• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interest Check: Vampire the Requiem 2.0

Which game themes appeal to you?

• All Night Society (All Covenants)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knights of Blood (Invictus)

• Sanctified Nights (Lancea et Sanctum)

• Ouroboros (Ordo Dracul)

• Bloody Revolt (Carthian Movement)

• Pagan Rhapsody (Circle of the Crone)

• Total voters

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Alright, so Vampire the Requiem 2.0 is out and admittedly has been for a bit under the guise of Blood and Smoke: The Stryx Chronicle

So I'm here to drum up interest for a game of VtR 2.0 simply because I like the new rule set and want to spin a tale for characters.

I'll be tossing up several ideas currently for players to vote on. Below are descriptions of each vote choice. Your are limited to three votes. The first is the base game and concepts. Those that follow are modifications.

All Night Society (General Setting)

-Political intrigue

-Horror

-Clinging to Humanity

Knights of Blood (Invictus Game)

-Maintaining the Masquerade

-Vampiric Nobility

Sanctified Nights (Lancea et Santum Game)

-Devotion

-Hunting Ancient Relics

Ouroboros (Orod Dracul Game)

-Investigative

-Unveiling hidden knoweldge

Bloody Revolt (Carthian Movement Game)

-Rebellion

-Building Something New

Pagan Rhapsody (Circle of the Crone Game)

-Disparate Faiths

-Embrace the Beast

So down with this I'm clawing my way out of the grave.

Not so enthused about Bloody Revolt or Sanctified Nights, and I'm a die hard Ordo fan, but I'll play any of them.

Well, go ahead and lock in some votes on preferred settings. Hopefully we will grab a few more players as well.

So I haven't seen Blood and Smoke, even, but the single session of VtR I've sat for whetted my appetite. If the ST hadn't been a perpetual novice who couldn't tell a story, I'd have stayed on for a long while. I have a hazy impression of BaS being more supernatural in scope and themes than the original. Is that roughly what 2.0 is like? Could be worth picking up.

Yeah, they even made the Invictus and Carthians have some supernatural tricks.

Oh, wow. I was disappointed in even Cruac, though I understand the design goal. The low-fantasy horror just takes a better story about personal morality and horror than was available at that table.

I'll be sure to check it out. Provisionally interested in All Nights and Pagan Rhapsody, but only actually opposed to Knights. I'll be able to commit to a real opinion in a couple of days to digest yet another core book, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really cared about Cruac or Theban Sorcery. What they put in were good starts with their nasty little subtle abilities. I love the Coils though.

Might still be unimpressive though, but I think the Covenant book coming out will fix that whenever they get to it. More of it all.

What exists instead are the Jiang Shi, a curious cluster of vampires most likely originating out of East Asia.

Well I see a few more votes now. Looks like All Night Society with Ouroboros behind it. Most intriguing especially if I pull my own vote out. lol

If I do so it truely its between All Night and Ouroboros since its looking like I only have you three. Maybe more will show up along the way but I'm content. Just don't be surprised if I prod you to keep the game rolling. :P

Reading. I like the more, ah, disjointed writing. Far more characterization, less of a textbook feel than previous offerings.

Really digging the way the senses mechanic makes players keep asking "Is there blood?" Get a little of that obsession to bleed over.

Okay, we apparently have a voter whose not speaking up from my count. Whatever.

We can just do All Night Society to give you guys more freedom of choices. I do ask you all maybe try to work as a coterie?

My second musing is the Ordo game because I badly what to drag your characters into the machinations of the God Machine to invovled Angels and Demons.

Also want to toy with Stryx stuff but again I cal do all of this in All Night as well. Input? Questions? Considerations?

I do indeed.

@Grey @Shining Lotus Sage @The Dark Wizard @VectorPup

So Ordo Dracul game is shockingly in the lead. All Nights Society right behind it.

I'm all for doing either but I have plenty of weird and creepy plans set out for either one. Does this appeal to all interested parties? Shall I make the threads and plunge us headlong into the mysteries and coils of the Dragon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back