• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interest Check - Pathfinder [Forum] [Dice]

Which Time Power To Gain?

• Linger Longer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sense Important Actors

• Sense Future Impact

• Steer Arrival

• Know History

• Total voters

Lord of Chaos

Elder Member
Supporter
I've been kicking around the idea for a Pathfinder chat game. It would be run on Sundays at 6PM, and last until ~10-11pm CST.

2739 AU>It was supposed to be so simple: an untapped power source from the Wild Ages, sure, but one that barely registered on any scales or divinations. It was too weak for any of the big players to make it a priority, so you found it and tapped into it, hoping to make some money by selling wild magic. But when you touched it, the world... shifted. Gone are the white spires of Amar and her shining dragon knights. In fact, nearly everything is gone. Fires burn everywhere, and nothing is left but ruins and corpses. As you watch, the world fades around you and you feel a sensation of falling...

1255 BU>You awake to find yourselves in a simple, peaceful field. The Wild source is fading, but as it goes you receive a vision and you understand. This is the past, nearly four thousand years ago. Somehow, the events of history have been altered, leading to the end of the world. As you are slowly pulled back to your proper place in time, can you put history right again or even - dare you imagine - meddle further and improve your present?

The themes of this game are:

The flow of time

Things change, yet are always the same

Butterfly effect

While the game does involve time travel, it's not going to be open or freeform travel. The pcs will have little to no control over when it happens or when you arrive. Instead, it's going to be a plot device to tell a wide range of stories and set up the events of the story. Your native time had a tech level similar to a magical Renaissance Europe, and the time you arrive in is about equal to ancient Greece.

House Rules:

I use the D&D 3.5 xp table instead of the Pathfinder one

Genius Guide spellpoints will be used instead of spell slots

Rather than rolling HP, you receive two less than the maximum at each level after the first (so 4 for a d6, 8 for a d10 etc)

I'm pretty open to third party stuff, just run them by me first. No Tome of Secrets.

Characters will start at second level, but only have their first level gold. 25 point buy

This is not set in the default Pathfinder setting, but rather a custom world. I'm considering running a session of one of the world-gen games to establish the history of the world, since you guys will be romping through it

Synthesist summoner yes? :D

EDIT: Oh wait it's a chat game. I can't IM game with Amerikkkans, they sleep while I wake. :( Good luck, though!

I actually kept the details vague, since I'd like to use Microscope to spend a session playing out the history of the world before everything changes. I figure that if the players helped shape the setting, they're more invested in fixing it hands-on. The end point should be a good, though not perfect, renaissance magical kingdom in a world at peace, but there's 4000+ years of history to go through before you get there, as well as the rest of the world outside of Amar. And of course, then the timeline gets mucked up and you have to save it

Oh man. Oh man. I need to find out when the other chat commitment I'm in the middle of pledging to is actually going to be before I can nip at your heels about this, but I'll probably have four thousand words put together—maybe one really special idea, maybe five simpler possibilities—by the time that happens. So I am, at least, watching excitedly.

Aw man, I was super excited until I saw it was a chat game. I have a few skype games on the weekends + other IRL obligations :(

Availables confirm!

The setting write-up almost forces an Oracle upon me. Probably something involving the Time mystery, or the hounds of Tyndalos. I'll figure out what she was doing before being dragged into mysticism, after I bug you for a few more details.

And my god, am I ever enjoying Microscope. I'm such a nerd for anthropology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Microscope works best with a small group. Would two or three of you be available this sunday to create the world?

[QUOTE="Lord of Chaos]Microscope works best with a small group. Would two or three of you be available this sunday to create the world?

[/QUOTE]
We can make it as well.

Despite the time difference to here in the UK, this kind of setting/mechanic would greatly interest me. I could quite possibly do the late night sessions. :P

Honestly, I love most everything about this, and I'd love to help with just, world making if nothing else; I'm open /this/ coming Sunday, if not many others. I think.

Microscope seems to work best with <5 people, so I'd rather just have 2-3 players and myself get together to assemble the timeline rather than add in extra people.

huJljK5.png

+2Int +2Con -2Wis

Size: Small

Speed: 30ft

Languages: Ratfolk, Amaran

Survivor's Agility: Once per day, a Ratfolk may roll twice when making a Reflex save and take the better result

Ancient Memories: Ratfolk may make any Knowledge check untrained. Ratfolk may pick two Knowledge skills. They gain a +2 racial bonus to these skills

Plagueborn: Ratfolk gain a +2 racial bonus against poison and disease

Darkvision: Ratfolk have Darkvision out to 60 feet.

Balanced: Ratfolk may use their tails for balance, giving them a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks

Eternal Soul: When a Ratfolk dies, their soul is stored in one of their personal belongings. This item counts as the Ratfolk's corpse for the purposes of all spells and other effects. Once per week, the item may be used to Speak With Dead to communicate with the deceased Ratfolk. The Ratfolk may be asked a single question, and may choose to automatically pass the will save to resist. This otherwise functions as the spell.

+2Wis +2Con -2Cha

Size: Medium

Speed: 20ft

Languages: Dwarven, Amaran

Stability: Dwarves gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground

Darkvision: Dwarves have Darkvision out to 60 feet

Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon

Dwarven Magic: Dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks to overcome spell resistance or dispel magic

Enchanted Blood: Dwarves may select two cantrips from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list. As long as they have a Focus, they may cast these spells a number of times per day equal to their Wisdom bonus (minimum 1) each. The DC for these spells is equal to 10+the Dwarf's Wisdom modifier

Vigilance: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus to all perception rolls to detect hidden foes or traps

+2Dex +2Wis -2Str

Size: Small

Speed: 20ft

Languages: Halfling, Amaran

Fearless: Halflings receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by halfling luck

Halfling Luck: Halflings receive a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws

Weapon Familiarity: Halflings are proficient with slings and treat any weapon with the word “halfling” in its name as a martial weapon.

Keen Senses: Halflings receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks

Dreambound: Halflings may see and interact with Dream creatures as though they were material. They receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against Dream effects. This stacks with Halfling Luck.

Survivor: Halflings may select a single favored terrain from the Ranger list. They receive a +2 racial bonus to all survival and stealth rolls while in that terrain.

+2Dex +2Cha -2Con

Languages: Dreamlander, Dwarven, Amaran

Keen Senses: Lithes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks

Low-Light Vision: Lithes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light

Fey Magic: Lithes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against enchantment spells that they cast. Lithes with Wisdom scores of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities as long as they have a focus: 1/day—dancing lights,unbroken night, lesser dream. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Lithe's level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the Lithe's Wisdom modifier.

Fleet: Lithes receive the Run feat as a bonus feat, and gain a +2 racial bonus to initiative

Dream-Born: Lithes are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.

+2Str +2Int -2Con

Languages: Dreamlander, Dwarven, Amaran

Keen Senses: Malkians receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks

Low-Light Vision: Malkians can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light

Dream-Born: Malkians are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.

Dread Magic: Malkians add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against necromancy spells that they cast. Malkians with Intelligence scores of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities as long as they have a focus: 1/day—cause fear,ghost sound, oneiromancy. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Malkian's level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the Malkian's Intelligence modifier.

Death-Touched: Malkians are healed by negative energy and harmed by positive energy, as though they were undead. They also gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-affecting effects. A malkian takes no penalties from energy drain effects, though he can still be killed if he accrues more negative levels then he has Hit Dice. After 24 hours, any negative levels a malkian takes are removed without the need for an additional saving throw.

This leaves Orcs and Dreamscarred Elves as unstatted, since their history is largely untold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back