• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Chas shrugged at that, it was frustrating to have all this knowledge and be unable to put it to good use or even explain how it works. "I'd put my money on it being the latter. We know there's at least two possible versions of you in our future- you, and the one in Rinaa's timeline. But there could be even more timelines we don't know about, and if Rinaa inherited any of Jay's timeline abilities, she's the most likely to know. From what Rinaa's said, it seems that her Fia is vastly different and according to Jay, this version has a group of friends that can only be described as bullies. So to the best of my knowledge, the description fit you specifically. But we don't know how malleable time is, we hav eno idea when the timelines diverge exactly, only that it is almost certainly Elliott's death that causes it."

"But I wouldn't take this as law, like Kay said. The books already changed when you chose to come here, and when Rinaa chose to. Its not set in stone." He added, not to drag anybody's hopes down, but with time travel, things were tricky and complex. "Hopefully she gets something useful, her friend is a breacher, and they can see beyond time. So if he's gone to all this trouble, and their bond is that strong, then I'd say she's got some pile of information she has to process, and after that, will be as okay as she can be. All things considered."

Fia listened to what he had to say. If there was one person who she always listened to and accepted the words of, it was Chas. Sure, she did listen to her parents and brother, but if she ever wanted a proper answer or a mature theory about something, she went to Chas. When he mentioned there being possibly even more versions of Rinaa out there, it made her remember of all the other Rinaa's she saw in her mind, when they were trying to figure out which Rinaa's timeline Fia came from. "There's definitely more versions of us out there. When we both tried to see which timeline I belonged to, in comparison to Rinaa's, or Leah as I know her, we saw around 5 or 6 if I remember correctly. I know it was quite a few of them, including the one from my timeline. " Fia explained.

Kay didn't want Fia to get her hopes brought down either, but she also didn't want Fia to get her hopes so high up that she becomes disappointed further down the line. Bring reminded that in Rinaa's timeline Fia was part of a group of bullies didn't sit well with her either, and judging by Fia's face it didn't sit well with her either. All Fia ever wanted was friends, she didn't want to be involved with bullies however. "as long as a version wins out where I don't get involved in a group of assholes, I'll be okay. I know I'm desperate for friends but I don't wanna sink that low" she remarked, shaking those thoughts off and just focused on the topic at hand. "She's stronger than she realises, it's something to envy actually so I'm sure she'll cope with whatever is in that information" Fia replied.

To hear a confirmation that there were multiple versions of both Fia and Leah out there was intriguing Chas. He'd assumed that the situation would be binary, either Elliott died creating one timeline, or he lived and another was created. But the more he thought, the more it made sense. It could be anything that could cause a timeline divergence and create a whole different reality. "That's pretty fascinating to know there's more than just two options out there. And chances are there could be more than those you saw." It was something Chas was going spend a lot of thinking about, even just as hypothetical thought exercise. It was the kind of thing that was right up his alley for long hours of musing.

Chas nodded at Fia's comment about prefring to be friendless than with the wrong crowd. It showed something about what kind of person she was. And he had to agree on her other remark, Rinaa was incredibly strong, even if she hadn't coped with the diagnosis at first. But she'd pulled herself together, put herself through incarceration and who knows what else in order to see both her mother and her uncle, before taking the plunge and seeing her father for the first time. Reisiliant didn't do her justice, and he was also in awe of just what she had done to be where she was now. "She's definitely that alright. I just hope that it's not any more bad news, it's safe to say that's the last thing she'd need."

Fia knew it'd fascinate Chas the most to hear such news, as it did seem the kind of information that he'd be into hearing. She was glad that her assumption was indeed correct and he wasn't much different from the Chas she knew so well. "I don't doubt that possibility at all to be honest." Fia replied.

Seeing him nod to her comment about friends, she knew he took what she said with high regard. In the future she knew he was the type of person that judged someone's mindset and persona a lot on what they said and their opinions on matters. So she wouldn't dream of bullshitting Chas in this timeline or playing him for a fool. Fia was the type of girl who would stand up for the victims.of bullies, stepping in if she saw someone in trouble on the high street, even if she didn't know them. She doesn't care if they're of the animal kingdom or a person, she'd help anyone. So the idea of her being involved with a troublesome group just feels like utterly sickening to her.

"She definitely deserves a break on something in her life that's for sure. The poor girl has had more than her fair share of troubles and tribulations." Kay agreed. Even if Rinaa didn't know it, despite their rocky beginnings, Kay did admire Rinaa for her strength to carry on even through those days when she wanted to give up.

"Yeah, she does. Hells, we all do at this stage. But her most of all." They all had their problems, but it was fair to say (without fear of repercussion) that Rinaa's trumped all theirs easily. Dying of a terminal illness was something that any of their problems paled in comparison to. So what if they had all these problems in life? At least they knew they'd actually survive through them. Where as Rinaa barely even knew if she was going to survive to the next day. He couldn't imagine how terrifying it would be to live with the knowledge that you could simply keel over and die at any moment.

A ten-minute session of contemplation in the utility room/cupboard had done Rinaa the world of good in terms of organising her thoughts, digesting the new information and formulating a plan of action for what to do next. She emerged from the cupboard, laptop under one arm, a determined expression visible in the set of her eyes and jaw. Rinaa had leapt out of the hole of self pity she'd fallen into earlier and for the first time the classic determination and drive that all versions of Leah possesed had properly manifested itself. Re-entering the living room, she dropped the laptop onto the table before starting to search through the bags containing Jay's belongings. There was an obnoxiously large amount of weapons there, including the rifle that had been the first clue as to Rinaa's identity.

Neither Fia or Kay could deny what Chas said as true. Rinaa did deserve it more than anyone else in their group, no matter how much they all felt like they needed a break from whatever crap got thrown their way. It was nothing like wondering if you were going to wake up the next day or not like Rinaa had to deal with. Kay and Fia both looked up when Rinaa re emerged from the room she had holes herself up in, Fia recognising the determination in her look instantly and the most. "Everything all okay kiddo?" Kay asked Rinaa, as she watched her go through Jay's belongings, particularly noticing the insane amount of weaponry that Jay thought necessary to bring along with her.

Fia let Kay take the lead in asking Rinaa how she was holding up, and it was then she noticed Kay's little doodles she had been doing, leaning forward and grabbing them all to look through them. She couldn't help but smile at the all the portraits she had done. She still kept her attention on the conversation going on though.

Chas saw the change in the teenager, the look of fiery determination that he'd seen on John and Elliott on many occasions. Whatever had been found in the message had brought her out of her previous funk and got her focused onto something else entirely. "By my usual standards of life, there's a million and one things wrong. But right now I've just got that one thing that's put me in the right frame of mind to leap over the fucking moon, or in the case of this planet- rings." She replied, not looking up from her search, though her tone betrayed a total change of mood from earlier. She knew what it was that she was looking for, just not where exactly it was.

"I take it your theory was right then? You got something from your friend in the future?" Chas asked, leaning forwards to get a better angle at her. "Yup, I was right, a good few hours late, but I was right. I actually know what's going on and some other weird time travel stuff." She explained, before letting out a quiet exclamation of triumph. From Jay's bag she pulled out a dark wooden box, the lid engraved with either a feather, a knife or a combination of the two. Chas knew it instantly, it was the box that Jay kept her subdermal inks and syringes in. "Do I even want to know why you need that?" Rinaa shook her head. "Probably not, but all you do need to know is that what I lack in inherited gifts from Elliott, I make up with Jay's." She ran a hand over the box almost reverently. Jay's brother had made the box, he had some skill at wood carving, but that was only shown in the detailed carving on the lid, the rest of the box wa simple and functional.

Naturally Rinaa replied in a long winded manner, instead of the normal-ish 'yeah fine' or 'as fine as it can be' like anyone else she knew would reply with. She was glad though that she found something in that encrypted video that has given her some positivity to make her happy about something. She watched as she continued to watch what Rinaa was doing, just like Chas was, and by this point, Fia too. As the box came.out, she recognised it instantly from that one time Jay pulled it out to help give her, Elliott and John some vague information in The House after they went on a group mind walk in her mind to figure out her nightmare that caused her to nearly set fire to John's couch.

Fia also recognised it from her timeline, even if she didn't dare go near the contents of it personally, but she knew of it and what was inside. When Rinaa mentioned time travel stuff, Fia wondered if there anything she could help with or not, but didn't want to insert herself on Rinaa's private stuff at the same time unless she was needed. "So...I know what that all is, do you need any help with anything?" Fia asked.

The power thing made sense to Chas, Jay's talent was particularly rare, she'd stressed that both when they first met and again in The House. They had never found out exactly what it was that Jay had read in the runes on the wall and why she'd had such an aversion to it, but now, it could have been something to do with Rinaa, or maybe something hinting at her existance. With everything that had happened, it had simply slipped their minds to ask what it was she'd read. Rinaa internally debated the offer of help from Fia. As the only other time traveller, she really was the only one that Rinaa could explain it properly too. On the other hand, she didn't want Fia knowing what it was that she was actually here on Attil to do. She didn't need anybody trying to talk her out of it.

When she replied, she spoke with a slight smirk. "Well if you feel like making sure I don't fall off the roof while doing something ridiculously stupid, then yeah, feel free to help." The offer was an open one, unsure of if she would need help or not. "And before you ask why the roof, open space is just easier, I don't know how it'll go, but if it goes wrong, it's better to be out on the open on another building than destroying this lovely apartment." Rinaa flicked the box open, checking the colours of inks were the same as she remembered, and giving the syringes a quick once over glance before shutting it.

Fia could see Rinaa was debating how to answer her offer of help. She was half expecting her to decline straight up so when she left it as an open offer, Fia was internally surprised. "I can do that, if you do fall off a roof you got a personal lift to save your arse in me" she smirked, knowing she'd be able to grab Rinaa and just fly her back up if it really came to it. She'd prefer not to but if it was a case of saving Rinaa and possibly getting told off for using her phoenix ability or letting Rinaa just plummet and then get a massive bollocking from Jay and Elliott, resulting in a possible beating back into her own timeline? She'd take the former choice anyday.

Kay just nodded at Rinaa explaining why she preferred to do it on a roof without really giving any real categorical answers. She also trusted Fia to keep an eye on Rinaa and keep her safe despite them both being the same age. "Well, just stay safe.. both of you" Kay told them both. "We will, we're perfectly capable of remaining safe on our own or together" Fia commented back with a smirk. "And enough of the snark thank you Missy" Kay retorted back.

If she did fall off the building being rescued by Fia was inevitable, but not something she'd be able to deal with easily, and not because it was Fia, but because of what her wings were made of. Her brain tended to shut off when fire came into the equation, animal instinct taking over (quite literally). "Wouldn't be the worst way to be rescued from a fall" Rinaa lied. For her it would trump any of the bad rescues she'd been a part of in her life so far. At Kay's remark she just rolled her eyes. "Like Jay always says" she folded up with a phrase in Jay's native tongue, a language that suited her speech and body language far more than English. (Just like with Elliott and Attili it was just a more comfortable fit). Seeing the look of confusion on Chas' face she added. "It translates to safe is subjective."

She then made her way to the balcony, grabbing the shoulder bag she'd concealed her notebook in as she went by. With one hand and a running jump she swung herself up and onto the roof, landing in an iron man style pose one arm straight out behind her back, her body in a crouch as if to run. She straightened up and cast a glance at the surrounding buildings, sizing them up, before focusing her attention on a flat roofed one to the left. The roof of Cal's apartment block was on a slightly higher level but the gap between the two was at least three metres.

Fia could tell Rinaa was lying when she said that, knowing that because Fia's element was indeed fire, Rinaa would hate the idea of being saved by her for that sole reason. Yet she didn't call her out on it, just thinking it was better she was saved by Fia than being a splattered mess on the floor in manner. Of course, Fia didn't really think Rinaa would literally be a splattered mess, it was just how her brain worked in making comparisons. She also wondered what Rinaa said in Atilli, as did Kay, so when she explained, it all made sense.

Kay rolled her own eyes at the response from Rinaa. Even if it was subjective, she didn't want to have to explain with the help of Chas as to why those two were hurt or worse whilst the others were gone. Not to mention being an upcoming parent (and Chas being an actual parent) she felt like she had a right to say something maternal. "You know what I'm meaning you two!" Kay said as they walked away. Fia followed Rinaa up onto the balcony, not being as much of a show off as Rinaa. Yet when she landed she still went into a crouch before standing up and deciding she would never get tired of the view from the rooftops of anywhere she went. "So which one we going to then?" Fia asked.

Whenever Rinaa made any kind of parkour move, it wasn't a deliberate showing off, it was just that her years of practice had hardwired the fancier landings into her. It was second nature to her, just as it was with Jay. "The flat topped one over there" Rinaa gestured across the gap to her chosen roof, but her eyes were focused on the skyline of the city in the distance. She'd spent more hours on this roof than she had on that of the forge. She didn't need Cal to tell her that this had been her and Elliott's spot as kids. It was obvious in her body language and the undercurrent of sadness that always came into her eyes when they were up there. As it was still a construction site at the time there were very few photos of the two of them on that roof.

But despite that, she still loved the view, and her eyes greyed slightly as she looked out over the skyline. She took out her phone, and took a set of pictures, not particularly skilled ones, just pictures to try and capture the essence of the scene. They weren't for anybody in particular, anybody worth showing them too was either years away, or already in Attil. She sighed, before turning away. "Staring won't solve this" she muttered to herself, before backing to the edge of the roof, slinging the bag across her shoulders. She ran, building speed, the jumped, hurling herself across the void. Roof running was yet another skill from her unorthodox education. She had no fear of heights to hold her back and was sure footed and nimble. Rinaa landed cleanly on the other side, brushing an imaginary speck off her trousers before taking a good few steps back, not knowing where Fia would land.

Fia looked over where Rinaa was gesturing, taking in the gap between and the general mental maths in her head on getting across. It didn't look too far so an easy enough run and jump situation. She glanced at Rinaa and saw the body language switch to the hint of sadness in her, but didn't want to say anything incase she just got shot down on it. If however the sadness didn't go away soon, she would check on her. She waited while Rinaa took a couple of photos on her phone of the view, something she had done earlier on. Fia then watched as Rinaa backed up and did her running jump, easily making it across. She smirked to herself seeing she got her skill from Jay.

Fia then backed up herself, and tied her hair up into a ponytail as it did have a ha it of whipping her in the face blocking her vision when she did roof hopping as she affectionately nicknamed it. She watched as Rinaa backed up, allowing her plenty of room to land, before she made a run for it gaining enough speed and leaping off the roof, landing on the other side with a good foot between her and the roof edge. Glancing at far she got across, she smiled happy with her landing. If she was on her own she would have probably cheated and used her wings just to stretch them out and made some elaborate landing, using her wings to make it dramatic. But she didn't being with Rinaa, knowing how Rinaa was with fire, even though not all her wing span was just pure flames. They were mostly feathers just like Kay's were, the fire only on the tips, which eventually stop happening the older she got.

Rinaa watched Fia's jump, it was a good solid leap. Confident. A three metres gap was pretty daunting when learning, but both had been doing things like this for years. This kind of jump was easy, compared to running full pelt across the roofline, only being able to gauge jumps for a split second before you actually made them. Jay had dubbed suchan event roof running, and it was a sort of sport among the assassin group growing up. They'd find a set of old buildings and run across the rooftops, practicing their speed, agility and ability to edge ahead of somebody else. "Not bad" was all she remarked, her face giving no clue as to any of the thoughts in her head.

Rinaa pulled off the hoodie, noting that there was a tear in one sleeve and tutted slightly. The hoodie was old, and worn in places, she'd repaired a few rips on it, but the repair marks were only visible on the inside. She wrapped it around her waist before sitting down cross-legged and flicking open the box once again, this time selecting a syringe. "I'd stand a bit back if I were you, I've no idea exactly how this is going to work." With her free hand she carefully rubbed some antiseptic on the spot on her arm where she would be injecting the inks. Her forearm bore a set of needle marks at that point, most from inks, but some from IVs.

Fia wasn't expecting much of a reaction from Rinaa, she would have been more surprised if Rinaa had to reacted in any other way. Like with most of the people in her life, she had learned to accept the lack of decent reaction to her skills. That wasn't to say she didn't get any at all at times, she did. It just so happened she was used to the placid reactions more. Modding, she stood back as Rinaa say herself down, taking out the box and preparing herself for doing whatever she needed to do with the syringes. It would have been the first time she would have properly seen the items in use, as before she would have hidden away bad spied, only getting a restricted view of it.

She sat on the edge of the roof facing Rinaa so she was far enough away from her for safety reasons but close enough so if she did have to jump into action of helping her, she could. She could be fast when she needed to be. She wondered briefly what Kay and Chas would end up doing whilst everyone else was out of the apartment, she also took a second go wonder how Elliott and the group were getting on with the tour of the place, before refocusing herself back to Rinaa. She kept telling herself not to let her kind wander.

"And yet again we're on our own" Kay smirked back at the apartment.

Rinaa had no idea whether Fia would have seen this or not. Jay didn't use this skill much, and neither did she. It was both draining and neither had any real daily use to survey the timeline for anything or try to read the future. The different inks had different properties, Rinaa focused on the red, blue, black and the clear liquid that wasn't ink, but a sort of binding agent and an amplifier. Timeline reading was a fickle thing, so this particular agent helped to amplify the natural sensitively. She injected each colour individually, first black, then blue, then red and finally the agent. The colours swirled into her forearm subdermals taking on a shifting, morphing life of their own. The subdermals spiralled up her arms, across her shoulder blades meeting at a point on the back of her neck. Her hair was tied back, so the convergence point could be seen.

The effect was quite something else, and with the spiralling sundermals now visible, her resembelence to Jay became startlingly clear. There was a strange beauty to it, and Rinaa smiled slightly taking the whole thing in, flipping her arms over to see the full effect. "You can come closer and gawp if you want, it's not dangerous or anything until I activate."

Chas nodded. "Yup, can't help but feel like some kind of side character in whatever thing they are doing. I'm guessing Rinaa's going to do some kind of timeline scanning? I know Jay can do that, but I know only what she told me about her abilities, which isn't much." He liked Jay, despite her outwards portrayals, he knew she could be trusted. He'd saved her life after all, having no idea that they'd ever meet again in such circumstances.

Fia watched on as Rinaa injected each of the chosen colours into her skin. It was fascinating to see it properly and not from behind a wall for a change. The resemblance to Jay was also highly notable to Fia, finding there was no doubt she was Jay's kid. Not that she ever doubted it anyway, but this made it all that much more obvious. When she got given permission to come closer to take a look, she pushed herself up onto her feet and took the opportunity to do so. "This is insane. It's so beautiful" she remarked. "Mind if I video this bit?" She asked, not wanting to video the whole thing, just the way the colours were swirling around at this stage.

Hearing Chas express his agreement in such a way, made Kay feel less alone in those feelings. "Same here, and it wouldn't surprise if it's something like that Rinaa is doing." Kay replied. "It seems like everyone has something to be doing except for us." she smirked, then sighed. She pulled her feet up in the armchair, crossing her legs slightly and ran her hand across her stomach, a habit rapidly coming into play with her. She was still getting used to the fact she was already having a baby bump only days after finding out she was pregnant. She felt like there was nothing she could do except keep her and unborn Fia put of trouble by staying put.

"That's one word for it" Rinaa agreed, gesturing for afia to come forwards, she didn't mind it being videoed. "Feel free to video this beforehand, but once I start, I'd rather you didn't. It's a bit of a gamble, and if it goes wrong, we'll, I'd rather not have another fail video out there." She pushed up her t-shirt sleeves over her shoulders to let the full extent be seen. The subdermals wrapped around and enhanced her lithe muscle tone. A faint glow could be seen through her green t-shirt, showing a rough outline of the patterns across her shoulder blade. "These inks floursce naturally, but you can get special ones to that are designed to glow in the dark and they are dope." She smirked slightly remembering the first time she'd shown her friends. "I tried them once, and the reaction from my friends was hilarious."

"I wouldn't blame her if she was. It's an incredibly rare skill, and not just among Jay's people. It's the same in metas, mutants, other alien races. John can back it up for Downworlders and Darkworlders. But she looks much better than earlier, less pale, drained and self pitying. That look of determination, it suits her." Chas propped his feet against the edge of the table, not in the same position as John would, a different way. "Yup, I feel like a massive third wheel sometimes when all this is going on and being at a loss for what to do. But I'd rather it than anything worse happening."

Last edited:
Fia nodded, respecting Rinaa's wishes. "Of course, I wouldn't film anything else" she reassured her, taking her phone out and opening up the camera. She filmed the swirls and patterns flowing through Rinaa and how the wrapped up to the back of her neck. She didn't necessarily get Rinaa's face in the shots, just focusing on the patterns happening, finding it so fascinating. The video was literally a few seconds before she stopped it and put her phone away, just as Rinaa told her about the special ones that glow in the dark. Fia had admit that did sound insanely cool. "That sounds so awesome and I could imagine how funny it'd have been" she smiled.

Kay listened to Chas, nodding in agreement at what he was saying. She wouldn't be blaming Rinaa either for doing it, and she certainly didn't doubt that it was an incredibly rare skill to own. She herself was a rare thing, so it was no surprise that other things would be rare out in the universe as well. "I can understand why you'd feel that way, I really can. I know what it feels like as I've been there in that position. But you're right, anything is better than something worse happening" she replied. "I do at times feel bad for you you know?" She added, not going into detail but there were times she felt like it was coming across that she was taking his friend away from him and that was something she never wanted. She respected Chas way too much.

Rinaa smiled slightly, the corners of her mouth lifting upwards at the remark from Fia. It had been a good day for her that day. They were all hanging out in the basement area of the lab, which was affectionately dubbed 'Super Shop'. For once they had no outstanding work and were just taking the opportunity to be normal teenagers and young adults. Which naturally involved a competition of crazy skills. "It was the kind of reaction where somebody shrieks really loudly "fuck me sideways that is so freakin' awesome I'm going to die from overexposure" " as she quoted, she unconsciously mimicked the voice of the person who made the remark. "Then somebody else falls off the couch because they weren't expecting a large shriek in their ear and once composure is regained they all morph back into the regular uber-nerds and want to know how it works."

If Chas was at home, he wouldn't be hanging around doing nothing, he would be doing proper work and earning money. But here that wasn't really an option. He had been given an open invitation to the forge, but he couldn't leave Kay alone with the two teenagers espescially if they had a physical fight. If Rinaa was anything like her mother, she wouldn't be pulled away easily. "You and just about everybody else who has ever met me and doesn't know the full extent of John and me's lives. And me myself sometimes, I do question why I do this, all the time, but in the end it won't stop me."

Fia thought for a brief second that she had ended up in a parallel universe when she made Rinaa made smile. She listened to the story of the reactions and as she could have guessed how they went, they did. It made her laugh hearing how the shriek of one made another fall off the couch, knowing she's created that sort of reaction before herself from her pranks, but it was difficult to accomplish, so when it did happen she felt incredibly smug. "Bet you felt pretty smug about the reactions you got" she commented smiling back. "I know I do when a prank I do succeeds to that level. Mostly because it's bloody hard to succeed in pranking our big ol' fam" she smirked, having a feeling Rinaa would get where she was coming from with that comment.

Kay listened to what he said and smiled fondly at his words. "I don't think anyone will ever truly understand the things we as people do or who we choose to pick as a family of friends. That's life I guess." She replied, slightly impressed that she came out something so deep for her. "But even if he doesn't always say bit, I know John appreciates having you around and not giving up on him. And I certainly appreciate all you've done for me as well." Kay added. She didn't say it but she did appreciate the fact he didn't leave her alone with the two teenagers.

(I'll be slow replying today and tomorrow as it's London comic con spring)

Rinaa smirked slightly. She had enjoyed the wide bug eyed looks she'd gotten from almost everybody on the crew. "Its always good to get a reaction, I know a couple of metas and Downworlders and people who aren't entirely human, so it's good to know they can be surprised too. But some certain people are over dramatic drama queens who'd cry at the opening of an envelope." Somebody had dubbed their group that and it stuck as an affectionate nickname, her voice conveying that. In a way what she lacked in close family, she made up for with a tight-knit circle of friends. She had to shrug at Fia's comment. "I can only imagine based on this lot now." She was pretty damn sure if she'd tried publically pranking anyone who wasn't Chas or Trish she'd have been promptly thrown out of the nearest window.

Chas could only agree with that. If anybody asked why he hung around his answer would be something about 'old mate' and 'been through a lot together' and 'don't want to see him get killed'. But the truth was more complex than that. There had been other reasons in the past and no doubt that there would be other reasons in the future. There had been times where one had walked out on the other, but inevitably when things got tough, one was always there, fighting alongside and having their back. "Can't argue with that." At the next statement he nodded. "Yeah, I know he does. But he did call me 'the nest cabbie in London and best mate' as an introduction when you first showed up, and that's a pretty accurate depiction of what I do. Apart from the limited mortality thing, but that's a side effect of John's drunken antics." It was good to know that he'd helped out Kay in some way or another, through what had to be the most confusing few months of her life.

(oooh, have fun. London comic con looks awesome)

Fia was a little envious of the kinds of people Rinaa knew as she listened to what was said. The fondness in Rinaa's voice didn't go fully amiss on Fia, though when Rinaa shrugged and replied with her second reply, Fia remembered she almost put her foot in it once again with the remark of the family. "Shit.. sorry, didn't mean to put my foot in it again again" she apologised, wanting Rinaa to know she didn't mean anything bad by her remark and hoped she hadn't upset her.

Kay smirked at Chas' reply and she remembered it well when she was introduced to him by John, when she finally woke up from her attack. "Yeah. He's one of unique individual that's for sure for things like that." She said, but it was obvious by her own tone it was said fondly. "It seems like only yesterday in so many ways we collided paths in that alleyway and I passed out at his feet." She reminisced with a smirk on her lips. "Yet it also feels like an eternity ago in other ways and look at where we are now. It's just insane that I found someone else to love amongst my chaotic life" she added. She still had it in her head that if Chas wasn't nearby, John could have and possibly would have just left her there or somewhere else, and not taken her in.

Rinas could only shrug, pretty much any time the topic of family came up it was guaranteed to have some kind of affect on her. It was just how her life was. "It's a given at this stage that whenever family comes up, I'm going to have an averse reaction." Her family was three core people- Jay, Cliff and Cal. Three highly badass independent women, each with their own take on raising a chimera kid. There was also input from Dan, he'd been a father himself, but in Rinaa's life he was a sort of dependable uncle. Earth was more complicated, Chas wasn't subject to the internal family politics, allowing him to make the most effort. John on the other hand was living with a balence between Kay, his daughter and the daughter of the son he lost. It was far more complicated. Rinaa stood and took a few steps backwards, giving herself the space she needed to work with.

"Whatever you may say about having no friends, the loneliness, the downwards spiral, the uncertainty, the lack of belief, the lack of contact and skills with people your own age, the struggles of being left alone with your own thoughts.... whatever. Rejection- be it partial or total rejection- by blood makes these all infintesimally worse." she remarked, in a way that seemed to imply that blood didn't just mean Jay and Elliott. Rinaa's eyes shifted back to stormy grey and she took a breath in. Her whole posture changed and her arms moved up, her fingers already shaping themselves in preparation.

Unique wasn't the word Chas would have chosen to describe John, far from it. He could hear the fondness in her tone and knew she meant well. "I agree, it seems like yesterday me an' John had to do the whole demon poison removal and wound dressing in the back of the cab. 'course we checked it was done properly when we actually got back." He didn't mention the blood stain in the cab, the wound had bled a lot and it had taken quite a portion of elbow grease to get it out. Once they were sure Kay was fine, he'd gone to attend to the cab while John smoked. "That's just life for you. Its weird, crazy and down right unpredictable. That's just the beauty of it. I never thought I'd learn to pilot a spaceship, travel to alien settlements, meet two time-travelling teenagers, let alone ones who are relatives by association. Not to mention being from two timelines...... Though in a way, coming to Attil shouldn't have been so surprising. Elliott going to Attil was inevitable, it's unfinished business that's been gnawing at him for years."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back