• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

John walked into the room maybe a minute or so later. He didn't look like he'd been crying, but the dirt on his face and hands was prominent. He didn't comment on Kay's state, what would it even achieve? Besides making things more awkward than they already were.

He'd guessed that she had read the other letter, but he couldn't be certain. Pulling the iron shard out from his pocket he started removing the dirt from under his nails. "Any insights on what to do next, or it just a pile of questions whirling around?"

Kay took notice of the dirt on John but like he wouldn't comment on her state, she didn't comment on his. She was going to wipe his face but the moment he took out the iron shard to clean under his nails she thought twice about it. For such a small thing, it did put her on edge a little.

"Nothing. Just more questions as per usual. Been trying to deciefer exactly what she meant by saving a race that was wiped out by the only thing that kills us permanently. Nothing makes sense to me and it's frustrating the hell out of me" she replied. She refused to openly say what she thought it meant because it was too overwhelming and ridiculous even for her.

"You?" She asked.

"More of the same" he shrugged, flicking the last pieces of dirt away and tucking away the shard deep in the pocket of his coat. He then elaborated, as his questions spanned a wide variety of topics.

"Why is all this stuff happening now? And all at once? Mask and their many, many mysteries. What ever Chas read in that book. What exactly is going on with Elliott, the stuff with the Watchtower. Why me? Which divine being of Fate do I have to beat up for answers? And the inevitable, what is coming next? Cos I don't think Mask was referring to the iron, I think it's something bigger."

A realisation hit him "Bloody Hells!"

Watching him out the iron shard deep in his pocket made her internally sigh with relief. She hoped back at the apartment he would keep that thing far far away from her, and if he didn't then she may have to get Chas or Elliott to make him as she could hardly touch it and get rid of it herself.

She listened to what he said. He had a valid point, it was all happening at the same time but they all seemed things that couldnt be linked, yet she couldn't help but wonder if most of it was linked. She looked at him when he exclaimed out what he did. "what?" She asked.

(Just to warn you I'll be slower replying from around 11:30am as I'm doing a photoshoot today)

He shook his head in disbelief that it had taken this long to figure it out. It was only a theory, but the more he thought about it, the more it started to make an unnerving amount of sense. He ran a hand over his face, smearing more dirt everywhere as he mustered up the words.

"One of Elliott's card, back when Jay did her thing. It was titled 'The Oncoming Storm', which makes me wonder.......what if Mask is referring to something that will happen to Elliott and not to one of us?"

(Okay dokie, good to know)

John putting more dirt on him wasn't helping her urge to wipe it all off. It was making that urge worse. She watched as he clearly was starting to piece stuff together. What he said though shocked her and made her realise he was onto something.

".....that would make sense but it doesn't exactly make me feel good. The idea of something happening to Ell? That's hard to digest" she told him truthfully, before caving into her urge and using her hand to get rid of the dirt on his face.

"I really hope I'm wrong." He was speaking truthfully, he really did hope that nothing was going to happen to Elliott, he couldn't live with himself if it did. "I'd rather have a tonne of shit happen to me than have anything to him, he really doesn't need any more crap in his life. I've just accepted that I'm the universe's pawn, but Elliott isn't. He's better than that."

And there it was, the undeniable truth, the loyalty blazing in his eyes, that if it came down to it, John would always be fighting in Elliott's corner. "you can be damn sure I'm going to grill our masked 'friend' and I will not be taking no for an answer." He barely noticed that Kay was removing the dirt from his face.

"I hope you're wrong too John. I really do." She began saying, she could see everything he was feeling in his eyes and it broke her heart. She may not have been in their lives for long in the great schemes of things but she knew what their family meant to each other. Meant to John.

"And you can bet your ass I'll be there with you backing you every moment. That kid has grown on me and I don't want anything happening to him as much as you don't. He may be your kid but I almost see him as mine too John. We'll do all we can to keep him safe" she told him. Her tone ever as much truthful and serious.

The fact that Kay conisdered Elliott to be like her own kid came as a surprise to him, Elliott wasn't always the easiest to get to know. Yet even when he was being dark and monosyllabic he still grew on people. It was partially due to being scarred (literally and physically) in the past that Elliott was hesitant to trust.

And that she was willing to back him up brought a sense of.... happiness?..... pride?..... relief? over John. He knew that her words the truth, and that meant far than she could ever know. The fact that there were people willing to fight for his idiot adoptive kid was unbelievable to him. And it was what Elliott really needed.

"Thank you for saying that. But let's hope it doesn't come to that. Speaking of which, we should probabaly get back to the appartment and see if said idiot is there"

Kay couldn't be sure if John knew truly that she meant every word but she had an inkling he did. His whole body language and just vibe she picked up from him told her that. She wasn't going to let him do this alone, no matter what.

"I mean every word. But agreed. I hope it doesn't but I'm prepared for it if it does. You two are my boys and my family." She began replying, "yeah we should. Especially now I know I won't drop if I get up again." She smiled. "Oh and John? Get in the shower when we get back" she smirked, meaning her last bit with every ounce of love.

John smirked then groaned "my face is covered with grave dirt isn't it?" He'd only just realised that he'd been smearing the dirt around his face. That was probabaly blasphemy on sixteen different levels. "I've probabaly pissed off so many deities by doing that."

It was a good idea to get it off, as The House began to head for the apartment, John headed into one of the many bathrooms of The House. He took the majority off his hands and face, but some more presistant stuff remained on him.

Kay actually chuckled at his reply to her shower comment. "Yup, I've tried getting it off but to no avail" she commented. "And hey, what's new right?" She joked.

Kay waited for him in the bedroom standing up to stretch her legs and she couldn't resist checking how her healing went in the mirror. Even though the wound was right between her cropped top and skirt, she still lifted the top ever so slightly more to get a better look. She saw the temporary healed over skin from where the stab wound was, running her fingertips over it she was feeling glad it would soon disappear, hopefully by the next day of she was lucky and there's be no hint of her battle wound.

She pulled the top back down with sigh. "Today can seriously go do one" she thought to herself.

He walked back into the bedroom looking much cleaner than he had before. While he was at it, he'd properly cleaned his nails. "I'm guessing walking around with grave dirt on my face is a fashion trend that won't catch on."

The House landed itself near John's appartment, and just like last time, had deposited the bikes in the main hallway using it's mystic moving abilities. John turned to Kay "come on, lets go"

She looked up at him when he walked in and she gave an acted out grimaced facial expression, crinkling up her face whilst shaking it. "Nah ah! I'd take you dirty but not quite in that context!" She chimed. That one cheeky remark solidifying his impression she was back to herself, even more so than before.

She followed John into the main hall to find the bikes. Smiling, she nodded in agreement. "Let's" she simply said, going to the bike and grabbing her helmet ready to ride back home.

As soon as the two left the house, their phones regained a signal, and promptly began chiming notifications as if they were high on crack cocaine. "what the hells?" Even though they'd only been gone a few hours, John had 42 missed calls from Chas along with a long series of texts (also from Chas) all various variations on "John, pick up the phone, this is important" "John! THIS ISN'T A JOKE! PICK THE FUCK UP! and "JOHN BLOODY HELL! RING ME NOW! WE HAVE A SITUATION!"

Kay's phone wasn't behaving any differently, Chas had also rung her, and texted, saying the same thing "will you or John pick up a bloody phone for once". And mixed in among it were messages from all of A.J's gang, saying something along the lines of "what the hell is he doing?" "Heading there now, gonna make a scene" "Is it time to activate?" and "somebody get John and Kay ASAP." Jay had been present in the group chat, texting only twice, the first being "shit" and the second "It's begun, we're doing it for real."

John looked at Kay, realising that something had happened. He immediatly dialled Chas, putting the phone on speaker for them both to hear "Mate, what the hell is going on?"

Kay quickly got her phone out of her jacket pocket and like John, started reading down the messages and listening to the ones left by Chas. Hearing Chas extremely pissed off and concerned worried her greatly.

She looked at John back with worry in her facial expression. She stood close to him when he dialled Chas so she could hear the call on speaker easily. From all the messages she had the worst feeling Elliott was in trouble.

(Finished the shoot so I'm back to replying more promptly now :) )

"Bloody hell it's about time!" An uncharacteristic response, usually Chas would have some kind of greeting for him. "How long will it take you to get to a television or something that can show live news?" He continued. "I'm about two minutes from home, why?" "You need to see the shit that's going down. Tune to CNN or BBC, or any news channel" In the background honking could be heard, telling him that Chas was sppeding towards him as they spoke.

John took off at a full force sprint, his coat flapping behind him. He gave no thought to whether Kay could keep up or not. He bolted through the side door, taking the steps three or four at time until he reached the fourth floor. He practically broke the key as he jammed it in the lock.

As Chas instructed he tuned to the first new channel he could find. The current news story was focusing on the Justice League and "Five hours ago the League emerged from the succesful negotians with the alien race known as the Devra." "Oh bollocks no, Chas, don't tell me......" The cabbie didn't respond, confirming John's fears.

"The League handed over the criminal mage known as Quinn, a rogue Devra they captured on a recent mission." The camera cut to a shot of Elliott being led out of the hall of Justice, his hands encased in full block manacles, and shackled behind his back. Despite this, he was walking with confidence, as if he was the one in control.

At the sight John unleased a wave of foul profanities, stretching across all the languages he knew, including the obscure languages he had learned for spell casting purposes.

(Cool! Hope it went well :) )

Kay didn't like what Chas was saying. She knew her bad gut feeling was justified in this instant, the moment John took off she took off after him. She was behind him by a few feet but he was still in eye shot of her the whole time.

She managed to catch up when he got to the side entrance and the steps. She took two at a time unlike his four at a time, but it didn't stop her flying up those stairs quickly and nimbly. She followed behind and looked at the TV when John turned it on. Panic was high with her as she watched what was being broadcasted before her hands threw up to her mouth as she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"..no...." She just gasped, not able to get the words out like John could. Sheer horror and worry in her eyes. She couldn't understand how Elliott could look so confident as he walked shackled. John's words of varying languages just seemed to fade into nothing to her as she just focused on the TV. It was like the world could come crashing down and she wouldn't notice because she was too sick to her stomach in worry over Elliott.

(Yeah it did!)

John barely noticed Kay's arrival, too absorbed in his berating of the universe. He verbally insulted everything and every person he could possibly think of who coukd be involved. But the words could only last so long. And still they couldn't convey everything he was feeling.

On screen the reporter was explaining the events of five hours ago, something about deals being negotiated and signed, awaiting trial and an almost unanimous decision to hand the criminal mage over. John was snapped out of it by the sight of his guitar case firmly strapped over Elliott's shoulder. "bloody hell, he took my guitar!"

John went over to Elliott's room and tested the door. It was unlocked, something that never happened. Looking inside he saw that all Elliott's belongings had been neatly boxed away. "He bloody planned this."

Kay knew it was best to not touch John when he got like this. She just had to let him get all this venting out of his system before he started thinking straight again, or at least enough to come back to reality mentally.

She didn't even know the justice League personally like John did but she began to hate them so much for doing this to Elliott. She looked closely at the screen when John snapped out of it to point out the guitar case, which made her snap out of her own void.

She followed him to Elliott's room, she could barely comprehend how Elliott could plan all this and why. "Why would he do this?" She questioned, more to the air than to John. She was just trying to make sense of it all.

Chas arrived just after Kay spoke, he was slightly disheveled and had evidently ran full pelt up the stairs to get there. He took one look at John, knowing just how messed up he was at this moment in time. "Mate, there isn't words for this, I'm sorry just doesn't cut it."

John turned at the sound of Chas's voice. "What the bloody hell is he doing this for?" There was more emotion in his voice than Chas had ever heard in his entire life, save one exception. "I don't know....yet." He replied, laying a hand on John' shoulder. It was a testament to their bond that John didn't shove him off, like he would have done for anybody else.

John looked like he wanted to punch something, or, more precisely, someone. "I'm going to give those arseholes a piece of my mind." There was a dangerous anger brewing in him. It was blazing like a fire, and it was then that Chas could just how well the name Hellblazer suited him. "And there is nothing you can do to stop me."

Chas looked him dead in the eyes "Oh I'm not going to stop you, I'm coming with." He turned towards the door. "Your stuff is in the car, I took it earlier." Noticing John's expresion he smirked "what? They've gone too far, and it's high time somebody told them that."

Kay span round when Chas arrived and spoke up. She felt glad he was here as she knew Chas could help in ways she may not be able to. Seeing John this emotional and hot wired broke her but it also put a little bit of fear in her. Though that fear didn't stop her from understanding why he was feeling and reacting this way.

The very moment he said he was going to give them a piece of his mind, she knew she had to go too. The League didn't know her, most probably didn't know she even existed and she knew John and Chas could use that if it came to it. She would do anything of it meant finding out why Elliott did this and possibly try and get him back.

"Don't think you're both going without me." She replied sternly, folding her arm across her chest.

"Never said we weren't, let's move." That was Jay, who had somehow materialised too. She was dressed in her usual attire, plain t-shirt, cargo trousers and thick combat boots with leather jacket slung over it. She wasleaning against the doorframe.

John fixed her with a glare, that most would have crumbled under. "no way are ypu coming." But Jay wasn't most, she returned it with equal force. "unless you can fly an alien spaceship, then you need a pilot and a co-pilot. The planet's shielded, so The House won't get in. So yes I am coming" she added, not backing down her glare the entire time.

Chas just sighed, "people, lets go already."

Kay looked up to find Jay appearing out of nowhere. She knew Kay was right when she said what she did. They'd need her and John had to face that fact.

"Jay and Chas are right, let's go." She chimed in backing up Jay more than anything. Though she was surprised slightly that John only refused Jay to come initially. She was glad no one argued her coming along, as she only would have been like Jay and told them she ain't taking no for an answer.

Kay walked ahead up the stairs to stand by Jay. "Well? We going or what?" She asked John and Chas.

"Yes, and I'm taking shotgun." Jay added, knowing that it would piss off John that she got the front seat. "If you want to bring anything take it now, we won't be back for a while." She was honestly surprised that Kay was backing her up, all things considered. Chas and John followed, the latter grabbing a few things and waiting for Kay, letting Chas and Jay go ahead before locking up firmly, knowing it would be a could while before he'd see the apartment again.

The atmosphere in the cab was uncomfortable to say the least. John was stewing in his own anger and emotional cesspit. Chas was using the excuse of I have to focus on the road to avoid intereacting. And Jay's face was devoid of emotion, a well formed mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back