• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

ReadingTheRunes

Proud to be pagan
After being knocked out for who knows long long, Luna started to regain consciousness.
She couldn't believe she was so stupid as to get caught by Molag's minions and taken to Coldharbour. She had one job to do, a ridiculous job to prove herself to Uncle Sheo. One job with a one way ticket straight to Coldharbour with only rags to her body and no weapons… As she stood up, she noticed a dremora staring at her. "You have finally woken up mortal."

It took her a while to realise the dremora was speaking to her. "I'm talking to you mortal, you will spend eternity here until we can break you to Molag's will." The dremora spoke with ease and uniformity; with some sense of excitement for the torture. Luna turned around and started talking into the distance. "Well the dremora doesn't know what I am capable of does he Scalli? No he doesn't! We need to show him Scalli! Yes we do!" As soon as Luna turned around to face the dremora, it had already been knocked out with a pan. A gaunt looking man stood over the body before putting the pan back on his head. "Well don't dilly dally! Chop chop." He chirped as he opened her cage. "The names' Cadwell. It's the same old pish-posh. Gallant knight, epic quests rescued maidens. I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things. Now to help escape this madness.

She didn't have to be told twice, stepping out of her cage to follow Cadwell. As they tried to find an exit, they came across some other alive humanoids. "Other people? Everyone with bad luck. No luck Scalli. No luck… But Cadwell can help you!" Luna chirped, watching Cadwell pick the lock of their cage. She motioned for them to come out and to follow. "We need to find a way to get out of here. We are all alive after all, we need to keep it that way before we end up like Cadwell here. Dead. Very dead."

((Remember to try and let everyone post before you post again.))

Last edited:
Waking up in Oblivion was rarely a good thing, while it could lead to some fun times coldharbour was never a place that could be called fun. The lands was blue and black the buildings blue and black even the inhabitants were blue and black, really bal needed to expands hi color palette. Allas could only sigh and try to remember if this was her first time in this particularly boring plane of reality. The deadra had apparently undressed and redressed her in rags, which was an odd attention to detail that Allas couldn't help but be impressed by. Still it would never do to run around on a plane like this with nothing but rags to protect ones self. there was also the issue of the chains the deadra had placed upon her locking her to a table in a locked cell, that was some well needed caution. Still it was not enough to really hold someone like Allas, a normal mage maybe, but she had other ways to get out of such simple binding. Allas focused a test of will of what was and what wasn't, were the bindings metal or were they just air? Allas would argue with word and will that they were not metal, they had never been, and never would be metal, they were air. Reality or what passed for it would say in it's own way that it felt like metal, it weighed the same, it was as hard as , and had all the proprieties of metal. This was the deepest simplest truth of Alterations, the fight of what was and what was not and the mage told reality it was wrong. Allas soon felt the chains fade as they changed from metal to gas and those not changed fell to the ground.

Allas sat up stretching and looking around she saw many others in cages, in chains, and in torture devices, so nothing had changed here. Still for Bal to be taking in so many people he must be doing as his nature compelled him to do and was targeting Nirn. So few souls realized the Deadra were predictable in their nature and would seek the same thing over and over endlessly repeating their actions. The Aedra were in truth little different, they too were bound by their nature, and a few other things. With her freedom from the chains complete Allas knew she needed to get out of this plane, as while some realms of oblivion were nice this was not one of those. Allas rolled and got off the table walking towards the door she inspected the lock and while she was no lock smith she should be able to get it open. Still there was no way she could go out dressed as she was. There would need to be another argument as something told Allas she would be meeting very interesting people soon and interesting people made interesting events. When meeting those that might cause events it was necessary to look your best and so Allas needed to not be in simple rags, she needed her good robes. The originals were likely burned and long gone sadly, she had really liked those. Well fake and real were just matters of perspective and so Allas knew how to win a debate thus would she get her good clothes back over the rags of coldharbour, sadly they just looked nice and had no magic.

Now dressed as she should be Allas looked back to the lock again to make sure it was still the same lock, some locks weren't always the same when you looked after all. it was still the simple device it had been before, sadly there were no lock picks and to fight over what a lock was seemed a bit petty. The solution was soon apparent as one of the Dremora guards walked by. No plea of mercy or scream for attention would make it open the cell, instead Allas would force it to help her. While she was no expert Allas knew some conjuration and many forgot that a bound item was not some stolen item or energy made item brought forth from nothing, no it was a deadra bound and forced into the shape that the vaster wished. Allas recited the spell to contour an bound blade, but focused on a specific deadra, a very specific deadra.

" What are you doing MORTAL?!" The Dremora roared before its form was whisked away and Allas had a blade in her had where there had been none before.

" Bal will not be happy with you now be a good boy and help me open this lock" Allas said with a chuckle before slamming the blade into the lock over and over the weak internal mechanics of the lock giving before the soul made blade.

With the cell and bindings dealt with Allas slipped out and started her search for a way out. Given she and so many others had been taken to oblivion there had to be a stable or simi stable way in an out. Allas could guess what Bal was planning thinking it over and why he would bring people here to her it apparent, though she doubted there was a prisoner here among the prisoners. Allas would gather other kidnapped figures all dressed in the same rags with herself standing out in her good robes. In time she would find a mad knight that was as much a part of this realm as the deadra it created, and a fellow wood elf. Seeking a way to leave this realm and go to another, well Nirn that much was apparent, everyone always wanted to go to nirn never Lyg.

" Given i doubt the rest of you know the way to move to get from where you are to where you want, you will have to count on Bal to have left a hole from here to there around this many people would need big holes to move after all" Allas said with a shrug looking over the gathered others trying to pick out the fun ones.

Well it's official. Daedra are dicks.

Of course this wasn't exactly news. There were plenty of stories of mortals getting screwed over by them, but Marina now had personal experience to back up the claim. She'd been laughed at by one, cheated by one, and more recently been jumped by a bunch of them that fell out of a hole in the sky. She must have lost the fight because next thing she knew she was in a strange blue world, hanging by her wrists while a dramora organized his torture tools nearby.

Bunch of dicks.

Hearing her stir the soon-to-be-torturer glanced over his shoulder and sneered at her. "You're awake. Good. Wouldn't want you to miss the fun." His voice was kind of like grinding metal and Marina suspected that his idea of fun wasn’t any more pleasant judging by the variety of instruments he had, some she’d never seen before.

“Fun huh?” Marina asked distractedly as she shifted around, testing her restraints. Manacles dug into her wrist so tight she could never slip through and yet oddly her feet, which were just barely touching the floor, had been left unbound. "That sounds great and all, but if you hadn’t noticed my soul’s kinda already been claimed by someone and I don’t think he’ll be too happy that you’re stealing his prize.”

The dramora scoffed, turning back to his tools. “Pretty sure that only applies once you are dead. So as long as I don’t kill you we should be good.” Picking up a branding iron he stuck it into a brazier to let them heat up.

“And for some reason you thought it would be a good idea to torture a fledgling werebeast? Sounds like a good way to get your head ripped off." Marina teased. The chain that held her up ran though a pulley on the roof of the cell. Given enough time she could probably climb up and wiggle it loose, but this guy probably wouldn’t let that happen. Finally her eyes landed on the answer: a single key, hanging from a hook on the man’s hip. She must have been the only prisoner he was in charge of. Now the trick was getting it.

"Oh I get it!" She called out in realization “You’re the guy that no one likes!" Though he didn’t respond the dramora clearly stiffened, so Marina pushed on with a grin. “Yeah, that’s it. Everyone must have thought you were the least likely to be missed. So they left you to deal with the vicious lycanthrope. Whelp! Congratulations sir! You are officially the most expendable loser in Oblivion!"

Her taunting seemed to have done the trick as the dramora slowly turned around, cold rage filled his eyes as he marched up to her and leaned in so close she was practically choking on the brimstone in his breath. “I’m going to enjoy listening to you scream, mortal.” He snarled. “I’m going to pull you apart piece by piece. I’m going to start with your nails, then I’m going to rip off your fingers and toes, burn off your feet, chop off your limbs and cauterize the stumps over a low flame. Then I’m going to stick what’s left of you full of silver nails until you’re screaming for mercy. Then I’m going to heal you and do it all over again and again until you can’t scream anymore."

Admittedly that all sounded pretty damn awful, but Marina just smiled at him. "And I'm going to enjoy tearing your throat out." She sneered back, as she carefully lifted the key from his hip with her toes.

Now she had actually expected to play the waiting game at this point, suffer through several hours of torture until the asshole got bored and then break out, but opportunity came knocking far sooner in the form of a zombie-looking guy wearing a pot on his head opened the cell door. The moment the dramora turned around Marina got to work, gracefully lifting her leg over her head and bring her foot and key to the lock. Even with practiced ease it took her a moment but once she was free she lunged forward, snagging a scalpel off the table and slashed it across her captor's neck. The body dropped and she wasted no time collecting his sword and joining the group gathering outside.

Soon enough the bunch started discussing how to get out of Coldharbor and when a particularly magic-y looking wood elf mentioned something about holes Marina decided to pipe up. "I'm no expert on planer travel, but I remember that the guys that abducted me came out of a big floating gate-like structure. If we can find it on this side maybe we could use that?"

Deadra. Why did it have to be Deadra? Burma thought when she awoke and saw her surrounding, she groaned both in annoyance at her situation and the feeling of hunger that seemed to have become the bane of her existence. At least there was no sun to bother her though that was just about the only thing going for it. She sat up and stretched before noticing her armor and weapons were replaced by a rags. Damn Deadra... She muttered as she stood and moved her cell door. The blue glow made it clear that she was in plains of Oblivion but which one? She did not thing any of them will be particularly welcoming... Maybe Azura or Nocturnal... Her thoughts paused when she noted a dremora looking at her through bars on the door of her cell. Its face was not exactly clear, but she could sense a radiating air of contempt from it and instinct told her it was not because she was mortal.

"See anything you like, ugly?"

"Quiet Mortal!" The dremora called out its harsh manner. "You are diseased... You are pale weakling imitation of my masters gift of blood. A mockery, you should eliminate not recruited!" Masters gift of blood? She thought trying to make sense of it. Once she realized she had her inflicted with vampires, she attempted to study it and found a cure, she came cross a dark elf legend regarding the first vampire. A creation of Molag's rape. So she is likely in Morag Bal plane of oblivion. Knowing that did not make feel any better about her situation but it was a start. She needed to get out of her.

"Diseased huh? At least i am not an ugly slave to gekko cow." She retorted putting her hands behind her back and preparing lightning bolt spell.

"You dont speak to the Prince that way!" The dremora called out angrily before moving to open the cell. The moment it opened the door enough, she pounced firing the bolt at the black armoured figure. The blow landed but it wasnt as powerful as she hoped, the dremora stumbled back as if he was punched in the stomach but seemed to recover quickly. Burma acted on instict, the growled allowing herself to get angry at her current predicament from being a vampire to being trapped in here. With the anger came a rush of adrenaline and power and she saw red. She rushed the dremora tackling him hard into the back wall before slamming her first down at him until she sensed a lack of moment of him or it had thrown her off.

The criss cross steel pattern that her eyes first opened to and the ache in her back told her she was lying in a cage. She sat up quickly and a rush of vertigo hit her hard; forcing her to shut her eyes briefly. She allowed her body to familiarize itself with her new position before opening her eyes again. Blue and black stones, ceiling and cells were around her. The smell was bloody and musty she could pick up sounds from other rooms and cells as they bounced off the walls and echoed around. Her heart began to smash against her rib cage as she further realized she wasn’t just in a cage but more like a stone prison. Her breath was coming out in short pants as panic overtook her. Her eyes widened and her pants were coming out even faster as she began to hold herself and shiver uncontrollably.
~Oh god, oh god, oh god, what am I to do, what do I do?! I need to get out, I need to get out, I need to get out!~ Her hands cane to her throat as she struggled to breath her chest heaving.

Sabjorn let the Dremora lead him by the shackles and chains around his wrists, biding his time. As soon as he noticed the dremora let down his guard, he lunged forward, jumping on him and using the chain on his wrists to strangle his captor. After a good amount of struggling, the dremora either passed out or died from asyphixiation, he wasn't sure which. Sab wasted no time with retrieving the dremora's greatsword, lucky him, and the key to his bindings. He then looked around, it wasn't likely he could make it out alone, he would need help. Now, where to find someone, or multiple people preferably, to help him escape?

His mind felt cloudy and numb, he couldn't remember anything. Not his name, not his age, his only memory was the ocean dragging him down and filling his lungs with cold, salty water. He was brought to his senses when he heard somebody moving nearby, as he became more aware he heard the Khajiit's frantic breathing. "H-hey-" His voice was hoarse as he tried to get her attention. Poltroon stood up on shaky legs, "Are you alright? Calm down, here," He held out his hands, offering them for her to hold onto. "You're going to be okay, look at me." Internally, he was panicking too. He had no memories, no point of reference for any of this. But those feelings were overridden when he recognized panic in his cellmate, "Can you tell me your name? What are we doing here?"
He cringed a bit at his voice, why was it so feminine?

Luna couldn't believe how many alive people had ended up in coldharbour. Uncle Sheo usually told her that the soul shriven reside in coldharbour, but she guessed Molag had gotten bored and wanted new playthings; either that or he was planning to use them...

She turned to the bunch surrounding her and Cadwell. "I can hear others screaming. Alive ones with their souls still intact. This way!" She chirped, skipping off into a corridor where the screams we coming from. There in multiple cages were others. Some had freed themselves, while others panicked.

"You all have souls!" Luna chirped again, before muttering another remark. "Well mostly intact..." She skipped over to the ones still chained, using low level banishing magic for the daedras; transporting them to another place in coldharbour far away from them. "Right let's get you peeps far away from this hell hole. I know a protected city near here. It's not much but the daedras cannot eat you there so that's a bonus." Cadwell remarked. "I can transport one of those u at a time so let's get to it!" He swiftly opened a portal; transporting one survivor at a time.

After some time they were all in the City. "This chaps is the lost city of Meridia. Quaint little place this, with some people around...Anyway I must dash." With that Cadwell disappeared. "Cadwell is gone...for now. So...hmmmm. I am curious... Who are you all? I don't meet many people with their souls and heads still intact... Or things more like Stanley the talking grapefruit! I so like talking to Stanley." She sighed.

Allas would not have expected to have made it so easily to the hollow city but with a part of coldharbour helping them that was should not be such a surprise. It seemed that the fallen magna-ge would defy the lord of domination even in his own realm. They of course could have simply used one of the devices used to bore through the shattered veil between the worlds to get home but it seemed that their impromptu leader had other ideas and knew their deranged knight. The other bosmer seemed to be well antiquated with another prince, the supposed mad god that could be said to be more sane than who he once was. Allas did wonder why the dream had brought her to them as never did the dreamer guide his dreams without unknowingly having a meaning to it. There were other interesting members of this little group, the rebel child of blood, the cursed and blessed beast, a child of the moons, a follower of the three, and two men from the frozen north. Allas had come across many groups of oddities, and yet none were a prisoner it seemed this would not be the end of bal's ambitions. The call for introductions was a fun chance to see who would say what and reveal what about themselves.

" To call for names in city of a fallen Magna-ge instead of upon Mundus how funny" Allas said " I am Allas Nirnenam " She continued being an exaggerated bow " We likely could have used bal's own energies to return to nirn instead of coming here the veil between here and there and everywhere is filled with holes instead of fire" She explained. using only the final part of Molag-bal's name something only those that might not fear his wrath or were truly confident he would not strike them down would when inside his own realm.

Sabjorn looked around at the Hollow City. He hadn't expected something like this to have been here, in Coldharbour.
"So, uh," He started looking around at their little group. Not all of them seemed to be the most... sane. That was a bit concerning. "I guess I'll introduce myself. Sabjorn Fenrarke. Who are all of you?"

OOC: Sorry this is so short, just got out of my zoom meeting and i only have a week left to finish my class's final project.

Polly was busy looking around them, this place was much better than Coldharbour, that's for sure. And it seemed to be perfectly safe. "...Oh, I'm Poltroon, I guess. Somebody called me that, once." He said, shrugging. "I don't remember if I had another name."
Then he remembered the Khajiit and turned to find her. "Hey? are you alright?" He asked softly, just loud enough for her to hear. He figured she didn't want everyone to know she wasn't doing well.

Sanabi watched her surroundings warily as if they were plotting to eat her. She stayed close with the group from coldharbour if only because nothing could single her out. When the introduction line hit her she simply quietly and quickly gave her name. “I am Dra’ Sanabi Moon-Seeker.” She wasn’t trying to be rude but these unfamiliar surroundings and people made the hairs on her tail stand on end. She was no longer as terrified as she had been after waking up here but she was far from relaxed.

although the area looked safe you never know what could be hiding under the sand. That was a saying in her country as there were creatures who lived under the sand in the desert wastelands she’d been lost in as a child. She’d stepped into too many hidden lairs to drop her guard in such a strange place. She held the hilt of her dagger, still in its sheath, as they walked along.

When the dark elf from before, turned toward her to speak it was a struggle to turn her attention to him. She took a slow calming breath, it didn’t calm her but it gave the appearance that it did as her stiff shoulders relaxed fractionally. “Hi, thank you for worrying but es fine. I am ok. This place is much better than coldharbour. Now I am just cautious for our continued safety. Your name is poltroon? How are you doing, my friend?” Sanabi did genuinely felt intimate towards this fellow as he was the first one she’d met in the prison and he’d been the person to show the most care towards her. Helping ease her anxieties enough for her to step through the unfamiliar portal. She had no qualms with calling him friend, especially as she’d never really had the opportunities to make friends before.

Hawke. Hawke.

The movement did seem to stop and the haze, the anger slipped away and she found herself regaining her senses. She looked down at her fallen foe, the face of the dremora seemed whole rather the blood pulp she had expected. Whether it was dead or knocked down she was not sure but as long it was still it didn't matter she needed to get out. Barely was had she taken a few steps before she was greeted by other survivors. Initial instincts did not much trust the new group, particularly the dark elf which she felt something was off about. Still they appeared mortal and she doubted she would survive alone out there. Especially as she doubted dremora would be able to sate her hunger. She had followed them to the city, trying hard to make sense of her surrounding.

Conversation seemed to be at a minimum until she arrived at the city when the dark elf disapeared. She frowned, the dark elf was far too comfortable with there situation. She looked around the City, better than nothing she supposed and then listened to the others introduce themself. "Burma." She said suddenly, introducing herself as if reluctant to do so.

As they were all getting to know each other, a woman silently walked towards them. "Welcome newcomers. I am the groundskeeper of this hollow city. I have a message for you from the Daedric Prince, Meridia. You must help all mortals by going to the tower of Lorkhas; in Meridia. Molag Bal's minions are continuing to scheme for the destruction of Nirn. You must stop it before it is too late." The Groundskeeper gave a stern look to all the new survivors.

Luna looked shocked at what the groundskeeper had said. "Lorkhas, Lorkhas, Lorkhas. Lorkhas tower; heart of Lorkhas. Lorkhas died long ago; Lorkhas' heart lived! Why to the tower?Oh yes! The power from the heart can bring upon doom!" She chirped excitedly, interested in what the groundskeeper's message meant. "To the portal! The portal needs to go to Vvardenfell!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back