• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Immortality rp

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
Immortality, a nearly impossible task. However, in all of human history, there have been five Immortals. Each achieved immortality through different means. Some unwanted, some sought after.

the_philosopher__s_stone_by_vidaqla-d30lpg4.png

The first was the user of the Philosopher's Stone. A powerful alchemical object that can be used to do many things. It's major purpose however, was immortality. Using the magics within the Stone, a human can reverse their body's aging process back to the the age of their prime. It can also be used to heal wounds of any size.

The Philosopher's Stone is bound to it's owner, serving as a replacement for their heart and cannot be removed by any means until it's owner is killed. This can be extremely difficult as the Philosopher's Stone can even regenerate lost limbs, including the head, along with all memories previous to death. To bypass this, the body must be destroyed.

Once the body is destroyed, the Stone becomes inert until picked up by someone else. The Stone is somewhat sentient and chooses it's user. It remains inert if it doesn't choose. Once chosen, the Stone will then assimilate into the body of it's User, moving through the skin until it reaches and consumes the heart, effectively replacing it.

Unless a major portion of their body is destroyed, the Stone will not let this person die.

a8d5663802ee34f5c2136b3ed0ef704f.jpg

The second Immortal was the drinker of the Fountain of Youth. However, the name is a misnomer. In truth, it isn't a fountain, but a vial of clear liquid. Like the Philosopher's Stone, the liquid, once consumed, would return the person to their prime age. However, unlike the Philosopher's Stone, the person would continue to age from that point.

One could live forever as long as they periodically took a sip from the vial whenever they grew tired of aging. The Fountain of Youth is not bound to it's user, though there is only one in existence. Moreover, while damages would be healed by drinking, death would not be. Unlike the user of the Philosopher's Stone, a simple bullet to the head could kill the person using the Fountain.

Theoretically, if a person were to ingest the liquid shortly after death, they would be returned to a point before they died. However, that would require a second party to apply the liquid.

nod32robot.png

The third immortal was a person who discovered the secret to having an artificial body. They transferred their consciousness into a fake body, one that would theoretically live forever. With an artificial body, everything could be replaced, save their brain, the center of their memories and knowledge.

Though with proper preparation, even the memories and knowledge could be downloaded to a safe place and uploaded into a knew body. Over time, this person could even change and upgrade their artificial body to include more modern commodities.

ouroboros.jpg

The fourth immortal had no special item or artificial body. Their case was special. They became immortal after dying once. Whether this is genetic or magical cannot be figured out. However, they cannot be killed, no matter what. In the world of Immortals, this person is the only True Immortal in existence.

They cannot be physically harmed no matter what. Not even being sent into the sun would destroy their body, however, they can be trapped as they possess no unnatural qualities other than immortality. In all other aspects, they are nothing more than a normal human.

Cairn_using_phylactery.jpg

The fifth immortal had their immortality come from rebirth. A piece of their soul is saved in a special place, whether it be bound in blood or otherwise, their soul is somehow contained in a special object. When their body dies, they are reborn through this object as it regenerates their body completely.

In addition, their current body can be damaged, but they will regenerate any damaged part over a short period of time unless they die from a fatal wound.

However, this also has it's disadvantages, making this object their greatest weakness. Destroying this object would effectively make the person mortal once again.

So I am looking for at least four other people to play as the Immortals. I will be playing as the Fourth Immortal. However, this isn't just restricted to the Immortals, I am also looking for humans for them to interact with.

These humans could be beyond the norm, martial arts masters, magic users, something along those lines. In this roleplay Immortality is exceptionally hard to achieve, and only these five have managed to do it, whether they meant to or not.

I will edit this post to add those who will be taking the places of the immortals. As a requirement, I hope that you can post at least one paragraph, which is around four sentences long. I don't mind longer though. Grammar is also a plus, though I can understand simple mistakes.

I would also like it if none of these Immortals were inherently evil. Bad or rude is fine, but I don't want them to just go around killing folks for their amusement. Each of these people has been alive for some time.

1st Immortal: @gogojojo331

2nd Immortal:

3rd Immortal: @Jennifer Marie

4th Immortal: @Seraph Darkfire

5th Immortal: @Silvey

The roleplay can be located here.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/immortals.127166/

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds amazing. But I wonder, if the fourth immortal is attacked by technology, could it possibly be killed? A technological worm? Could natural causes kill it? (I say it because its gender isn't yet identified). Then again, it IS completely immortal, so nothing could kill it... Never mind.

Could a young human come into place? (A child, I mean.)

I like it, sounds like an interesting idea! If I had to pick, I'd like either the 5th or 1st immortal(Would mostly prefer the fifth, it seems the coolest *w*), but I am more then willing to just take whatever spot is left if everyone REALLY wants those two :D

If the fourth immortal's soul was stolen, then their soul would be immortal like all the other souls, and the human body would be defenseless... Right? (sorry I can't help myself, I just keep on wondering HOW COULD I KILL THIS IMMORTAL?!)

Thank you all for showing your interest. Let me start by addressing all of your questions.

@Trundle The First Immortal has limited magical abilities, generally focused on turning one thing into another. However, as the Philosopher's Stone is currently bound to them, it cannot manipulate living matter. Moreover, they are limited to manipulating only things they can touch. If you've seen Full Metal Alchemist, it is similar to that.

@TurtleGod The Fourth Immortal is purely immortal. They will continue to live until all other existences have ceased to live. Despite this however, this immortal is only that. They have no other special abilities. As for a human child, yes. I'll also be accepting normal humans, magical humans, simply other people to interact with the Immortals. About stealing the Fourth's soul, you can't. It isn't really a secret as I was going to introduce it in the roleplay, but their soul is physically part of their body. This is what makes them truly immortal. As it is my character, they do have a particularly strong weakness though.

@Silvey The Fifth is free as no one else has asked for them yet.

Hmmm... I think I want to be a magical human, and possibly one of the immortals. Probably one of the ones not being sought after.

@TurtleGod[/URL] The Fourth Immortal is purely immortal. They will continue to live until all other existences have ceased to live. Despite this however, this immortal is only that. They have no other special abilities. As for a human child, yes. I'll also be accepting normal humans, magical humans, simply other people to interact with the Immortals. About stealing the Fourth's soul, you can't. It isn't really a secret as I was going to introduce it in the roleplay, but their soul is physically part of their body. This is what makes them truly immortal. As it is my character, they do have a particularly strong weakness though.

@Silvey The Fifth is free as no one else has asked for them yet.
Hmm. Okay.

I guess for normal people the Grim Reaper just steals your body and makes a new one...?

@Trundle has shown and interest in being the First, and as they posted first, I am more inclined to give them the slot. However, I am going to make up a character sheet for people to post their characters and I'll just pick the ones I like the most.

@Trundle No problem.

[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]@Trundle has shown and interest in being the First, and as they posted first, I am more inclined to give them the slot. However, I am going to make up a character sheet for people to post their characters and I'll just pick the ones I like the most.
@Trundle No problem.

[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I see. The fourth will never die, thus their soul cannot be taken out of their body because for a soul to be taken out of their body the body and brain must die. I understand.

So basically if an immortal dies they're screwed for the rest of their ghost soul-ey life?

Actually if @gogojojo331 wants the first immortal he can have it. I just thought of a great idea for a character. A human trying to achieve immortality.

But I have something special about him.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/10008-turtlegod/ said:
@TurtleGod[/URL] No one ever said that Immortality was something easy. For those wanting to become immortal, they must also offer something equal in exchange.
Definitely makes sense.

@Trundle Alright. Attempting to become immortal is a large feat, and many die attempting to do it. The Philosopher's Stone alone cost many their lives. The Fountain of Youth is a misnomer and many died searching for it.

@Jennifer Marie Immortality is not an easy goal.

gogojojo331 said:
Yea, can you OD on the fountain water?
I think you'd probably just end up tasting maple syrup over and over.

Actually... What does the fountain of youth taste like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back