• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Into the Ocean [Main]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
831bdf581819f228b510a8db9a773b2f.png

Welcome to Meridian!
Just a reminder to keep all drama IN CHARACTER.

Beginning Setting:
Start-of-Summer Festival
A town wide event with games, rides, food, and more!
Saturday, around noon
It's H-O-T outside!

Sinnama Sinnama OGAirbear OGAirbear erzulie erzulie Ladyvix Ladyvix BELIAL. BELIAL. Just Me. Just Me.

Annie
Mood: content
Interactions: no one yet
Tags: no one yet

It had been around this time two years ago when Annie and Blake's Aunt Tessa passed, leaving the house they lived in now to Annie. Less than a day after her passing, Blake was moving back in, since he was over eighteen and Annie was not, which meant she had to have someone there-- an adult-- to take care of her. Things had been tense between her and Blake at first; they hadn't spoken in months, and being forced back together wasn't an ideal situation for either one of them.

Becoming a mermaid couldn't have come at a better time for Annie. She had been feeling lost after Tessa's death, thinking that her brother hated her and she didn't belong anywhere. The little island off the coast was rumored to be haunted, and during Annie's short spurt of rebelling, she'd gone with some other kids.

When she fell into the cave, the others immediately ditched her, leaving her alone in the dark. At first, she'd been terrified. She'd screamed for someone to come help her, she'd tried clawing her way out. Nothing worked, and no one came. She didn't have her cell on her, as she'd left it back on the boat. Since she was sure the others were long gone by now, she'd turned to find another way out of the cave.

Sure enough, she'd found one. An underwater route led right out of the cave, and though she'd never been the best swimmer, it was either that or die here. She'd hesitated for a few minutes before convincing herself to jump in, and even after diving in, she'd taken a minute or two to get acclimated. That was when the water began to bubble, a strange light appearing underneath of her.

She'd thought she was going to die.

But before she could scream, the light subsided and warmth enveloped her. When the bubbles disappeared, she'd started at the sight of a tail. Fast forward to almost two years later, and she was used to the tail that appeared when she touched salt water. It was a safety blanket, one she'd grown attached to.

In fact, she was itching to go out there now. She and her brother had gotten into a particularly nasty fight this morning, and she'd stormed out. Currently she walked slowly along the festival booths, watching a kid nearby get her face painted with mermaid scales. The irony made her smile.

codedbycrucialstar

Sarya
Interactions: open
We had been driving since early morning. It was about noon when they drove into town. There must have been some kind of festival going on because people were wandering around on the streets. Cillian and I drove through town and found the home we had bought and quickly unpacked the car. "Did you see what was going on in town?" Cillian asked as he started to make some food for himself. "Yeah it looks fun." Sarya said running her suitcase upstairs to her room. Coming back downstairs she hops up onto the counter to look at Cillian. "Should we go mingle?" She asks. She had planned on going swimming when the first got there. They were lucky enough to find a house right on the ocean, but this festival interested her. Cillian gave her an odd look. "I just want to meet some people, innocently. Scouts honor." She said scoffing at her brother.
Cillian
Interactions: open​
He and Sarya had quickly finished unpacking their things and decided to head over to the festival. When they got there Sarya immediately found some fried dough and started to eat it. Cillian's attention was drawn to a fun looking ride. He waited for his sister to finish her food before dragging her over to the ride. After the ride was finished he went to buy two candy apples for them but when he turned around Sarya was gone. He spotted her chatting to some dude a few meters away. He walked over and cleared his throat. "Run along lad, trust me." He said the guy who left. "Sarya-" He started but she interrupted him. "I can talk to people without using my powers you know." She said grumpily.

Pepi
| Location: The streets, Starbucks|
| With: ???|
| Mentions: BELIAL. BELIAL. |

Pepi had been excited for the festival the past month, it was; a. a time to have fun around town, b. a time off from work, and c. she could ogle at people. She wasn't some boy hungry girl and honestly after flirting with one of the Bevin's boys, she appreciated woman in a new light. He didn't necessarily make her gay or anything, just bi instead of exclusively straight. Pepi didn't hate him or anything either, she just realized that girls were nice too. Plus she could now appreciate the booty on everybody equally and that was what had sold her that she was partially gay. It's just a thing that happens, only in the life of Pepi though.

Regardless of all that nonsense though, Pepi wasn't so happy about the festival anymore. About two days ago, Pepi went out looking for a new family member to enter her cult palace at home. Pepi was starting to think that Hades needed his own Persephone (irony), and that Zeus should learn that he was in a tank filled with male seaslugs. Honestly, Pepi was just about to move Zeus to another tank, she did not need him annoying the Persephone she was looking for. Back to slug hunting though, Pepi was looking for this new one around the areea she found Hades. Her idea was that if she found this type of slug here before, she could most definitely find another one. In her head it sounded great, until she got there and realized that the tide came in and was engulfing the little seabed she was going to peruse through. Pepi never really gives up though, and decided to search around in other areas a seaslug might be hiding. Needless to say this was not the smartest idea she has ever had, and she didn't even bring Zach here to help her out. She was by herself, during hightide, on a slippery rock. She put herself in grave danger, but it was all worth it for the seaslugs! This time though, it was a different reward she was going to be given. Pepi slipped up for a split second, and the waves crashed on her. This made her loose her footing and be taken by the tide's pull. Pepi was able to surface in time to get air, only to be toppled by another wave. This chain continued for a while, until Pepi found herself in a cove. She was coughing up water and regretting a few life choices, but she was relatively safe now. The waves would not bother her in the cove and she could recover her strength. All she needed to do was swim to the beached area of the cove. At the same time the moon shone on her, and of course being the person she was, Pepi looked up at the full moon during that day.

After that Pepi's life had completely changed, and she was still dealing with keeping her change a secret from EVERYONE she knew. She had no idea what the hell had happened, but when she looked into the moon she felt her feet tingle. As Pepi looked down she saw a light swirl around her feet? And then all of a sudden she had a tail, a freaking mermaid tail! Pepi thought she was going insane and was just hallucinating because of the day she was having. She went to get tot eh shore end of the cove, and found herself flopping around with this tail. She was going to die there and no one would know. It was the most boring and least memorable way to go out too. Just as Pepi was accepting her stupid fate, she sunk into the water and held her breath. After a few seconds she could no longer hold it and let out a huge "blah" underwater. She even opened her eyes in the panic. That's when she found out she could see underwater, and oh my god, she was breathing ass well. ALERT ALERT! This was real! She was living this! Pepi tested it further by swimming, getting used to the overbearing fin and starting to fly through the water. It was incredibly cool and fun and she had to tell everyone! Oh shit, she couldn't tell anyone! She became a freak.....but her life became cool. And then things just became complicated. Once Pepi got on shore her legs started reforming after a bit in the sun. She stared at the ocean for a bit and just ran back to her house. Her parents were in a frenzy, saying they called everyone and stuff and Pepi told them not to worry and all that bla bla worried parents thing. The biggest problem....they called the Bevin household. This meant Pepi was now avoiding Zach and his unnecessary what the hells.

That is why Pepi didn't want to be at the festival, the chances of seeing Zach was HIGH! This didn't mean she wasn't going to destroy someone else's fun though. In fact she was on route to starbucks and when she got there, she had fun. Pepi switched out sugar packets for salt, told the teller a hilarious name. Honestly she was surprised she wasn't on a watch list for the location or something. Granted she did occasionally buy hot chocolate here, when they ran out at home. ONLY when they ran out at home though. Also for some reason there is no good Dunkin around town, which infuriated her. NO SEASALT CARAMEL HOT COCOA! Another reason to rag on starbucks. It was all there fault.
code by RI.a

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait]

original.gif
tumblr_mdi6wvRl0w1ru5889.gif

[/div][div class=statusText]Location: Starbucks
Interaction: Pepi
Tags: Ladyvix Ladyvix [/div][/div][div class=title]Zachary Bevins[/div][div class=text]Zach was pissed. It was uncharacteristic for the man to really be angry. His emotions ranged from mostly amused to mildly annoyed. Even his family noticed, and to tried to get the young man to circumvent his emotions to something productive. It was the day of the festival, and usually spirits were high. The Bevins' household loved the seasonal festivities, having been prominent supporters and avid visitors every year since they moved to Meridian. Zach was usually the most excited about it, loving anything that wasn't the usual hunter training or school related activities. Seeing that Zach was instead kicking rocks outside, his brothers took action to try and help the young man.

Two of his brothers had joined their youngest sibling in the training room beneath their beachfront home and threw daggers at targets. Zach, with stunning precision, hit the targets square right in the bullseye. Each time.

"Ok, what gives? What's creased your panties?" Greg, his older brother, asked. Zach kept his gaze low, flipping the dagger over and over in his hand. He looked up after catching the handle.

"Persephone is avoiding me. I'm pissed, I'm annoyed." Zach tossed his final dagger, managing to plant the blade in a wall far from the targets. Greg winced, less at the dagger and more at Zach's statement.

"Ouch, you used her FULL name. That means it's serious," Greg snorted. Zach rolled his eyes and stalked off, but Jackson (another brother) grabbed his arm to stop him. Greg crossed his arms in front of Zach. "Dude, she had an accident. Must have been traumatic, she's probably just coping. Chill, you have other friends."

Zach groaned, pulling his arm roughly from Jackson's grasp. "No, it's not just that. Its like... I get it, totally, but Christ I'm her best friend... she hasn't tried to talk to me in TWO days, even about anything unrelated to the accident! I've tried reaching out and nothing!" He threw up his hands and stalked in a circle. "I'm worried, okay!"

Greg and Jackson made a noise, looking at each other with a grin. "That's what it is, huh? You're all worried, Mister Emotional," Jackson teased. Zach made a face, turning once again to leave. Jackson and Greg caught their brother this time, easily overpowering him and moving him back to the center of the room. "Go talk to her you idiot, instead of stewing like a little girl. You're an adult, so go be one."

An audible sigh from Zach, followed by a grunt and a moan as he was dragged up the stairs and tossed out of the house. She would be at the festival no doubt, and Zach knew that was his best bet to find some answers from his best friend. They'd been close for a while, closer than Zach usually was with friends. He opened up to Pepi, mostly, and had a strong emotional bond with the younger girl. He told her everything, except the family business and best kept secret of his entire life. It wasn't as if he didn't think she'd be against it, even though she probably would, but he just was so used to lying that it was one thing he wasn't sure he'd ever give up. It was an easy hide, especially with a family as athletic as the Bevins'. Hunting trips and training retreats were chalked up to hiking California mountains or visiting family way out east. It was so easy to lie.. but it still ate him up inside.

Occasional doubts swarmed the boy, doubts that he would be able to keep it up. He would have nightmares of it slipping out and being shunned or judged by peers and friends. He had crafted a persona and he adored the company it kept. Plus, it wasn't like Zach really wanted to be a hunter. It was obligation at this point, and he figured someone else should take his role. He'd be excommunicated from the family, no doubt. That was mostly what made Zach cautious of voicing his apathy.

He made his way downtown, face screwed up in concentration. There were few locations he was sure he'd find Pepi at, and his first guess ended up being the best guess. He had made a pit stop first, before arriving at the final location.

Indeed, she stood inside the Starbucks that she hated so vehemently. Zach crossed his arms, bagel bits filling his arms. He walked into the Starbucks and stared blankly at Pepi, creasing his forehead and then chucking a bagel bit at her. He frowned and chucked another.

"Sir, you can't throw that here and make a mess. I'm going to have to ask you to leave," one of the baristas said. Zach, without engaging with the employee, bent down to grab the pieces that had bounced off of his friend. He shoved the bread in his mouth, leaving the barista speechless.

He continued to ignore the barista.

"So, what the hell?" He asked, his face slightly tinting pink from an emotional influx. This was all the while he was chewing harshly on the bagel. "Are you avoiding me?" He swallowed the bagel piece and chucked a few more at the girl.

"I need answers Pepsi-Cola, or I'm going to empty my entire arm of bagels all over you. What the hell!?" He wasn't usually this serious, and it would be hard to take him truly seriously with a mouthful of bagel bites and an armful of more. But in his eyes, and in his stance, he was rigid.

[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#1B1515; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #c4bcaa; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #1B1515; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.9 [/class]

Pepi
| Location: Starbucks/Street|
| With: Zach|
| Mentions: BELIAL. BELIAL. |

Pepi was honestly have a rather good time, keeping her worries away from her to the point of forgetting them. In fact that would have continued if it wasn't for the fact that someone threw bagel bits at her? Oh no, it was Zach, he found her. This was exactly the thing she was trying to avoid. She was mostly avoiding him, because she needed time to process and THINK. Something foreign to her yes, but she needed to figure out what to tell him, how to tell him, if she was going to tell him.

Zach became her first friend ever and well her best friend when they were still in elementary school. He accepted her and her craziness, including the slugs. It made her incredibly happy that he accepted her and well helped her in a lot of occasions as well. The problem was sometimes he acted like an over bearing mother. Not even her mother acted like that to her, so it was a bunch of nagging she didn't exactly enjoy. Still, she told him everything, so this thing that happened to her was a big deal. If she didn't tell him, it would be the first secret she ever kept from him. Pepi thought that it might tear them apart and without Zach, she didn't really have much people she knew or well liked around town. She would probably shut herself in with her slugs, besides work that is. It was a heavy topic for someone who usually doesn't deal with anything too stressful. Pepi avoided responsibility like the plague. Regardless she had to face him and figure it out NOW, he was not happy.

Pepi chuckled slightly at the barista, truly a greenhorn in the position. They were even bothered by Zach eating the bagel bite. Pepi got an idea, so she held up a finger and dug her hand into the bagel bits, picked out what felt like the biggest one, and lobbed it at the barista's head. She watched with excitement, hoping she threw like a basketball player, as the bit fell into a coffee that was waiting to picked up. She waited for the paying customer to pick it up and drink it, only to have a yelling fit at the barista. Pepi grabbed Zach's arm and ran out in a laughing fit. "That was my best throw yet!" It put a smile on her face, she forgot about the problem at hand, but as soon as she was done laughing it popped up again.

Pepi sighed and started walking towards the place of the incident, the scene of the crime, that very cove. Zach of course would follow her, she knew he would, after all he obviously had been looking for her. After a little bit of silence she started talking finally. "I think I nearly died Za-ch." She was basically getting him back for the Pepsi-cola nickname there, but stopped at that one. "I don't know...I felt weird and stuff after it, like....what would have happened if I died?" Pepi was racking her brain trying to think whether or not she wanted to tell him about be an awesome cool chosen one like in a video game or tv show.

Once the hit the destination as her internal gps pinged, she stayed a bit away from the water. She stared out at the water and just thought, she didn't want to tell him. Not yet. She wanted to give it more thought. Still, one question slipped out of her lips. "Do you believe in fairytales.....you know....like mermaids?" Immediately she realized what she said and freaked out internally. Even her face looked rather distraught, she had to quickly cover it up, anyway anyhow. She would have to make it look like she was insane, DO IT NOW. "I think I saw one save me? Maybe? Everything is blurry, you know?" An obvious lie, but hey it could work, she just tried to keep a straight face, and said nothing else.
code by RI.a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back