• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern In Insulis Vel In Morte (post-apocalyptic scenario, focus on a rebel group)

DaffodilsAndDragons

you are the one true king
In Insulis Vel In Morte
The Islands Or Death

No one expected 2020 to be the year the world, as we know it, officially ended. Everyone thought it was going to happen in 2012 because of some weird Mayan crap, but no. Widespread overpopulation and climate change drove neighbouring countries to war, having a knock on effect across the world. As things came crashing down, new alternatives were bound to arise. Little did the people know, the 1% had been building a well-protected heaven in safe waters, and now they were looking to populate.

A group of islands. Four were dedicated purely to work: agricultural, industry, energy, public sector. One housed the founders, the government. One housed the workers, the people. With more on the rise. It seemed like a well thought out system. That's because it was. Refugees would arrive and go through a vetting process to see if they were worthy of a place in Insulae, some were accepted, most were turned away. Everyone had a role to play, but it became clear that corruption was rife. Food and medical distribution was poor, better than being outside of the islands, but unnecessarily restrictive. There were strict rules, and curfews, and threats to anyone who criticised this new way of living. The islands have a sturdy protection force that are given special treatment, but stories of cruelty within that force towards the people are spreading. Meanwhile, the government seem to be living the high life.

People inside are starting to see the problems with this 'safe heaven' unravel, and as the government become more totalitarian, they are becoming more restless.

A small group is beginning to form. A group of people on the islands who have something to say and have found a hiding place to say it in. By definition, they are a rebel group - but how far is this group planning to go? How far are they willing to go?

Some opening information...
  • I've been wanting to organise a group roleplay for a long time, but I always end up falling through or things unravel. Hoping this fairly basic premise will be a good starting point!
  • I am planning to expand the lore of these islands, make a map and all that good stuff, so please don't think this is all the detail you're getting aha. If anyone wants to help with this just let me know.
  • I would like this to be a detailed roleplay, so each post has got to be in the range of two paragraphs (preferably two paragraphs per character you are playing. Obviously good spelling and grammar are a must!
  • In terms of activity, at least a post every other day would be fab to keep it rolling! Will accept the bare minimum of every three days.
  • Speaking of characters, it would be amazing if everyone could play at least two! That way you've always got an opportunity to interact.
  • I was assuming everyone would want to play a rebel, but if there's enough interest for people wanting to be on the special protection force (the police, basically), you can totally do that. I wouldn't mind playing the 'head' of the force, or if someone wanted to do that I could play their deputy. It would be great to have the opportunity for interaction between the two groups, but that can be done through NPC just as easily.
Are you interested?

If you're interested, please could you fill out this following form!

How many characters are you interested in playing? (1-3)
Would they belong to the rebel group or the protection force? (no pressure on this whatsoever, like I said I would like the focus to be the rebel group)
How often could you post? (multiple times a day - three times a week)
A writing sample (anything will do!)

Would you be willing to chat off-site in a group format? (I mean through a medium like Skype or Discord, though I'd have to make a Discord account)

Would they belong to the rebel group or the protection force? (no pressure on this whatsoever, like I said I would like the focus to be the rebel group)
1 to the rebel group
1 to Protection force

Multiple times a day

Will get one later

Would you be willing to chat off-site in a group format? (I mean through a medium like Skype or Discord, though I'd have to make a Discord account
Use discord quite frequently

So like... Brink? With the Ark and shiz? Cus' I'm interested.

One, maybe two.

One to the rebels, one to the protection force.

It would vary between once, even twice a day to once every other day.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/getting-off-here.349546/

Would you be willing to chat off-site in a group format? (I mean through a medium like Skype or Discord, though I'd have to make a Discord account)

I could try, but because i hate Skype's sign up bullshit it would have to be Discord.

Last edited:
Physiicz Physiicz thanks for your interest, no rush on the writing sample!

adrian_ adrian_ never heard of Brink or The Ark! Probably should have. I knew there were ideas floating around similar to this. Thanks for responding, writing sample looks good ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back