• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy INTEREST CHECK: Aether: The Age of Light [1 space}

Absolutely up to you friend, please don't feel pressured into it if you would like to go another direction with it. I was simply brainstorming. If you do wanna take that route - sweet!
It's no problem at all. You've given me a foundation to put my character on. I hadn't come up with one yet so this makes it easier for me since a character's introduction can be hard to come up with at times. I mean, I need to find the stuff out the preacher is going to talk about anyway. It will be a learning experience for both my character and me. :)

I think I'd be interested in playing an elf cleric or a lumen mage! This seems like a pretty cool world you've built!

Hey thanks! Lumen won't be available at the start (Mysterious race and all that) but WILL be available as a second character later, should we get that far.

Thanks for your interest!

I think my only concern now is my character's personality. Should she be a stern and devout member of the church and is basically lawful good. (what i'm more leaning towards and is easily able to create conflict among other characters not under the church). Or should she be a little bit more easy going. Either on the kind/accepting-of-all-things or more down to earth. I don't know what all a person has to go through to be selected to be a mage. That might help me decide as well.

I think my only concern now is my character's personality. Should she be a stern and devout member of the church and is basically lawful good. (what i'm more leaning towards and is easily able to create conflict among other characters not under the church). Or should she be a little bit more easy going. Either on the kind/accepting-of-all-things or more down to earth. I don't know what all a person has to go through to be selected to be a mage. That might help me decide as well.

Basically, Magic was once everywhere. everyone had it.

Elves were Immortal
Humans were insanely strong
Dwarves could manipulate solid rock and build things that would be impossible today.

War of Cinders blew everything up, and like, 99% of magic was lost. Elves ain't immortal (No one knows about the Lumen) Humans are Mr Average and Dwarves have to use hammers and chisels like god damn philistines.

However, sometimes - rarely. Very rarely - someone will be born with a...spark. Nothing more. Perhaps, with great concentration they can move a empty jar a few inches. Or create a splurt of flame between their fingers. That's all they'd be capable of usually, but if they get picked up by the Church (It's a choice, they don't steal you from your crib) you can learn the discipline to control it. Still weak as hell, but you don't have to lie down for an hour after moving the jar anymore. And then, well.

The God you choose provides the battery power.

And you're away!

Yep, not gonna be ready tonight. There's a link to the Lore Page now along with everything else on the introduction. Info on the Church, Magic and Elves is there. Everything else will be done when I have time.

CS and OOC in a day or two. <3

Avari Avari got a question about the Lumen Elves. What would happen if someone were to try and sail to about where their capital is believed to be? Would they be attacked, or what?

Edit: I mean the Va-Lumis beacon tower. What would happen if someone were to sail to the location where it's recorded, instead of trying to get there on foot?

Avari Avari got a question about the Lumen Elves. What would happen if someone were to try and sail to about where their capital is believed to be? Would they be attacked, or what?

Edit: I mean the Va-Lumis beacon tower. What would happen if someone were to sail to the location where it's recorded, instead of trying to get there on foot?
Oh yeah, and what's the staus on vampires and therianthropes? Are they a thing, limited, or what?

It doesn't matter what angle you approach the forest from, it rejects you instantly. The trees close ranks, forming an inpentrable barrier.

I know this Curch saved existence, but damnit I want to rebel against it now xD

Lycanthropy and Vampirism came from Myrkul's realm. The condition is significantly more feral than most fantasy worlds. Werewolves have a taste for flesh even as humans, and Vampires are mindless, blood crazed creatures.

Lycanthropy and Vampirism came from Myrkul's realm. The condition is significantly more feral than most fantasy worlds. Werewolves have a taste for flesh even as humans, and Vampires are mindless, blood crazed creatures.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say any liches are long dead, if they ever existed at all.

There's now a salespitch for Dwarves in the Lore section.

EDIT

S'all done. For now :3

Last edited:
I've got a few questions.
How easy is it for non-Lumen elves to enter the forest? I know that a lot of them go when they hear the calling but would some still be rejected by the forest?
Also, what types of elven artefacts are in the Wetlands? If there are weapons, do they still work (or are some of them even imbued with magic)? Would the artefacts sell for a high price? Lastly, does every race speak the same language?

Just wondering if I could create a slightly deranged elf that escapes the Wetlands to Alcamoth after meeting a trader on the very edge of the Wetlands.

I've got a few questions.
How easy is it for non-Lumen elves to enter the forest? I know that a lot of them go when they hear the calling but would some still be rejected by the forest?
Also, what types of elven artefacts are in the Wetlands? If there are weapons, do they still work (or are some of them even imbued with magic)? Would the artefacts sell for a high price? Lastly, does every race speak the same language?

Just wondering if I could create a slightly deranged elf that escapes the Wetlands to Alcamoth after meeting a trader on the very edge of the Wetlands.

So, if you look at the map you'll notice a town near the forest called Arcanlux. This town basically sprung up as an outpost for Elves trying to enter the forest.

Some can't even enter, the trees close ranks.
Some walk around the forest for days or weeks, and inevitably find themselves back at the entrance.
Some never return.

Arcanlux is the only real "elvish" town left, since it's basically full if Elves and half Elves trying to get into the forest. Some people spend months and years trying.

The Wetlands holds ancient elvish ruins. They're deep inside, and no one knows if there's anything of value or not, since it's just such a deadly area. It would require a lot of planning and resources to mount an expedition.

The artifacts would sell for a fortune if they existed. How useful they are as weapons remains to be seen. Magic ain't what it was.

Every race speaks the same language, it's just ancient Elven and Dwarven dialects that are dying out. Kinda like Latin. The Lumen keep Elvish alive, and players are welcome to create a Elvish/Dwarvish word for hello/thanks/goodbye etc

It would honestly be very unlikely that the elf could be "from" the wetlands. He might have attempted to get to the ruins after being rejected by the forest and failed. That's why he's in Alcamoth, trying to prepare an actual expedition or some such.

Could still be a lil' crazy hahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back