• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Inter-dimensional Tale

Troldmand

Your Bizarre Acquaintance
Roleplay Type(s)
What comes to mind when you put on a lucky charm? Do you believe in Sunday morning prayers? Does being cursed seem like childish mumbling? Do superstitions strike a chord? So many questions, so many answers with just one thing in common -- we all have faith in something. Be it scientific reason, Protestant teachings or Vodun cosmology, we all consider it an absolute truth; a safety net to fall back on should we find ourselves at odds; a means to justify our everyday creed. For some, this faith also serves as a tool; a weapon; a way to do good or evil and stay off the radar. These people go beyond having faith and reap the benefits it has to offer.
Those tales of monks performing miracles in their abbeys; witches conjuring something up in an abandoned house; volkhvs conducting their rituals amid the night -- those are not fairy tales for children, promotional material for TV channels or nightmare fuel for horror enthusiasts. They are real, all of them, down to talismans having healing properties. We live in a society oblivious to and sceptical of what might be taking place when the Witching hour arrives; a society where having faith is as far as an ordinary chap is allowed to venture.
It's why, among those who ostracized themselves to exploit their faith, there's a widespread rumour of a parallel dimension fashioned by and for them; a haven to retreat to and study magic to the hilt. You caught wind of it, you believed in it, and you found a way to enter it. Unfortunately for you, there are no friends on the other side.

That'd be the excessively worded synopsis. In short, you and a group of other self-taught magic practitioners catch wind of a dimension created by and for people with a keen interest in magic and all things magical. You channel yourself there expecting a place you could call home and study magic in -- secluded from the increasingly hostile realm of the living -- but stumble on a dimension ravaged by meritocratic rule carried over from the realm you thought you escaped by your predecessors. With no way back, you step forward in hopes to find your way around this new and mean reality.

Magic here is not suited for combat; it's more of a tool to achieve your long-term objectives. Curses, miracles, hexes, mojos -- spells that affect your life over time. You can be a self-proclaimed Celtic druid, or a West African Vodun enthusiast, or just a curious no-one who learned a spell or two from the Internet and realized it actually does what it's supposed to. Or, you might've been banished here forcefully or accidentally by some ill-intentioned sage. Either way, once you enter this dimension, you can't go back, seeing as back there you're already dead.

If you're interested and/or have any questions, please feel free to write them down below. I will respond as soon as I'm able to. I'm looking for 4-5 players max, but if you can and are willing to co-GM, I might bring in a few more seats. That is, if this little prompt will get any traction at all.

Tags:
Noble Scion Noble Scion

Sweet! Welcome aboard you all!
I'll put together a Character Sheet this evening or tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!

Noble Scion Noble Scion The Mechanist The Mechanist wafflegirl wafflegirl Sarathryn Sarathryn myst.erion myst.erion

Apologies everybody! Had too many things to take care of. The opening post will be up tomorrow at 4:00 PM GMT. Alas!
I've got the script locked and loaded -- there's something to do for everybody -- but I'm way too tired to scribble the first post. Thank my Bank for leaving me with no other choice but to drive around the city to fetch all the paperwork. :yakuza2:

Troldmand Troldmand heyo :3 just wondering if the rp is gonna be started soon? im awarw of the time you've set, but i just wanted to make sure it was on track~ its currently 1:30am here [Oz] and i dont know if i can hold out much longer 😂 but if I had a reason~

I'm going to wait for another to respond first, as I'm still composing a response and haven't had much time due to work, ahhhh. I'm US Central Time, working usually 11-8 eeveery day

I'm going to wait for another to respond first, as I'm still composing a response and haven't had much time due to work, ahhhh. I'm US Central Time, working usually 11-8 eeveery day

It's totally fine! I mean, I had to postpone the entire RP due to my job. We're in the same league here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back