• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Inner Demon | Arc #1: The Mutants

Jackie would've hated being Kiva. He hated being ignored, not when he was trying to make a point at least. He was ok with being ignored in class as that gave him the whole not being called on thing. He liked when the class laughed at his jokes, but other than that, class was the only place he liked being ignored and left to do whatever he desired without any repercussions. It was one of the reasons why he got into fights. Because people would either ignore him or laugh at his ideals. There were other reasons, but that was one of them. But Kiva did seem shy, so he guessed it worked for her if she really didn't want the attention.

Then, Jackie noticed Camilo out of the corner of his eye and he just couldn't help himself. His popsicle was almost gone at this point with there only being a tiny nub left. His crafty mind worked it into an opportunity. "I guess so. If that's what makes you feel more comfortable than sure. What makes me comfortable is giving our boring teachers a living hell in class. Seriously could they stand to make things more interesting at this school or what. I'm basically entertaining the whole class for them." He grinned and giggled with his weird sense of humor. "Oh, I'm Jack by the way." He realized he hadn't exactly given his name to Kiva when greeting her. The way he introduced himself was weird considering his preference towards his nickname, though it was more a friend only thing. Not that he didn't like these kids, but he had walls built up for a reason. That didn't stop him from using his nickname for his little joke when excusing himself. "And now ol Jackie boy here needs to go find a trash can for this mess." He showed his sticky hands, "And maybe a sink. I'll be back in a bit, don't leave without me!" He shouted as he began walking away then turned and finished off the popsicle. His last sentence could've been seen as just another joke or parting statement that people frequently used but he meant it. He was scared that they'd actually leave him because of many different reasons. He pushed past his worries and found a trash can then headed to the bus stop where Camilo was standing.

"Hey, wassup?" He kept a carefree, cheery attitude as to not start a fight or immediately irritate him. He was acting like they were best buds meeting to hang out. But he really just wanted to get to the bottom of why Camilo acted the way he did. Part of Jackie understood it. He acted out too, but because of his home life. He barely went home when he was at his father's place, and he'd sometimes act out towards his mother when he was with her, well when she was actually home. He'd pick fights for stupid reasons because of being mad. But the other part knew Camilo had been completely out of line. So far, it didn't seem like he had a good reason for the thing he did. That part of him kind of wanted to punch Camilo, only because Octavia saw herself in the wrong. He was probably overeating, but he couldn't help it with the things he had experienced.

Camilo was quietly waiting for the bus until he seen Jackie approach from the corner of his eye. Damn it, he thought as he then tried to direct his attention to something else. Was Jackie just passing by? Camilo wondered, though those thoughts where quickly clear as the approached in a cheerful manner. ”Hey man” Camilo replied as he turned his attention to Jackie. He then would lift his hand offering the rest of his cigarette, in a friendly manner.

Jackie stared at the cigarette for a second. Yeah, he considered himself tough, but he only got into fights. Well, that and a couple stealing misdemeanors as well as the pranks. But that was the end of it. No drugs or alcohol or even smoking anything at all containing nicotine. That part of him hadn't been tainted by his desire to act out. He couldn't deny the nervous feeling building up inside his gut. The only reason he didn't do that stuff was because he didn't like it. Or, well, it related to bad experiences. In the end, he made the split-second decision to take the cigarette as sort of an olive branch. Camilo was being friendly so he should at least take what he was offering. Even if he didn't necessarily love cigarettes.

He'd been around smokers, so he tried to imitate how it was done. He put it between two fingers, very careful not to touch the lit tip and a little scared he'd end up getting burned. He put the unlit tip on his mouth and then sucked in. He took it out to release the puff of smoke and ended up in a coughing mess while the smoke released from his mouth. He straightened himself out as to try and not let on that he wasn't the most experienced smoker. It kind of made him feel good but it was also weird to be engaging with an activity he'd swore to never do. He tried not to let it get to him and instead attempted to focus more on why he was really here. "So, you doin alright?" He asked while still keeping his manner calm.

Kiva listens to Jackie introduce himself and explain a bit of how he is. "Pleased to meet you, Jack." She said with a modest smile. The girl nods as she hears him talk and she gives a friendly wave before he turns and walks away. His personality surprised her a bit. He was almost the exact opposite of her. Loud, proud, and the center of attention, his drive to have the light shine on him ironically compliments her comfort in the shadows. She didn't want to walk away from the group in case Rowan, the girl with the juice, or anyone else still wanted to talk to her. So she decides to stick around until she naturally fades into the shadows.

Camilo watched as Jackie took the cigarette, he automatically assumed him taking it was a sign he knew what he was doing. Though, as Camilo watched him he begun to notice Jackie hadn’t. It was the way Jackie had some hesitation at first up, until he became a coughing mess that confirmed his analysis. Though afterCamilo smirked and raised his head slightly. “First time huh?” He commented with a grin then looked away as Jackie posed a question to him. Yeh I’m fine, you?” He asked returning said question. Though Camilo wanted to just jump to the point. “Look why you here?” He asked turning his head to the side as he looked back to the boy. Slight tension in Camilos tone

roy was just watching them talk and sighed."I'm just wondering, wh are you two arguing?"he asked. he was next to both of them quietly. "Hi! I'm Emiru! Would ou like to be friends?"She asked. she sounded a little too excited and also happy at her tone. Emiru had finished drinking her juicebox and threw it away in the trashcan that she came by, throwing it into the trashcan and making a shot into there."Score!"She said happily. Roy noticed Emriu being happy at a shot."Keep at t and you'll probably be the Queen of Trashkitball."he said joking a bit at the pun.

Jackie shot Camilo an embarrassed look when he commented on him being a first-time smoker, though he had already looked away and he was kind of glad. It seemed a bit humiliating to him, though he didn't understand why it mattered to him since he didn't even like smoking. He supposed maybe because he'd be looked down upon, or so he thought, and he hated that. But even if he wanted to give off this chill, cool dude persona, he kept the cigarette away from his mouth. He wasn't a big fan of them, after all, even without wanting to be taken seriously.

Camilo answered his question with a standard response, one he couldn't quite believe, and sent the question right back at him. It certainly wasn't what he wanted to know, and he thought he'd been clear while still beating around the bush. He guessed not, but it didn't matter since a second later Camilo was getting right down to business without giving him a chance to answer. He wasn't mad about that; it was what he wanted too after all. Though, he could hear the tension in the other's voice, making him a little on edge. "Aw, c'mon man. Thought we were pals just hanging out. Heh." He grinned for a second and then lost the smirk to get down to what both of them really wanted. "Straightforward, huh? I can respect that. Just wanted to know what was going on with you considering how things went back there. A little uncalled for, don't ya think? Thought we were all just joking around. Then you went a little crazy at the slightest nudge and took off. Just wanna know what's going on, that's all." He let his mask slip a little, revealing a slightly angry gaze. He looked over to Octavia, still hanging out with the rest of the group. He just didn't like it, probably would'nt have been so set off if she wasn't blaming herself. He didn't volunteer that information yet, trying to keep his cool. He returned to look at Camilo with the normal carefree glint in his tired eyes.

Camilo listened to what Jackie had to say, he gathered he would have to face the fact of what had happened back there at some point. Although, he didn’t exacly know how to explain it? So instead he would just keep it all barricaded up and try to avoid answering Jackies question. Though the pal thing got to him, he did like Jackie and seen him that way. He wanted to get to know him some more, although with what he was about to respond with would probably end whatever friendship they had. At least that’s what he would assume.

“What’s it to you, it’s not like it was you on the receiving end. And besides even if I told you what difference would it make” He told him with a slight hiss in his tone. “It happened, end of the story” He then added, adding more fuel to the fire as he bit the end of his lip.

Jackie tried to control himself. It was easy since things hadn't escalated too much, but his tone still conveyed hints of anger and frustration. Camilo seemed to be getting on edge as well considering how he spoke and what he said. "No. It is so far from the end. Yeah, I may not have been on the receiving end but someone else was. Someone got hurt, and now she thinks it's something she did rather than your nonsense. It's not fair, that's all. And I won't stand for it. Quit being so blind, dude." He didn't think he needed to mention who 'she' was. "Besides, maybe if you told me I could help you make things right. Not that it's my responsibly, though. It's just me and you man. You can talk."

He was being a complete hypocrite. He always acted out, always yelled and stole things and beat people up. He didn't think twice about the people he was hurting. Only his own situation. Though, that was the beauty of it. He got to use everything the cops, teachers, and his mother said and put it all onto someone else. Basically, avoiding all his own problems where he'd done the same thing. Hurt people. Now, he got to act like the good one to try and help someone else. Probably wasn't healthy, but it still made him feel like a decent human being. Though, with all this talk of powers, he couldn't be sure if he was human at all anymore. Not if that cat was real. One problem at a time Jackie! He told himself.

I was sitting there, feeling a bit awkward, having been silent for a while now. "Oh, uh Camilo! Hi, uh-- again." I stuttered out, more than a bit late to that party. I didn't want to acknowledge what'd just happened, so at the least, I'd do my best to dance around it. Why can't I just keep myself quiet and wait for these things to end! I thought angrily. Why won't crazy things just stop happening? I asked myself with exhaustion, waiting for the asymptomatically arriving bus.

Camilo listened to what Jackie said, letting out a small snicker “Oh look at you being the hero saving a girls honour and all that crap.” Camilo said in a sarcastic manner, whilst waving his hands in the air then lowered them. “So what, I’ll tell her tomorrow it wasn’t her fault. What’s the big deal anyway she’ll probably forget by tomorrow. So just leave it will you, get off my back” He added his tone changed from sarcastic to stubborn with a hint of anger from Jackie questioning him. H continued to listen as he went on about being able to help him. “I don’t need your help, and I’ve nothing to talk about. What’s it to you anyway my issues ? What do you gain from it? “ Camilo snapped like a rabid dog. Though after that he noticed Rowan. Without even saying hi he snapped to him. “What?” Not that it was his fault wanting to talk. Camilo was just so overwhelmed

"Oh, uh-- er..." I stuttered out, not knowing how to respond. "I just, uh-- nothing..." I trailed off, clearly not very good at this sort of situation. Ugh! whatever happened to casual after-class stuff? I thought. I tried to disappear into the group. I wonder if Jackie is causing the problems? I dunno, it's probably best to just be quiet for once.

Kiva sees the tension brewing between Jackie and Camilo. "P-please stop arguing." She said softly and with a shaky voice. Kiva knew she wouldn't be able to do much to stop them from arguing. However, she thought it would be nice to at least try to cool things off. The issue is that Camilo more or less snapped on Rowan for just speaking. The pink haired girl was already ready to run away if she was the next to feel someone's wrath.

Last edited:
Now Jackie was mad. It wasn't about defending anyone's honor. It was more so his background coming to haunt him and making him reckless. He hadn't seeing people thinking they were wrong when it was clear it was the other person. But that whole statement just made him mad. His fists clenched and in that second, he really wanted to punch the guy. He had to only himself in place. Who did he think he was anyways? It was irritating and he didn't even listen to Rowan or Kiva as they tried to defuse the situation. It didn't matter now that he was set off.

"You're being such a dumbass! Why can't you just admit you did a crappy thing and apologize? What, got too much pride to even do a simple thing like that?" He hurled the insult at Camilo without even thinking. "And it's not even about me. It's about you and owning up. Who's to say she'll forget? Who's to say it won't affect her? You have no clue, do you?" He wasn't hiding anything anymore. His anger was clear all on his face and in his body language. He dropped the cigarette and crushed it with his sneaker. "I don't gain anything, except watching you do the right thing for once. After that, you can do whatever the hell you want."

Octavia’s attention turned to where Jackie and Rowan had walked off to, wondering if she had missed something while she was away. They had gone to talk to. . . Camilo? She felt a little awkward for not being her talking to him since she planned to do so. They seemed dense, what was going on? “What’s up with them?” she asked, she was nervous as she didn’t understand what was going on but probably had to do with the event earlier. She wanted to go talk to them but she couldn’t just leave the others here or bring them with her, it would make things worse. With a sigh, she just turned to the group once again in an attempt to ignore the situation. Even though deep down she knew she had to face them soon.

Camilo narrowed his eyes at Jackie and then turned as another spoke up Kiva. “No, this is between me and him” He hissed then looked to Rowan who went Quiet. Man, this wasn’t how he expected his day to. He just wanted to get the bus home now there’s a chance he would end up in a fist fight if things escalated further. Which he wanted to try and avoid, with his hands and all. But if was necessary he would figure some way to try and conceal his secret.

”I’m the dumbass ? Please I’m not the one trying to play hero. And besides, I’ve owned up to it superman. Like I said, the situation is over and done with so back down” Camilo said sternly he did have too much pride Jackie wasn't wrong there. Though the next part Camilo moved his head to side and let out a small smirk “Man your spiralling now, it was just a small out burst get over it. Or dose it have some deeper meaning to you” He asked him with a scoff. “And besides what are you gonna do ? Grab me by the neck and push me there? Please get over yourself “ He told him once more then moved his attention away from him. “I am doing what I want, you just decided to interrupt it.

Jackie shut the rest of the world out. Right now, it was just him, Camilo, and the anger he felt brewing up inside him. If wasn't being like that, he'd probably be defending Kiva and Rowan. He didn't like how the older boy kept equating it to him playing hero. That's not what this was. But the deeper meaning thing stung deep. It was like rubbing salt into a bad wound for him and now he really did want to punch him. You wanted to get under Jackie's skin, mention anything at all regarding his home life and situation. That's what really set him off.

"You really think you can do whatever you want, huh? If you haven't apologized and actually acknowledged what you did then you haven't owned up to a damn thing! I said it before, it's not done with. So why don't you shut the hell up and get over yourself!" This guy was irritating, especially when he played on the real reason why he felt it his responsibility to help make things right between the two. He didn't know how much longer he'd last. He was fuming now with his fists clenched straight to his side and his eyes growing a little wild. It was obvious one of Camilo's comments had gotten to him.

Camilo started to notice that Jackie looked like he was going to erupt . It was the way he clenched his fist and the wild look in his eye. Why was he so angry over something so simple? This situation had certainly escalated into something much more then it should have been. Though on the otherside, Camilo wouldn’t back down and he would continue till Jackie gave up.

“I don’t think I can do whatever I want, that’s ridiculous you even saying that” Camilo spat back at him. “Like I told ya before dumbass I know what i did, you are just escalating a situation for no damn reason. It’s over end of story“ Camilo told him firmly as he turned his head to see his bus pass by. “Oh grate thanks a lot, now i have missed my freaking bus !” He huffed as he now looked to his Hands. Oh damn, he thought as he had a little panicked look starting to form on his face. Camilo could feel a slight burning sensation starting to build up. His power was starting to activate. Crap, what was he to do now. He would have to figure out how to calm down and get out of this.

“You know what! Your not worth my time anymore. “ Camilo said with a growl. A idea came to mind. “I’m out of here, this had nothing to do with you anyway it was between me and Octavia.” He added then walked passed Jackie. He firmly bumped into his shoulder. Perhaps a bad idea, especially how this whole situation started with the fact he didn’t want to be touched. He was contradicting himself, but perhaps Jackie would leave him be.

Camilo clearing wasn't getting what the problem was. He kept saying it was the end of it when it wasn't. He needed to apologize dammit! A smirk danced on his lips when he yelled about missing his bus. It was the least that could happen to the guy for being such a dense idiot that he couldn't even realize his feelings was hurting someone. Though, Jackie really didn't have any room to talk.

Things were starting to look up for him as Camilo grew a panicked look. He couldn't figure out why other than the information finally sinking through his thick skull. Being the naive and reckless teen he was, he thought he had got the victory. He was starting to leave and spouting out some stuff, but Jackie had a thick head of his own to deal with. He couldn't realize that what he said was true. That he shouldn't have gotten involved. It should've stayed a problem for Camilo and Octavia to deal with when both of them were ready. Instead, he should've just stood with Octavia and told her that it wasn't her fault. He would've done that if he were a real friend. But he brought his own personal issues into the mix and that was a mistake. Not that Camilo wasn't to blame for this too, but he should've actually thought things through. Of course, in the heat of the moment when Camilo bumped into his shoulder and made him stumble backwards, he wasn't realizing any of what he should've known from the start.

His teeth clenched and anger welled up inside him. "Hey!" He shouted, but Camilo was clearly done with him. Well, too bad! He wasn't done yet. Not even close to finished. He ran after Camilo and aimed a hard hit for his lower back. Camilo wasn't just allowed to bash into him and get away with it. If he wanted things to end, then maybe the older teen shouldn't have struck first. It wasn't a punch, but he was agitated and told himself it was contact that still counted.

Kiva froze in fear when Camilo lashed out at her. "You're right. I-I'm sorry." Her body finally moves on its own as she feels herself moving backwards. Considering how hot-headed those two were, there was nothing that she could have done to stop them. Perhaps she could've been louder and more assertive, but that's just not in her nature. Afraid to speak again, she stands by as the situation gets completely out of hand.

Camilo had shoved his hands into his pocket as he started to walk away, he would have to ring his brother or somebody to come and get him since he wasn’t going to stick around. That much was certain for Camilo he couldn’t deal with these guys anymore, not today anyway. Although, another thing came to mind. Maybe some fresh air would do him some good, calm him, relax him a bit. Though the more he thought on the conversation, it built up more tension. Which made him come to the conclusion that he sure as hell wasn’t going to apologise. Not that it was Octavias fault of course, more or less just to spite Jackie.

As Camilo was starting to make a little distance, he felt something hit him in his lower back which caused him to stop. So, that’s how the rest of the day was going to go huh? “Well, if that’s how you want it to be then” Camilo said quietly then turned around to punch Jackie in the stomach. It would hurt him yes, and contradict himself. But he wouldn’t let Jackie get away with what he did.The contact to the back did hurt he must admit but he wouldn’t let Jackie know that.

Last edited:
Emiru looked a jackie and Camillo."Now calm down!"She said. She was getting worried and ce started forming between the two arguing ones because Emru was panckng and was afraid a fight was about to start and She Seems a little scared, Snce Emru wasn't really used to fighting and when people fight, She would wan to hde or She'll try to stop t before e that even happen. Roy watched and sghed."Why can't you two idiots just stop fghtng and being reckless, You just hurted kiva's Feelngs."He said sounding Stern and not happy at all.

"Oh, uh, they just uh-- well, Camilo... then uh, Jackie," I said, having had all my sentence-forming energy depleted. "Oh, eh-- ki... um well--" I said, continuing my babbling. Ugh! Why in the world can't I just say something! I said, feeling weak and upset. Ugh. I literally thought. I reflected for a moment that I was thinking in aggressive mouth noises now, and decided to back off this situation.

Jackie was surprised by the punch to the stomach and was stunned as the pain seared. He coughed and got a breath. He had learned from all his fights that the stomach was one of the worst places to be hit. Besides, Camilo came across as a little bit of a delinquent with his smoking and all, but he hadn't been so sure if he was a good fighter or not. Well, with the experience Jackie had, if they were getting into a fight he'd win for sure! He knew it!

He came back at him with a punch to the face before Emiru spoke up to try and de-escalate the situation. Roy said something but he barely heard him with his rage bubbling over. "Stay out of this!" He simply yelled. He didn't want to hurt them, the only one he had a problem with was Camilo. Though, he had a more one-track mind at the moment. He got into a stance with his feet planted to the ground and his arms up and clenched into fists. He tried to protect his stomach from another blow. He knew he wouldn't make that mistake again. It'd stun him too much and things who be over before they even started. He also had a slight disadvantage with how much shorter he was than this dude. Oh well, that just made it easy to swing around and dodge. He went in for another punch while choosing to aim low.

Octavia walked with a fast pace towards the ongoing fight, she didn't know why this was happening and she wanted to just clear things up. Maybe they'd listen to her at least since the others weren't able to get through. She didn't want them to get hurt over something like that, she found it unnecessary. Once she got close enough she witnessed Jackie hitting Camilo back after getting punched in the stomach. "Guys, stop it please." She let out.

She didn't know if she could stop them but she had to try, although she had to make sure they listened to her first even a little. "This involves me too right? I'm here now we can talk about it. I should have gotten here sooner…"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back