• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Interest Check) Death Note: Relics of Shangri-La

Interested?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wolfheart

Running, always running and never stopping.....
It was said once....that the reapers only had one magical heirloom to their name, a single notebook used to kill mortals who were far passed their time on the Earth....

When Light Yagami found the notebook known as the Death Note after being misplaced by a great reaper, he used its power for great evil. Killing those who should not have died so soon, corrupting his mind with revenge and greed driven only by the madness of mortal hands touching such an immense demonic tome.

The human known as Light was killed, but not without consequence.

Light left a hole of rippled effects in time and existence when he killed so many in such a chaotic order without thinking of his actions. To fix this distortion of the laws of nature, a strange and most dangerous reaper named Gohn created dozens more relics to balance out the chaos that Light had achieved.

He was a reaper feared by all, revered by the weak and sung of by the elders. Seconded only to the bowels of hell itself. Ryuk, the Reaper that had accompanied Light, tried to reason with Gohn, but was nearly slain for his defiance and sentenced to a life of torture never to see the Earth again.

"Where there is chaos...there must be more chaos. There was never any order in life's purposes, only repetition, only patience....and I thank Light for his negligence...because I grow tired of waiting." -Gohn, 19th Journal Entry.

He scattered these many relics of different shapes and sizes with all different powers all across the planes of the Earth giving full possession to anyone who discovers them.

"This is the only way to undo what has been done....the routine is broken....chaos MUST continue." - Gohn, addressing Light's former reaper, Ryuk.

No reaper dared stand against Gohn and his new regime. But to level the playing field in all fairness, Gohn had added a stipulation to those that find the relics.

"Every relic is protected by one of my reapers. If that relic is found, without fail, that reaper must swear loyalty to the founder and serve them at all costs. For MY chaos must be made true. I cannot trust a human alone to see it fit." - Gohn, Speech to his kin.

And so, like the gates of hell opening upon the Earth, Gohn sent his many relics along with his reapers down to Earth to be sought out and utilized by those who need only have a sliver of curiosity to find them. And the tiniest lust for disorder and mutiny to harness them.

"Everyone has that small dark pit in them somewhere...I seek only to widen it." - Gohn, 42nd Journal Entry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple. If you have not seen the Death Note anime it's still ok to participate.

Basics is this, the Death Note was a demonic creation by the reapers to keep an organized way to kill off mortals who had been marked for death. Any mortal name written in it were killed instantly. Light Yagami in the series found this and used this and ruined the natural order of things.

Now I am expanding the idea of Death Note and not limiting it to just a note. You can have any relic with any one power you choose. This relic's power can ONLY effect other people, not yourself. Everyone who finds a relic must have a reaper, but you only need to do one character sign up and briefly describe the reaper when the sign up sheet is made featuring moreso your human than your reaper as much.

A couple things.

-Reapers cannot help you in anyway. They are only there with your relic to watch and observe and to make sure you follow Gohn's chaotic guidelines. They can only talk to you and follow you around pretty much. They can use persuasion and give advice, but they cannot act on anything they speak of or anything you conspire to do.

-There are no rebellious Reapers or Reapers that are against Gohn's word. Those Reapers would be smited instantly for Gohn has the power equivalent to a God.

-Your relic's power CANNOT be used on Reapers and others with relics. Gohn forbids his children to fight amongst eachother.

-You CAN choose to be someone without a relic if you like. But know you are significantly weaker and at a disadvantage.

-Those who have relics cannot use its powers on others without first knowing something personal about the person whom in which is the target.

-Your relic's power can only harm mortals and be used against mortals. It is not so vast that it can defeat, control, or conquer Reapers or the after life in any way.

-Your human and your Reaper are inseparable and unified. If they are separated at any moment the relic's power is useless for your human character will slip into madness and break Gohn's rules having the relic revoked. You CAN however temporarily disband them for plot furthering or to build interest but they must reunite.

-You can also choose to be a paranormal investigator like L or N was and have great intelligence on reapers and the relics, but do note you still have no relics and are still vulnerable. But you do have the power of an entire police squadron at your disposal and many resources.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That should about cover it. Any questions, ask them here. I am really fired up to start this thing as soon as I can. I hope it is interesting enough!

I'm looking for at least five to start this thing, I may start sooner to prevent overflow and close the group once I have enough promising writers.

This is a really interesting idea. Will these relics follow the same rules as the Death Note or are we free to create additional guidelines?

As stated, the relics do not have to have the same power as the death note, the relic you find can be anything you want, as long as it directly effects a mortal. It cannot buff or do any effects to yourself, it is only one power that can be used on other people except other relic holders

Well, I'm an idiot. The answer was in the description...Thank you, I'll start working on a character soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back