• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Inner Demon | Arc #1: The Mutants

As the bell finally made a sound Octavia and the rest of the class picked up their bags, making their way out of the classroom but without a clear destination in mind. Usually they’d hang out or just go home but the atmosphere still felt off, the events of that day hadn’t quite left their minds yet, it had only been a few days since then after all.

Octavia felt the changes in her body but didn’t know how to deal with them, there had been a lot of instances where she felt great shock waves but didn’t suffer their pain. In fact she didn’t feel physical pain as much as she was supposed to. Her body had become sharper in a way. She just hoped they didn’t end up making her life harder. She thought about it too much, it wasn’t like her to worry that bad about herself. But she didn’t bring anything related to that topic up in any conversation in an attempt to take her mind off it.

“Do you guys have any plans for today?” she asked her classmates. “I haven’t gone out in a while.” maybe it would help the others as well to just hang out?

"Not really," I said. I was feeling similarly. I also wanted to dance around the subject, but I knew for sure that I'd have to deal with it one day. I paused awkwardly, clearly trying to think of something to say, before giving up. I looked around at the other students. "Everyone else seems normal... maybe It was just a dream..." I muttered, trying to convince myself. I gave up on that too.

Emiru was glad when the bell had rang, She grabs her stuff and put them in her bag. Since those few days after the incident, Emiru has been Wondering Why in the first place, she has gone to class and become a mutant, things has been peaking her own Curiosity lately and Also she's wondering if this counts her as a freak or as a Superheroine. But she's been having fun making ice sculptures for fun. She has been Getting used to her newfound, Weirdness (*Coughs* Powers *Coughs*) She Sees Olivia and Rowan."Hey Olivia! Hey Rowan!"She sad happily. She was happy to see them and She walked up to them.

Camilo was sat at the back of the class with his feet placed on the table and the chair slightly leaned back. After the events of that class the other week his body had felt weird, his hands had been feeling like they where burning so he had wrapped them with bandages slightly scared of what was happening with his body. But he wouldn’t show this fear to his class mates. As the bell rang Camilo had not got up from his seat quiet yet as his cell phone had rang. It was a message from his brother telling him he didnt need to wait for him after school. So Camilo was up for anything.

After placing his cell into his pocket he turned his attention to Octavia who had posed a question to the class. “Hm well Apparently I am free now” He said pushing himself up and walked towards the group. Rowan seemed free too, though Camilo noticed Emiru hadn’t mentioned if she was she just seemed happy just to see everyone. Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Henery Henery AbyssFlower AbyssFlower

"Hey, Emiru. Olivia, Camilo, and I are doing something, I guess." I said with a shocking amount of enthusiasm, though that wasn't much. "So, Camilio, have you... figured it out yet?" I said, still awkwardly dancing around the subject of our powers, but getting closer than normal. "I think I'm getting the hang of it..." I trailed off, hoping somebody else would take away the crushing responsibility to speak.

Jackie was glad when the bell rang. He wasn't a fan of school. Paying attention was hard and nothing seemed to interest him. Though, anywhere was better than home he guessed. And after what had happened, school seemed a little more fun to him. More interesting at least. Everyone seemed gloomy and out of sorts since the incident, but Jackie was practically beaming even if his eyes were etched in dark circles from trying to figure out how to make that shadowy cat appear again. It came and went but just feeling its presence made Jackie feel like he wasn't so alone anymore. He had no idea where the thing came from. It just appeared when he was in trouble and needing some help and then soon enough vanished. It had appeared once or twice again, which left him exhausted somehow and passed out on the sidewalk one day, though he never knew where it went and where it came from. A possibility could be hallucination. Could be a symptom of his irritating ADHD, though he had never heard of it making people hallucinate. He was just searching for answers. Having powers from what happened in class was the least of what he was thinking. It was probably just him being weird as usual, as none of the other kids showed signs of being affected. Right, just him getting lost in his distracting fantasies.

He absentmindedly packed up his bag and slung it over his right shoulder. He had been too lost in thought to realize his classmates talking about hanging out. He didn't know what to do. On one hand, he really didn't want to go home, and he probably wouldn't until late at night, so he was completely free. On the other hand, did anyone really want him around? Well, of course they did, he was the entertainment after all, guaranteed to make any hangout fun or his name wasn't Jackie Matthews. That's what his inner voice, his protection, told him. Though, he did want to figure out what was up with that shadowy black cat. It'd just have to wait. Unless, of course, it showed up. That would be the best thing ever! If it really was real that is.

Jackie trailed the group and pretended to be walking out while trying to get the details of the hangout. Though, he wasn't the best stalker, and it was pretty easy to what he was doing with the smile and playful gleam in his eyes. 'Not stalking!' His mind told himself indignantly. He just needed to find out what was going on and if he was even wanted.

Camilo huffed a little at all the enthusiasm that was going on around him, he wasn’t one who showed much of it or enjoyed being around it. But he had gotten used to it being around his class mates. He jumped for a moment as Rowan had turned to speak to him asking about it he had gotten used to his powers. Though he shifted his attention slightly to his bandaged hands. “Uhh, yeh whatever” He mumbled trying to avoid the question. After that he placed a hand in his pocket rummaging around of a cigarette he would light it when they left and got outside.

After that Camilo turned his attention to Jackie noticing him acting a little odd, he wasn’t sure if he was trying to avoid the group or not so Camilo decide to say something “Yo man you ok?” he said then looked back to Rowan. “Oh forgot to ask, what is your you know dude?” He was curious since he felt he was the only one hurt by his own.
AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf Henery Henery

Emiru looked at them in confusion and Sighed."i was going to go home and Start doing some fun activities with my siblings."She said. She sees Jason and Waved."Hi!"She said happily. Emiru is still greeting everyone happily and she noticed that rowan was avoiding the subject of powers, She felt that he didn't want to talk about it, but now Camilo was asking about his powers, so she eavesdropped on this, but also Accidentally Lowering the temperature as the ice started forming slowly around the group.

"Yup, doin just fine thank you." Jackie said with sly enthusiasm. The group didn't seem to mind his sneaky intrusion into their affairs. Either he was really good at hiding his true intentions or they just didn't pay any mind to his appearance. He personally considered himself very sneaky considering the pranks and small misdemeanors he pulled but it was really just the second option. They didn't seem to be mind that he was following them which made him happy even if he wasn't realizing it.

Things got chilly and he wondered what hell the school was doing with the air conditioners. Did they want the school to become a meat locker after hours or something? He dismissed it as he wasn't realizing the subtle hints of powers among the group. How things got icy and chilly, and how the two other boys were beating around the power bush. He was too busy trying to integrate himself into the group that he didn't take notice with him being too distracted in his own affairs. Though, it seemed like things might've been spiraling apart with Emiru just trying to go home. Well, maybe the others still wanted to hang out. He'd stick around in case the others still wanted to do something.

I realized the situation I'd put Camilo in, and felt even more awkward. I tried to think of a polite end to the conversation, but just stuttered something unintelligible. I noticed Jackie, and turned towards him. "Hey." I said so quietly it was barely audible. "Boy it's chilly today..." I said. "Well, have fun Emiru." I said. I was sad to see her go, but honestly happy that there was less reason to continue giving awkward response. I turned towards Jackie. "Hey, uh, Olivia and Camilo are doing a thing, are you interested?" I said, trying to remove myself from attention via the wording.

Camilo sighed as Rowan stuttered and said something, though he didnt quiet catch it so he shifted his attention back to his hands as one of the bandages where loose. He quickly fixed it, though he winced as pulling it a little tight rubbed against the marks. After that he looked back to to Jackie as he said he was doing just fine. “Thats good“ He then added as Emiru swooped in to say hi. He was slightly thankful as the other bandage was now feeling loose. Camilo quickly turned his back to fix this one. Although he had a slightly larger wound on this hand, so as he pulled it tighter trying to fix it. Camilo would let out a small yelp before he turned back to the others and gritted his teeth. He looked back to Rowan and nodded “Uh huh” He then just added.

"I could Delay some time, My siblings won't mind, i could hang out a bit with you guys."Emiru said. the cold Feeling was disappearing, as the ice was Melting, but there was some noticeable Frost on her hair but she didn't know. She smiled at the and notices Camillo's bandages were coming loose but didn't say anything."I have a question, Does anyone regret going to that classroom a Week ago?"She asked sounding concerned. She was serious about this and boy this is the first time she sounded serious about something.

Jackie gave a slight wave in response to Rowan's acknowledgement of him. The super chill atmosphere was something he liked. He wasn't being talkative because of trying to slip into the group while trying not to draw much attention to himself. A silent participant in the planning of the hangout. Though, he got much less silent when Rowan started talking to him again, asking about if he'd be interested in going. He tried to downplay how super excited and happy he was feeling that they actually wanted him, but he wasn't doing a good job with the twinkle moving across his eyes and the wide grin dancing upon his lips. His pleasure was made more obvious when Camilo gave a small approval to his joining.

"Alright!" He cleared his throat in trying to play it off and continued on with a tone that was him trying to play it cool. "I'll join you guys. So, what are you thinking of doing?"

He didn't notice how Rowan was trying to exclude himself through the wording of his sentence. It was such a small detail that he would've never noticed much less with excitement over being welcomed. His attention shifted when Emiru spoke up. "Eh, nah. That was probably the most fun I've ever had going to class. It's so borrrrinnnng at this school. Little more lively that day, y'know?" He was trying to make light of the situation and generally felt happy about the little cat that had shown up ever since that day. He briefly wondered if the events were correlated since it happened after the incident. Whatever. Right now, he got to have fun actually hanging out with people instead of getting into fights.

"I dunno. I guess... Maybe? I mean, what harm could it do? As long as the professor is wrong... Right?" I said uncomfortably. "So, what are we going to do?" I asked, conspicuously changing the subject. I looked towards Olivia, who'd suggested it in the first place. Emiru's going to stuff with her siblings... That'd be nice... I thought, before trailing off. "Oh man, I'm going to need to sit down, I've got a nasty headache." I found the nearest bench and sat down. I wasn't lying. I clutched my head and shook it off. "Whew!"

Octavia glanced at Camilo worryingly then turned to Emiru, her question threw her back a little, she didn't expect to hear it coming from her. "Well, it hasn't done me any good thus far. I'm not completely sure to be honest." She looked down. Noticing Rowan glancing at her she spoke up again to change the subject. "I was thinking of going for a walk and maybe getting something to drink or eat. Unless you guys have any other ideas." As soon as she spoke her attention was suddenly on Rowan in pain, "Are you alright?" She asked and walked closer to him. She hoped it wasn't the side effects.

"I'm fine." I grunted, the headache subsiding. Ugh! Doesn't anybody else deal with this? I thought angrily. "Anywho..." I trailed off, returning to normality. I suffered this sort of this a lot, though I didn't know the cause. I just drank water whenever It happened.

She sighed, "You two seem to be affected even more than me." She pointed with her thumb towards Camilo. She felt worried about them but didn't know how to deal with the situation other than waiting it out. "I've been feeling like electricity is running through my body. If that makes any sense at all." She put her hands in her pockets in a slightly annoyed manner.

Camilo had noticed the ice and had shivered slightly, though he didn’t comment on it. The way he seen it is he could have done something about it, but didn’t. After the cold of the ice begun to disappear, Camilo huffed at Emiru’s question “Yeh, I do” He muttered, if he didn’t go he wouldn’t be burning his skin trying to learn his power properly. Though after saying that he looked towards Jackie who sounded to have a whale of a time in that class. Camilo hated those lessons anyway, so it didn’t exactly matter if he regretted it or not.

After pondering about the class, Camilo looked towards Rowan whome to be getting a headache. Though as he walked over Octavia had gotten to him first. “Uh, maybe see a doctor get some pills?” He mentioned trying to give advice. Though he couldn’t talk, Camilo hadn’t gone himself. After that he raised a brow “I don’t know what your talking about “ He mumbled avoiding the question.

Though something did perk his interest. “Well, can you charge my cell?” He asked Octavia handing his phone to her.

Octavia gave Camilo a glare which then turned into a look of realisation. Having the ability to do something like that would indeed be beneficial, but certainly not achievable right now. "I could try, but I can't promise your safety or your phone's." She stuck her tongue out playfully.

"Oh by the way if you need water or anything I can go get you some." She told Rowan in case it got worse.

Jackie gave a giggle. "Hey, look, it's the human phone charger." He added in his little playful comment before looking towards Rowan and flashing him a look of sympathy. He remembered how his head spun when the cat appeared and how he'd been passing out and tired.

"You tired, dude? Maybe you should get an energy drink instead." He meant the question seriously, because of his own experiences, but he gave a small laugh to make light of the situation.

Camilo smirked as Octavia glared at him, he never really got science and assumed maybe it wouldn’t work but it was worth a shot. Though before he could make a comment he let out a small snort at Jackies comment “Human phone charger” He repeated placing his wrist to his mouth not to laugh out loud. Though once calmed he lowered it and nodded “Meh, need a upgrade anyway let’s see if it works” He replied then looked back to Jackie as he spoke to Rowan.

She rolled her eyes to the weird nickname she was given and turned away in annoyance. "Oh shut up, don't blame me if it explodes. " She said. She hadn't tried controlling the electricity that much but it was surely worth a shot, she just hoped it didn't end badly.

Camilo smirked once more then raised a brow “Ok, ok , Human phone charger” He snorted once more, quickly lifting his wrist back to his mouth. However, he soon lowered it as she begun creating electricity. He was sorta impressed in a way although, that wouldn’t stop him winding her up. “Hey, Octavia. “ Camilo called “Just think, you'll never run out of electricity at home now. You Can just get connected to the house” He commented placing his hands in his pockets.

I chuckled out loud, before realizing my mistake and keeping myself quiet. "Nice!" I commented. That's cool! What use is mine... I thought. I mean-- how does one use finicky tentacles? Especially slimy ones... My thoughts trailed off. "So, I guess you've been experimenting with it? I dunno what to do with mine, but I'll figure SOMETHING out eventually, huh?" I said, sounding less enthusiastic than my words seemed to warrent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back