymour's guardian paled, and in a very small voice, she said, "Oh."
"I guarantee that one of them will have some sort of detection power," Seymour said, pacing around the front door, "And when they figure out that I'm not who I say I am---"
Seymour clenched his fist. How could everything unravel so quickly?
"Look on the bright side," Seymour's guardian rose up and walked over to Seymour, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder, "You finally have someone to be with, who also wants justice for monsters."
"Yeah, but it doesn't help that I'll be the first to die," Seymour said dejectedly.
"No you won't," Seymour's guardian said sharply, but not unkindly, "I am a woman of religion. Usually I can see if something or someone is of supernatural affiliation. And it was very difficult to discern that you were a supernatural. Perhaps the club will see you as one and the same."
"Yeah, I suppose I could hope for that," Seymour said. He knew that he would only figure out how things would turn out tomorrow-- or whenever their curses decide to manifest.

Casper Beauregard.png
"Ha... haha..." Casper took several convulsive breaths as the monster disappeared, "I imagined that, right? Hahahahaha."

It took a moment for Casper to realize that he really did see all of it. The demonic... thing... had really appeared before them. The splatter of blood served to show that it wasn't a hallucination. The half-eaten donut was there to show that it wasn't a hallucination. Dylan trembling near him showed that it wasn't a hallucination.

"What the hell happened?" Casper said, sinking into a vacant seat and grabbing a donut and taking a bite out of it. He chewed slowly to give himself time to soak in everything that had happened, then swallowed. "The donut isn't vegan. What the fuck?"

Casper felt weird. As if some part deep inside of him had been changed. It was as if his soul had been tinkered and changed. It wasn't as if his tsundere nature had suddenly turned friendly, no, the change had been in a different form. One that couldn't be described through words alone. But despite the fact that Casper couldn't describe it, he felt it.

"You know what, all of a sudden I believe you, Dylan," Casper said, patting Dylan on the back vigorously. It was another sign that Casper just felt... different. "This isn't a complete waste of my time. But where the hell did you get that son of a bitch?"

Richard Suzuki
Richard watched as everything unfolded, the history talk was quite boring.. His dogs kept growling when that THING was around, when it left they looked around and took to each side of their both like guards, looking in every direction every now and then.. Richard felt, odd. He didn't really have one of those donuts, they were disgusting! "Is...is everyone ok?" he asks worriedly as he saw Jessica touch a spot of blood on her cheek and goes to sniff it, but richard assumes she was going to taste it and quickly grips her hand, "Don't...." he said sternly, but in a nice stern way..

Jessica silver
Jessica sat there, she couldn't see anything...but she heard many voices that weren't her friends. She tried to say something but no words came out.. 'Stop, leave me alone! Get out of my head!!' she screamed internally, 'This soul is weak.. the mind is easy to get ahold of, this one will do nicely.' said the voices, she could feel herself slipping, 'No! I will not allow you this shell!' another voice said, it was similar to hers, but slightly deeper.. whatever it was...it was the one that won.. But she didn't feel too different.. But the lingering anxiety she has had for awhile was gone... Little did she know, she had a part of herself that had yet to awaken until now. The portion awoke when she needed it most.. The side that had nerves of steel.. When it ended, she would be forever changed.. She felt wet spots all over face.. She touched it and went to sniff it, but her hand was grabbed quite strongly, "Don't..." the person said, "...Richard let go of my hand." she said blankly, and he did, noticing she didn't act the victim.. which surprised her. She blinks a few times and rubs her eyes.. There were some...blurry colors she could see when she looked around. "huh..." she mumbled, unsure what to make of the very dim and blurry colors.. They disappeared after a few seconds. 'Oh great am i developing something new with my worthless broken eyes?' she thought to herself, she did feel odd, that's for sure.

Riri was surprised the demon was actually...civil? No...creature. She had no proof it was just a demon, not yet. Demonic and evil yes she could sense that much, anyone with half a brain could. But actual demon...no, perhaps something more. She didn't know, just a hunch, no way would someone lock something up in a box like that unless it truly posed a threat and couldn't truly be stopped. She had to admit...it was...actually sort of funny watching it eat the donuts. Though she had no idea who was being referred to as 'nightwalker' she did understand that it usually meant vampire. She was trying to keep calm about everything, no one had died or gotten seriously hurt yet...sure a scary shadow monster had been released but it didn't actually seem hostile.

Honestly it seemed more comedic than anything else....until it bit the womans' head off. Her eyes widened and she let out an ear piercing scream, what the fuck!? Talk about going from zero to sixty! She forced herself to look away and drown out the sounds of it eating the woman. She heard what it said, them getting a reward they couldn't take back. Just what was it? She certainly didn't see anything when she finally managed to open her eyes. Well, anything other than blood. She felt no different either. "T...That...really actually just happened.." She mumbled shakily, dropping to her knees on the ground shaking visibly. "I-I..I joined hoping to m-maybe see a few things...ghosts...small stuff but...not this.." She spoke, looking down at the ground holding herself scared beyond belief. More scared than she'd ever been before in her life.

She didn't cry or anything, no, she was merely frozen in place silently shaking. Her mind had completely frozen, she'd all but passed out. She may as well of seeing as she wasn't speaking or responding to anyone else that'd spoken after her. The woman was entirely motionless save for the visible trembling from her fear.​

Sakurako Nakayama

tumblr_oql735M1uP1rsjikzo1_400.png

Sakurako froze at the being inspecting each and one of them. She couldn't get off the seat and looked at the figure with fear in her eyes thinking it was about to eat them. Her fears were amplified at the fact he was devouring the previously alive shop keeper. She couldn't scream or hear them for the most part. After the being left, she fell forward onto the table as she was leaning forwards. She was quite terrified witht he scene that had unfolded and was in a bit of a hurry to leave. However, like the rest of the gang, something was off.She was too scared, confused and traumatized to actually make any reasonable steps to get out.​

OJ stumbled back for a second, things felt wrong somehow. He couldn't pinpoint it but he forgot about everyone else. He narrowed his eyes and stalked out of the donut shop.

Thoughts ran through his hair as he tried to find an explanation for these new feelings. Or were these sensations. He wasn't sure yet. Nothing was able to bother him anymore. He was able to sort this out.

Soon enough he got to the apartment he had. Twisting the key he listened for any sounds that might be for the cause of alarm. Satisfied with silence he entered slowly and set his bat down. Home sweet home. He prepared himself something small for dinner and managed to wrestle off his binder before flopping onto his bed. He was too tired to change clothes or do homework.

He should ask Dylan to move the meeting place closer to OJ's apartment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back