In need of a Combat RP Tutor.

Riddler

Being sane is for the weak.

Hello everyone, my name is Guru.

Firstly, I'd like to explain what I am asking for here. To go over a defintion is the best way to start.

tu·tor

noun

1. 1.

a private teacher, typically one who teaches a single student or a very small group.​

So, a private teacher. What shall you teach me? Well, as posted in the title I'd like someone to aid me with Combat Role-play. Currently, I am only a novice or beginner in this style of roleplay and I would always like to learn more.

What is required of you? Firstly, I would like someone that is pretty good at this style. No, I do not mean you win every single of your combats. But, I would like someone that knows a lot about this as well as pretty good win streak.

How will this work? Mostly, this shall be done through PMs allowing us to discuss swiftly and with ease.

What will we do? We shall be doing 2 main things. One, learn different varieties of this style. This will allow me to learn what to do, and the best way to do it. Second, practice. As you all may know, practice makes perfect. And that's exactly what I want to be, perfect. Perfect may not exist but hell, you can get close to it. Be the best at what you're at, is what I'm aiming for.

Thank you for reading, Guru.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Guru2 said:

Hello everyone, my name is Guru.

Firstly, I'd like to explain what I am asking for here. To go over a defintion is the best way to start.

tu·tor

noun

1. 1.

a private teacher, typically one who teaches a single student or a very small group.​

So, a private teacher. What shall you teach me? Well, as posted in the title I'd like someone to aid me with Combat Role-play. Currently, I am only a novice or beginner in this style of roleplay and I would always like to learn more.

What is required of you? Firstly, I would like someone that is pretty good at this style. No, I do not mean you win every single of your combats. But, I would like someone that knows a lot about this as well as pretty good win streak.

How will this work? Mostly, this shall be done through PMs allowing us to discuss swiftly and with ease.

What will we do? We shall be doing 2 main things. One, learn different varieties of this style. This will allow me to learn what to do, and the best way to do it. Second, practice. As you all may know, practice makes perfect. And that's exactly what I want to be, perfect. Perfect may not exist but hell, you can get close to it. Be the best at what you're at, is what I'm aiming for.

Thank you for reading, Guru.​
Due to my irregular schedule, I have not yet actually participated in ranked battles yet. Apart from that, I think I fit the bill. My first few years of roleplay were within a combat-based roleplay site, so I have accumulated some knowledge on the matter that I'd be more than willing to share.

i'm a fairly okay combat roleplayer, even if i haven't won any fights in years. i can provide a few tips.

1. one fighter shouldn't have a blatantly unfair advantage over the other in a competitive environment, as an Example, Natsu Dragneel should have no reason to Pick a Fight with Prince Zuko. Natsu Drastically outclasses Zuko and can even negate the signature ability they share, while Zuko can't. this is a disparity in power levels. even if Natsu chose to not eat Zuko's flames, Zuko is screwed

2. the verses should at least be somewhat compatible and have comparable physics. and characters shouldn't just pile equipment and abilities from 5 dozen verses. though this is why custom verse OCs tend to be insulted in a competitive environment. on sites like Ani, you will find minmaxed fighters who happen to be a Super Saiyan with a Captain Class Zanpakuto, a nine tailed fox sealed inside them, a devil fruit power and a vibranium suit. this is generally an example of the fighter you shouldn't want to be. this is a power modding style commonly called Piling, Piling is when you pile multiple things onto one character with no real rhyme or reason except to have a more powerful character.

3. learn to use TBL or Turn Based Logic. TBL requires you to think, plus it is more engaging than the prep system or T-1

4. Make an Aniroleplay Account, Read new Counterbalance fights and look at them as an example of how you shouldn't fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back