• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Inspired by The Dragon Prince (An elf x human RP) — Closed

Bergamot

l'illusionniste
Hello!

If you’ve never seen Netflix’s The Dragon Prince, no worries. What inspired me were the human-elf dynamics in the show — namely that neither group thinks much of the other. I’d like to tell a story with someone about an elf and a human (romantic potential is there if the characters are compatible).

The Idea
The Wildwood*, an enormous enchanted forest, divides the lands of the elves and the lands of the humans. As long as both sides respect the boundary, the forest provides — game, medicine, resources. When either side trespasses, the forest takes away. Tensions rise when parts of the forest die. Both sides immediately blame each other, but as soon as new growth sprouts, everyone settles down. In the past year, however, large portions of the forest have decayed. Pristine pools are dry or polluted. Game is scarce. Fruit is poisonous. And the forest shows no sign of improvement. War is imminent if things continue as they are.

*This is the generic name I use as a placeholder for magical forests. I’m happy to brainstorm other names with my partner if this sounds too cheeseball.

Characters
I’m looking for a partner who’d like to discuss ideas for our characters — are they both elite in their class (royal, even), sent to patrol what they believe is their half of the forest, and clash when they meet? Is one knowingly poaching beyond their territory, and caught by the other, a trained assassin or soldier? Is one simply lost in the wood when they happen across the other, stunned because it’s the first time they’ve seen someone of their kind and they’re nothing like they expected? The possibilities are endless, so let’s dicuss so we’re both happy playing our main characters!

Whatever combination we choose, I’d like for circumstances to keep the characters together long enough for them to realize they’ve both been wrong about the other, and to maybe get to the bottom of why the forest is dying.

If romance is involved, I’d prefer a hetero pairing. Non-hetero and non-binary characters are welcome as side characters and certainly exist in this world, but I’m most comfortable role playing a straight cis-gender male or female character. Would also prefer characters be 21+.

Partner Preferences
1. I’d like to see a solid effort from my partner (help with brainstorming ideas and polished posts)
2. Patience or an easy-going pace (1-2 IC posts per week)
3. Comfort using RPN threads for the RP
4. Quality over quantity, always

Phew! That was a lot. Hope at least one of you is still with me! If you’re interested and think we’ll work well together, please let me know what character combination(s) interest you most. Feel free to post below or send me a PM. And if you have any questions, fire away!

—Mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back