Other "I'm new to the site but I've been RPing for..."

I roleplayed on Twitter, actually! It was really nice, made a lot of friends there. Thing is that the community is SUPER drama filled. Met an ex boyfriend on there, and as you can imagine that didn’t really end up working out. Lmao

I'm an old boy. I've been role-playing since before this site was conceived. My first ever RP was on the forum pages of Ragnarok Online, back when that game was still a baby and I've been finding groups everywhere since then.

Im currently finding and writing with groups on discord that use google docs for lore and cs's, and multiple channels for different locations and general chat. It's gid banter.

RP'd on roleplayerguild.com for about 6 or so years but I wanted something newer and active.

All my old friends are still on there, but I'm trying to make new ones on here :)

I role played on storywriters (old app), google+, scratch (a kids coding site), moshi monster forums. Most recently just with friends.

ahh, lots of people replied to this, but I honestly had no idea this site existed until yesterday. I used to RP with friends in steam chat, and would save all our writing in a google doc. now I primarily RP in a discord server, it’s got a super friendly format for writing that I adore

^^^ I should really try using Discord. I use it for DnD sometimes but not yet full-on roleplay.

I used to roleplay on another forum that was based off the Dollars from DRRR!! Nothing about the site except for the graphics and name were related to the show/manga lol. But we had a really cool RP group. I stayed there for about... six or seven years? I'd still be there if not for the fact that it shut down. :c

Started off in Tinierme (which was similar to Gaiaonline) and stayed there for three years until it closed on 2012. Then we rped a bit on Facebook.

Stopped roleplaying for a while until I found that dreamselfy (where you can make avatars from Tinierme) had forums. That site suddenly went on indefinite hiatus so I searched for roleplay forums and ended up here.

I actually started to RP in a popular chat-service in my country called UOL. It was still dial internet at the time lol im getting old. I guess it was at least... 22 years ago lol
Some guys opened a chat-room called "X-Mansion" and it was a free X-men roleplay. I started roleplaying Wolverine but quickly made my first character, named David Kreebs :D

I've made a bunch of friends in there but we eventually had to move on to another service once UOL started to suck ass. So we all migrated togheter to invisionfree foruns where we opened each one for a specific setting. There i roleplayed Naruto, Medieval Japan, Saint Seiya but most of all i RP a lot of One Piece.
That was until i went drinking with one of this friends of mine that i made online who was passing through my city. I had to work the next day and he kept fucking around in the night, when he came back at my home he was pissed about the taxi driver but i couldn't give a fuck, unfortunately he started acting like an asshole so i (really) punched him in the face.

So i spent a few years without roleplaying until i found this site a couple years ago.
Here i am.

Last edited:
I did all of five posts in a Fairy Tail roleplay on MyAnimeList before it died.

So, um.

Then I found this site. XD

Two years and I haven't found any other sites that, to me, seem all that worth it. They do good here. c:

I was introduced to roleplaying by some threads over on an obscure Topix forum. That's mainly where I was able to get out the slightly much cringier side of my early roleplaying habits where luckily few would ever read them. Soon though the few people on the forum lost interest in roleplaying and would just have discussions instead, and since I began to miss roleplaying, I just ended up searching 'roleplay site' or something and found my way here.

Now I'm here and Topix boards as a whole are still in desperate need of euthanisation.

Dude I roleplayed on that silly warrior cats site like way back in 2009! I was actually a mod on there lmao. Kinda sad to hear that it shut down but not really surprised

Oh wow,

So I feel old, but I started when Yahoo boards was still around.. and Geocites.I joined a couple boards there and started RPing, from there I branched out. Mostly I'd go to Fan boards of cartoons I liked like Animaniacs and Danny Phantom, but then I found some Fantasy RP boards that were pretty good. I met some decent people there. But those boards have long since died I believe. There actually used to be a lot more boards but I haven't found as many lately. But I usually just go to Google and Search Fantasy RP Boards...most are like D&D or....other types but that's how I found this place. (Shrugs)

I played on a forum called "Jedi vs. Sith". No cookies for guessing the theme. It had started out as just a small part of a Facebook app that morphed into RP on facebook and the grew out to it's own massive open sandbox style RP site. It's been years since I played there, not sure if it's still around or not.

I started roleplaying at twelve years old on a forum for a book series I read in middle school. some of you may know it and some of you may cringe: it was warrior cats!!!! And as far as I know that place is still up and running. Its wild over there. But yeah ive never heard of this place until like a year ago maybe i dont remember. but it seemed like a good place to migrate to

I think I have been roleplaying since I was a fetus in the womb- I swear. But I remember long nights at the public library in a chatroom like AIM as a child. I am positive I didn't call it roleplaying but we would build on stories and play characters (but not quite like it is here.) From there, I moved to zOMG for a brief amount of time and then just wrote fanfiction non-stop until high school. A friend and I would pass around a notebook in between classes of an RP- I played the male character and she the female.. It was great!!! And then I got the title of the storyteller from my friend- who I would tell a story about her fictional character. DnD happened in college with a small group of friends. I was a mighty Tiefling for one and I LOVED IT. Shoot- now you all know that I am crazy old xD In college- I found a website called "ChickenSmoothie" which thrust me into the world of online roleplays for the rest of my days. I have a soft spot for it because it was my first- but it was far too childish for my taste. The rules were very strict but it did help me build my skills for the most part. I am grateful to it. Then I moved to a place called "Advanced Scribes" which was recommended to me because of ChickenSmoothie's strict rules. It was definitely not strict but it was a lot more 1x1s than group roleplays. I was also on Iwaku at one point- but I cannot remember how far I actually went to find rps there. Then here- which is great. <3

Wow that was a long archive of my life in roleplay xD

First rped on this site called gosupermodel. It was a german forum-like site not originally for rping but a pretty big community arose there. When that closed down I tried tumblr which personally I HATED for rping but I suffered through it anyway bc I didn't know any other sites. I've really gone off tumblr now though since that content purge they did and now I found this in search of a good rp site!

There are also mobile apps for rp. I mostly used one called Virtual Space, and I liked it quite a bit, it was a lot like RpN, im relatively new here, but thats where ive been roleplaying for a few good years now.

I used to RP on BleachForums, BleachAsylum, Elysium, for many many years. Took breaks on and off.. Discords, Chats, as well.

Had a lot of fun doing it and got better and changed my style up here and there. I just try to have fun

I first started role playing on an instant messager like site called Chatango. However I don't recommend going there not as it's dead and is no longer moderated. But yeah I was a wee lass when I first got on there and did a bunch of pokemon mystery dungeon themed role plays. Those were good times.

Neopets, Gaia, MySpace, AOL and Yahoo chatrooms (yikes).

Not really role playing but used to write on Quizilla.

I began fourm roleplaying on roblox nearly ten years back, then I got a close friend group and we used those free website makers to make our own websites. Small but fun.
There was one other 'large' RP forum I used, but I don't recall the name and I can't find it now oddly... [Mayhaps I made it up?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back