• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Fia looked at Max when he seemed to be weighing up some ideas in his head before he began telling her about his healing abilities to her. She listened with great interest, finding everything he was saying to her highly interesting. The idea that the isogrii healed by almost turning back time on the injury was fascinating and something she never would have thought of, but if she had truly thought about it she would find that, it'd be more understandable if she put it into terms like her own kind. For Max, to heal was to reverse the injury, for her kind, they almost in a way reversed their own death with the aid of fire. It wasn't exactly the same, that she would never claim otherwise, but it would make things a lot easier to understand, not that she found it difficult to understand in the first place. It would mean she could try and compare the differences and similarities though. This was something when she began doing in her head, she enjoyed doing. She loved finding the differences and similarities in different being's ways, cultures, languages, abilities and so forth. Doing so meant she could have her eyes and mind opened a lot more. She smirked when he did the airquotes but that smirk softened and faded when she saw he was letting his sentence trail off when talking about Jay. She may not have understood the quiet joke he said to himself, but she could it made things a little easier to deal with. "Fascinating" she simply said to everything he told her.

She then listened to his reply to her other question about what the next lot of moves were going to be. When she had asked him, she only expected him to tell her what he was doing, but when he gave a greater answer on what was about to happen next for absolutely everyone. She also noticed how he only said Hell in the singular context compared to the rest of the large and extended family or more precisely, like John which she always found interesting when epople said it in the singular way as she had grown up so used to hearing it in a plural sense. She physically had to remind herself that not everyone spoke like her father on such matters. She nodded in understanding, "makes sense after everything I saw ove the other side that that's what they're doing. Rinaa was already dying and they hadn't even started the transfer of Sykes yet. It hurt so much seeing her like that, but I know she's willing to give her life for this. I also get you on your other points, I don't wanna hurt my folks and family by letting them believe whatever they need to to make this work, but I know it's for the best. I know I gotta be sly in the morning to try and scan Ell and get full photos of him and his outfit he'll be wearing, which will be a challenge but one I'm prepared for" she told him back. "Which reminds me, I should probably head back to the apartment soon before someone wakes up and finds me gone. But what about you? What's your personal next move?" she asked.

'Max' gave a slow nod in response. Rinaa had been steadily getting worse over the course of the days he'd spent with her, but to hear that she'd actually started to die in the other timeline was an emotional punch to the gut. He hadn't known Rinaa very long (only a few weeks at most and most of that time they'd spent cramming full of as much working, researching and planning as they could). There were many ways in which Rinaa was a very different person to the Leah he'd grown up with, but all too often he found himself focusing on the similarities between the two. It was these similarities that made it all too easy for him to imagine it was his Leah fighting for her life as her soul was violently cleaved. "I don't even want to imagine what it's like for her go through the split." He sighed sadly, letting the thought hang in the air for a few moments.

'Max' flashed Fia another smile as she explained her plans. "You're well able to do that sneakily, all the training you've been given.. it should be a piece of cake. The family really won't suspect a thing. Trust me. They're not expecting you to be up to something this dodgy, which makes it a lot easier for you to get away with it. Not to mention that as Elliott's favourite, he'll let you get away with a bit of weirdness." When she turned the question on him he gave a shrug, drawing his shoulders up to the bottom of his ears. "For the next few hours?" 'Max' asked rhetorically. "Nothing vastly exciting to be honest, I don't have to rendezvous with Leah or the replacement she sends along for a few hours, so my plans really go no further than heading back to base and eating something. And try to sleep I suppose- I could really do with it, once the morning comes 'round things will get hectic again."

Fia knew it wouldn't be easy to hear how Rinaa was when she last saw her moments ago, but she felt it was only right that Max got the up to date information, she didn't feel it was right to leave him in the dark over it. He knew it would be unlikely Rinaa could survive the separation but that didn't mean he had to be left unknowing what was going on on the other side and what she witnessed. She gave him a comforting squeeze on the shoulder as he replied to her, knowing how much it would hurt him to know how bad Rinaa was at the moment. She let her comforting hold linger as the long the silence between them did, as she too hated seeing Rinaa in such a way as she remembered just how helpless she felt, which only was heightened due to no one letting her anywhere near Rinaa. She didn't even feel the need to speak for once, just letting the words and their thoughts linger in the air, almost like they were giving Rinaa a moment of silence to think and hope for her survival, even if it would be incredibly unlikely.

When Max did start talking again, she let go of his shoulder and smiled back at him a she flashed her a smile, a smile that only grew when he spoke of his full faith that she could get what needed to be done with no problem. She even smirked and chuckled when he said how she was Elliott's favourite, making her wonder if it was the same in his timeline to make him say such a thing, or if it was something he had just picked up on whilst watching their group in the shadows or something else entirely. Either way, the very idea that she could be Elliott's favourite in any timeline did make her happy as to her, it showed that she could be close to her brother in any timeline he was alive. Max also had this way of really making her trust him and his words, despite not knowing he existed until tonight. With his explanation of what he would be doing and when, she nodded once more. "yeah, I feel you on that one. I guess I should head back myself and get some sleep." she replied with a casual sigh and pushing herself off the wall. "Max thanks for having faith in me tonight. I know I'm not your Fia, but it means a lot having someone in my corner over everything, and helping me and Rii get closure with each other. After the hostility over there, coming back to you trusting I can do all I can to help the cause means a lot to me. I really hope we manage to save your dad too" she finally told him, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Fia's squeeze of 'Max's' shoulder had the desired effect of comforting him, as well as making him feel less alone. He copied Fia's gesture, wrapping one arm around her in a sort of one-armed hug, gently squeezing her shoulder. She needed comfort as much as he did, as Fia herself said earlier, Rinaa was a friend who she cared about. The two would soon be parting ways, but in this moment they were together and united in this moment of silence, both thinking about Rinaa's ordeal and (in their own ways) praying all would go well.

When Fia let go of his shoulder 'Max' dropped his arm, bringing it to rest on the wall behind him. He didn't miss the smile that grew over her face as he pronounced her to be Elliott's favourite. This declaration was based purely on his timeline (he knew nothing about Fia's and Elliott wasn't alive in Rinaa's). His Elliott had never outright said it, trying to be a diplomatic adult about the whole thing, but actions spoke louder than words- there was a difference in what he'd let Fia get away with and what he'd let Leah or 'Max' get away with.

'Max' gave a slightly embarrassed smile at Fia's words. His dark skin didn't show any blushes, but he could feel his face getting warm at the praise. "You're not that different from my Fia. I'm glad you got closure, even if it meant you had to go into the lion's den on the other side. And having your back? It was my pleasure, you're family after all." His smile changed into something more determined as he spoke about his father. "I hope we save him too. I'm very fond of existing. The way I understand the laws of time it seems it can't be me personally who saves him. Either it has to be somebody else entirely who does it, or I have to be assisted by other people. I can't do it solo." Without knowing he was doing it 'Max' had given a potential explanation as to why so many of Fia's attempts to save Kay when she'd been taken by demons had been complete and utter failures.

Pushing off the wall he made his way over to the alcohol bottle, picked it up and secured the cap shut. The tweezers went back into his pocket knife and the bits of fabric he'd picked from his hands went into a small plastic bag which he jammed into his pocket. He adjusted his backpack's position then turned toward Fia. "Well..... I'll hopefully see you on the other side I guess" he shoved his hands into his pockets, clearly at a loss for what else to say

Fia never thought about Max possibly returning the notion of comfort to her as she was so used to just giving comfort and not receiving it from people that wasn't Elliott or John for the most part, so when Max returned it by giving her a side one armed hug, she felt surprised but leaned into it slightly, realising just how much she actually did need it. She really did hope that a version of him would be around in the new timeline with whatever version of herself happened/be born so she could grow up with a friend as well as Leah.

She listened to him as he replied to her, finding it interesting and almost hopeful in some ways that his Fia wasn't that different to herself. She smiled back at him as he spoke, before her smile faded as she saw him look and sound determined to save his father which she really could understand. just like she did all she could to save her mother she would do whatever it took to save her dad if it came to it. She also found it curious about what he said when it came to the laws of time and saving family on his own. "huh...well that explains a lot..." she muttered, as she thought back to all those failed attempts to save her mother on her own when her dad went into a depressive state on the couch, unable to move. It certainly helped to explain why it then suddenly worked when she sought aid from everyone in this time as well. "I'm pretty fond of you existing as well, even if i've just met you and only your fake name, i'd like to know whatever version of you that will exist if this works out for all of us" she smiled.

She watche dhim tidy up his stuff that he used for fixing his hands up before he finished up and looked at her one more time. "I really do hope so" she told him back and before she left, she instantly hugged him properly and tightly for a moment before pulling away, stepping back a couple of steps and willing her phoenix wings to appear so she could get back to the apartment quickly. "Bye Max, good luck" she said one more time then turned on her heels, ran to the edge of the roof and leapt off before soaring up and toward Cal and Cliff's apartment, her red and orange wings just about visible in the night sky.

The hug caught 'Max' slightly off guard, making him stumble backwards a little. His Fia was a big fan of hugs, both giving and receiving them, as was he (Leah was more prickly on the matter, when pissed off or frustrated she shrunk away from all hugs, even when she actually really wanted one). He recovered quickly, pulling his hands from his trouser pockets and wrapped them around her back, pulling her in close. "See you on the other side Fia!" 'Max' called after her. He did add something else, a wish for good luck and success but it was delivered in Jay's native language and the wind created by Fia's wings all but drowned the sound out. He lingered a few seconds, watching the glow of her wings against the dark night sky, waiting until they extinguished when Fia reached the window of the spare room she was sleeping in in Cal and Cliff's apartment. Content that she was back safe 'Max' turned away and vaulted over the edge of the roof and onto the fire escape. With his back clothes and backpack, dark skin and distinctive blue hair covered by a beanie style hat, he quickly melted into the darkness like a wraith.

The apartment was quiet when Fia returned, all were asleep and at no point during the night had anybody woken and checked whether or not she was in her room. Fia had gotten away with sneaking out and travelling to another timeline. Not everybody's sleep was peaceful, however. The whole day had been filled with stress, panic, revelations and sights they didn't necessarily want to see. Many people's sleep was plagued by images of Zan- pale, exhausted, hooked up to all kinds of machines, looking like he was going to give up the ghost in a matter of minutes- as well as images of Elliott in lying Zan's place. For Jay and John this was the most haunting image, neither had seen the targeting spot and both had failed to do something to save the man who meant so much to them. Both were torturing themselves with what would have happened had Zan not acted- an image of Elliott sprawled face first on the ground, blood leaking into the construction site ground seemed to be burned on their retinas and danced before their eyes every time they closed them. Elliott didn't have implants, the bullet would have gone straight through and shattered his face open, just like it had done to Mara, leaving him totally and irreversibly dead. Cal and Cliff, couldn't help but see Cal in Elliott's place. If the assassin had wanted to ruin Zan's life, then it made sense that they'd his daughter as well. Maybe if they hadn't reacted quickly enough in the building site it would have been Cal's body that was taken out in a body bag?

Nobody's sleep was restful and by the time the morning rolled around nobody felt particularly rejuvenated and certainly nobody looked it. But they all got up anyway, being around people who were suffering in the same way, people who could understand was a far better alternative to lying in bed alone. There were dark circles and bags around eyes, eyes which all had a slightly haunted look to them. Jay and John were both making it their business to stay closer than normal to Elliott and he let them, knowing they needed the reassurance of his continued existence just as much as he needed the reassurance of their presence.

Max hugging her back was welcomed by Fia, being all used to some people hugging her back relucantly or just freezing in her grip and not return the hug, at least in this time. In her time it was different, she still had to really gauge whether a hug would be welcomed, but a part from the likes of Jay and Leah, no one ever seemed to totally against hugging her back if she needed such a moment with someone, whether it be her mother, father or brother. After she pulled away she smiled at Max's call back to her as she made her exit from the rooftop and toward the apartment. As she flew across town, making sure to go straight to the window of the spare room she was sleeping in this time, rather than the balcony or main roof and sneak back through the living room, like how she exited the apartment to get to said opposing rooftop. as the window came up, she judged the gap before letting her wings disappear, letting her body carry through the gravity, grabbing the open window ledge to save herself and leapt inside, making sure to land as quietly as possible. Once landed and inside, she paused to just be certain no one could have stirred awake when she got inside then got up satisifed everyone was still very much asleep. She then peeled herself out of her jacket kicked her boots off and let herself crash on top of the bed where she laid there awake for a few minutes before finally falling asleep.

By the morning Kay woke up, remembering that John fell asleep on the couch in the living room and hoped he and the others had a restful sleep, though she highly doubted it as she herself didn't even have a restful night. Like the others, she found the events of the hospital attack, her own fainting and everything else was swirling around in her head. The witnessing of her own daughter helping to restrain the assassin and almost being killed in the process still prevelant in her mind as she slept in particular as her dreaming state reminded her just how much she was actually scared of losing her kid who wasn't technically her child yet. She never realised in the moment how worried she was but during her sleep, her mind decided to remind her of the fact greatly. So when morning came round, she was glad to not be going through all that whilst trying to sleep. Up and in the main room with the others, she noticed Fia was the last to be awake again which didn't seem particularly strange and she thought it must have been just a case of she had a bad ngiht's sleep. Looking among everyone who was awake and in the room, she could just tell from the looks of everyone that no one had a good night's sleep so she didn't feel too alone on that front.

It was a good few minutes before Fia eventually woke up and showed her face to everyone else in the main room, her phone in her hand, same clothes as what she fell asleep in and her ponytailed hair messy. Looking around at everyone she realised she was the last one to be up yet again. "Morning, if it is still morning..." she mumbled, not having taken notice of what time it was.

John's sleep on the couch had been just as disturbed, fragmented and haunted by nightmares as everybody else, but he was the only one not to have fully woken up at some point in the night. This fact didn't reassure him or comfort him in any way, in fact it did the exact opposite, John knew that the only reason he hadn't broken out of light REM sleep was because the physical exhaustion of his body caused by the stress of the day before (as well as the stress of the past few days of the trial and the revelations that accompanied them) and fighting for his life in the hospital corridor, accompanied by the fact he'd gotten so little sleep anyway in the past few days had finally become greater than and overtaken the insomnia-induced urge to remain awake and his body had quite literally shut down, forcing his mind to follow suit. The downside of this was that he'd spent the entire night in the same uncomfortable position on the couch- sitting upright with one elbow on the armrest, head resting on his hand- and he'd left him with a stiff crick in his neck, which he'd been rubbing intermittently ever since he properly woke up to somewhat alleviate the pain.

All eyes looked up at Fia's arrival, taking in her less than fully rested state, knowing without asking that she, like the rest of them, had not had an easy or complete nights sleep. Chas and Dan looked equally unrested after their night in the forge. There was some half-eaten, mostly ignored food on the table, nobody felt particularly like eating, but Cliff as the resident doctor had once again insisted they eat something. Conversation was awkward and stilted nobody wanting to risk setting anybody off or obsessively repeat everything that had happened the day before. It was Elliott who initially answered Fia's question, tilting his wrist to look at his watch. He had taken off Zan's old leather jacket while sleeping, but had put it back on shortly after he woke up. There was something comforting about the weight of the worn leather and with his usual item of comfort clothing (the old grey hoodie with repair patches on the arms and darns on the cuffs) millions and millions of miles away on Earth he'd take whatever was available that would make him feel even the slightest bit better.

"It's just about morning" he replied to which Cliff added in an unusually defeatist tone. "Not that it really matters at this stage. I've taken time off work, after what happened yesterday my boss was more than willing to let me. Simeon's running the forge for the foreseeable future and the trial is on hold indefinitely while they begin to investigate Zan's shooting." Cal tightened the arm she had around her wife, pulling Cliff in closer. "At this stage we are really just waiting on any kind of news, be it about the assassins in custody or from Bec and Dexter."

The fact that everyone looked the same as her told Fia that no one suspected she was up and out and even out of time for a chunk of the night which was of a great relief. She wouldn't have to come up with some kind casual lie to convince them she was up to anything which she really didn't want to have to do. For once, she was actually thankful that everyone felt like their sleep was anything but restful. She noticed how John was which told her he didn't once move from his upright position during the night that she last saw him in when she snuck out. Even Kay looked like she could have done with a better night's sleep than she actually got. She noticed the food on the table and went over grabbing the nearest thing to her and eating it as Elliott flipped his wrist round to look at the time on his watch making her nod before looking at Cliff as she sounded uncharacteristically defeatist. With Cal adding what they were now left with doing, which wasn't much Fia sighed and nodded.

"makes sense I guess that's all we can do for now" she replied as she started thinking how she could get the scan and photos of Elliott during the day if everyone was going to down in the dumps along with John and Jay being even closer to Elliott than usual. They needed to do something to get everyone out of this tired induced funk that had gripped every single one of them, but she was also aware that if she suggested something in this moment, it would probably be shot down instantly. She needed to really play it carefully if she was to do what she needed to without having suspicion fall onto her. Last thing she needed was John or Jay snooping through her phone. She didn't say much more for a few minutes before she did eventually speak up again, "maybe we should all do something today...just as a distraction for a little while?" she casually suggested. Kay looked at Fia when the suggestion came up and she had to admit it did seem like a good one, they did all need something to focus on that wasn't the trial, impending trials of the assassins, and everything else. "good idea kiddo. Think we could all do with something a but more positive to focus on for a little while" Kay replied before a small yawn escaped her lips, making her grab her drink in the hopes it'll help in waking her more. She knew if they could focus on something else just for a while, that when they got made to focus back on the complicated stuff they'll all be able to cope with it better.

The overwhelming resigned edge in Cliff's tone when she spoke had Dan looking towards the doctor and Cal, worry in his eyes and written all over his face. Cliff was like a beloved niece or sort-of daughter to him and over the years he'd seen her deal with and overcome many obstacles, but he'd never heard her sound as defeated as this. It was a mark of just how much everything was affecting her that her usual positive outlook had been so badly dampened. Cal caught Dan's gaze and gave an answering look of worry. Seeing her wife like this was clearly upsetting Cal immensely, but she was determined to be there to support her wife.

John gave a sort of nod at Fia's suggestion, followed by a look of annoyance. She was right, something needed to be done to break this oppressive atmosphere weighing down on the whole room. He had barely been awake an hour, but during that hour the tension, worry and uneasiness in the room had only grown. The fear of losing him was so great that nobody wanted to be in a different room to Elliott for too long. If the tension kept building at this rate and if they didn't distract themselves, somebody would commit murder before the day was out. "In theory I'm all for that idea kid, but where the buggerin' fuck would we go and what the bloody Hells would we even do? I personally don't want to be anywhere near that court." There was a round of nods of agreement. According to Elliott's legal team the court was engulfed in a media circus. Zan's identity had been concealed from the press, but the prince hadn't been fast enough to stop the link between the shooting of an unknown Attilian citizen and Elliott's trial becoming public knowledge.

"It's not a bad idea." Chas replied, his thoughts running along a similar line to John's. "And I don't want to go anywhere near the hospital or places where my colleagues eat and meet up after work. I just can't stomach lying to them, or fending off wild theories about yesterday's attack in the hospital." Cliff gave a deep sigh, leaning further against Cal. She gave a slight flicker of a smile as Cal rubbed her shoulder gently, then added in a slightly more positive tone, "but I do agree we should get out of here." "Well whatever we do, if it involves going outside, Ell will have to be disguised." Jay declared from her position on the couch. She may have spent the night sleeping with an arm wrapped around Elliott and his head tucked against her shoulder, but now that everybody else was awake and watching she wasn't so obviously showing her affection. "He's now the face of a revolution. The last thing we need is for him to be recognised and for somebody on the other side to kick things off and make a massive scene."

Fia looked between Kay and John as they replied to her, she could see how both of them knew deep down she was right, that sitting around the apartment doing nothing but mope and feel like they're all on top of each other was going to do none of them any good. She may not know the area that well, but surely like in London, there had to be somewhere they could go or something they could do. She also didn't like how this whole environment and mood was affecting Cliff as she was normally the one to give everyone else the encouragement that was needed and see the positives in the troubling times. She sighed at John's abrupt reply before turning to Jay and Cliff as they gave their own little remarks along with Chas agreeing her initial suggestion. If she was going to make her plan to get what she needed of Elliott, then she needed to come up with a bloody good idea that would make everyone agree. She did however agree that whatever they did, Elliott would need some sort of disguise so he wasn't recognisable but she also knew that if they were to disguise Elliott she'd need to do the scan and photos before the change.

She gave everything said some thought then snapped her fingers as she thought of an idea, "what about all going to a park or some quiet open area? Take our own food, maybe instruments or something to do games? make it a picnic type deal? There's gotta be somewhere perfect for that here...right?" she suggested, looking at Cliff, Cal and Dan mostly as she knew out of everyone they'd know if there was somewhere to go that'd fit the bill better than anyone else. "it'd mean no one has to be near their work area, the courthouse or risk bumping into someone they don't wanna be around, but we all get fresh air and can focus on anything but what's dragging us all down" she added. Kay thought about what was being suggested and she had to admit, Fia had some very valid points in her suggestion, it was the perfect kind of thing they could all do together and not be plagued with their worries. If they did go with that, she wouldn't even mind taking her art book and pencils as it could mean a good moment to draw some Attilian nature and the group. "I'm down for that idea if everyone else is?" she replied looking around at everyone.

Everybody in the room made valid points, John thought. Despite being the first to raise an objection to the plan, he'd been hoping that one of the others would be able to provide an idea that would solve his issues (and all the issues raised by the others). But it didn't look like that was going to be the case ad he slumped further back into the couch with a frustrated sigh. Jay may have phrased her words like it was a harsh fact of the reality they found themselves in, but Elliott knew her well enough by now to be able to understand it for what it really was- Jay voicing her fear of losing him in a way that wouldn't make the others in the room aware of how much she cared. Elliott's preferred to think of it as Jay being scared or shy about showing how much she cared (as opposed to Jay thinking that caring for him was a weakness to be disguised from all, even those who were like family to him, and who Jay would hopefully realise were willing to be her family too). While Fia mulled over all that had been said to her Elliott turned to face Jay better. "Believe me, I have no intentions of going outside without some kind of disguise" he told her, gently laying one of his hand over one of hers. Jay gave a nod, relief flashing through her silver eyes. "I had no intention of letting you." She replied softly.

At first the rooms reaction to Fia's suggestion was one of scepticism. A picnic out in the open seemed like an incredibly frivolous thing to do, especially since there was a man in a black-site hospital with a sever gunshot wound. But as she further outlined her thoughts and Kay added her own words in favour of the matter the others began to warm to the idea. "It's certainly a better suggestion than anything else that's been thrown around so far." Chas replied, a cautious edge in his voice. He didn't know the city and it's surroundings as well as the others did and the only parks he'd seen so far were those in the city centre, a place where it would be all too likely that they'd bump into somebody they knew.

Cal, Cliff, Dan and Elliott all leaned forwards and looked at each other. What ensued was a back and forth discussion in Attili. "Well we can't go to the hiking trails, all the ones with good views are require a long trek to get there and the paths are too steep for a pregnant woman. The low ground ones aren't much fun and too close to the main motorway" was Cal's opener. "The only good low-ground mountain park is Gorge Park, but they've got an algal infestation at the main waterfall so that area is closed to visitors. No point in going there if you can't see the waterfall properly." Dan added. "Botanic gardens?" Elliott suggested. "Always liked those as a kid, and if my memories are correct, they'd be amazing to photograph or sketch." "No that won't work." Cliff shook her head. "They've got some really exotic plants there- we have no idea how human or phoenix physiology would react to these kinds of species, so best not to risk it. Again, I don't want any of us to end up in hospital today." "Fair enough." Elliott nodded. The group fell silent for a few moments until Dan suggested "there's the arboretum just outside of town?" with a slight shrug. "That... could work actually." Cal replied with a slight smile. "I haven't been there since I was...... in school probably." "The arboretum sounds good to me." Cliff replied with a slow nod of approval. "So it's decided?" A round of nods, then Cal turned and relayed their decision to the non-natives in the room.

Fia could see at first how the others weren't so sure on the idea, which was one reason why she felt she should elaborate her reasonings behind the idea which seemed to help bring the others around to such an idea. She could visibly see in their faces as she scanned all of their faces one at a time gazing around them all how their initial concerns washed over their expressions before it turned into warming up to the idea. She knew it was helping when Kay warmed to the idea and then Chas did also. The caution may have still been there but at least it wasn't an idea that was completely being shut down straight off the bat. She looked at Cliff, Cal, Elliott and Dan as they all leaned into toward each other, silently weighing up the suggestion before they began to speak in Attili amongst each other weighing up the options of areas they could go if they went with the idea. Of course, she didn't get everything that was being said but then again it wasn't much of a surprise to her as she was still learning Attili after all. Eventually it seemed that they did come to an agreement if the nods all round were anything to go by and when they recited what they came up with between them, she smiled glad that they really were going to go with her idea.

"Sounds good to me! I'm gonna go put on some fresh clothing and sort my hair out" she said, really suddenly feeling like she was wearing clothing she had been in for far too long. Getting up frm where she sat herself down, she headed back to the spare room she was using, grabbed some clean clothes and then made a beeline for the bathroom where she did a quick freshen up at the sink before getting dressed into the clean clothes she brought in with her and tidied up her hair by simply redoing her ponytail. She looked in the mirror at her reflection and sighed, wondering how the hell she was going to get a photo of Elliott without the damn disguise on, the scan wouldn't be as much of a problem as whatever disguise they used wouldn't alter his body shape too much, but it was the still photos that she wondered about more. Then an idea hit her and she smiled at he rreflection, "Fia Constantine-Hale you are a genius sometimes" she muttered to herself proudly, very rarely using her full name (she had a habit of ignoring the second part of her surname often) but in this moment she felt it was fine to do so. Grabbing her phone off the sink edge, she went through the way Rinaa showed her and opened up the scanning app, exiting the bathroom and walking back into the main room playing on her phone as if it was glitching up but she actually managed to get Elliott in shot fully and was scanning him.

John could understand a good chunk of what was being said in Attili, but unlike Fia it wasn't his lack of vocabulary was catching him out, it was the speed at which Dan, Elliott, Cal and Cliff were conversing. John could remember a younger Elliott making vague remarks on hos Attili was spoken much faster than English, particularly among family or close friends and colleagues. He did understand enough to become disheartened again. Every idea proposed was being shot down, and while the refusals were for valid reasons, it only cemented in his head that idea that they'd never get out of the flat any time in the near future. It was the pause after Dan suggested the arboretum that gave him hope. With the other three locations somebody had jumped in instantly with a problem, but for this one they had to rack their brains. He let out a relieved sigh when Cal announced, in English, that they had a plan. "Fan-bloody-tastic. I'm gonna get meself a clean shirt" he declared, pushing himself off the couch and heading towards the bedroom he and Kay had taken over, giving his aching neck a rub as he did so.

While those who needed or wanted to freshen up retreated to their respective rooms (Chas heading into the bathroom after Fia was finished with it) the discussion between Jay and Elliott turned to disguises. Elliott swapped out his t-shirt for a fresh one, but kept the jacket and trousers. The last disguise had been a very simple one, consisting of only three elements- Elliott switching his eyes to their natural gold, some facial make-up to disguise the scar and tying back his hair (as opposed to leaving it loose like Elliott normally did). The first two were obvious choices to use again, with Jay adding that she if given a little bit of time she could use make-up to outline Elliott's cheekbones differently to give the effect of him having a different cheekbone structure. Elliott was all for that, the only snagging point was what to do with his hair- Elliott arguing that a hat would be enough while Jay insisted they should use a wig.

This argument was cut short by Elliott's phone ringing, one look at the caller ID had him yelling for Cal and Cliff to come down. When Fia returned into the room all three were standing around the phone (which was on speaker). Conveniently Elliott wasn't standing shoulder to shoulder with anyone, so the scan would take in Elliott and Elliott only, just as Rinaa had wanted. The three paid little attention to what Fia's fiddling with her own device, their attention was on Dexter's voice coming from the phone. Dexter was doing the majority of the talking, Cal, Cliff and Elliott doing little more than making the occasional 'uh-huh', noise of understanding or a hiss of 'that doesn't sound good'. Elliott ended the call with a sigh "try get some sleep. Call us if things take a massive turn for the worst yeah?.... And tell Bec..." he paused, unsure of what message to pass on to his newly-discovered aunt. "That again, we're sorry it had to happen like this."

With it decided what was going to be the day's activity, Kay nodded perfectly content with the plan and knew it'd be great for her initial thought of sketching things that weren't fantasy based or the group for a change. Unlike Fia and John, Kay had changed into fresh clothes before she came out into the main room with everyone because she knew she could take her time without feeling too much pressure to get dressed quickly, which was far from an option for her now and she hated it greatly. She noted how John was still seeming to be massaging a tight muscle in his neck and knew if they weren't around everyone else she probably would have helped to try and loosen his neck a bit and help stop the ache. She was one of the very very few who didn't need to freshen up as she saw Chas head to the bathroom after Fia came out of it from down the corridor, whilst she remained sitting on the couch as Jay discussed with Elliott about disguises and how far both of them thought to go with it. She couldn't help but listen in on them both countering each other's opinions about whether a hat or wig would be a better option. It couldn't stop the small smirk from creeping on Kay's lips hearing it all, only for it to vanish from her lips as Elliott's phone started ringing.

WIth the phone call being made, Kay decided she would get her art stuff that was in her bag still from the room she and John shared together. Pushing herself off the couch, she got onto her feet and headed to the room whilst making sure not to bump into Fia and anyway else who walked through the corridor, seeing what she presumed was Fia having technical problems with her phones and thought nothing of it. Reaching the room, she walked inside and grabbed her bag off the floor with a small groan, partially opening it to check she had everything art related in there that she wanted which she did luckily, all because she was the typical artist that always had something to draw with and in on her at all times, no matter what.

In the main room, Fia kept secretly making sure the scan of Elliott was fully done before doing what she needed to to save it and send it over, then she took some sneaky full length photos of Elliott as requested and got them sent over as well as the conversation was had over the phone. She couldn't help but feel how convienent it was that they got the call right at the time she needed to be sneaky. Even though the call was on speaker for all who were around the phone to hear, Fia paid very little attention to what was being said, which considering she was playing the whole 'phone is playing up' game it wouldn't be all that suspicious for her to not know what was being talked about. She did notice Elliott's reactions however. She didn't say anything until the call was ended, putting her phone in her jacket pocket and stepping closer to people, perching on the arm rest of one of the couches. "what was that all about?" she asked.

John didn't waste too much time faffing around in the shared room. He really only was there for a spare shirt and to take a proper look at his neck in the small mirror on the side table. He had to angle his shirtless body and squat sin order to get a proper look at the side of his neck. The mirror was placed to help somebody with applying their make-up, not to stare at their neck The cricked side of his neck (the spot where he'd rested it against his fisted hand as he slept) was slightly red, but John knew from experience it was due to his repeated, slightly too aggressive rubbing of the spot and not something more nefarious. He'd slept in more than enough strange positions before- too-small couches, chairs, a bath, on rooftops, against a dumpster in alleyway to name a few- to recognise a pressure mark when he saw one. There was only two items John really wanted to take with him to this arboretum- his lighter and his box of cigarettes.

John was doing a good job of trying not to show it, but his body was crying out for the sweet calming release that polluting his lungs with tar and nicotine brought to him. It was his go-to coping method for almost all situations and at this stage it was such an integral part of his image that it was a certainty he'd continue the habit for vanity's sake. (A deal with the three crown princes of Hells had solved the problem of lung cancer, making it impossible for that to be what killed him). But the forces of Hells were sly bastards and would look for the loophole- the damage caused by inhalation of second hand smoke. John tried not to smoke around those people he liked, who he considered friends or family and only smoked indoors when alone, or when with somebody who also smoked. Ever since Kay's pregnancy had come to light he'd made a point of not smoking around her (hence the midnight walks and trips to the roof), having no idea whether second hand smoke could harm a phoenix fetus, but refusing to take the chance of it happening. If the events of yesterday didn't justify him finding a quiet spot, away from the others where the smoke wouldn't blow anywhere near them and the proceeding smoking his brains out for as long as it took to clam him down and ground him, then he really didn't want to know what the bloody blazes would have needed to happen to justify it.

The upload time for the photos and scan files was surprisingly quick. Rinaa hadn't been kidding when she said these apps had been souped up. It was barely a minute after the final file uploaded that a reply came through, brief and to the point, but a reply none the less.
Max
me
Fia has sent a file scanfile7.docx
me
Fia has sent a file Ell1.jpg
me
Fia has sent a file Ell2.jpg
me
Fia has sent a file Ell3.jpg
them
received, well done
Elliott ran a hand over his face and up through his hair before answering Fia's question. "It's best to wait until everybody's here I think."

Kay could see John checking his neck in the mirror that she had used for her make up when she could be bothered to actually apply it. Ever since she became pregnant she found herself caring less and less to actually put on her basic foundation and lipstick which deep down did surprise her as she always found that to feel as normal as she could and as less like a homeless woman, she always took pride in her appearance. Luckily, she never found herself looking awful without makeup and actually embraced it. She walked over to him, "Stiff neck?" she asked, knowing that it was no doubt exactly that, but she wanted to approach in a way that didn't come across as being nosey or overbearing either. She though know that she could help relieve the tension if he would let her, "I got a knack of easing it if you want me to?" she told him, offering to help but again, trying to keep herself from sounding intrusive. She also knew deep down even without seeing the signs that John would no doubt want to have a smoke at the nearest moment he could get, his bad habit never being forgotten by her in the slightest and always appreciated how considerate he was when it came to him smoking and not doing it around her. Not that she ever tell him that of course, not wanting to ruin this reputation he had built up for himself. That didn't mean though she really wouldn't blame him when they all got outside, that he'd no doubt step aside from everyone to have a smoke and bring that comfort it always brought him.

Feeling her phone buzz in her jacket pocket, Fia pulled it out and saw the message to say all the files that were needed from her were received and all good. It relieved her that she didn't need to try and take more as she closed the messages and put her phone in her pocket again, looking up at Elliott as he replied to her question. "Okay, makes sense" she replied to him, feeling bad for him that whatever it was it was clearly getting to him to some extent, that it was clearly something substantial to make him react the way he was. She always hated it when things frustrated her family, especially Elliott as in her timeline he was always the calm and collected one in comparison to others and was the one that was there for everyone else, particularly her, and very rarely needed someone for him. So when she did see him in usch a manner, it upset her a little deep inside, but she never let it show on the outside. Instead she looked toward the hallway and wondered how much longer everyone else was going to be, then back down at her feet before looking back up at the group that were in the living room casually, before getting up and giving Elliott a quick one armed side hug. "Whatever it is, we'll be okay and figure out a solution" she tried to reassure her brother.

Kay's question didn't catch John by surprise, he'd noticed the brief looks she given him earlier whenever he started rubbing at his neck. Given that she'd been beside him when he fell asleep, it only took a tiny bit of common sense to add the two things together and come up wit the the right answer. "Yeah.." he admitted with a slight nod of his head. Kay's offer of help, which came just as he was reaching for his shirt did catch him by surprise. It was clear in his eyes for a few moments that he was seriously considering saying 'yes, work your magic and get rid of this bloody pain' but the answer he actually gave was a refusal. "I'm not really into having people's hands on me neck- reminds me too much of being strangled. Anywhere else on my body and you woulda had yerself a deal." He replied with a typical smirk, his tone making the very unsubtle second message of his words shone through loud and clear- any other time and I would not be objecting to having your hands on my body.

But the outer words, delivered with a cocky smirk were a bare-faced lie. Sure he had been strangled before, but it hadn't left such a lasting, traumatic impression on him that he went off all people touching his neck. The real reason was the jagged scar running down one side. Usually the folded upwards lapels of the trenchcoat concealed the mark. It had been caused by his father during one of his alcoholic rages, a beer bottle had been thrown at young John's head and hit him, a shard splitting open his neck. With Cheryl out for the night and thus unable to preform her usual duty of patching her younger brother up, it had been up to John to remove the glass, clean the wound and sew it up. Piercing his own flesh with a sewing needle had been excruciatingly painful and the sight in the mirror of the needle moving in and out of his flesh had him vomiting and retching. John, pushed those thoughts from his head and pulled on the shirt and began buttoning it up. "We should be gettin' back to the others, it's gone silent in there, which is rarely a good omen."

Elliott returned Fia's half hug with one of his own. It made a change to have somebody around who was so tactile with their affection. John for all his good points as Elliott's father, blew hot and cold when it came to simple, reassuring touches or spontaneous hugging and with Jay it was like dealing with a wild alley cat, some rare times she'd lean into the touch, other times she'd retreat hissing and spitting. It was why he enjoyed being around Trish and Gemma so much, John's niece and Chas' daughter were much more huggy people. "Yeah, I know we'll get through it, it was just a shock to hear it, that's all."

Kay didn't intend to have her glanced of slight concern toward John noticble by him, but she didn't necessarily care that they were. She wasn't the kind of woman who wasn't going to notice when someone she cared about was in discomfort or pain, whether it be physically or mentally. It came with being a pretty damn good observer growing up. She saw how her question took him by slight surprise and she could see in his eyes how he was really weighing up the idea of accepting her offer, but still came to the decision to decline the offer with an answer that she could totally understand. She smirked at his choice of words, getting the far from subtle unspoken words, "its fine, I get it." she replied to him, even if it was a huge lie for his reasons, she accepted his reasons and what he was comfortable with letting her know. She wasn't the kind of person who would demand a better answer unless it really was obviously a bad lie being said to her, but in the case of this and with John, she knew to give him time to tell her what he felt comfortable with telling her, when he felt comfortable with letting her know. Just as he had never pushed her to tell him everything unless it was really necessary. It was a common ground they had with each other a d she really appreciated that, especially as the last time she was in this sort of position with someone, was with Sam and she would never let it drop until Kay told the truth which was tiring to go through.

At his next remark about probably heading back out into the main room she nodded, noting how it did seem quieter than normal. "yeah you're probably right" she smiled, slinging her bag onto her back, glad it was a satchel style backpack. She then walked out of the room, and saw the others gathered around and Fia hugging up into Elliott which made her want to smile a bit but also wondered what was going on to make her do such an action. "what's caused the long faces?" she asked, a little concerned about what could have happened in such a short amount of time.

Fia nodded at Elliott's words, but as he hugged her back, she leaned into his side, keeping her arm round him as she always favoured her brother's hugs after her father's. John's hugs were only up to in her top 3 favourite hugs because they were rare and so when she got one from him, she revelled in them and so favoured them out of every one of her family's hugs. She was going to reply to him when she turned her head at the sound of Kay and John coming back and Kay asking what had got them looking more somber. She could tell however that despite her wording, Kay was concerned about the group. "they got a phone call, been waiting for you guys to come back before discussing it" she replied.

As John entered the main room he took one look at Elliott and knew things were not right. Cal was wearing a similar look of melancholy disbelief while the only word he could think of that described Cliff's expression was 'shellshocked'. "Oh Ell, what's happened now?" he asked, making his way to Elliott's other side and wrapping an arm around Elliott's shoulder. Elliott leaned into the hug, in this moment what he needed more than the comfort of his 'adopted' sister. was the comfort of his father. Cal was the one who began the explanation, knowing that her brother wasn't really in a fit state to talk about it. "Dexter called from the black site with a.... what's the English phrase for?" she said something in Attili. Elliott replied softly with "a mixed bag would be closest I think?"

"A mixed bag."
Cal tested out the phrase, the syllables unfamiliar in her mouth. "Only one of the assassins is talking. The one from the building site has said nothing so far, no taunting or spitting insults." "In other words, they're a pro working on a private contract. You don't get any kind of reputation if you turn on a client at the first push." Jay interjected. Cal shot Jay a look of 'let me finish', annoyance creeping onto her face. Jay gave a nod and leaned back against the couch. "The snake shifter one from the hospital on the other hand is starting to talk, they're not making it easy, but they are talking." "Which makes sense. The snake shifter is more mercenary than assassin- the lack of proper preparation and the unsubtle nature of bringing a gun into a hospital are proof of that. Mercs are generally less loyal and more easily flipped because they work for money and on open contracts where they have to compete for the pay-out. The setter of a publci contract doesn't care who does it, so long as it gets done."

"The good news, and I think for once we CAN consider this good news."
Cliff shot a look specifically at John, her narrowed eyes and set jaw managing to clearly convey that if he disagreed with her, he should damn well keep it to himself as what she was about to say had really hit Elliott hard. "Zan's still alive, there was apparently a bit of a scare after they initially transferred him, it looked like he was going to go into cardiac arrest- heart rate and blood-oxygen saturation plunged, brainwaves dipped, all the classic signs- but they managed to intervene in time. They've decided to postpone the transfer from oxygen tank to letting him breathe on his own for at least 24 hours until they can be certain he's in one piece. A wise decision in my opinion." She paused. "The not so good news...... is that... well.... they've had to sedate Bec."

Even though John came round to Elliott's other side and Elliott leaned into his father, Fia didn't fully let go of him. She let him lean away from her to be on John, but she still kept her arm round him to give her own support, even though it was comfort from John that he wanted more right now. They were family and she would never just walk away from family when it was clear they needed comfort and support. It's just who she was and she had no plans on ever changing. Both her and Kay listened to Cal begin the explanation of what had put a dampener on everyone's mood that was already low as it was, taking in everything that was being said, particularly when the phrase 'mixed bag' came up. As Jay interrupted Cal with her own little tibbit of information about the assassin, both of them noted how Cal wasn't best pleased by the added comments, judging by the stern glare she gave the other woman before continuing on.

They both continued listening, glad that the interrogators at the black site were getting the shifter to talk, even if it was early stages with them, it was a start nonetheless. They then looked back at Jay when she said how that bit of news made sense due to who the shifter was and why he even took the job to try and kill Zan in the first place. As Cliff began to speak, their eyes then turned to her and saw the warning look she gave John when she said there was good news to be had, despite everything else that had been told to them. Hearing that Zan was still alive despite the short problem they had come up, both Kay and Fia were actually glad to hear Zan had pulled through, even though he was being kept on the oxygen tank for a while more. They hoped for Elliott's sake that Zan would continue to pull through and do well when Cliff added that Bec had to be sedated. "What? Why?" Kay asked, surprise evident in her tone. No wonder Elliott and everyone looked like they had the air taken out of their lungs she thought.

"Is she going to be okay?" Fia asked.

As annoying as Jay's interruptions were to Cal, they did serve a useful purpose for the rest of the room, adding a depth of explanation that Dexter hadn't been able to provide. jay knew when she spoke up for the second time she was really toeing the line between getting away with it and being the kind of know-it-all that would only piss-off Cal further, but she spoke up anyway. Her knowledge of the life, loyalties and habits of both assassins and mercenaries came from her own life experiences. She was primarily and Isogrii assassin but there had been a period of about a year or so where she'd become a mercenary for hire. Having lived both lives she considered herself the expert in the room.

When Cliff's gaze singled him out John just knew that the good news was about Zan. Had it been the John from a week ago, the John who knew nothing about Zan's past in witness protection, the dodgy way in which he was 'recruited' into becoming a spook, the brainwashing and the frankly terrifying amount of his life he had devoted to gathering together every shred of information that could possibly bring down the Attilian government he would have been ranting and raving about how it would be better for everybody if Zan just died. But the John of now had different, more complicated feelings towards Elliott and Cal's birth father. He didn't wish him dead, John was now actively hoping the man pulled through so he could ask the question burning in his mind- why did you take a bullet for Elliott?, or to put it more crudely; did you throw yourself in front of that bullet because you're suicidal or because you still care about Elliott. Regardless of the answer, John owed the man a 'thank you' at the very least, he owed this man a life debt and John hated to owe people anything (he'd rather it be the other way around).

The news that Bec had been sedated hit John and Chas like a ten-ton truck, John's jaw dropped slightly, while Chas stood there, physically unable to compute the words that had just been said to him. "I'm sorry, but what?" Chas looked incredulously at Cliff. "I must have heard that wrong. Did you just say Bec's been sedated?" As he spoke the incredulity in his tone audibly grew. "Unfortunately" Cliff sighed "you heard right. And yes Fia, she is going to be okay." There was an audible sigh of relief from the room. Bec had proved herself in combat, what she lacked in finesse with using her magic, she made up for with information about snake-shifters and their weaknesses. "It seems what happened is that those three straight days of travel combined with the stresses of; thinking her brother was dead, finding out he was alive, only for him to be attacked, then having to fight for her life and his proved too much to cope with- not to mention that she was seriously dehydrated at the time and hadn't eaten properly either. The sight of seeing her brother plummet right to the brink of death before being brought back proved too much for her to cope with. She lost control of her magic, weak as her affinity is, she still managed to cause damage, so they sedated her before she could harm anyone else. She's currently unconscious and on a selection of drips, but there doesn't seem to be any lasting damage."

As Kay had said her question to the bombshell news about Bec, she was aware that Chas was asking the same question, her own fading out amongst everyone's reactions, all of their faces seeming to mimic each other as it shook them all hearing Bec having to be sedated. Of all the news Cal and Cliff were giving them, that was not something Kay or Fia were expecting, let alone John and Chas. Neither at first could try and comprehend a single thing that would have make Bec need that kind of treatment because the news was just utterly baffling them. When Cliff confirmed that Bec would be okay at Fia's query about her wellbeing, Fia openly sighed with relief at the bit of positive news from that shock. She knew now why Elliott and Cal looked so shocked and flabberghasted when Elliott hung up the phone call. She and Kay listened as Cliff explained how it came to needing to sedating Bec, now realising how it could have happened.

It suddenly made sense that the grief, exhaustion, dehydration, anxiety of having her brother going into cardiac arrest and over use of her lower level powers would cause Bec a lot of problems and cause her to be a danger to herself and to others. Hearing the reasons for it also made Kay and Fia think how it was definitely the right choice and neither were medical experts in any way, but even they could see how it was the best course of action. "that's something then. I'm glad she'll be okay. It's not really surprising I guess that it all got too much for her and Zan's sudden but temporary drop in recovery would have been the trigger for all that" Kay commented, knowing that no doubt, with the sedation, the drips and rest Bec will be back on her feet in no time. Fia nodded in agreement, "the body, no matter who or what you are can only take so much after all" she added, subconsciously giving her brother a gentle reassuring rub on his back as she spoke. Despite him needing their dad more, she still wanted to be there for him and she was still going on what she was used to in her timeline. Of course, there were times when she'd keep back if it really was a case of the men needing to be alone, but other times she'd come along, particularly when she was younger, climb up on the couch and curl up next to Elliott's other side and hug him declaring that her hugs will help heal him in her innocent childlike way. As she grew up, it kind of stuck to some extent, but then when she needed him, she knew she didn't need to be afraid to go to him and do the same for his comfort.

John visibly grimaced as Cliff explained in full detail why exactly Bec had been sedated. Hearing everything the woman had been through in the space of the past four days laid out so bluntly he couldn't help but think "thank the bloody gods all that shit wasn't happening to me'. It was the part about Bec losing control over what magic she had that really got to John- he'd seen the damage that out of control magic could do and, since magic was often linked to the emotions of the user, he could visualise all too easily how the cocktail of negative emotions and fear in Bec would have fuelled her magic, morphing it into an out of control monster. In an ironic way the people of the black site had been lucky that Bec's magical affinity was so weak, if she was a stronger mage..... well John really didn't want to imagine that. (The images that came to mind were of one particular time in Mexico when he'd let himself be possessed by a demon in order to survive and had come back to consciousness surrounded by dead bodies, blood on his hands, his clothes and bits of flesh between his teeth).

"Sounds like life is doin' it's best to heap as much shit on her as possible and kick 'er in the bollocks while she's down. What a crap state of affairs that is" replied, the relief and gladness that it wasn't happening to him clearly written all over his face. Seeing the disapproving scowl Elliott gave him he added hastily "but good to hear she's alive." Chas on the other hand was far more sympathetic from the offset. "That's awful, poor woman. I can't imagine what it would be like to see your sibling on the brink of death." And as an only child, the cabbie really couldn't. Cheryl was probably the closest person he had to a sister, but for some strange reason, he'd never labelled her as such, somehow 'very close friend from childhood' more aptly described their relationship than 'sibling-like'. "But at least it seems she'll be better soon."

Dan added his own comments in Attili, as did Jay, a genuine note of upset in the assassin's tone. From the little she'd seen of Bec- sleep deprived, jet-lagged and stressed- she like the woman, she spoke plainly and cut to the shit, a refreshing change from her brother who Jay felt never told the whole truth unless it was dragged out of him. "They're keeping her under observation, just in case, but it'll be late afternoon or evening by the time she comes round. Dexter's also decided to get some sleep, clearly he doesn't want to risk snapping like Bec did." "In other words, there's nothing to stop us proceeding with Fia's plan and getting out of this apartment."

Kay and Fia both agreed with John's words in a way, both got what he was getting at even if it was crudely put and clearly annoyed Elliott in the process, making John add to his words. Both couldn't deny that in such a short amount of time, Bec had been dealt an incredibly rough time but it was good that she was still alive and would pull through. Yet it was Chas' words that got them both visibly nodding in agreement whilst they agreed wholeheartedly at his words, more so than they did with John's. Unlike Chas, both of them could imagine what it must be like to be in Bec's shoes as both were siblings, even if it weren't byh blood. The roles of being a sister still held substantial weight to the both of them, which they took very seriously. Kay couldn't bare the thought of Sam being in danger, which was one of her reasons for making a run from Ethan when he was possessed by a demon and tried to kill her. She knew if she ran, and Sam didn't know her whereabouts then she stood more of a chance of living a normal life and not being caught up in the supernatural mythical shitshow that she herself was in. It was this thought that made Kay suddenly remember how little she had thought about Sam whilst on Attil and how much danger she would be coming back to no doubt when back on Earth. She had almost got complacent in some respects at how much safer she was here than on Earth, even if Elliott wasn't and it made her feel a pang of guilt over it. For all she knew, demons or the downworld could be going crazy trying to find her wondering how she could just disappear after they were on her trial for so long, and then look into hunting down Sam and that was something she did not want to get distracted with thinking.

Fia knew she would be devastated if she lost Elliott, that's why she was so determined to help Rinaa out to make this plan in getting Elliott free and safe, no matter the cost. She was quite literally content in doing whatever it takes to save her brother, knowing if she could time travel to save her mother, then she damn well would do what she could to save her brother. She knew if this plan didn't work out, she would become a version of herself that was even more toxic than the versions of Jay and company she saw and she didn't want to put any version of her through the reality of not living with Elliott in her life because Elliott may not know it here and now, but he was so vital to her and her growing up. She knew everyone already could see how much she admired him and looked up to him and that was not something she was willing to lose.

Both of them listened to everyone say their own thoughts and hopes she'll be okay before Cliff spoke again about how Bec will be in observation but she will be okay. It wasn't too much of a surprise that Deke had also decided to actually get some rest so he didn't fall into the same trap Bec did, both Kay and Fia nodding at her words, before looking at Elliott and Fia smiling as he brought up her plan to get out of the apartment again. "It'll do us all some good!" she reiterated, in agreement with her big brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back