• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Rinaa's plans don't surprise Jay or Elliott, they'd quickly realised that one of the reasons Rinaa was so good at mechanics and building things was that she tended to channel her emotions into work projects using them as a way to distract her from everything going on around her. Music provided a similar outlet, but that required privacy away from prying family ears. Leah did the same thing in Fia's timeline. "Yeah, I know. I'd better get a bloody sainthood or somethin' for all the crap I've put up with." Chas sighed,to which John nodded in agreement. Chas' impending sainthood was a running joke between the two. "Using the might invested in me by St Chas, patron of long suffering taxi drivers I banish you from this plane back to the deepest circle of Hell." John smirked, mocking up the hand positions he'd use for such a smiting ritual.

"That actually has a ring of sorts to it. Cabbies need a Saint and you'd do a damn fine job." Elliott agreed, as Jay smirked with laughter at John's antics, her silver eyes dancing in amusement as did Rinaa's which were a strange mix of green and grey. "Well it would be nice to be remembered for something, but for now staying alive seems to be an excellent plan." "I very much second that." "Yeah, well I'll be off, Jay, you know where I'll be if you need me." Rinaa replied, standing up and stretching the muscles in her back,heading towards the door. She had just crossed over the threshold whne she heard Fia's plans for the rest of the day. "For whatever its worth, the best spot is the roof of this house, it has the least interference from general stuff. You can either get up by the house stairs and out the attic window or the side ladder on the left." She called back, before properly leaving.

Fia also laughed at the whole Sainthood conversation. She had heard similar before in her time, and very much used to the amusing banter that went on between the two of them. She agreed with Elliott that it did actually some a weird ring to it, and she knew if Kay areas awake, she very much would have found it funny as well. She glanced up when Rinaa declared her exit, something she was used to in her time also with her Leah. When she called back about the best spot to use, she just nodded, "cheers" she said back, despite Rinaa having left already.

She figured she'd probably use the side ladder outside the house to get to the roof as she did need to go back for her violin first. She also wanted to grab her portable charger as she figured she would end up needing it as she hadn't charged her phone for a while. "Right, anyone need anything from The House because I'm gonna grab my violin and portable charger" she said, getting up onto her feet, putting her book on the table. She also figured whilst Kay was asleep it'd be as good a time as any to do it, especially now the others were awake and nearby if Kay did end up having any other bad dreams.

At Fia's offer Chas put on a mock thinking face before smiling and saying "well if you can find a sainthood, a knighthood and a holiday filled only with normal people problems, not necessarily in that order while you're over there?" Elliott and John chuckled at that remark, it was funny, and a brought up their moods a good but after everything they'd just heard. "What would you even do with a knighthood mate?" "Nothing really, it just sounds and looks good. Might as well aim high and see what happens." "Well at least now we know what to get you for your next birthday Chas." Elliott grinne, knowing that more than likely none of them would materialise.

"In other words kiddo, we're good." John directed the remark at Fia. He and Chas were the only ones in the room actually staying in The House and Fia didn't know which boats the others were on. Jay turned towards the four, swivelling into a more normal sitting position. "So what did Rinaa say?" She asked, the question directed more at Elliott than John and Chas, but the steel in her tone made it quite clear that she would find out what had been said, that this was her daughter too."And don't say nothing, if it was nothing she wouldn't have been in there for over an hour." "In her timeline she and a meta-human breacher did some intensive looking into the future. Rinaa told us what she knows of her timeline, an outline of what happens in her timeline, from my death and the crap that ensues after that, to the end of the world, seven years after she kills herself." Elliott sighed, knowing that the best way was to just let Jay quiz him on everything, rather than attempting to explain everything. She knew how to extract information, police interrogation style.

"Kills herself how?" "Lethal injection, chemicals from the lab she works at, you were the only family member there with her friends when she died, everybody got a 'last note' text, by which point it was too late to stop her. Though her other plan was to slit her wrists on John's coffee table, so all the extended family would walk in on her dead body, a final middle finger to the world kinda thing." Elliott sighed, hearing the last part hadn't been easy on any of them. Elliott suspected that the suicide in John's apartment was intended more as a message for Fia and Kay than the rest of them. "Why didn't she do that?" "She wanted her friends to have a chance to say goodbye, wanted to die somewhere she felt comfortable."

Fia looked at Chas when he put on the mock thought expression and came out with what he did. She knew in that split second she could retort with one of two ways. Snarky or play along to play him at his own little game. She was going to choose the latter when Elliott went and beat her to it. So she resorted to just simply smirking and rolling her eyes before nodding at John's final comment. "Okay, be right back" she told them all before exiting the house just as Jay and Elliott started talking about what Rinaa said in the MindWalk. She was glad she didn't stick around for that conversation as it was enough for to hear about Kay's dream and information.

During the walk back she found herself thinking over some more about what was talked about, and how Kay hugged her. It just felt like her coming back in time was to be proving a wasted effort as whatever she did to save her mother, something else was coming for her. Yet then there was the hug, and it wasn't like any hug she had ever had from Kay before, which got her pondering, was she keeping something back from her? Shaking her head of the thoughts, she walked into The House, "just picking up my violin House!" She called out, a habit she sometimes did. Every now and then she'd greet The House in some way, she had no idea why she did, she just did. She ran up the stairs to her room and grabbed her violin before heading back out.

Jay considered what Elliott was saying, it gave a glimpse into the inner workings of their kid's mind, and she wasn't sure she liked what she saw. Somebody using their death to make a statement was something Jay had seen before and she knew it was an emotionally powerful way to convey a message. She couldnt begin to imagine what kind of thoughts would be created when John and co walked through the door of his apartment to find a dead teenager on the coffee table, staining the floor with her own blood. It wouldn't be easily forgotten and it would be unavoidable. But the fact that she chose the second option just further emphasised that Rinaa's friends had been better to her than her so called family. Though telling all the other family members that weren't Jay by text was cold. "I genuinely don't know if that's just sadistic or if there's some kind of sick genius to doing that."

"Yeah, I don't think there's any right way to feel about all that." "It's powerful, I'd give her that much."
John agreed while Chas just shook his head at how badly things had gone in that timeline. "So where does the end of the world fit into all this?" Jay asked, pushing her emotions aside, eyes hardening as she focused purely on the information being given. And there was a lot of it to digest. Rinaa had extensive knowledge of the political, social, technological and economic side of the war, explaining that since she worked for a scientific research and development lab she just had to know it as a pre-requisite. She also knew extensive family history related to Elliott's body and the diplomatic incidents that insured afterwards. Elliott took on the bulk of the answering with Chas adding in wherever Elliott forgot a detail and John giving his opinion. Discussing what they'd learned sort of helped, but it didn't change the fact that none of them were comfortable with knowing it.

Fia closed the door to The House and headed back toward Cliff's with her violin and bow in hand, and charger connected to her phone in her pocket. She also thought about one day before they left this planet about asking Cliff to go shooting with her so she could use the other part of her violin and to just have a friendly competition with Cliff. She loved doing it in her timeline, so she figured why not do it here also. She eventually got back to the house and instead of just walking into the living room like she normally would have done, she looked for the side ladder and climbed up it, situating herself onto the roof.

She sat down in the middle of it, cross legged, pulling her phone out of her pocket to find her recording app which she always used. Finding it she out her phone down in front of her and places her violin snugly under her chin and just off her shoulder. Clicking the record button on her phone, she began playing the piece she was working on. A piece that wasn't as haunting as the last piece she played in front of Chas, but there was still something about it. It had a mix of joy but sadness to it along with an essence of being surreal. Like how she always was, she rapidly got lost in her playing, eyes closed, and the view she had just seemed to fit so perfectly.

Kay eventually did wake up after the bulk of the other's conversation which was a good thing, as she no doubt would have hated to hear what was spoken about. With a slight groan, she lifted her head up, hearing it click three times as it had drooped to the side into her hand and now given herself a slight crick in the neck. When she finally properly opened her eyes, she saw who was still in the house and the absence of Fia, but it didn't take her long to hear Fia was indeed playing on the roof.

The roof gave a view out and over the harbour and nearby bays as well as back towards parts of the forest. In the distance what looked like a group of specks in the water was actually Cal, Cliff's siblings and Rinaa swimming around and diving to anchor the pontoons in place. The gills meant they could stay down indefinitely while working. Rinaa didn't have gills, but her lung capacity was pretty impressive none the less. Directing from above were Moya and Cliff, who was using her cyrokinesis to fly. As Fia played the pontoons took shape, forming an orderly pattern of docking arms, extending out around the bay.

From their seats indoors the four could hear Fia playing, the melody floating down easily from the roof. There was no denying her talent, this being the first time Jay had heard her play. They fell silent for a couple of minutes to listen, but soon resumed talking. "So why was there a post mortem required?" "To check Ell hadn't faked his own death I'd say, didn't think to ask her at the time, so I can't be sure." Chas replied with a shrug, not having the energy to be anooyed with himself for not picking up on that point when Rinaa said it. "Which means if it comes to faking Ell's death, we have to make it believable enough that it gets passed off as genuine." "Well, I do know a forensic pathologist who might be able to do just that." Jay answered, she would have said more, but realised that Kay was waking up. "Fia's on the roof, if it wasn't already obvious."

Fia like always, didn't care that anyone would be able to hear her. She just enjoyed being able to play whilst every now and then glancing out at the harbour and seeing the others all working to the best of their abilities. She had to admit, it was very cool to see Cliff use her power to fly and she found it interesting how she did so. She always found it interesting how non winged people managed it when a plane or ship wasn't involved. She eventually stopped playing and presses stop on the recording app, so she could play it back and hear it as anyone else would hear her play.

As Kay was waking she could hear their voices talking about Elliott's death in what she presumed was Rinaa's timeline and Chas' dream. She properly came to to Fia's music playing and nodded when John confirmed that the music was indeed Fia. "Yeah, I guessed" Kay replied with a yawn. "So what have I missed?" She asked looking amongst the lot of them, curious if the answer and a bit concerned about the answer at the same time.

The four looked at each other, deciding purely through looks who'd go first at talking. "Well the earlier theory was correct. The book is letting me see various future timelines. Normally it wouldn't be seeping into my dreams, but since the divergence point is approaching, the protection is weakening, allowing my unconscious mind access to the knowledge of all the timelines. Rinaa took a look and confirmed that maybe a tenth? A twelvth?" Chas shrugged, uncertain of what the exact amount was, but wanted to drive home the point that Rinaa's timeline fragments were only a small part of what he'd seen. "Were glimpses of images she could say with one hundred percent certainty came from her timeline."

"Which led to her giving a run down of the basic events in her timeline, starting with my death and its effects and going up until the end of the world, for both Earth and Attil." "And both civilisations end at the same time, which is about seven years after she dies, so twenty five or so years from now." "It's pretty grim from the start, but things just get gradually get worse, particularly in the final years. Like death, destruction and full scale war bad." "The upside is that, given the sheer number of flashes I saw that Rinaa couldn't identify as being from her timeline, there's hope it wouldn't go that way and instead onto one of the other timelines instead." Chas finished on the only hopeful note he'd taken out of the whole experience.

Kay saw them all look between each other in that usual 'who should talk first' manner, and she was getting very close to saying 'just spit it out' when Chas finally spoke up and gave a condensed version of what she missed whilst asleep. She then listened as Elliott gave more information and it was then that she started to regret even asking. Listening to John say it was only roughly twenty five years from now five or take, she nodded and found herself slightly scoffing at the use 'grim' for the information. The scoff conveying her reaction of 'understatement'.

Then came the only upside out of it all and as per usual it came out of Chas' mouth and none of the others. "Seems like yet again we all got is hope to go on" she remarked, not really sure what else she could possibly say about any of what she was told. "Because at this point, all I'm getting is any timeline is better than that of Rinaa's and I mean that in as a kind a way as possible" she said, not meaning it in an offensive manner, but realised it came out in quite a harsh way.

Had Rinaa been there she wouldn't have taken offense to Kay not wanting her timeline to be the one what won out. Rinaa's dislike of her own timeline wasn't a secret, a fact that Jay had picked up on. "That's what it seems like to me too, none of the others are a piece of cake either I'd say, but they really couldn't be worse than what they've been relaying to me. And besides" Jay shrugged, pushing a loose bit of hair back behind her ear"it's damn obvious she doesn't like her own timeline, she came here to get away from it after all. I really doubt she'd take any offence to that thought....besides the usual unwillingness to take anything." "Exactly like you did back when you first got involved with A.J's crew." Elliott retorted, Rinaa had inherited Jay's skills for deliberately antagonising and holding grudges for very long times (which included refusing to deal with anything certain people said). "Well I did warn you lot."

"Out of all the fragments I've seen, the ones from Rinaa's timeline are easily the worst, so I'd agree with you on that. You really couldn't make up the stuff she told us, and even showed the memories to back it up. Her timeline just seems to be one downwards spiral." "The others of looked normal enough, by my standards." " Which aren't those of a typical human." "But still, there may have been a lot of demon fighting, vigilantes and an inordinate amount of coffee cups in one particular snippet." "Yeah that was weird, maybe one of us sets up a coffee business of something." "But either way they don't have interplanetary war, which makes them good in my books."

Last edited:
Kay nodded at Jay's reply, hearing how they agreed with her thought about the timelines. She knew Jay had a point about Rinaa clearly not liking her timeline. She then listened to Chas, and she found nothing could really make her second guess what was said to her anymore. She hadn't been 100% in John's world for THAT long, but she had been in it long enough to know with this group that what was said was probably true. As it all went on, she didn't really have much else to say, but she did raise her eyebrow at the mention of one having an insane amount of coffee cups scattered around.
"Just another day in our lives then" she smirked.

Fia was done listening to her recording and she was getting happier with how her piece was coming along. She then picked up her violin and started playing once more, this time using her portable charger to prop up her phone and she decided to play a backing track that she had on it for playing something a bit more upbeat than before. It took all of her energy not to stand up and dance on the roof, as she didn't want to risk falling off and making an complete arse of herself. Yet it didn't take long before all her defences dropped and she stood up and started dancing on the spot to what she was playing. She just seemed to come alive, she didn't even realise her wings came into view mid dancing, seeming to just make her look all the more ethereal as she let go.

()

"Pretty much yeah." John agreed, his kind of weird and crazy shit came with the territory of his life and it was clear that Kay wasn't planning to back out anytime soon, just as Chas and Elliott were firmly a part of his life and the magical world, with no intention of going away. Jay was a wild card though, in Rinaa's timeline she'd upped and left them for four years after Elliott's death, without a word, but her presence was very much known, Jay had gone right back to her former mercenary/assassin lifestyle. "Well here's hoping things go the right way, Fia's living proof that it can go a different way." "And since we don't know when the divergence point is, all we can do is keep a level head and get through this one day at a time til we're back on Earth."

While Fia was still on the roof playing the others finished working on the pontoons and had been messing around in the water for a bit, which consisted of Moya and Cliff using their height to pelt the others with ice and snow balls. Cal very nearly retaliated with fire, but stopped remembering Rinaa's crippling fear of the stuff. That left them with no choice but to try and run for cover. Cliff relented her fire, while Moya switched tactics, flying right up, then folding her wings back into an aerodynamic bullet shape and diving, falcon-style, towards the others on the ground. Not only was she fast, but she was agile, snapping open her wings and soaring upwards a split second before she would have hit the others on the ground. The horseplay stopped as oon as they came within earshot of Fia's music, all assembling on the ground to listen. Most were wide eyed.

"She's.... well amazing doesn't really cover it, did any of you know she could play this well and dance at the same time?" Matteo asked, while Benji nudged Charlie smirking "puts your attempts at cello to shame eh?" "I know Benji, maybe my heart w as never in it, hers clearly is." "I knew but never really saw or heard properly before now." TThe only times Rinaa had herd Fia in her timeline were times she'd been accidentally eavesdropping or tyring to sneak into the apartment only to find Fia on the roof, firmly refusing to leave anytime soon. "We don't get along." Rinaa said by means of explanation. "It's in her, the race already have a musical connection, but one of her direct ancestors was worshipped for her musical talents. Fia's always been the better out of the two of us music wise, that's just the way it is." Her tone conveyed neither the jealousy nor the sadness she felt. Some battles weren't even worth starting, no matter how toxic ally competitive they were in everything else throughout their lives in Rinaa's timeline, music was one battle Rinaa didn't even bother to start. When Fia finished there was a round of applause from the crowd below, even Rinaa.

There was definitely no way Kay was going anywhere, that much was certain and solid. She wasn't going to up and leave John and the group and she knew it'd take something really major to pull her away from them. She always meant it when she called them her family and home and it was something she wouldn't ever retract. She nodded at Chas' words, knowing she always needed to remember that, that Fia was living proof there was a chance things that are better albeit not perfect could win out in the end, and hells know they deserve it. "I agree with that, pretty much lived my whole life with that motto" she replied after Elliott spoke about living each day as it comes.

Fia was aware of the lot of them messing around in the water but other than that she paid them no mind. She was loving her moment of being alone with her what she now considered her baby. Music just made her feel so alive and not lonely. She didn't even notice when they came out and got in earshot to the point of them just watching and talking about her. That was, until she finished playing the track, her breath slightly heavy but she was in shape enough to not get too out of breath from the little routine she made up on the spot, letting the music tell her feet what to do and convey. So when the round of applause came from down below from everyone, she just sailed and chuckled sheepishly, giving a little wave. "Oh..hey! Didn't know anyone was watching" she called down.

She always intended to let Matteo hear her stuff, but she supposed this now counted as it one level better than just listening through her phone. If she had heard what Matteo said earlier on, she probably would have blushed at it, as yes, she was confident in her playing but she was modest with it also. Despite what Rinaa said.

From her position on the ground, Rinaa could clearly see that Fia was totally immersed in her music and performance, a feeling she could relate to. Losing herself in music provided and escape from everything, pushing the big problems out of the way and refocusing her mind on something else. It was a cathartic experience in a way and it was evident (to Rinaa at least) that Fia was looking much better after the playing. The wings were out, but with no flames, there was no reason fro her to fear them. "One of the first rules of this place, there is really no privacy, even as a guest." Matteo called up before smirking and adding "also, it's doesn't help that the nearly all the best spots for music and performing here are in places where you can be seen and heard from quite a distance away!"

"Plus this island is filled with nosy people who would go to the opening of an envelope."
Cliff called up, having put in a pair of hearing aids as soon as she was out of the water. "Wellllllll.... that depends if there's free booze and food at the opening ceremony." Benji smirked, while Charlie just rolled her eyes. "You used to secretly open all our school reports just before we did to be an annoying shit about knowing what we got." She replied, to which Benji merely smirked not even bothering to deny it. "That's one of the perks of living and studying off world, you get to be the first to open results." "Totally agree. I always used to lie about when my medical exam results were out so I'd get a few days to digest them." Cliff chuckled. "WHAT? Seriously?" Benji gaped. "Yup."

After hearing the news she did from earlier, Fia definitely needed the escapism that playing gave her. She walked to the edge of the roof to hear them all better and smirked at Matteo's reply about her not realising she had viewers. "I see that, it don't bother me though." Fia chuckled back, not minding that they decided to watch in the slightest. She listened to what Cliff added and she had to chuckle at that, whilst she listened to Charlie and Benji join in on the chat.

As they were talking, she grabbed her phone and charger and used her wings to get off the roof and be on the ground with the rest of them. She made her wings vanish into her back rune, as she didn't even intend them to appear, she just found sometimes it did when she played, zoning out the world around her. It was then she could hear about the results chat much better. She was glad that her home schooling resulted in not getting such things in the mail and having them opened before she could access them. All she had to deal with was her Aunt telling Kay and John everything she was either excelling at or struggling with. "So glad I didn't have all that to deal with. Home schooling means everything just gets told to you" she smirked.

Now being on the ground, the design of her violin for those who hadn't seen would have been much more obvious, that the crossbow mechanism wasn't just for decoration, as she spun the violin's bow in her other hand, a habit she picked up doing a fair few years ago in her timeline.

The group stopped back instinctively as Fia came down to land, uncertain as to where exactly she would touch down. Moya was the only one who didn't step back, being able to tell from even a few second of Fia flying that the other girl was in complete control. "That's sounds like it could be better" Matteo answered, nodding in contemplation "but home schooling for us would mean spending even more time on the island than we already do. School at least gets us off the island and somewhere else." "Though if you think about it, we're more of half and half, academic stuff is through school, but life skills, hunting, fishing, riding, tracking etc are all home schooled." Benji replied, the others nodding. He did have a point, it was almost a fifty fifty split when it came to learning things. "Well that's what makes you guys so terrifyingly competent." Cal smirked, one arm around Cliff's shoulder. 'Terrifyingly competant' was a phrase she'd heard them called once, and ever since then had always used it.

The usual bickering followed Cal's statement, before the attention turned back to Fia, or more specifically the crossbow violin she was holding. All three siblings knew with a single glance that it was functional, so asking the question was redundant. "That's an impressive instrument indeed, wher exactly did you get it?" Matteo in his never ending quest to find a suitable instrument was now wondering if a violin crossbow would be the one for him. "You can't get a working one commercially Matteo, it's a custom build, made in Deke's lab back on Attil." Cliff told her brother, ruffling his wet hair in the process. "Didnt know Deke could make instruments on top of literally everything else that man can do." Benjiremarked, being the two mechanically minded people they got on like a house on fire and when allowed to work on something together it either turned out absaloutly amazing or a complete and utter (almost comedic) failure.

Fia listened to what Matteo said about her home schooling remark, which then lead to her listening to Benji and so on. It was highly entertaining to watch as it all unravelled and she could see where they were all coming from on the points made in between the bickering. Her attention went back to Matteo when he asked her where she got it from, she held it out to let him and anyone else who wanted to, to check it out as Cliff beat her to it on explaining that it was a custom build.

"What Cliff said, it's a custom build but not by Deke." She explained, glancing at Benji as he assumed it would be Deke who made it, which wasn't all that surprising to assume. "Artemis built it" she said, gesturing at Rinaa. "she saw the flaws in some of the design and helped me do it, and I always trust her opinions on all things mechanical" she explained better. They may not always get on but the violin cross is did show that they COULD work together when it came to it. "And it's beautiful to shoot as well as play. For something so light it's got some serious power behind it" she added.

All eys turned to Rinaa when Fia revealed her to be the creator. Their expressions were filled with a mixture of surprise, awe, curiosity and newfound respect. She was surprised that Fia had chosen to correct Benji on his assumptions, but that was one of the differences between her own timeline and the Fia in this one. "I didn't intend to make it" she shrugged, but the tone spoke volumes, she was proud of her work on the violin and had enjoyed making it."Didn't even know she was planning to do such a thing. It's pure fluke I got involved, just happened to come in and see the computer mock up which had a massive structural flaw, there was nowhere near enough supports and bracing in the midsection of the violin." Rinaa gestured ar the relevant section of the violin, highlighting the extensive supports both on the top side and bottom side."It would simply have crumpled up under the pressure and the elastic strain force when pulled back."

Benji in particular was looking at her with newfound respect. "What is it made out of? Some kind of lightweight metal alloy? I know that much." "Exactly that, it's an alloy quite similar to those used for spaceship hulls, but designed to be used by 3D printers. I know it works for crossbow, back at the lab I did a commission crossbow made out of that material. It was a gable for the violin, wasn't sure how it would affect the sound, but as Fia proved it plays beautifully." Which was probably as close as it would come to her directly stating how much she actually liked Fia smusic. "3D printed parts, sanded down, fused...no welded together, finished with some kind of lacquer, multiple coats for wear and tear. Impressive. I take it building instruments isn't your usual thing?" Benji asked, to which Rinaa shook her head.

"Nope, not all. I'm used to weapons, advanced gadgets, motorbikes, car mechanics, boat mechanics, spaceship mechanics that sort of thing. The violin was the first musical instrument I made actually." She answered, becoming more and more confident with each word she spoke, her eyes alight with a burning passion. " And before you ask, Deke has basically declared her your equal." Cliff smirked, to which Benji just rolled his eyes. " Artemis I have a feeling that you and I are gonna get on extremely well."

Fia always had the mindset of 'if someone did a good job on something then that person deserves the credit', Rinaa was no different in her eyes. She would never even think about allowing Rinaa go uncredited for the work on her beloved instrument. She let Rinaa take over the the conversation by explaining the structural mechanics behind it. She also had to do a discreet double take when she heard the compliment from Rinaa about her playing, feeling she entered a different reality, only to really acknowledge she did hear that correctly.

As the conversation continued, she just remained hanging around, letting anyone who wanted to inspect the violin closely do so. There was definitely no denying how proud she was of the instrument and how grateful to Rinaa she was for helping her actually make it and bring it to life. Even if they didn't see eye to eye on pretty much anything else, she just wished everything else could be as chilled between the two of them, but she accepted that that probably wouldn't ever happen. She smiled when Benji told Rinaa that they were easily going to get on really well, happy for Rinaa that she could have found someone else to get along with, and if she hadn't been able to get on with Matteo, she probably would have been jealous.

Fia's double take didn't go unnoticed by Rinaa, the words were genuine, but the teenager was all to aware of her general attitude towards Fia and that praise coming out of her mouth was a strange event. Leah was more likely to make some form of comment on Fia's music, while keeping her infuriatingly silent on her own musical abilities. Rinaa just grinned in response to Benji's remark, the wide, genuine, slightly crooked smile that was Leah's trademark expression when in a good mood. At the comment from Benji Nat groaned, running a hand down his face."Gods, there's two of them now." "It could be worse, at least they talk to each other and we won't have to listen to Benji droning on about warp drives or whatever."

"Thats still gonna happen little brother, its just there'll be two of us now."
Benji smirked over his shoulder as he headed into the house in search of something to drink. "You had to go and give him ideas didn't you?" Charlie addressed her little brother, but it was clear she meant no ill. "Yeah well, thinking before speaking is my speciality." Matteo agreed as the rest of the group trouped back into the house to get drinks. The dogs also materialised from wherever they'd spent the morning, promptly making a nuisance of themselves, Meyer making a beeline for Fia, while the largest dog, the alpha went straight for Rinaa and Moya. The third dog contented itself with Chas and John's company, both of whom liked dogs. "Dogs are probabaly due a proper walk, if anybody *cough cough* Fia is willing to volunteer."

Fia continued to find everything highly entertaining, it reminding her of her timeline's growing up years of her and Elliott when he was around. The banter was very similar in her eyes so it felt really 'homely' to hear it. She followed everyone else into the house and when Meyer made a beeline for her, she handed Kay her violin and bow before squatting down and ruffling her fur either side of her face. "hey girl" she greeted smiling. She looked up when the comment came up about taking the dogs for a walk and her name got dropped for doing it.

She chuckled and nodded, "yeah, I don't mind taking them for a walk" she replied, continuing to five Meyer all the fuss. She noticed how the third dog was between Chas and John whilst the alpha was with Rinaa and Moya, but it was the dog being with her dad and godfather that made her look more at the sight. Oh she definitely want to see how many times she could try and sneak Max into the apartment when she was back in her timeline and time, even though she knew John would no doubt know in no time flat she had snuck her furry friend in.

"I don't think you'll ever get Fia complaining. She's smitten with Meyer" Kay chuckled, seeing how her kid was being with the dog. She definitely seemed to be getting more attached with the dog as the days went on, she just hoped she wouldn't get too attached and then get upset about leaving them when they went back to Attil. Fia had to refrain from coming back with 'dogs are better than people most of the time' and so just rolled her eyes.

If Fia had snuck her dog into the apartment it wouldn't take John to figure it out. While his apartment was always on the wrong side of grotty and had been called a shithole many times by John, it was one of the first things he'd said about his place to Kay, John had an uncanny knack for knowing that something was off about it. It was rare that somebody could get away with hiding a stain and switching around things on the shelves. The only time it got oats him was when he was so tired he fell asleep within seconds of entering the flat, but as soon as he woke up, he instantly spot what was wrong.

The dog was particularly interested in Motas wings and jumped backwards with a start when Moya moved them slightly in order to scratch an itch on her right collarbone. The dog had never seen wings like hers before and poked them gingerly with their nose. "That's ticklish, and I'm trying so hard not to react, as my laughter skating wings will probably confuse the hell out of him." Moya told Rinaa while the other girl bent down to properly fondle it. "There's worse things than being smitten with these dogs." "She loves the attention, but she's clearly just as interested in Fia. Go have fun with them you two."
"Would you believe me if I said they missed you this morning?"
Matteo called over, before whistling for the dogs to come to him and gesturing for Fia to follow him. He didn't bother with leads this time, that had been espescially for the first time, a sort of test on Fia's dog handling abilities.

Fia decided that although it would take him no time flat to figure it out, she still wanted to do it as a sort of test. She also wanted future John to see just how much she loves the little dog and she wanted to give him a better life than living in an alleyway. She already had plans in place and in the making of making his alleyway home a bit less grotty looking. She'd already lied a couple of times about where certain items of clothing or sheets had gone when Kay asked where they went.

She noticed how the dog with Rinaa and Moya was curious about Moya's wings and she smiles, knowing exactly what Moya meant about wings being ticklish. Hers and Kay's were also ticklish, so the fact they could hide them and come across as human helped them to stop people going for them. Kay also chuckled about the ticklish wings comment, whilst keeping Fia's violin safe on her lap. She knew Fia wouldn't forgive her if it got damaged in any way. She then looked at John and nodded in agreement. "Very true" she replied.

Fia stood up when Meyer went to Matteo at his call, and followed on. "I could believe that" Fia replied with a smile, catching up with Matteo and the dogs. "Have fun" Kay said to her, making Fia give her a thumbs up as she left with Matteo.

Jay nodded in agreement at the ticklish wings comment "I can only imagine" while at the same time rubbing a knot of tense muscle in her shoulder, her fingers carefully working the stress out of it. Moya saw the reactions to the ticklish wings comment "Seriously though, it's all well and good when you can retract them completly, but these ones" Moya gestured at her own wings "have a ridiculous amount of nerve endings in them. I think there's one at the base of every feather. And dogs, as well as various other animals have this uncanny knack for sticking themselves right into a bunch of them. I got a rabbit stuck in them once." Jay raised a curious eyebrow at that."How did a rabbit get tangled up in your wings?" "A friend on mine had a litter....group? of them. I was crouching down to get a better look at them and one jumped into my wing and managed to get stuck in the long flight feathers."

"Seriously, they did"
Matteo replied, choosing a different way to the last time, heading in the direction of the back where they'd played soccer the day before. "I don't speak dog, but I've known enough animals in my life to get an understanding of what they want, and these guys were missing you, Meyer in particular, though that's probably cos you fuss over her the most." He gave an easy grin, shaking head slightly, his blond hair now completly dried and sticking up in strange directions as a result. "And by the way, I'm pretty sure your unintentional performance earlier left us all, family and none family members alike, questioning whether we actually possesed any musical talent between us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back