• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Infernal Devices AU

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)
You wake up to a letter, slipped under your door sometime during the night.
Pugamus. Ut cadas. Resurgamus iterum.
We fight. We fall. We rise again.

That is the motto of the Oakglass family.

It has been a little over thirty-one years since the first Accords between Shadowhunters and Downworlders were signed in Alicante. Sixteen since the second. The third Accords only a year ago. To most, the treaty works as it was meant to, bringing peace between us and the Downworld. But not everyone honors the Accords. There are a few Institutes that reject the treaty and continue to punish Downworlders, even if they haven't committed a crime.

The Accords states that if a Downworlder can prove we have broken the law, they must be given reparations. But when accusations are made against an Institute that is against the Accords, the complaints are ignored or buried. New laws are added to the Accords every fifteen years to appease those still unsatisfied, but they mean nothing to these Institutes. They continue to break the law and go unpunished. At the very least, this means that the Inquisitor is against the Accords and chooses to make complaints about Shadowhunters with the same view disappear. In the worst case, multiple members of the Clave dislike the Accords and refuse to hear Downworlders who are mistreated, but are not enough in number to vote for the Accords to be undone.

I won't ask you to help me expose the rouge members of the Clave. Instead, I ask that you help me with something else. A group of Shadowhunters from the Washington Institute arrived in secret yesterday, looking for a young vampire falsely accused of murder. She came here to escape them and they followed. The signing of the third Accords has made life worse for Downworlders who live near Institutes that follow their own laws, with many having to flee to survive. If this group finds her, they intend to let the sun seal her fate. I wouldn't ask for your help if the situation wasn't dire. I understand if you refuse, but I only ask that you keep the contents of this to yourself.

Your Friend,
Erik Oakglass​
◉This RP takes place in 1903 at the Los Angeles Institute, 25 years after the events of The Infernal Devices.
◉The Oakglass family is currently running the Institute.
◉No characters with angel or demon blood will be allowed. No Sebastions. Half-faerie, however, is fine.
◉Besides the basic rules, my only requirements are one paragraph per minimum per post and to let me know if you're dropping out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back