• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mr_DC

Been a while
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Epsilon

A unified nation under one ruler, steadily paving the way towards a brighter future. At least, that's what all the propaganda says and the loyalists viciously uphold.

A planet larger than Earth but largely uninhabited with dispersed settlements, Epsilon is still a fresh colony in spite of being over a century old. With a seemingly endless stalemate with Earth, a local rebel threat, and cutthroat corporations fighting to take the biggest share of the Epsilon market, it is a miracle Epsilon is as stable as it is.

Still, most of the Epsilon population is content, enjoying the high technological progress, comfortable living, and almost limitless civil liberties. Those who aren't content usually blame the non-existent political freedoms, the brutish police force, and the shadowy ways in which the government operates to eliminate all opposition.

With the corporations reaching the limits of what they can take by law, with the war on Earth heating up, and a decade overdue for another uprising, Epsilon is progressing full steam ahead towards a new future.

---​

If you're like me, one of the best parts of roleplaying is actually planning it out. Wide-eyed, throwing out ideas and drinking in the mutual thrill. And if you're like me, there comes a time where the interest in the awesome roleplay starts to fade. Rarely ever disappears but still starts to fade.
Now, that sometimes leads to unfortunately abandoned roleplays that are still remembered fondly. Ones for which the fires of interest can burn brighter with time.

So why not focus on the best part of it? Why not come up with awesome ideas, roleplay them for as long as we feel the urge, and then switch to something different? And perhaps later on jump back to previous ideas?
That is what I'm suggesting here. I would like to do a series of roleplays set in one universe which can host many different genres and countless stories. Jumping from old to new and sometimes back to old when we feel like it.

And speaking of me...

I'm DC and I'm a fairly experienced roleplayer who slowed down on the roleplaying scene in the last couple of years but now I'm back and ready to dust off my skills.

I'm looking for a partner who doesn't mind sometimes waiting a day or two for a post and who will be understanding if it takes me a bit longer on occasion - I think we all know how draining life can be sometimes.
As a writer, I focus heavily on GMing and writing up a weaving, interesting plot. So expect me to already have whole storylines planned for something that probably won't even happen. I also really enjoy writing complex characters, trying to discover what they're made of by putting them in difficult situations.
While there always has to be some downtime for contrast, I will often be trying to push my (and yours, if you like that) characters to the breaking point. Consider that a heads-up that a lot of my stories and characters have tragic paths. If that sounds interesting, we'll probably make a good match.

And what kind of paths can we uncover together? Well, here is just a few examples of genres off the top of my head that we could play around with. I would love to come up with some new ones with you.
  • Action - There is a war on Earth and a bunch of rebel factions on Epsilon. Not to mention all the sneaky things megacorps do.
  • Adventure - In spite of being over a century old, Epsilon is still a new planet that will take generations to fully colonize. There are so many things left to discover.
  • AU - This probably doesn't satisfy the strict definition of the genre but we could break from the main thread we're weaving with hundreds of stories and have some fun in an alternative universe.
  • Cyberpunk - The state of Epsilon is pretty much the beginning of cyberpunk. The point where there is still a glimmer of hope that it will turn solarpunk.
  • Dystopian - An autocracy. A benevolent dictatorship. It's pretty much dystopian, ain't it?
  • Horror - Like I said with adventure, there are so many things left to discover. Some of them are scary. Some might be right behind you.
  • Mystery - There are many stories of shapeshifters once wandering Epsilon, long before it was colonized. Some believe the stories. Do you?
  • Realistic/Romance/Slice of life - And why not just focus on the life in this world? Colonizer of new frontiers of the planet? Struggling miners? Office rivals? Maybe even just keepers of abandoned towns and projects.
These are just quick examples. Just hints of what we could do on the world to spark your imagination. If you're interested, send me a message! Let's see what we can come up with together.

Last edited:
This sounds like a fantastic base to center a universe around! Count me as interested, especially in the mystery/horror vein of space exploration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back