• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Inner Demon | Arc #1: The Mutants

Camilo Winced slightly after punching Jackie in the stomach, but he tried his best to hide it. He wouldn’t let his slight weakness stop him now. He was focused on. beating the crap out of Jackie, nothing more mattered. Though, Camilo looked as everyone else started to try and stop the situation between the two, but he ignored most of them apart from Octavia. “Not anymore” He simply replied then moved back as Jackie punched him in the face.

“Low blow, i was distracted “ Camilo spat as a tint of blood came from his mouth, though spotting the next hit Camilo tried to take it to his advantage and hit him in the side.

Roy was getting annoyed that them two are fighting like Little Children and Decided to intervene again. Suddenly he Stepped between the both of them and Slammed their Heads Together Anooyed, but is face Seemed Calmed."Now will you to quit it, You both Act like little Children fighting over some Stupid Toy or A game."Roy said sounding annoyed. Emiru looked at roy and sighed."Roy you shouldn't had said that, This might bring the fight to go on longer."Emiru warned. Roy sighed."Well, They shouldn't had fight in front of girls and been rude that is not nice."He said.

I watched the fight stumped. I had no idea what'd started this, but I sure hoped I'd see it end-- and soon. Everything's crazy all of a sudden I said to myself. I looked towards Roy, scolding the two. My hope for this situation getting better was dead, so I decided to stay out of it. I chuckled to myself quietly, before Emiru started chiming in.

Jackie had gotten his punch and then looked towards Octavia as she bounded over and tried to get them to stop. He looked back towards Camilo just as his fist collided with his side. He stumbled backwards and coughed but grinned while noticing the hint of blood coming from the older boy's mouth. He wanted to keep going, he knew he could beat the shit of Camilo with him already getting bloody, but Octavia had arrived. The whole reason he had come over was because of her. So that she could feel better, so that she could know that none of it had been her fault. So, he didn't go in for another punch. He was still grinning, like he had won the match. Though, he gazed angrily when Roy got involved. He rubbed his head but didn't say anything.

He looked over towards Octavia while huffing and gestured with his hand for her to take the lead. He was grinning like an idiot now. He had won. Maybe not with the fight, but Camilo still had to confront Octavia.

The anxious girl looked at Jackie and then back to Camilo, who didn't seem to want to finish this in peace. "It didn't have to go this far, I planned to talk to Camilo tomorrow and give him a text as well, I wanted to give him some space." She explained. "Jackie, you could've talked to me if you had any worries. I don't know if this sounds cheesy but you guys are both my friends god damnit. I hate seeing you like this." She said in a sad but slightly angry tone, hoping they would listen.

After that she felt like running away or just crying, she wondered if they just found this as an opportunity to get into a fight. Depending on how things escalated she wondered how much longer she would tolerate the situation and the two boys. She felt scared and even more guilty than before.

Camilo shot a cold glance at Roy as he jumped in getting involved with the situation by smashing there heads together. “Do you want punched too?” He said angrily at the boy trying not to rub his head. He turned back to Jackie as Octavia talked to the two. Though he wouldn’t listen all that much, he just wanted to get out of here. Though as she was done he lifted a hand to his chin and rubbed it with his wrist “Yeh, whatever “ He muttered then lowered it.

That was when his bandages fell off revealing the burn marks which revealed the reason the situation started in the first place.

Jackie turned and listened more towards Octavia, but he couldn't ignore how Camilo yelled at Roy. It made him slightly angry with how ill-tempered Camilo was, but he wasn't going to speak out with Octavia essentially scolding the both of them like they were five year olds fighting over the swings. Though, he did send him a nasty look, one that he sent over to Roy as well, but he softened it. Roy had only been trying to help so he made it seem more like he was joking. Still, he hadn't appreciated getting his head bashed into Camilo's.

'We're not friends. They're just some classmates. Not like any of them matter.' His inner voice responded in his head. The voice was trying to make him believe that as a sort of defense mechanism. Keep people at arm's length and you'd never really get hurt. It was his sky-high walls getting in the way again. Though, he had enjoyed their brief hang out. He would've liked to actually go out, but with his actions, he probably wouldn't be wanted anymore. He was the real dumbass here. Great, now he was feeling guilty for his reckless actions. "Sorry." He said, apologizing to Octavia for his stupid ideas. He had lost his grin and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. He couldn't be a friend to all of them with his behavior. This proved it.

He shot Camilo an angry glare at his snippy response, but he couldn't last. He lowered his gaze, but not in time as he noticed the bandages slipping off Camilo's hands. He didn't say anything and instead stared at the wounds. He felt sorry, but not for what he had done to the guy. The smug jerk deserved every punch he had landed on him, at least that's what Jackie thought. He hadn't put two and two together that that's why Camilo had reacted the way he did. Though, he knew what those kinds of wounds felt like. Not burn ones, but he had received some various different ones from people who he hadn't expected it from. He briefly wondered if Camilo had a terrible home life. Maybe that's why the jerk was so moody and why he decided to do a stupid thing like smoking. He shot it down. He didn't want to feel sympathetic for him or justify his actions. He had spent too much time rationalizing terrible behavior like that as normal..or that the actions were because of something he did. Also, he kind of felt like he didn't want to be anything like Camilo.

Kiva watches as Octavia finally manage to finally soothe the savage beasts....or at least get them to stop fighting for the time being. It was clear that there was intense animosity between the two, and it didn't look like it took much to set either of them off. That's why she didn't feel completely safe. Her heart was racing as she hoped things wouldn't escalate again.

What shocked her even more was when Camilo's bandages fell off, revealing burn marks. Kiva's eyes widened in worry as she couldn't even begin to imagine where they could've come from. She wanted to help him, but she was terrified of him after he had lashed out at her. She had aspirations of becoming a nurse, but she didn't have the bravery to step towards either of the combatants. Additionally, she felt the need to thank Octavia for succeeding in stopping the fight. "Thank you." She said to the girl who looked like she was uneasy as well after seeing her friends fight each other. "I-If they want, I could....I could tend to their wounds, but if they don't, I understand. I don't want to make anyone angry again. I just...I just want to help and be useful somehow."

Octavia sighed. "It's alright." She told Jackie who seemed to be sincere. But it would take a while for her to look at them the same, her anxiety hadn't left her completely yet. She was still unsure how Camilo felt too when suddenly his bandages fell off his hands revealing burn marks. Surprised, Octavia took a step closer towards him to have a better look. "What happened to you?" She asked without thinking.

Her attention turned to Kiva, snapping her out of her thoughts, who thanked her for managing to stop them. Poor girl seemed so nervous, Octavia gave her a reassuring nod, "If they don't mind then yes, we should wait for things to cool down first though." She said, since they both seemed to not have completely calmed down yet. The fact that they treated Kiva and the others like this didn't sit well with Octavia, she would've scolded them more if not for the current turn of events. She looked back to Camilo, "How did you get these?" She pointed to his burns. Knowing him, he probably didn't want to talk about it but she had to try. It could end up clearing some things up.

Camilo placed is other hand gently on his wrist as he shifted his attention between everyone as they now knew his secret. He first turned his attention to Jackie who didn’t seem to say anything, though his eyes seemed to say how he felt. He then looked to Kiva who offered to fix them. Though Camilo shot her a cold gaze “I don’t need your help” He muttered though he was grateful for the offer. He didn’t comment on how she wanted to help. It was her choice if she wanted to try but Camilo wouldn’t allow it, not with him anyway.

After Kiva spoke Camilo looked to Octavia. “It’s nothing to do with you what happened to me” He told her firmly then looked away as she spoke to Kiva, maybe this was his chance to get out of here?” He wondered then looked as she asked another question, though he wouldn’t reply to that.

I sat there a bit awkward about everything that'd just happened. I looked around and realized today's plans were out the window. "Uh, well I hope you're okay." I said, trying to be polite. I looked towards Olivia, hoping she had something a bit more useful to say. With powers on the back of my mind, I suddenly hatched a nefarious plan. Huh, that could be a good idea! I said to myself, with something that wasn't a good idea at all. Focusing back on the situation before me, I continued. "I wonder how the professor feels about us looking on the bright side of what happened, huh?" I said out loud on accident, my mind drifting farther away from the insanity that'd happened. "Oh, and Jackie, are you okay?" I asked, realizing any discussion would be rude without having tended to the injured people fresh out of the proverbial ring. My mind quickly drifted away, and this was just obvious enough you could tell, but not clear enough to be accused of it.

Octavia looked away in disappointment, she knew how Camilo would react to her questions but it didn't help the situation. "I don't like prying into other people's personal problems, you don't have to tell us if you don't want to. But if you feel like talking about it we're open to it." She felt bad for bringing him in a tough spot but she couldn't completely drop it now that it happened.

She heard Rowan blurt out something about the professor and their abilities, she looked at him with a confused-dumb expression "What does that have to do with anything right now?" Her opinion on their abilities was currently unclear, sure they had their pluses but were they enough?

Jackie glanced at Camilo with a glare at how he was reacting to everyone. One or two punches still hadn't beaten the idea into his brain. It got him a little irritated, but he wasn't just going to go punch the guy again. Not with everyone around. It'd only escalate things. And besides, Octavia seemed like she'd be able to manage. She'd probably get super pissed if he interfered with another punch now. Especially with how she had scolded him. Having another person to handle things kind of made him feel more at ease. He didn't realize how much he had to rely on only himself, and it felt good to have other people there, even if he was on one of the receiving ends of the scolding. He still had a bit of anger, but he felt like half of it had melted away with the addition of everyone else.

His attention shifted over to Rowan and he raised an eyebrow at the completely unrelated comment. He got being rash and blurting out things, but that was only because of his ADHD making his brain not think things over. One of the reasons things had escalated was because of that, well that and his own personal issues. But there really wasn't any good reason for Rowan to say that stuff. He seemed way to focused on it, but then he asked if Jackie was ok. "I'm good I guess, but seriously dude?" He looked over to Kiva and made his expression softer. He realized he must've caused the new addition to the group a lot of stress and that's not at all what he had wanted. He just wanted things to be better. "I mean, I think I'm good. Although, I would'nt mind being looked over if that made ya feel better." He shrugged it off like it didn't matter and for the most part it didn't. He'd dealt with way worse before. Actual blood and stuff, but still. He felt guilty and maybe this could make things better if that's what everyone wanted. He didn't want to appear intimidating and scare them all away. His reputation did that enough for him.

Kiva felt icy daggers being shot through her from Camilo's gaze. He wasted no time declining her offer. "Okay...sorry I asked." She replied to him without an once of hostility in her words. Oddly enough, it wouldn't take her long to change her expression. The girl went from afraid to confused when Rowan came out of nowhere and asked about how the professor would feel about us being optimistic about what happened. Considering two of the people in the group were in a heated exchange moments ago, optimism wasn't very high. Kiva couldn't even think of a response to his question.

On the other hand, Jackie's response to her offer was surprisingly tame. As nonchalant as he was with his answer, he did still accept her assistance. Kiva cautiously walked up him and gently placed her hands on his side. I hope this works. She concentrated as hard as she could. After a few seconds, a light glow outlined her hands. Jackie could feel the pain from the hit he took easing away with each passing second until it was no longer there. Kiva looks at him and smiles. "There. All better." However, what wasn't so easily noticeable was the toll that was being taken on her. She was still learning what she could and couldn't do with her abilities. As she healed Jackie's pain, her own strength depleted a little. She started to feel lightheaded, but at least she was able to do something good for someone else. She wasn't sure how much further she could push herself, but she'd try given the opportunity. That's why she tried to hide her weakened state from the group.

Camilo stood starting to feel a little Awkward now he Just wanted to get away, he wanted out of there. Firstly he looked to Octavia who just wanted to help. Though Camilo didn’t reply. He just totally blanked her, he was getting tired of all this now. With Jackie, Kiva and Rowan focused on different things. Camilo took this opportunity to sneak off, get away from this all.

He doubted Octavia would attempt to stop him, he assumed she would be frustrated by now with his actions. At least that’s his be seen it. Although one thing was on his mind, his would he get home? He missed his bus with fighting Jackie so he would have to ring his brother to get him. Oh grate, this will be fun. Camilo thought as he started to walk down the path. His brother could pick him up halfway down.

Jackie watched as Kiva went up to him and put her hands on his side. This...wasn't what he was expecting. A bandage or maybe an ice pack. That's more what his mind went to. He'd have no idea where she'd get that stuff from, but maybe she had carried it to school? It sounded stupid but that's about the only thing he could think of. But it didn't matter so much to him in a few seconds when he felt the sting of pain from the blow start melting away until it was completely gone. His face looked confused but there was also a grin.

After she took her hands off, Jackie went to press his hand against it but felt no pain from the pressure. "Hey, it feels like nothing happened!" He kept pressing at it, his grin turning into a genuine smile. "Good as new, huh." He turned his head to gaze back at Kiva. "That's so cool. You're amazing. Thanks Kiva!" He really was grateful, but half of his praise was him trying to make up for what he did. He realized he must've scared her, and he wanted to make himself as less threatening as possible so that maybe things could go back to when they were good. It was the only thing he could do and, besides, he really did find the skill amazing.

Kiva watches as Jackie touches his side. She wondered if her healing had actually worked. Her hands had stopped glowing. So all she could do was watch as he checked his side. When he smiled and confirmed that he had indeed been healed, a sense of relief and happiness washed over her. Seeing that she was able to make someone else happy made her happy too. That's why when he smiled, she smiled. However, Kiva wasn't prepared to get complemented. Her eyes widened as she blushed modestly. "I'm....amazing?" She thought out loud. Considering how surprised she sounded, it was easy to tell that she wasn't used to receiving compliments. In truth, she was still adjusting to people being nice to her. Immediately, she tried to discredit herself by waving her hands in front of her. "No way. I'm not amazing at all. I'm just glad to help. I don't like seeing people hurt or unhappy. So I try my best to fix that....or at least that's what I want to do."

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious how surprised Kiva was by the compliment. Maybe because of his previous hostile actions. Or maybe she just wasn't used to it. She did say she wasn't one to be in the spotlight. Shy and quiet seemed more like her style, so the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Still, she should have more confidence in just how amazing she was.

"You sure? Cause where I'm standing it sounds and feels pretty amazing. Give yourself more credit man! No one can do what you do. Only you can, and you choose to use it to help others instead of keeping it to yourself. If that doesn't make you an amazing person than I don't know what does." He smiled. "Besides that, you're doing something that makes you happy which is just as amazing."

Jackie's words almost sounded like a foreign language to Kiva at first. This had to be some elaborate prank, right? There was no way that someone would compliment her without an ulterior motive. That's it! Her gifts. That was what got her attention. No one actually cared about Kiva. They were just caught off-guard by what she could do. Right? Yeah.....but what if that isn't the case? Something about it felt different. Is this...friendship?

"I....umm..." Kiva's face turns red. Jackie had made a few great points with his statements. She covers her face with her hands. "Th-thank you...I need a moment to process this. The spotlight scares me."

Jackie smiled at Kiva. He was glad she was accepting the comment and that maybe she'd have more self-confidence after hearing that. He doubted it. For some reason, maybe because of his background, he'd learned how little his words actually affected anything. I mean, just look at the situation before, he made everything worse. Maybe that's why he turned towards fist fights to solve his problems. Because his words held barely any weight, not able to change anything. It felt good to be able to help with his words. Now that things were calmer, he started feeling the way he did before. Happy to have people to hang out with who didn't mind him sticking around. Hopefully he hadn't royally screwed that up.

"Sorry. Take your time." He turned away from Kiva, thinking maybe it'd help her feel more comfortable if he wasn't staring at her. Maybe he was just intimidating her because of how aggressive he had been, even though he was probably the smallest out of all the guys here. He really hoped that wasn't the case and that it was just her being in the spotlight that was causing her to be embarrassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back