• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. | Warhammer 40,000 RolePlay

Captain Gabriel

Three Thousand Club
"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war."

+++LOADING DATASLATE+++
DATE?
UNKNOWN. ATTEMPT APPROXIMATION?
>Confirmed.
APPROXIMATING DATE...
APPROXIMATE DATE: 6.500.935.M41.

LOADING DATA...

In 621.M41, in the outer parts of the southern Segmentum Ultima, among the Halo Stars, a large warp storm consumed the whole Imperial Sub-Sector of Baragaria. Being consumed into the Warp, the system remained quiet and was forgotten about by the modern days. However, recently, the Warp Storm ended and out of nowhere, a distress call was sent screaming toward all nearby Imperial forces, begging for anyone hearing the call to come and support the defense of the planets. The distress messages claim that the whole Sub-Sector is under attack from numerous opponents. Among them, a few peculiar names were given: a number of Xeno races, and the vile forces of powers ruinous that shall not be named.

Picking up the distress signal, several local Imperial forces mobilized separately to investigate, each carrying its own intent. Whether an Inquisitor and his retinue coming to rid the system of vileness and destroy it if it was beyond saving, or a noble task force of Space Marines, or perhaps a regiment of the Imperial Guard?

One was sure.

The Sub-Sector of Baragaria is now a zone claimed by the fires of war.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, hello!

In this roleplay, agents of the Emperor will arrive in the Sub-Sector of Baragaria. Gone from the Imperium for roughly 300 standard years, the unfortunate Sub-Sector was thought long-dead, however, clearly, this was clearly an exaggeration.

As discovered recently, due to the very nature of the Warp, the whole Sub-Sector barely changed. Although 300 years passed, the people of Baragaria experienced it as a few measly standard Terran days. That does not change the fact they are under quite the duress.

The few planets in the system form a centralized force, under the rule of several allied governors who plan and trade with each other as a form of trade alliance. Now, the Sub-Sector is attacked from all sides by vast enemies of the Imperium.

What enemies?
I've got no fucking clue. Give me suggestions people.

Maybe some Orks? Or 'Nids? Or them spooky Eldar... or their BDSM cousins?
One thing's for sure: We're not leaving the vile forces of Chaos out of this action. Whether Daemons, or Marines, or just a Cult... or all three, it's gonna be quite the war ahead of us.

In the roleplay, I will allow the players to be whoever they want. It's a story, after all, not a game of Dark Heresy. Be a Guardsman, or an Inquisitor, or a SPEHSS MAREEN. Or an Eldar... or a Chaos Space Marine... or a Walking Brain-Exploding Bomb Of Reality Warping Doom Psyker... Or one of the planetary governors.

I'm highly open to homebrew factions, as long as not too OP.
I just want to have an interesting roleplay and see how this will play out.

Will the local Inquisitor decide that: "Okay, we tried, but this place is too corrupt. Let's order Exterminatus and be done with it,"?
Or perhaps the Space Marines will conquer the place and decide the Agri-World-Went-Dead/Feral-World is a good place to pull recruits from, or even make into their homeworld?
Maybe the Chaos Space Marines will destroy everyone's METAHL BAWKSES.

Oh, and if you're gonna play one of the filthy xenos or heretics then give yourself a good goal. If you're Chaos, say that you're here for the ancient relic of Slaanesh that the governor has in his vault (AKA a Dildo.)

That's about it.

+++DATA REGARDING PLANETS IN SUB-SECTOR BARAGARIA+++

Name: Vamn Naysh
Type: Industrial World
Orbital Radius: 1.52AU
Gravity: 1.17G
Temperature/Climate: 32'C
Population: Approx. 7.1 Billion
Description/Notes: An arid planet with a dense atmosphere. All plant and animal life is dead, or barely alive and in poor condition. The planet overflows with numerous large cities that themselves contain minimal housing and numerous factories and industrial districts that contain mighty machines. The planet was devoted to building tools and weapons from the abundant resources in the rich soil. Breathing is noted to be extremely difficult on the surface due to the lack of oxygen and excess of toxins in the air. Although it is possible to last outside for several minutes without permanent damage, it is highly advised to wear some kind of rebreather, and all working-class citizens are provided with them by the planet's government.

Estimated Casualties:
33-35% (Civillians)
10-20% (PDF)

Name: Tritennia
Type: Mining World
Orbital Radius: 0.90AU
Gravity: 0.82G
Temperature/Climate: 11'C
Population: 9.5 Billion
Description/Notes: A Mining World rich in resources, similar to Vamn Naysh, however, lacking the powerful industrial output. Instead, the planet is fully devoted to the prospect of mining the resources and delivering them to Vamn Naysh via cargo ship, where plenty of supplies are already being turned into useful items for the use of the Imperium. Tritennia took the heaviest hits during the initial attack and is now but a wasteland with little to no people. Cities are overrun by filth to be cleansed.

Estimated Casualties:
70-75% (Civilians)
95-99% (PDF)

Name: Grane VI
Type: Forge World
Orbital Radius: 1.49AU
Gravity: 1.19G
Temperature/Climate: 44'C
Population: 16.2 Billion
Description/Notes: A Forge World with a large output of various machines supplied by Tritennia. Among them, Chimeras and Leman Russ battle tanks, Baneblades, in addition to the many weapons like Lazguns or Bolters, and most importantly: Warhound Scout Titans. The Skitarii armies are barely holding against the assault, and the planet is seen as top-priority in retaking due to its strategical value and the capacity to construct Titans.

Estimated Casualties:
89-90% (Civilians)
66-72% (Tech-Guard)

Name: Koarrbin
Type: Hive World
Orbital Radius: 0.96 AU
Gravity: 0.99G
Temperature/Climate: 35'C
Population: 28.2 Billion
Description/Notes: A multi-purpose Hive World. The southern hemisphere is mostly dominated by farms and plantations usually seen on Agri-Worlds rather than Hive Worlds, whilst a majority of the Hives dominate the northern, much more polluted hemisphere, where food supplies were usually transported all across the system. Some of the Hives also had industrial use and produced basic equipment, armor, and even light vehicles. It is believed that the attack on Koarrbin barely just began, so the planet may be salvaged yet..

Estimated Casualties:
2-6% (Civillians)
1-4% (PDF)

Name: Giecury
Type: Feral World
Orbital Radius: 0.78 AU
Gravity: 1.58G
Temperature/Climate: -11'C
Population: 12.3 Million
Description/Notes: Giecury is lacking in a proper ruler as the planetary governor has lost interest in taking care of this hell hole. Its surfaces are cold and frozen and its nomadic inhabitants live in a constant Ice Age. During the initial attack, Giecury was one of the planets with more civilian casualties. An Ork Warboss and his band attacked the planet to bring destruction upon it. The PDF has little troops stationed on the planet.
Estimated Casualties:
80%-96,3% (Civillians)
1-2% (PDF)

And four, almost unhabituated planets.

Birdsie Birdsie Battle-Sister May Battle-Sister May
You may like it.

Taking that sweet Rogue Trader spot.

Gonna claim planets in the Emperor's name, gonna claim their cool, expensive shit for my Warrant of Trade.

Ultramarine bout to swoop in to search for that STC that must be on Grand VI
Omg.

Since I'm making a Rogue Trader, I can't fathom to imagine the price of an STC template. STC = Rich. Rich = Happy. Happy = Good RT Dynasty. Good RT Dynasty = More soldiers and toys.

So from what I've read we can be whatever we wish for this RP, though I assume there'll be some discussion in regards to reasoning as to why our characters wouldn't be attempting to kill the other depending what factions they're from. An example being how so far there's two individuals from the imperium, a spess mureen, and a rogue trader. Now while one might look the other way if it's financially viable for them, I doubt both would be very keen to be working with an ork, eldar, dark eldar, tau, nid, chaos dude, etc. I do want to clarify I'm not stomping my feet saying 'no it's not canon for these dudes to be with these dudes!', I simply want to ensure I have a clear idea of how this setting is going to be handled if there end up being individuals from factions that largely wouldn't get along even with dire circumstances. Will we be in a group of sorts, or doing our own thing and running into each other from time to time?

So from what I've read we can be whatever we wish for this RP, though I assume there'll be some discussion in regards to reasoning as to why our characters wouldn't be attempting to kill the other depending what factions they're from. An example being how so far there's two individuals from the imperium, a spess mureen, and a rogue trader. Now while one might look the other way if it's financially viable for them, I doubt both would be very keen to be working with an ork, eldar, dark eldar, tau, nid, chaos dude, etc. I do want to clarify I'm not stomping my feet saying 'no it's not canon for these dudes to be with these dudes!', I simply want to ensure I have a clear idea of how this setting is going to be handled if there end up being individuals from factions that largely wouldn't get along even with dire circumstances. Will we be in a group of sorts, or doing our own thing and running into each other from time to time?
It is not unheard of for humans and eldar to work together for a sort time.
I think all of the opposite factions will be fighting, though, as a Rogue Trader, the Warrant of Trade, of course, permits me to trade with xenos, interact with them, and even hire them as helpers as long as it benefits the Imperium.

*Imagines hiring an Eldar girl as a "secretary" if you know what I mean*
*Then realizes Eldar would never let themselves be hired by a dirty mon'keigh*
*Sighs*

You can play either the defense or the attack of the system.

Attack: Destroy everything you can and do as much damage as possible by destroying / stealing / corrupting.
Defense: Defend the system and ally yourself with the PDF for any reason you want. Example: An Eldar allying with the PDF because the planet holds a precious Eldar artifact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back