Other "I'm new to the site but I've been RPing for..."

Jitterbug

The Jolliest
Where the HECK y'all roleplaying?

I'll meet a new member, but they usually start off with "I'm new to RPN but not new to Roleplaying!"

And like... are there other websites like this? The only one I knew was this silly Warrior Cats forums that closed down like two years ago, and had like, pfft, 150 members?

I looked up roleplaying sites and frankly... they are either solely anime, 'naughty' sites, or I click around and see like four words a post.

Where are the other good sites y'all

Don't leave a sis in the dark.​

Personally I come from MUDs and MMOs.
It feels, so so so different than forum RP, but so far the switch hasn't been too bad. I did some email RP back when I was an emo kid writing about vampire elves so maybe that gave me some long-form practice. x)

I came from some rpg/mmo games, mostly. But there was a short phase where I was a part of the terrible, terrible group of people who went on Facebook for it.

Alright, I'll bite.

I'm one of these people and I've Roleplayed anywhere that I could find in the past. Examples include Iwaku, Roleplayer's Guild, Tumblr, Facebook, VK, and much more. I also frequent chat clients for Roleplaying and in the past I've used Skype, Discord, MSN, Chatango, and Xat. When it comes to collaborative writing, the world is your oyster.

I used to roleplay on Kik all the time. The layout was just really comforting for me.

I had my own roleplaying forums that was dedicated to one group rp. After I closed it, been doing private 1x1 through emails, various messengers and blogging platforms.
Pretty much until I came here.

Not a "good" website to roleplay on, but when I was much younger I started out on Foopets. It was the first time I'd ever heard of such a thing and I fell in love with the activity. I still laugh at the idea of tiny me on Foopets just to roleplay, but it introduced me to one of my favorite hobbies so I won't complain too much. To be fair though, like you I have been unable to find a website even close to the quality of this one.

Gaia Online, MMOs, Discord RPs. Gaia is lame, MMOs are boring, and Discord's RP userbase seemingly both died and blew up in the past month and I don't know how to explain it...quality isn't there, response time isn't there, but everyone is joining something.

:|

Yikes, confession time. I was part of an online education/homeschool group that had a very active forum. One of those forums was for creative writing. A lot of people posted books, screenplays, poetry, etc...then one day it turned into Rping. Those were some of the most dedicated writers and players I have ever met. The stories were engaging, original, unique, and an absolute treat to read and participate in. Only you graduated out of the forum at a certain age...

Evryone held on to everyone else's emails and we carried on via AOL messenger or email. People gradually fell out of contact, but most of us became REALLY good friends. My current partner is left over and survived AOL, flip phone text responses, yahoo messenger, skype and more. Now, 15+ years later we are on Discord :)

I am on one other forum. Its great.

IM and IRC chats, obscure-ass forums, the now defunct ChatAct which was swallowed up by Allpoetry, Discord, tabletop, all sortsa stuff.

Alright, so I started roleplaying when I was maybe 12 or 11. It was super cringe. And on Roblox. I am ashamed. So, once I developed beyond that, I went onto G+ and RPForums. Now, I'm here.

hey are either solely anime
Where are the other good sites y'all

There are plenty of good sites. Being exclusively focused on anime does not in any way shape or form retract from that. I'm sure there are non-anime focused ones as well, though most specific roleplaying sites outside of RPN will usually be exclusively fandom-centered. Still, even if you don't like a certain fandom or medium, you shouldn't assume the site or the roleplay that takes place in there is bad just because it centers on a topic you personally don't enjoy.

I started on a site called Bebo. Not sure if anyone remembers it though. It was kinda like Myspace and Facebook with the social media stuff, but it closed down in 2013. I moved over to tumblr after that and branched over to IM and email. Took a long break. At a friend's suggestion, I joined roleplayer.me for a bit. It's like a social media site but just for roleplaying. You have to make accounts for each individual character. I didn't like it, couldn't get anything started properly and most wanted to write smut stuffs. Took another long break before I found this place on Google.

I'm not sure I could tell you about 'good sites' (Aside from like RPN) now, but my roleplay origins were legit Youtube at ten years old roleplaying Pokemon in the comment sections of AMVs.

You would be amazed at the many odd places you can find roleplays on.

used to RP massively on bebo, which is dead now :’’( but it was very popular. did a little bit on tumblr, and still do occasionally hop onto omegle if i fancy something quick

I started out on a fan forum for a TV show I used to watch back in the 90s. It was cheesy then and I can't even watch it now, it's that bad. I moved from there to several other mediums, including MSN messenger, AIM, Yahoo messenger, Yahoo groups. Then I grew up a tad and was introduced back to a forum which I believe is now dead.
Between that one and RPN I was a member of another forum run by people who had left the previous forum because it was becoming an awful place to be.
And that sort of died out, dried up and out of desperation I sought out other places to write (with help from a friend).
And found myself here.

The initial anxiety of joining up was well worth it. :)

I came from a website Baltosource in 2007. Then went to neopets. Then tried numerous forums that have all died lol.

Originally, I started out on Neopets back in 2003 (WOW). Then a couple of people I knew on Neopets created their own forum and I joined that. Became the moderator for it but left in 2013 when I kept on getting sick (I ended up having cancer ~ cancer carrrdd).

But the site which I moderated for was called December Romance. It was then renamed to Twilight Sky. And then for some odd reason, they decided to change it again a couple of years later and just as I was leaving, it was changed to Ink and Prose. We were a pretty good community - had over 3000 active members and considering it was around 2003 - 2013 where most people still played outside, it's a good effort I think. It makes me sad now though because they've gone from 30000 active members to 25 :(

I'm not going to lie! It took me a good three days of google research to find this site! Everywhere else looked horrible and so illiterate.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

The Yahoo Chatrooms, Deviant Art, Nation-States were often a mixed bag of quality. RpNation became my default site since the first one shut down, the second one had people moving to discord and to tumblr, and the third...had an unforgiving inactivity timespan for someone like me xD

I'm currently engaged in an RP via email. I love Email RPs and I'm looking to start another one

used to on youtube music livestreams but they all just died after the first couple months and then found this and got hooked by and been here ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back