Other If you could have one power for one week only.... what would it be...

Abigail_Austin

I'm not talking about money...let's say you already have all the money in the world...then, after that, which power would you want to play with for a week, and what would you do with it?

Peak Efficiency. And utilize it to do the following :

1. Clean The House
2. Fix Issues Around the House ( paint, put down new carpeting, fix computer, plaster drywall )
3. Make A Calendar For The Year
4. Pay Bills ( with unlimited credit card )

Basically I would unlock Level 55 Adulting And GET SHIT DONE.

Complete Invulnerability to the point that i cant take damage and dont feel pain

So would you get into a lot of fights then? Or just like do nothing for the week.

EDIT - ooh or maybe do like extreme sports or extreme camping? Really fun physical activities that you wouldn't have to be afraid you'd get hurt in.

Last edited:
I'd want the power to summon dogs + the supplies needed to take care of them, so sort of materialization? I just think having a bunch of puppies as a superpower would be pretty neat!!

So would you get into a lot of fights then? Or just like do nothing for the week.

EDIT - ooh or maybe do like extreme sports or extreme camping? Really fun physical activities that you wouldn't have to be afraid you'd get hurt in.

I work in a prison so basically I would respond to incidents worry free.

This begs a very important question: after the week is gone and the power vansishes, what results would remain? For instance, day I picked an ability that produced money. Would that money vanish at the end of the week or would it remain in existence regardless of the loss of the power that produced it?

This begs a very important question: after the week is gone and the power vansishes, what results would remain? For instance, day I picked an ability that produced money. Would that money vanish at the end of the week or would it remain in existence regardless of the loss of the power that produced it?
Well technically that money would be an extension of your powers so I guess the money would disappear but if you bought, for example, a private jet.the private jet wouldn't go because it wasn't created using your powers.only the money

They covered that in the opening post. You already have unlimited funds prior to the week of powers.

But that being said yes I imagine the results of your powers will remain. For instance if I used my powers of efficiency to clean and repair my house. At the end of the week the house would still be clean and repaired. It wouldn't revert to the messy/unrepaired state.

Now in terms of health that would be an interesting question. How does this week of extraordinary powers effects your overall health?

My guess? Not great.

Last edited:
They covered that in the opening post. You already have unlimited funds prior to the week of powers.

But that being said yes I imagine the results of your powers will remain. For instance if I used my powers of efficiency to clean and repair my house. At the end of the week the house would still be clean and repaired. It wouldn't revert to the messy/unrepaired state.

Now in terms of health that would be an interesting question. How this week of extraordinary powers effects your overall health?

My guess? Not great.
I only used money as an example -_-

Well, if effects remained, I'd say I would get the power to grant wishes or more powers. May be cheating a little but eh

If the effects didn't last, I'd ask for the power to create some warped dimensional bubles of diluted time. I'd probably live out my fantasies, work out every nook and detail of anything I want, watch all the anime I can consume and go back home in time for lunch.

Well technically that money would be an extension of your powers so I guess the money would disappear but if you bought, for example, a private jet.the private jet wouldn't go because it wasn't created using your powers.only the money
I would totally use this to destroy the economy and see what happens next week. Just 'cause I like watching the world burn.

I would have the ability to enter and exit an infinite number of fictional worlds at will - without the risk of being harmed. Including my own.

Have time traveling powers that don't affect the current future. I want to relive certain moments of my life or see if other choices had led to different outcomes but no matter what my current future never changes.

lol unfortunate follow up is - so would you prefer to be slow roasted or charbroiled?
Standing on a mountain peak, epically tossing fiery death all around, with the world beneath me in a blazing inferno. All whilst laughing maniacally, of course, would be the preferred method. I might even burst into song.

Standing on a mountain peak, epically tossing fiery death all around, with the world beneath me in a blazing inferno. All whilst laughing maniacally, of course, would be the preferred method. I might even burst into song.

Right so I've tried this three times. To make sure it works this time I'll keep it short. The joke I was setting up is that you are also a citizen of the world. So if you set it on fire you will burn with everyone else.

EDIT

So what you MEANT to say was I will destroy all those who do not directly contribute to my quality of life in some way. I mean unless you wanting to live like a hermit in a shack with no contact with other living humans and nothing to do but play card games all day.

Also you know it's all well in good to laugh at humanities downfall until you realize. Oh shit I don't know how to work indoor plumbing or make my own food or produce my own entertainment or build my own house. Also high up on the mountain there is gonna be natural dangers that you might want emergency help for. What happens if a literal fire catches you? Or your attacked by a bear? Or you eat raw food because you don't know how to properly field dress wild game and you get food poisoning?

( I watch a lot of homesteading shows. So my response to killing all of humanity and living off grid is like... Bitch what about my toilet? )

PS : I am mostly joking. Not trying to like tear down your idea. I am just literally picturing the moment after the villain wins. You get the grand manical laugh scene as all of the poor souls who wronged him burn. Then cue to five minutes later when he realizes he's hungry and he doesn't actually know how to work a microwave. For that matter there is no electricity in his uber secret mountaintop lair. Great view. Not so much with water or electrical outlets. Like...huh should have thought this through.

Last edited:
Mind-reading. Know what the people close to me say and think about me for a week.
After? Live with the info and either be happy or distraught by what they think.
Other than that, maybe flying/levitating. That would be nice, even just for a week.

Right so I've tried this three times. To make sure it works this time I'll keep it short. The joke I was setting up is that you are also a citizen of the world. So if you set it on fire you will burn with everyone else.

EDIT

So what you MEANT to say was I will destroy all those who do not directly contribute to my quality of life in some way. I mean unless you wanting to live like a hermit in a shack with no contact with other living humans and nothing to do but play card games all day.

Also you know it's all well in good to laugh at humanities downfall until you realize. Oh shit I don't know how to work indoor plumbing or make my own food or produce my own entertainment or build my own house. Also high up on the mountain there is gonna be natural dangers that you might want emergency help for. What happens if a literal fire catches you? Or your attacked by a bear? Or you eat raw food because you don't know how to properly field dress wild game and you get food poisoning?

( I watch a lot of homesteading shows. So my response to killing all of humanity and living off grid is like... Bitch what about my toilet? )

PS : I am mostly joking. Not trying to like tear down your idea. I am just literally picturing the moment after the villain wins. You get the grand manical laugh scene as all of the poor souls who wronged him burn. Then cue to five minutes later when he realizes he's hungry and he doesn't actually know how to work a microwave. For that matter there is no electricity in his uber secret mountaintop lair. Great view. Not so much with water or electrical outlets. Like...huh should have thought this through.

Villains live for the moment dude. Once you've done your victory scene, the gig's up and you just sit around and wait. Kinda like rock stars. You do you thing and then that's that for the night.

EDIT

Villains live for the moment dude. Once you've done your victory scene, the gig's up and you just sit around and wait. Kinda like rock stars. You do you thing and then that's that for the night.

Which is the joke of course. Cuz real life doesn’t end when you fade to black. So a lot of those destroy the world bwhahahaha plots would end with the villain suffering equally. So it’s kind of fun to picture it. Yeah you got your brief win but then you realize you are totally screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back