• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern i’m here to stay i’ll find a way [private]

Mable let out a soft sigh as she slowly walked down stairs into her kitchen, she didn't get much sleep the night before because she is very nervous to start at a new school. Her father was a boxer, her mother was a model, and one brother was a model but like her mother then his other a boxer just like her father, so the only normal people in her family is herself. Everyone in the house was already ready for their day, she was too but she just wanted to go back to sleep. Both of her parents talk at the same time "Good morning Mable." she ran her fingers through her hair "Good morning." Her father looked up at her "Would you like a ride to school?" she shook her head and put everything into her book bag then took her phone off the charger. "No I will just take one of the cars." She kissed both of her parents on the cheek then walked out to the garage, her family was very wealthy because of what they do. That is why she always hides the money she has away from all of her friends, she does not want to be friends with people that are just going to use her.

She picked out a pair of car keys and threw her bag in the passengers seat, she waited for the garage door to open then backed out and started the drive to her new school. One of her neighbors came over the night before and their whole family introduced themselves to her family, they had a daughter Mable's age so they talked a little bit and quickly became friends. So she was starting out with one friend that could show her around but starting out at a new school was never easy for her because it was something they did a lot. Once she got to the school Mable parked in the student parking lot, she took a deep breath before grabbing her bag and locking her car after she got out. She threw her bag over her shoulder and walked into the school, Mable was just wanting to get this day over with so she could go back home. When she walked into the school she was greeted by a very happy Elizabeth, she was then neighbors daughter from the night before "It's so good to see you again Mable! welcome to Winter High, I would love for you to meet my group they would be very happy to have someone knew." She said before dragging her off to her group.

Todd woke up to his little sister nudging him awake. “Come on, bubba...” She whined. A few years ago, their father had died in his sleep due to a medical condition. His little sister, April, was paranoid now. Her young mind couldn’t grasp what had caused his death, so she thought it was just thought that it could be prevented if she woke everyone else up now. Todd looked at her tiredly and gave her a smile. “Just give me a few minutes, April. I’ll be ready. Can you make sure Jason gets ready for me?” He asked her. April nodded and ran off. Todd got out of bed when she was gone and started getting ready for school.

Once Todd was ready, he went into the kitchen and smiled at his mom. “Morning.” He greeted. She gave him a tired smile back. She usually worked the night shift as a nurse so Todd could use the car in the morning. His younger siblings rushed in on him, ready to go. “Tell mom bye and we can go.” Todd told them. April and Jason went to their mother and hugged her before running out to the car. Todd hugged his mother as well before leaving. He dropped April off first at her elementary school and then Jason at his middle school.

Once he was at the high school, he let out a sigh as he relaxed into his carseat. He was so tired. He couldn’t go to sleep though. Todd got his stuff and went inside, going to his friends immediately. He talked to them and already made plans for the weekend. Todd tried his best to never do anything on a school night so he could watch his siblings. Sometimes he had to though.

Mable was taken into the library by Elizabeth, it was nice to know someone at the school but she seemed a little too happy in the morning which was very unusual for high school students. "Guys this is Mable the new student, Mable this is my group. Sam, Jack, Lilly, Eve, Brandy, and Sara." Mable smiles a little "It's a pleasure to meet you all." they all ended up asking her a bunch of questions about what her life was like before moving here, of course she gave them very little detail about what her life was life. Elizabeth knew but she told her that she would not say anything because she would hate for people to start trying to be friends with her because of her money.

They all talked until the bell rang for class, everyone else left but Elizabeth was helping her and showing her where her classes were. It was very helpful because now she knew where to go, they both had a couple of the same classes which was a relief for Mable but then she had a couple of classes where she knew no one. They both walked to her first class together once they were by the door Elizabeth left leaving her alone, she took a deep breath as she walked into the class room. That teacher stopped her and shook her hand "I'm Mr. Phoenix that art, you must be Mable. Welcome to Winter High, I do hope you enjoy your time here, just take a seat anywhere you would like." She smiled a little bit before sitting in the back row, she really was not wanting to sit in the front row on her first day.

Once the second bell went off the teacher started to talk "Welcome class, now I told you last week that we were going to have a project the next time you came back. I will be partnering up all of you, this project will be worked on outside of class then you will put it together on the day it is due. This is not your normal art project, we will be adding in some photograph into this project just to make it different. You will pick on what you will be doing but it has to involve your partner and their lives, it just has to capture who they really are." He paused for a moment "First set of partners are Mable McKay and Todd Bunnell..." then he started listing off all of the other pairs, once everyone's partners were said the teacher started talking again "You have this week to get the project done now get talking about what you want to do."

Before school, he enjoyed spending time with his friends and catching up with them. Usually one of them always did something dumb the night before or started talking to a new girl that they wanted to catch the group up on. Todd usually talked about his siblings if anything. He wasn’t too crazy about girls since he didn’t think any of them would approve of his lifestyle. He didn’t do anything bad, but of course no girl liked talking to guy that was poor.

Todd didn’t have class with his friends until his last class for the day. He saw them at lunch other than that. They often teased him for choosing art. Todd always wished he had friends in his art class. He just took the class because it was easy and he needed the credit. Todd barely payed attention to the teacher majority of the time. His voice was hard to listen to. He was ready for this class to be over.

Todd saw a new girl walk in and start talking to the teacher. For once, he was actually considering pursuing a girl. He didn’t believe in himself that it would go far. He typically didn’t go beyond the talking stage with girls. Part of it was just his difficulty to open up. He didn’t like exposing a lot about himself because he thought that he would be judged for it. His life just had no time for a relationship. He focused on his mom and siblings and didn’t have time to take a girl on a date. Todd felt his heart drop when he heard about the project. It just sounded way too personal for him. Todd got up when they were allowed to talk to their partner and he moved next to Mable, giving her a smile. “Hey.” He said. “I’m Todd. It’s nice to meet you.” Todd said. “You must be new. Did you just move here or have you lived here for a while?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back