• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom {Interest Check} Death Note RP

The Martyr

God of the New World
I would like to see who is interested in the Anime, Death Note.

I know that, once upon a time, it was fairly popular, however, as there is no more Death Note being produced, the fandom has dried up.

I ask you, nay, I implore you, to put foreward an interest in Death Note once more, because despite the fact that the creators are no longer pumping out ideas, that by no means means that we must stop pumping out our own ideas for it. Death Note was a fantastic series, filled with suspense and plot twists, it was detailed far greater than other shows, and it had great characters, please don't let them die.

Please, express interest in Death Note once more, for L, for Light, for Near, for Misa Misa. Don't let their deaths and lives be in vain!

@pbtenchi and @fallsalmon I have had an idea for a while that I'd like to test out.

After Light Yagami died, a movie was made for the show, Death Note: Relight. In Relight, a new Shinigami had been introduced, and not named.

280px-Untitled.png
180px-Unnamed.PNG

This Shinigami, who was never named, resembles light in many ways, the most obvious being the clothes he wears, which, though ragged and torn, resemble Light's usual outfit.

Another fact is that, in the show, it is said that one who uses a death note, for any reason, may not go to heaven or hell for eternity, when I first heard that, I myself felt that they were simply destroyed completely, but after finishing the series, I wasn't so sure, eventually, i watched Relight, and I decided for myself that after death, a death note user becomes a Shinigami themselves, and that, despite obiously not having memory of it, the nameless Shinigami was Light, as a Shinigami.

It would be Lights both best dream, and worst nightmare. He was a God, but he did not, in any way, resemble a God.

More on this after more interest is expressed

Imagine this.

Light, now a Shinigami, still feels that change is needed. Even more so, now that his home is the rotting Shinigami realm.

He plans not just to go to the Human realm, but also to force other Shinigami to come with him, intending to find those "worthy" of his legacy, and arming them with the death notes of the Shinigami he forced into the human realm.

It's an idea I've played with for a while, but never been able to do, mostly because it simply wouldn't work without the right setup, and the right planning, if those interested are willing, I would like to plan this RP for a while, possibly months, and then unleash it on the site

ive seen deathnote rps before, hint of advice, try and keep things mysterious or people will get "vague suspicions against the kiras, and will try to keep their characters away

That's the beauty of it.. rules, such rules that would block out "vague suspicions" from keeping people away from potential Kira's... and any true fan of Death Note would understand that sometimes, as L did, you have to keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. The rule would be, you can not act against another without valid reason to do so, as L did, another rule would be, take down one of those with the Death Notes, the Rpers must have valid proof, another rule, a person with a death note can't say "I wrote his name, and he died" they have to actually write the persons name, and if it's a fake name that the character gave, that the Kira thought was real, then the person doesn't die.

Rules, just like the Death Note, govern the path of the story

Kira, I will hunt you down wherever you are hiding and I will eliminate you! I am... justice!

A Death Note roleplay, featuring Light in his reincarnated form, would be very interesting indeed. I'd like to see your take on it. A roleplay about Death Note isn't an easy one to tackle, not in the slightest. Especially because of all of the complications and trying to figure out who is who. But, I do suppose that is the vast uniqueness of the show, the fact that you don't know who is who, you barely know who to trust, and it's a great battle of wits and intellect...

I'm interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back