IC RP

I N I R W A R D E N

Inir did not move a muscle. His body seemed as quiet as the stone around them. His eyes, however, were doing most of the job, inspecting her from bottom to top. Once he finished to reach a conclusion, he spoke, "Of course." his respond dry as he did not disagree with her, as if he knew every little thing about her, "Your mind has been tainted by sentimentalist. I must say that this is something I have not expected from you, addressing your family behavior towards the realm and the discord." he grinned as his cunning words came through his mouth but born from something darker than himself, "Apart from the realm - breaking connections with every single Kingdom. A fragile land that, even in peace, has always hanging by nothing but a thread." he chuckles as he walks towards the wall, "But of course, you could not know - caged among the walls you believe that protect you."

The guards slowly left the room, closing the door behind them. Although they stood beside it in case Azaela tried something, or Inir did in that regard. Inir put his hand on the dagger that was in front of his belt. He only left his hand there with no purpose to take it off - not interested in harm but a show of power. He finally looks over his shoulder towards her, "You will guide the civilians out of the Keep by secrets tunnels. Women - children, all those who can't stand and fight will retreat." he paused as he nodded, "Whatever you have planned, cease them until the light of the sun awakens - and there are no more graves to fill." his voice sounded wounded, cracking. He stood firmly towards her, "Arkady has the chance to fight beside us or run with the women and children - more importantly, run beside you." his eyes stayed on hers, and then he grinned, "I came to tell you this, in case I do not make it."

He turned around, moments before reaching the door and abandon the tower - the cage, until a last question raised. His eyes slowly went around the walls, cold walls of stone as he met Azaela once more with light of hope inside his eyes, "Tell me, Lady Azaela - If Arkady felt the same, and not his natural selfish instincts of survivable - IF" makes a pause as he makes a step forward towards her, "If you saw the minimal gesture of love on his eyes, if you knew that he would not ran away when you needed him the most - if you felt there is something to be done to gain something else entirely. To gain something such as - Hope" he remembered the chat they had earlier, "Would you do anything to protect it? Would you fight for this weak sing of hope to the last? Even if the rest of the world is against you?" there was a question hidden on this, but nothing she could figure out herself. As much as she could understand, Inir was asking if she believed - truly believed - in hope.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Cross was confused as he was left alone. But he had some time to look down to the area that Arkady must've jumped to. But instead of thinking about Arkady's fate his thoughts were focused on that man Inir. He didn't trust him at all. For all that talk of honor he seemed more like some snake in the grass who was trying to get power. Maybe a quick question to Robert or someone other than Inir could help. Because Cross needed to know whether Inir was like. If he was always like this than he had an infection to get rid of. If not he had to figure out what happened to the man to cause him to behave this way. "Don't go down the path of your old man Arkady. I don't want to cut you down when you have hope." Cross briskly began heading for the Grand hall. If anything he was needed there. And with Luck maybe get a talk in with Robert. And if he somehow got to Robert before the hall he was going to get info about Inir.

H HeckingHeck

Last edited:
Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea cared for Inir, she really did, but with each word uttered her rage boiled. As he insulted her family, and her kingdom. Azalea snapped. She took to angry strides forward, ready to hurt Inir in what ever way possible, until the guards grabbed her first, she lunged for Inir but her small form was no match for those of the guards. She writhed angrily but kept her mouth shut as Inir continued on.

Azalea glared at the guards as they left, but her eyes moved to Inir as he put his hand on his dagger, eyeing him warily. She had half a mind to show him one of her knives to oppose his position, her aim was spot on. Inir could beat her with strength and blades. But knives and bows were her expertise. She never missed, and everyone knew that.

Whom this man was, Azalea did not know. But the words coming out of his mouth were dark, cunning and sharp, like a snake. She knew one thing for sure.

This was not Inir.

Whoever this man was, or who ever Inir had become, this was not the friend she'd grown to care for.

Azalea caught the light in his eyes, recognizing a bit of her former friend, she narrowed her eyes at his question, her anger burned inside her. She could not let his words go unnoticed.

Azalea took several steps towards him, seething. "How dare you," she growled, her nails dug into her palms, making painful red skin marks. "How dare you insult MY Kingdom. MY family! My dead family! You know know of me, or my families struggles, and you better damn well remember that." Azalea shook her head, an expression of angry disgust plastered on her face.

Azalea took another step towards him, only 10 feet away. "I do not take orders from YOU. Nor do I have any obligation to do so, remember your place here, Inir." Azalea spat his name, fuming with such anger she could've killed him.

"And to answer your question, yes," Azalea seethed, "I will fight for what I believe in no matter how many people turn against me, no matter how many knives are stuck in my back." Azalea took a step forward, her expression softening the slightest. "But that does not make me right."

Azalea laughed bitterly, turning her back to Inir, and taking a step away from him before whipping back around to him and taking three steps closer to Inir. "Go right ahead," Azalea began, throwing up her arms, narrowing her ice eyes. "Laugh, at the girl who loved too easily, but I would've rather loved too easily then live your life, Inir. No one will sit around a table and tell stories about a man who couldn't love." Azalea lashed out with her words, full of spite and venom, nearly eye to eye with Inir, except being a bit shorter.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

I N I R W A R D E N

He grins once more, regardless of what she said to him. He nodded, "Aye." he shook his head as it found it funny, "The man that could not love." but then his smile would fade away, his eyes recovering the essence of his former self, "I admire your devoutness. I do." his leaned closer to her, "But don't make such a statement without knowing me - Lady Azaela - " he dodge her eyes with indifference as he walks around the tower, "I was in love once - that is why I do not let my feelings get the best of me." he chuckles under his breath, "Sura - ashed hair, green eyes - Jorah my father adopted her as part of the family for a mercenary killed her parents." he nodded to himself as he reached the other end of the room, "We raised together, we fought together - but I could never bring myself to tell her what I felt - not when I killed my own mother, her mother too." he slowly turned to face her, "You told me people would never mention me, no one likes someone who can't love." he took a step forward, "Tell me, how good a man I am to you now? I know how to love, but also to murder my own kin."

But he did not care what Azaela would have to say about it and Inir did not have the mental strength to deal with her pity and her past, "I am not commanding you to do it, Lady Azaela - I am giving you the chance to guide our people into safety. Refuse it. Accept it. Remain inside her, or bust out. I do not care." he explode that last sentence as he yelled, "I will do what I have always done - safe your life and the people here." with that last words, his right hand aimed to her, gesturing with his finger. He would slowly move it away, "I know well my place - I should have died long time ago, I should have died when the demons busted the gates, I should have died when Voris thrust his spear, I should have died when I was bleeding to death - yet here I stand!" he shouted once more. As if he was releasing something on his throat.

He tilted his head to a side, "Yet look closely - I have never laugh to you or judge you without knowing you well. I have never said anything without thinking it twice. I have swing my sword and persuade people to die for *you*." he aims her once more, "and I would do it again..." he stopped dry, pausing as he shakes his head to her, "Wiglaf - Damon - the people I drove right into the flames. Yet Lord Robert is the one you reach for counsel and Arkady the one you love. A man that choose his lands over your life, and another who choose his own safety than your honor and dignity." he stares her once more and declares it as it must be, "And here it is - my reward. You both deserve each other."

He almost pass over her as he directs himself to the door speaking, "Your words have inspired me in my next move - Now, I know what to do. All thanks to you." as he opened the door, he dismissed the guards recalling the next words, "Arkady is on the secret tunnel, set a patrol to secure the safety of the civilian. Lady Azaela Dilaurentis will remain inside on her own will - or help Lord Robert; either way, I will deal with your Lord Commander soon enough." the both guards looked at each other, confused, "Are stay there and wait for the Lord Commander to tell this yourself - like if I care what he will do to you both." Inir turned around and walked down the main corridor as if he was on search for Robert. The guards would as well do what Inir commanded, regardless if he was telling the true or not. Closing the door of the tower behind them.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow H HeckingHeck

Robert Mure

Robert stared at Inir blankly. It was obvious the man wanted power now, he seemed desperate enough to gain back control. His mind spinner as he considered what he would do now. He wanted to trust Inir, he wanted to so badly but everything seemed to be resting on his shoulders. If he truly was in command then Inir would not be influencing him. It only made Robert angry at himself.

"Dammit, they already found the castle! They'll find us anyway..." Robert gritted before turning to the nearest officer, "Bring the troops from the walls and fortify the keep! Go! And get the civilians ready to leave"

The poor guard nodded before hurrying off the walls. He stared back at Inir before nodding and walking off to the tower where Azalea was held. Robert had a few questions to ask and a task to give. Their was nobody better to trust then Azalea.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea felt a flurry of emotions from Inir's speech pity for one. He had been in love, he had suffered its heartbreak. That enough, was enough to shatter even the strongest of men. He'd lost her. That loss, the pain, and shown his true self. The mentioning of the death of his mother numbed her to the core. He had killed his own mother. Azalea couldn't imagine doing such a thing. Azalea flinched when his voice rose, feeling both guilt and fear, she winced as he pointed at her, stepping back a pace. His words drove her deeper to guilt.

Was she really making that bad of decisions?

Her thoughts cut out as Inir strided to the door. Her brows furrowed as he mentioned he was going to do something. She turned pale as he mentioned Arkady's location. Her stomach lurched as he mentioned Robert.

"What? Wait Inir! No!" Azalea ran after him, but the door closed on her face. She pounded on the door. "What are you planning Inir!? What are you planning?!" Azalea shook the door, kicking and pounding on it, screaming at Inir, even as he walked away, fearing for both Robert and Arkady's life. After a while, she could no longer scream, loosing her voice, running low on energy.

Azalea walked across the room and sat down, slumping against the wall. A series of gruesome images playing in her mind, imaging all the scenarios Inir could take control and end then all. But what if one of them killed Inir? She didn't want to lose any of them. Azalea let out a frustrated scream, biting into her arm so it wasn't heard.

Why couldn't they catch a break?

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker thetasfiasco thetasfiasco H HeckingHeck Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
Arkady Arsenyev
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow ShadowBroker ShadowBroker H HeckingHeck

Arkady slowly shook awake when he heard a pitter-pattering echoing through the nasty tunnels. He groaned and shifted around, fumbling for his sword, so he could get moving. He couldn't tell if it was his tired state, the horrible fumes in the tunnels, or the darkness, but for whatever reason, he couldn't find his sword. Like it had grew legs and ran away. He swallowed when he heard the rapid footsteps from before getting closer. It was more than one set, too. It sounded like a herd of sprinting people, trained runners at their speed, no doubt. He swallowed, and began frantically looking for his sword. Just as the steps neared, turning the final corner to reach him, he felt his fingertips brush the edge of the hilt on his sword. "Fuck, final-!" He was cut off by a sharp pain in his ankle. He gripped his sword and stumbled to the other side of the tunnel, something weighing his foot down and causing him to nearly trip. He swung down, his sword catching what had attached itself to his leg.

A rat.

He kicked, his foot connecting with another rat. The things were everywhere. He could hear them scattering about, using the darkness to their advantage. The one he'd kicked weighed as much as a small dog, for christ's sake! They were possum-sized! He grunted and swung down, connecting with another rat, while another began biting at the back of his leg. "Oh- Sonuvabitch!" He reached down to grab the rat, greeted with a bite to his hand. Arkady stumbled forward, the rat flying from his leg. He dropped his sword and held his hand, coughing from the fumes in the tunnels. He shook his head, and ran off. Screw being quiet! This was a huge mistake...

He turned a corner, hearing the rats stop behind him, giving up. He saw a bit of light shining down from the top of the tunnel: an area where it had collapsed. He sighed, and ran up to the rubble, beginning to climb out. It didn't take long for him to realize that he was in a a collapsed house, a home that went without care for so long that it had fallen apart. He was in the basement, specifically. He sighed, and made his way to the solid floor, looking around.

"Goddamn it.. I should've stayed with Azalea. Who knows how much trouble I got her into..." He found a place that looked secure enough to pull himself up with. He took a step back, before running and jumping at the ledge. He gripped, ignoring the searing pain in his hand from where he'd been bitten. He didn't last long, though. His bad shoulder gave out, and he went crashing to the ground. He winced, and writhed a little on the landing, arching his back from the pain.

It took more than a few tries, but he managed to get up. It seemed that he was out of the main town, not too far from the palace, in the woods and in the dark. He could hear commotion not far away; he just hoped it wasn't at the keep. He had no idea how long he'd slept for. Though, the fact that it was dark wasn't comforting... Especially since he'd quickly developed a completely rational fear of rats over the last 15 minutes.

He stripped his filthy shirt off, tossing it on the ground. He couldn't very well ditch his shit-stained pants, however, so that was something he'd have to live with. He sighed, and began jogging through the woods, towards whatever commotion was ensuing in the distance.

((Er.. Sparrow, I kinda dug myself into a hole here.. If you wanted Vauzuhm to see Arkady and recognize him from the woods earlier, and do whatever, I'd be fine with that. Anything that would enhance the plot x3 Anything involving shades around Arkady would help loads.))

Last edited:
Cross saw Robert and quickened his pace. "Boss! I wish to ask a question. And no it's not about my pay. It's about that other man. Is he truly trustworthy. He speaks of honor but I really think he's some spineless guy with lust for power. I mean in the way you guys speak of him you have some history but now, I'm just not sure if he's the same person that you knew or not. Just be wary. Don't think this is me telling you who to trust. I'm suggesting you be wary during this battle. If I'm right then this fight could go bad quickly."
H HeckingHeck

I N I R W A R D E N & F R E D E R I C K W A R D E N

( Flash back )

There are still stories hidden between phrases and whispers echoing in the palace of Caelum. The day Inir and Frederick escaped from the palace to grow side by side in the forest, fighting and cooking what they could find. Their training, as Vorch tradition, was to live as no more than a beggar - having nothing but their own hands and all that surrounds them. The day of the tragedy was not far of a week or two from the start of this tradition.

The both brothers managed to create their own tents over leather they took off some animals. They managed to get a sharp stone to break wood and from the wood they made their own tools. Until they felt cocky enough to craft their own swords and train. Send themselves into a journey. Of course being in such a young age, twelve years old while Frederick was already fourteen. On his teenager rampage he wanted Inir and himself to breach into the sacred forest to see what was there. For their father never let them see the graves of their dynasty.

As they played along, fighting with wooden weapons, the would stop by fear. There was someone already on the sacred forest. Or at least that is what they imagined on his childish perception. A hooded figure would slowly turn around to exchange glances with the boys. The both stood paralyzed in the spot. Until the figure removed the hood, and with it, the mask of shadows that concealed the face. It was their mother.

"Frederick? Inir?" she asked as he was holding her arm tightly. She gasped and her eyes went wide as Frederick made a step forward, "No!" she shouted even more scare than them, freezing Frederick and Inir's spine. She sighed tired of the sorrow upon her, and came with the only possible conclusion, "Frederick - Go to the castle, find help." she almost whispered that last part as she went down to her knees.

Frederick nodded as if he snapped out from fear - giving Inir the order to remain beside her. A mere child protecting her wounded mother, or that it seemed. Inir moved closer to her when she was not looking, breathless. Until he saw that her mother had the hand black as the void. Darkness flowing through her veins as if it was some kind of poison or parasite - but it was magic. Something Inir never understood in such a young age, "Mom?"

His mother started to cry, even though she struggled not to show it,
"Oh my sweet - Inir. I - I done something wrong." her voice cracked as she closed her eyes as she did not want to accept her faith, "I -I thought I help your father but-" she could not bare it anymore, to know she would die in-front of her second son.

"Frederick will come with help! He will save you." Inir responded as he wanted to get closer but respected her mother's wish. Not capable to feel her grasp where he felt so secure, "I - I can help you." he responded as he searched for the bag on his belt, searching for anything that could cure her, he started to ponder, "Is it in the head? You need red-barrys? Maybe this leafs of the spike plan to cure the hand?" the more did nothing but to shake her head, "Please mother! Tell me! What can I do? What I can do!?"

That is when the mother, the so beloved mother, saw the wooden sword on Inir's belt. Her lips shaken as she saw her opportunity right before her. She could not allow Jorah to find her like this. He would do anything to save her, even awaken the magic itself on the realm if he had to. She tried so desperately to use magic to end the future discord, ending her life in the process,
"Inir - sweet child." she mumbled as she took out a dagger from her ragged clothes, "Do you remember? When we haunted that deer at the North?" Inir nodded quickly, eager to help her in anyway - but her face showed the contrary, "Remember that - I told you, the deer was suffering." Inir continued to nod as if that was not listening, or understanding what she was telling him.

"But mom - how does it-" Inir tried to ask but then-

"Inir... mom is - suffering." the child became as cold as the end of the world. His voice was nothing but a faint memory. He was no longer capable to speak but to act in consequence. He had her mother in such a high esteem, he would never hesitate - no matter what she did, or asked her. Inir made a step forward. The mother offering her dagger to him in order to end it, "You are - such a wonderful boy. I wish - " she coughed in pain, no longer able to hold the blade on her own but Inir catches it as her mother lays on the ground, face looking up at the sky, gasping for each brief breathe while it becomes harder and harder, "Inir!" she insists, "Please..." breaking on tears. Half part of her face already becoming dark, "Don't abandon me.-" becoming blind and powerless. Her heart beat slowing down - yet the pain only did intensify.

"Please mom-" he whispered as he could hear her cry and shout in pain, "Please mom, tell me what to do!" he yelled back at her, but she was not capable to think properly, only to yell by the pain, to cry herself to dead - but there was a long way before that, "Please! Stop crying! Please stop!" he closed his eyes, "Stop!" almost naturally. Almost not even considering. But then he felt the blood coming out from the surface, tainting his hands, his face. When he opened his eyes, her mother finally found her end.

The darkness on her moved away, stroking the child's cheeks before becoming part of the tree's shade. But he would never be able to see that, for the only thing he could see was her mother, cold, lifeless.

"Alary!" then, the voice of Jorah Warden arrived.

(( While we wait! ))

Nightfall
As the sky darkened, so did the palace. Drapes were shut, the rooms lit by torches and candlelight. The palace was quiet, tense as they waited. Waited for battle. Men armored and lined up, wielding weapons of all sorts. Some more experienced wielded weapons especially meant for Shades, some wielded weapons of fire. Men stood at attention, awaiting Roberts command, standing in straight rows, stiff and tense. Rain pelted the ground, pattering against wood and stone, the only sound heard in the silent night.

Up, lining walls, bows wrapped on there backs. , overlooking the oaks and pines, men and women alike. There faces in grim determination, awaiting Azalea's command to fire. There arrows tipped with flame. Azalea stood at the top of the tower, the highest point of the keep, her rapier at her side, her bow drawn, tipped with a flaming arrow. With her sharp eyes and precise aim, she was assigned to the archers, and alerting when Vauzuhm arrived.

Her red hair dripped in long strands, soaked through, water running down her tightly strung leather arm. Alert, keeping a sharp eye for any sign of movement amount the trees.

Then, the nightlife went quiet. Too quiet. Everything was silent. But Azalea could see nothing. She narrowed her eyes, then she caught it, below through the trees, invisible foxes moving branches and tree limbs, silent as the night itself. The only thing that gave them away were the leaves movements, the rapid snapping of twigs. Azalea raised a finger, the archers drew there bows. She waited for them to come closer, tension thick in the air. When she fired, that was the signal.

The signal that battle had begun.

They came closer and closer, the archers began to get uneasy but still Azalea waited. She raised two fingers in the darkness, the archers in nearly perfect synch, took aim. Azalea took aim. More seconds ticked by, the mass of invisible Shades approached.

Azalea fired.

A silent thwang in the night, a small flame in the darkness. It flew through the air, landing into a Shade below, its invisible shape took form as it let out a demonic, inhuman scream and began to burn. That was the signal. The archers released their arrows, a dozen of silent thwangs, flame lit up the sky as hundreds of flame-tipped arrows rained down upon the Shades.
That was Roberts signal.

It was time.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi thetasfiasco thetasfiasco H HeckingHeck ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

I N I R W A R D E N

From inside the hall, Inir managed to see the first arrow passing through the clouds and he smirked. He was not beside the soldiers at the yard behind the walls. He stood near by the tunnel first entrance as he commanded the civilians to move out of the way. Most of them too scare to keep order. Although he was not completely sure if this was the best course of action. Considering that, maybe, The Keep was not worth the risk - even if as a symbol.

Cross was right at the other side as he was given the task, just like Inir himself to carry the civilians out of the siege. But Inir already ensured that, at the order end, some guards were ready to receive them since he tricked them to believe Arkady would be there. He then directed his attention to Cross and said, "The siege started. We won't have much time to get them out of here."

He grasped for his sword as he draw it out, his glance looking slightly above him as he responded, "Have you ever killed a shade?" he then paused, "In close combat..." obviously not referring to something as simple as to shoot a bolt to the beast.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Arkady Arsenyev
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow H HeckingHeck Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Arkady stumbled, coughing up murky blood, the darkening from the fumes in the tunnels. He'd be regretting falling asleep in there for days, if not weeks. He fell against a tree, sliding his back down it until he was rested against the cold, hard ground, a relief he'd refused to give himself until he was with Azalea, back at the keep. He shook his head, and looked down at his hand, bringing it up so he could see it better. The place where he was bit had gotten puffy, and yellow with pus on the inside. It was more nasty than the rat that bit him. He didn't even want to see his leg...

Arkady let out a short cry as he attempted to stand, falling forward onto his hands, due to the shearing pain in his leg. He let out a huff, and carried on, running towards the commotion he'd been hearing. It was louder, now. He could make out battle cries. The siege had started.

He only stopped his seemingly endless sprint for a moment, to gaze at a second sun: a wall of flaming arrows. He sprinted for the nearest tree; the forest lighting up as the first arrows hit. He put his back to the tree and braced as the arrows flew into the woods around him, flying so fast he could feel their impact from feet away. He shut his eyes- waiting for an arrow to stick into his shoulder, or puncture his foot. It never came, though. The wall of arrows ceased their impact before he could be struck. His luck ran out then and there, though.

He'd been running through and past shades for god knows how long... They were all around him, their appearance now vivid with the fire burning rampant. "Oh, fuck-!" He dove out from his cover, stumbling to his feet. He walked backwards for a few moments, eyeing the shades, who were all more focused on not touching the fire than chasing him. After he nearly fell, Arkady realized how stupid he was acting, and began running.

After a few close calls, with fire and shade alike, Arkady rammed through the gate to the garden him and Azalea were in earlier, shocking the guards positioned there. Arkady turned, kicking the gate shut furiously, before buckling over, catching his breath. Without hesitation, he looked up to one of the guards. "Hand me your sword, peasant." He joked. The guard gave him a confused look, before holding out his sword. Arkady laughed weakly, standing up straight and patting the man on the back. "It's more useful in your hand than mine." He looked back at the keep. Without a word, he began running towards it.

He burst through the door, witnessing the chaos that the keep was. People running from position to position- supplying more arrows and oil where needed. He shook his head, leaving the door open and running to find Azalea; or even Inir or Robert. He needed to know the full situation.

And find a shirt. That was priority number one.

Robert Mure

The front gate had been closed and barracaded to an extend. The inner keep and halls was the fortress now. Robert sat on the gatehouse of the keep watching as the troops fire their arrows. The archers lined the inner walls and windows, firing with peasant conscripts running back and forth giving supplies. The main gate was lined with barrels of oil. Should they get close, one lucky arrow would set the walls ablaze.

Robert watched as Azalea fired her arrows, it was an awesome inspiring site. Women in the military, though unheard of, never applied to nobility. He rolled his left shoulder, still black from the arrow he was struck by months ago. It seemed to be aching as the battle drew more intense.

"Azalea! You have the forward defences!" Robert shouted to her, "I'll have the keep!"

Robert quickly ordered a couple men to continue fortifying the keep. For the heel around it, the hall was still a majestic site with great wooden balconies lining the sides and a brilliant red carpet in the center. It was much to the contrast of the aged walls outside keep.

He didn't know where Inir or Cross went or even Arkady, he hated that. A traitor was on the loose, a mercenary was left unchecked and a once honorable man is left to his own devices. More demons were drawing closer now as the battle finally grew larger. This battle would decide the fate of Arlan and perhaps the fate of Sarthenfall.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

"Heh 50 of the beasts at most. Sword, dagger, I have had experience killing these things. Just cause I'm a mercenary doesn't mean I don't kill monsters. I'm not exclusively a human killer you know." Cross had his Broadsword which now had the oil they used on it. "Besides I know how to work around the downsides of this weapon. My mentor taught me that much."

I N I R W A R D E N

Mine would allow you to use such thing for the lack of reach, Inir thought but neglected to share such a commentary that would lead no-where. He then gestured out of the tunnel and said, "The civilians will reach a settlement to rest on while the siege takes the best of the Keep. My plan did not cover the entrance - once the shadows move through the gate, which will happen - The Great hall would be the last point of defense." gestures towards the tunnel now, "This will be overwhelmed by shades - the only way to avoid that is that we bring it down." he made a quick nod towards him as if the plan was final; then he directed to Cross something else, "Bring it down and then come with me to join the others - We are nothing but pawns."

He then felt on his heart, the crushing blow of the shades getting closer and closer. The hunch was almost chocking, leaving him breathless. He had to say it, the third and last time to summon Legion's army. But - to do so, he needed to let the shadows inside, he needed that the other Demon Lord breaches through the walls so it won't have a single direction to retreat. Attacked by two fronts, The Keep and The Rear. "Brother -" he whispered, hoping he was hearing, "Make ready..."

Finally, regardless of what Cross have done, he would take a step out of people's way, reaching for the stairs as he glare out from a broken window. A guard maybe tried to find a good spot to shoot, yet the spot he has chosen did not have the angle he was searching for. Instead, he ran up and up to seek for a better visibility - though for Inir was enough. He only needed to see the shape of the walls, the gate, the number of men filling the future graves on the yard.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi H HeckingHeck

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea fired another arrow, her arm getting sore from the numbers of arrows she'd been firing, not missing once, always hitting her exact shot. She barely heard Robert over the clang of metal and steel clashing. It was now full battle. A black arrow pierced into an archer below her. She was the only one top of the tower, as she insisted she needed concentration. But that also meant she could see everything. All the deaths, all the bloodshed. She did her best to keep focus. Shades and Men clashed. Azalea stopped her aiming and watched, her eyes narrowed.

There were more men then Shades.

But at the beginning of the battle, there were more Shades then men. For a moment, it looked as if they were winning.

A very, brief moment.

Azalea looked down at the walls, where her archers fired from. A black mass was swelling into some large and menacing as Shades combined to make one, giant, sharp spear. Enough to blow a hole right through the walls and send the archers tumbling to there deaths. She loooked to her archers, just in time to see an unfamiliar archer, pull out a black dagger, move silently behind the archer next to him, and slit his throat.

Other archers did the same.

Below, Men who were helping there comrades stabbed there own comrades in the back. There eyes black, empty sockets.

It was a trick.

The Shades had taken the form of humans temporarily, only to stab them in the back, betray each other's trust. They'd merged in with the soldiers, and killed them when there backs were turned.

The Shades were everywhere. The odds were in the Shades hands now. They were losing.

And this was only one Demon Lords doing.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker H HeckingHeck

Azalea opened her mouth to scream out a warning before she felt the cold steel of a knife against the back of her neck, sliding under her necklace in one, quick fluid motion, and breaking it from her neck, sending it flying into the darkness. Azalea caught the glimpse of silver in the dark before the knife slid into her waist, a hand clamped around her mouth to keep her from screaming.

She was shoved to the ground, not able to catch herself from the burning pain in her side. She caught a glimpse of long pale blonde hair before a boot kicked her in the gut, sending her rolling down a set of spiral stone stairs. When she finally stopped rolling, she found herself lying on cold heard stone, in the darkness, the only light in the room brought in from one arched, simple window, flames from outside casting light into the room. The upper section of the tower.

Azalea faintly heard the sound of boots, walking down the steps at a even pace. She rolled unto her stomach, clutching her side with one hand, she staggered upright, her other hand pulled out her rapier from her side, she struggled to ignore the deep, bleeding cut in her side.

Vauzuhm's cold eyes met hers, blood stained his rich armor, men's blood, maybe even her own. He drew his sword. Even though he didn't need it.

The two clashed metal and silver again, Azalea managed another cut to his arm. He was toying with her, she knew because she'd done this with countless enemies. He wasn't aiming to kill. She had lots of cuts all over her body, Vauzuhm only had a few. They'd been clashing for more then ten minutes by now. Azalea took a daring move and lunged, stabbing into Vauzuhm's leg in a soft spot of his armor, he let out an irritated hiss of breath.

She really wished she took the time to train with the rapier more.

Azalea weakly blocked Vauzuhm's attack, perhaps sending this, Vauzuhm lunged at her, slicing her wrist, Azalea dropped her rapier, diving to the floor and dodging his swinging fist. She attempted to get back up, but sank to the floor with a cry as she suddenly felt herself become weaker by seconds. Vauzuhm's magic was pain itself.

Feeling as if her limbs had no blood, Azalea found herself in to much pain to even lift a finger. She felt Vauzuhm's cold tip of his sword lightly tracing her flat stomach, Azalea sucked in a sharp breath. Vauzuhm kneeled unto one knee in front of her, cocking his head as if he were a child, staring curiously at a new toy, shadows danced across his sharp angular face, making him look more menacing.

"Look at me," he said coldly.

Azalea didn't, stubborn, she looked at the wall behind him instead. Vauzuhm sighed.

"I said look at me, please." His tone calm and even with a hint of irritation. He was met with Azalea glaring at the wall.

He grabbed her jaw, snapping her head to look at him. Azalea barely managed to choke at the pain. "So stubborn," he murmured, squeezing her jaw, Azalea felt a click. "One of your most dominant traits, along with this." Vauzuhm said softly, running a thumb along a cut on her cheek, getting her blood on his thumb.

"I told you I would get my warriors," he said in a cold, calm and even tone. His ice eyes taking in every inch of her angry expression with pure curiosity and amusement. "And I will." He placed his hand just below her collar bone, flat on her skin, Azalea began to feel a burning, blinding pain where his hand was, the hand holding her jaw tightened to keep her from screaming, Azalea could smell burning flesh. After nearly two minutes passed of this, he removed his hand from her collarbone.

"I have quite the list of people I intend to grab," he said in a soft tone as Azalea drew in rapid breaths, pain overwhelming her. "Robert, Inir, The traitor, the mercenary."

How was he getting his information? The only answer was that someone was giving him all this information. From inside the walls. Someone had betrayed them.

A giant, rumbling sound seized the air, she could feel the ground shake as the Shades blew a giant hole into the wall from there giant spear formation. She could hear people scream from outside, the battle raged on.

"Do you know where I can find them? Hmmm?" Vauzuhm questioned Azalea, ignoring the commotion outside. She kept her mouth clamped shut. Pain burst in her jaw as he squeezed it. "Well?" He snapped angrily.

"Rot in hell," Azalea whispered, her eyes meeting his own angry glare. Vauzuhm gritted his teeth in frustration. He wanted to find them. All of them.

Arkady Arsenyev
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow H HeckingHeck

Arkady ran through the halls, trying to remember where Azalea had dragged him on their way to her room. Maybe Inir just locked her in? Arkady had no idea how bad the fight was going. It didn't sound good, though. He pushed past guards, finally finding the staircase they went up originally. He groaned, his lungs aching, and his leg in unbearable pain.

He climbed the stairs, buckling over when he reached the top. He was so confident, striding into the keep like it was nothing... He was on the verge of giving up. He stumbled onto his hands and knees, coughing up murky blood on the floor. He looked up, seeing Azalea's door just over a dozen feet away. And just behind it; a man, stabbing a civilian in the back.

Arkady didn't run to save him. Azalea's door was wide open. She wasn't there. There was no point...

He rolled onto his back. Down at the bottom of the staircase, he could hear screams. Inside, too. Something was wrong... They shouldn't have gotten in. Arkady stumbled to his feet, glaring at the man that he'd saw moments before, stabbing his fellow man. It was like his eyes weren't there. His dagger was dressed in black, like he'd dipped it in paint.

Footsteps barreled up the staircase behind him. It sounded like a herd of horses on a wooden floor. Arkady shook his head, and ran for Azalea's room. He slammed the door behind him, hearing the men reach the top of the stairs just as the door slammed. It felt like everything happened in an instant... How could it all just go so wrong?

Arkady turned around, facing the door. He took a step back. Then another, and another. He was choked up. He stopped walking, staring at the door with blurry eyes. Every sound that came into his ears jumbled together, rising in pitch until all he could hear was a fine, piercing buzzing noise.

He swallowed, and waited for the door to break open.

---

I'm sorry, Momma. I can't run anymore. You always said I was a runner... But you said that if dad was around, he'd call me a fighter. You're both right. On any other day, I could do both, and then some. Just not today... Not anymore.

I'm sorry, Sis. I wasn't there for you... Maybe you'd be here now if I were. You must be so disappointed in your big brother... I hope you are. I hope you're watching right now, giving me that pitiful look you can never get off your face... I deserve it.

I'm sorry, Da. You'll never see your little boy fighting till the end. You'll never get to hear me say your name, like Ma said you always wanted. I'm sorry your little boy is weak... I'm sorry I couldn't fight for you.

I'm sorry, Azalea. Princess. I always wanted to be able to say I kissed a princess... Da would be so proud. Maybe that's why leaving you hurts the most... I'll never get to brag. I'll never get to see your face when I save you. When I prove to you that I'm staying for good... I'm sorry I couldn't stay for you...

---

Arkady wiped a tear from his eye. The ringing in his ears dissolved into nothing. The searing in his leg faded. The burning in his lungs cooled. And he ran.

He let the windowsill stop him, putting his hands on it to make sure he didn't fly over. He looked down, seeing the bodies left behind by the shades. And then he looked up. He shook his head, and started climbing.

---

I can't change what happened to Momma and Sis. I'll probably never find my Da... But there's still time to find Azalea.

---

Arkady got to the roof of the keep, the winds pushing against him as he climbed. He grunted, kneeling on the roof and clinging on. He didn't have enough time... He couldn't go back. It was too dangerous... He had to keep going. Get a vantage.

It's what Azalea would tell me to do.

((Fuck- This didn't turn out how I wanted it to at all. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone with my shitty writing.., I'm pressed for time. If I didn't get this out now, it probably wouldn't have gotten out till tonight.))

"Wait bring down- Oh nevermind hold those bastards off!. I'll bring down whatever you want if we bring it down on top of them. Just fight for now!" Cross lit his sword as he killed three demons in quick succesion. One had Cross' sword split it's head and another cleaved in two. The third Cross ran through and watched it squirm before it died.

I N I R W A R D E N

Then, after the illusion that was a winning fight. Inir behold how shadows killed the guards from behind. It was a trick, a trick he was not able to see through. His heart froze for a moment before he shouted, "No!" as he witnessed another guard go down, and then another.

Inir dashed out of the window, holding his sword as a shadow was about to kill a civilian that was struggling for it's life. The shadow prepared the spear, recoiling before the needed thrust but it was deflected away by Inir's blade. Pushing the beast away as he used the stone on the ground to set ablaze his sword, a second blow would kill the shadow almost instantly, "Move!" Inir yelled once more as he saw another three shadows finishing killing the guards that were holding the gates of the fortress and the hall, "Cross! Blow the tunnel up - Now!" he commanded with desperation as he returned his attention to the beast, the flames of his sword dying.

He took a tighter grip on his sword, taking a step back slowly as the three monsters followed him, leaning forward like hungry predator. There was no time, he had to say it - "Legion -" he almost muttered between his teeth, "They are among us." once the last word had been sent. One of the shadows lunged forward with it's spear though Inir managed to parry it and slash the creature, moving forward already facing the next one, while the other tried to flank him from the sides. The bottom of one of the weapon would reach Inir's head - delivering a quick dry blow. Almost stunning him, but he kept on his feet. Then, he dashed forward crushing a shadow against the wall as his left hand reached for the oil on his belt - throwing it to the ground. Then, a quick attack would set the floor ablaze. Diving the demon and him from the tunnel's entrance.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

L E G I O N

And so he heard - Legion was waiting with the largest army of Vorch soldiers there ever was, hiding on the darkness of the forest. His horse and knights that followed him were waiting with exaggerated patience as they watched the Keep being assault for what looks to be the void itself. "Giant ballista." he commanded almost as if whispering the orders to the commanders around him, then the commander would raise his banner and make a signal to the siege weapon. The leafs would be removed, showing six enormous weapons of destruction from the old age - a giant crossbow capable to fire objects at high speed and accuracy, "Use fire. Aim for the tower - gate - and the fortress itself." the commander ride away from Legion as he passed the word to the siege weapons.

A general specially would arrive without a horse, but the shield of "The Order of the Bear" it was no one but Huge Malevar himself. He bowed his head towards Legion as if asking for permission, it's blessing. Legion nodded back, as if it was the only thing to be done. The Lord Commander walked away from Legion as it revealed the numerous amount of soldiers, their significant different types of weapons - from bows - axes and swords. But all of them carrying a shield that seemed to be a symbol regardless of it's prime functionality. Huge would then asks with loud and prideful voice,
"Who owns Sarthenfall?" the man yell, "We do!" Huge would ask once more, expecting more than just an agreement, "Who *owns* Sarthenfall!?" the man's cry seems to be louder, "We do!" then Huge would extend both of his arms, holding his axe and shield and request once more, "Show me!"

Then, the horns of war would sign the last song. A noise so strong that the ground seems to shake as Vorch's people claimed their arrival. Deafening and powerful sound that seems to consume people's will in fear - as soldiers weep in terror. And once the silence did only consume such horn, great balls of fire would cross the sky and land on The Keep. Two of them would fail and reach the walls, burning whoever was there. The rest reached their destination, one hitting the tower, being deflected and moving through the roof - the yard would reach two balls of fire, burning shadows and men alike - and the last at fortress itself making a hole into the hall.

Then - only the war cry of countless men and women was left - raising their shields above their head as each of their swords seem to have an endless flame. Archers coming from behind, holding in their grasp their bows and hooks in order to climb the walls.

Legion did only stay behind for a few moments - then, he drive his horse towards the gates, followed by his own king's guard wearing dark cloaks and bear's head.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow H HeckingHeck thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

Last edited:
Arkady Arsenyev
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Arkady finally reached the top of the roof, leaning back and gripping the peak of the roof with both hands. He laid on his back, eyes the woods. It felt like, for a moment, the fighting ceased. The sound of metal on metal, and man on man stopped for but a moment. A brief second in an hours-long battle. But that one second, made all the difference.

Arkady laughed as men and women charged from the woods towards the keep, brutally taking down shades in their path. He heard a war horn, and his heart rose back into his chest, beating at full-force.

He shook his head in disbelief, smiling and looking towards a balcony embedded in the roof a few dozen feet away. "Whew. I thought I was gonna have to climb back down.." He joked, before slowly making his way to the balcony.

He hopped down into the balcony from the section of roof above, still laughing. They were gonna win. For sure. He just had to make sure Azalea was alright...

He sighed, and forced himself away from the view. He pushed open the balcony doors, entering into another balcony on the inside of the keep, this one stretching over a hall. He placed his hands on the rail, listening in to the nearly silent halls.

"Rot in hell..."

Arkady shuddered a little. "You aren't talking to me, are you?" He didn't even stop to ask where she was, or make sure it was Azalea. He could recognize her voice anywhere. He began making his way over to the stairs that led down into the hall.

"I told you I'd come back, didn't I?" He asked happily, a slight hint of pride in his voice as he stepped down into the hall, looking both ways to see if he could see her. He couldn't.

Azalea Dilaurentis
Both heads whipped at the sound of Arkady's confident, cocky voice. Vauzuhm's grinned animalistically. He looked down a panic stricken Azalea, both shrouded by the dark shadows in the room.

"Perhaps he'll answer me instead." Vauzuhm whispered coldly, grinning triumphantly, as if he'd lured Arkady there himself. He stood, grabbing his sword, he pressed it into Azalea's stomach, threatening to go deeper. Azalea sucked in a sharp breath once more, attempting to get out of contact with the cold, menacing jagged blade, but her all attempt failed nonetheless. Too weak to even utter a word of warning to Arkady.

He drew the sword away, bending down and grabbing Azalea harshly by her bleeding wrist, he yanked her up, Azalea cried out in pain from the searing cut at her waist and wrist, both bleeding heavily. Azalea wobbled on her feet, she stumbled as Vauzuhm dragged her out of the shadows and into the light, in Arkady's sight, Azalea found herself with her back pressed against Vauzuhm's chest and the sword at her throat, if not for Vauzuhm's hand at her waist, she would've fallen.

"Ah!" Vauzuhm began in a mock tone with a triumphant, maniacal grin. "Arkady I presume, judging by Azalea's reaction, I was just looking for you actu-"

Vauzuhm was cut off as a giant explosion of flames hit the tower, shaking the structure, and blowing a hole into the room they stood in. Vauzuhm shrieked at the great mass of flames, letting go of Azalea, who fell to the floor in a heap, disappearing in a black mist. The flames licked at the new hole in the tower, Azalea could barely lift her head from the floor as she searched for Arkady's face.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

Arkady Arsenyev
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Arkady perked up when he heard Azalea cry out in pain, slowly turning around to face her. He wasn't expecting her to have company. He swallowed as the two crept further and further into the light, each step revealing how dire their situation was. Despite the need for assessing the threat, Arkady couldn't keep his eyes off Azalea's stomach. Her wrist, too. His voice caught in his throat. I'm so sorry... I should've stayed here, with you... He felt tears, raw emotion prodding at his eyes, urging him to let loose. It felt like someone was ripping his brain apart as he tried to process all the things he could say that would make the moment lighter. Jokes to mock them all, to make them laugh. He couldn't find the heart to say any of them.

'Choked up' didn't even begin to express how Arkady was feeling when the man started talking. All he could think about was how he'd left her behind, again, without a second thought... This was all his fault. Everything. All of this.. It could've been prevented. I'm not backing away this time. He swallowed. This time, I'll be here. For Az. His mind flashed with thoughts of how he'd left everyone behind.. His mom, his sister... Even Azalea. Twice, now. Third time's the charm, though, right?

Arkady didn't even flinch when the explosion cut through the eerie feeling floating about the hall. All the sadness, regret and sorrow that was coursing through him turned to pure rage. Without a word, he ran forward, sprinting as fast as his legs would allow him. He dove through the air at the last moment, turning and slamming into the man that was holding Azalea at full speed, his good shoulder taking the majority of the impact.

Unlike when he landed on Inir earlier, Arkady broke his own landing, planting his forearm and his hand on the man's chestplate as they slid. After the impact was through and done, Arkady put a hand on the man's throat, the other grasping the wrist of the hand holding his sword. Arkady pressed the man's wrist into the hard floor as the flames crept near, his other hand moving up from the man's throat and forming a fist. He delivered a punch to the man's nose, putting all the weight he could behind him. He adjusted himself so he was practically sitting on the man's chestplate, leaning over him slightly, with his legs at the man's side pointing down at his feet. Arkady reeled back again, punching the man in the same spot. After he'd gotten comfortable with the pain, he started whaling on the man's face, using the same motion over and over, not saying a word. His face was twisted in rage, a few stray tears flowing down his cheeks as he kept hitting the man; intent on breaking his damned skull into powder with his bare hands, no matter how many hours it took. He knew the man would struggle; but, hell, he was pissed, and for once he was going to let it out.

((Sorry if this was god-modding, or anything of the sort... I just figured that since Vauzuhm was an NPC (for the most part), it would at least be better than what happened with Inir. I couldn't find a way to keep Arkady passive while keeping him aligned with his personality.))

L E G I O N

Would sense Vauzuhm's essence in the full night which held the great siege. He raised his head above towards the tower and knew well what to do. Waving his hand in the air, a dome of magic raised keeping the shadows inside - attempting to cage the Demon Lord's essence inside, not allowing it from escaping from The Keep on his shapeless form.

"Vauzuhm -" his voice echoed into the void while his horse would be only 10 meters away from the gates. His soldiers already hooking on the walls and getting into position. Their shields acting as barrier between life and death - protecting their archers from the shadows and Arlan's soldiers that did not distinguish their banner. Regardless, the archers fired at both - shadows and men alike, forcing them to retreat.

A second siege began, the ballistas fired once more reaching the Keep and the Tower once more, none missed now. However, the second round mixed up the flames with explosive powder in order to destroy crush the morality. The tower, on it's current state, would not be completely capable to stand against a second wave. Although the flames were coming at high speed - Azaela and Arkady would have time to run away from the storm.

However - on the gates, thousands of soldiers already formed up raising their shields making a wall of themselves - waiting for Legion's command. The Demon Lord simply raised his hand, and gestured it forward as if grabbed from the distance with his bare mind. The gate struggled as the wood and metal started to make cracking noise. Then, Legion pushed his hand forward and the gates fly off the gate door - almost as quickly as his gestures. Vorch soldiers advanced with their shields over them to avoid ranged fire. From it's flanks, a few arches would try to sneak into the heat of battle, shooting arrows to whatever few forces remained in order to conquer the yard - steps away from the fortress.

"Your time has come, Lord Vauzuhm -" claimed Legion as he dismounted his horse and walked among his King's guard who dismounted as well - letting the horse dash away without control. Careless of where they went. Soldiers kept coming from behind, wearing the colors of the darkness almost acting as if they were shadows themselves.

Meanwhile, the Keep was finally surrounded by Vorch soldiers, taking places with their shields and archers. Horsemen deployed outside the battlefield with the task to kill all that retreats - using chained maces of fire that they would swing along to crush armor and the like.

Cross ran forward to see some sort of barrels filled with powder in the tunnel. He knew what he had to do. He took his still aflame sword and a decent sized stick. He lit the stick and threw it at an exposed bit of powder. The resulting explosion sent Cross skidding back but he did the job. One collapsed tunnel to separate the Civilians from the fighters. He turned around to help the others with his sword slowly becoming dimmer. "Inir consider that Tunnel Collapsed!"

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea found Arkady, his back to her as he repeatedly punched Vauzuhm in the face, who despite it all was laugh maniacally, even as his he began coughing up black, thick liquid. In one quick moment, Vauzuhm had disappeared out from underneath Arkady, where Arkady would only be left punching air. He reappeared some distance behind Arkady. He swept up Azalea's rapier off the floor, he threw his arm back to throw the sword into Arkady but stopped quiet suddenly, as if hearing something. He glanced out of the hole in the tower, looking down at something, before raising his head to the sky, feeling the magic dome.

Vauzuhm smiled.

"Legion," Vauzuhm said softly, ignoring Arkady and Azalea. "Of course. I thought I felt something rather, disgusting in that Inir warrior." Vauzuhm sneered at Legion from the tower, communicating in Legions head, but still uttering the words. "Sorry to inform you, but these here are mine. I've already claimed one so. I just need a few more, including your toy." Vauzuhm said calmly.

Azalea weakly touched her collar bone, where Vauzuhm had burned her. She flinched as she felt the jagged burn that formed a letter 'V'. Vauzuhm had branded her, as he did all his slaves. She guessed he had planned to do the same before getting interrupted by some "Legion."

Azalea focused on the noises outside. She couldn't hear the sounds of battle any longer. What had happened? Did they win? Did they lose? Azalea slumped against the floor, feeling the warm, sticky blood staining her torso and arms. But why did she feel so cold?

"Are you even aware you have stumbled upon the last Royals, Legion? I doubt so, but if you did I appluad you so." Vauzuhm said in a fake, mocking tone.

Who the hell was he talking to?

Vauzuhm turned to Arkady and Azalea. "We'll meet again, another time naturally. It seems we've been rudely interrupted! Nonetheless, I'll come to reclaim you all soon enough, Master can finally complete his plans when I do." Vauzuhm said pleased He strided to the tower door that opened up to the hallway, he paused, turning to Azalea with a grin. "He'd asked for a dance, Miss Azalea." He said in a silky voice before stepping into the hallway.

Azalea paled completely, hardly having the energy to cringe and look angry at the same time.

a frantic man ran through the halls, fleeing the battle. He shrieked as Vauzuhm stepped directly in front of him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and dragged him into the room with Arkady and Azalea.

Vauzuhm dragged the man up the tower stairs, at the top of it, outside, which overlooked the entire Keep. The poor soldier kicked wildly but it was no use against Vauzuhm. "Where is that pesky necklace, ah! Here it is!" Vauzuhm dragged the man over to where the Azalea's necklace lay on the ground. He pointed at it.

"Pick it up." He demanded to the trembling soldier.

The soldier hesitated.

"I SAID PICK IT UP!" Vauzuhm roared enraged, showing finally the slightest bit of fear of losing his life, of Legion.

The man obeyed, scooping the necklace up in his shaking fingers, Vauzuhm glanced behind him, where an explosive fireball flew towards the tower once more.

"THROW IT!" Vauzuhm screamed at the man, pointing at the magic barrier. The man threw his arm back and did, the silver necklace flew through the air.

The necklace hit the magic barrier without a sound and a flash of a bright, orange-yellow, not containing enough magic to destroy it, but to make it waver, buying Vauzuhm enough time to escape the Keep unharmed, however, leaving his Shades in the dust.

Vauzuhm was gone.

The magic barrier came back up almost instantly, but it was to late. Azalea's necklace fell on the grass below with a soft thud.

Azalea's breathing slowed, her eyes found Arkady. She smiled weakly at him. "Arkady... you...came back." Azalea croaked weakly.

It'd be a miracle if she survived. A big miracle indeed, anyone could tell that from just looking at her.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Users who are viewing this thread