• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Inter-dimensional Tale (RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Chapter 1
  • Troldmand

Your Bizarre Acquaintance
    Roleplay Type(s)
    They were breaking through the fabric of our earth to see a new one. Once upon a time, they performed a ritual; cast a Mark on their souls; vowed to reach the Wastes should they fall out of favour with their origins. Their souls were now free, albeit chained still to plights and gripes of human body – cold, fright and worry. Their teeth chattered with the cold as they drifted through a fathomless abyss immobile and alone, and shuddered at the thought of this cosmic voyage being “the promised Paradise” itself, in all its ironic glory. Indeed, what they eavesdropped on resonated with a haven for all beings and doings Arcane – passed on through the word of a commoner – but what they bore witness to could seem akin to Paradise only to a chap they’d consider disturbed, if not sadistic. Not to mention they could not move a muscle -- almost a bad case of sleep paralysis. Yet still, this circumstance persisted and no light at the end of the tunnel brightened their misery until a lucid voice disturbed their subconscious.

"Cast aside your fears, my dear sage," said the Voice. "We feel your presence in the realm of Arcane. You need not worry, as you have made the grade against all odds. Lay dormant now, and you will wake up in your new... home, [ Sarathryn Sarathryn , see Spoiler]" the Voice let out a sudden snicker and dissolved as it took shape -- an abrupt standstill and a confused gaze on ethereal faces of ascending souls.

A flash of light blinded all a moment later; a herald of triumph and breaker of the blasphemous monotony of existence beyond life and afterlife they all were subjected to against their will. In a flash they felt merry; they found comfort being bathed in a chambré shine as they assumed a corporeal shell; a new and unscathed body. Cosmos be damned, this sense of tranquillity vanished as soon as they could twitch and thrash -- their bodies as real now as their sense of self -- and gave way to a thorough slumber.
    An eternity had just passed, it seemed. Each one of them -- and there was five -- breathed in as if about to choke on a mouthful of tea. Vision came to them a few seconds later -- and so did other senses -- only for them to find themselves confined in frigid coffins sealed in such a way as to merit the use of their spells. Come to think of it, what a crackpot would stuff a sage into a coffin? What for? To see poor lads and lasses suffocate and die and in the realm of the dead? Questions, questions. Tis a realm of wonders, no less.

"You, my dear Paovun, I beg to seek out a dame named Ewa Mazur. You tore your soul out of your body with your own hands to see this earth; I admire your enthusiasm, if you will, and wish to see your skills made use of in the right place, at the right time, for the right cause. Do not brush off my offer lightly."

Tags:
    Noble Scion Noble Scion The Mechanist The Mechanist wafflegirl wafflegirl Sarathryn Sarathryn myst.erion myst.erion

Last edited:
    Back