• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern INSYLUM

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Welcome to the Carlsbad County Schizophrenia Annex.

You may not remember why you're here. And that's okay, we're going to help you. You'll receive the best psychiatric care we can provide. There will be Group Therapy every day, you'll get some TV time and some relaxing arts & crafts. If you need some extra time with a therapist, you only have to say the word. Don't worry. We'll help you remember. We'll help you confront what happened, and overcome your issues.

But it's late now. Let's show you to Ward 23, where you'll be staying. I'm afraid we've got quite a strict lights out policy.

...and the lights go out and the clock strikes midnight strikes thirteen the bell tolls tolls thirteen times in the hour between midnight and twelve oh one and the doors the doors open every room of Ward 23 the doors open and THE DOOR opens THE WAY is revealed in a childish chalk outline in a gaping maw of mahogany teeth in a trapdoor the WAY into the Night World into The Clock Factory into The Whisper Labyrinth into the Castle where twin suns sink behind the lake and

No one will believe you

The Location

Built circa 1897, the Carlsbad County Schizophrenia Annex has been renovated, rebuilt, and added to so much it's barely recognizable from where it was. A well-kept garden for guests and visitors sits alongside a dusty exercise yard like something from State Pen. Modern prefab offices sit in the shadow of baroque nineteenth century architecture. Grimy brickwork storage rooms hide behind clean white facades.
Parts of the asylum are just locked off - too old, too unsafe.

It's got all the facilities you'd expect - the garden, the yard, the kitchens and pantries, the canteen, offices, therapy rooms, wards, closets, maintenance tunnels. Most of the old wards and offices are in the main building, a slightly mismatched hulk of stone, brick, and sun-bleached gargoyles. The prefabs mostly contain breezy, open rooms where visiting family might on occasion be housed, or where day-patients receive counselling.

But we're concerned about the patients. The ones in Ward 23.

The Quest

You don't remember why you're here.

You don't feel crazy. You don't act crazy, do you?

But you remember... nothing. Someone - family, friends, your doctor - must have signed you in here. For good reason, right?

Hopefully, while here, you can recover your memories...

Caveats

This is a horror game. Graphic and disturbing imagery or situations are very likely.

Rules

I will not tolerate insensitivity toward the mentally ill OOC.

Strong language is acceptable.

I prefer a well-executed single-line post to a wall of meandering text.

Six players maximum. Post below if you're interested, and please be aware your characters will have amnesia which prohibits a typical character sheet - we'll deal with that if we have a quorum.

I believe Meredith Meredith and Lemon Boy Lemon Boy may be interested.

I'm a little confused on exactly what kind of character I am making, do they actually have schizophrenia or are just amnesiac and what Lucidity/Vitality/Memory mean in this Rps context

Your character is definitely amnesiac. Any other diagnoses are at your discretion.
Memory represents your progress toward recovering your memories.
Lucidity represents your capacity for psychological stress.
Vitality represents your capacity for physical stress.
These things are not an immediate concern as you can't change them now, and they won't come up for a little while.

Your character is definitely amnesiac. Any other diagnoses are at your discretion.
Memory represents your progress toward recovering your memories.
Lucidity represents your capacity for psychological stress.
Vitality represents your capacity for physical stress.
These things are not an immediate concern as you can't change them now, and they won't come up for a little while.
Can I give my character other mental/physical illnesses?

There's now an OOC thread linked to the character thread.

Looking forward to seeing what hooks people come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back