IC RP

L E G I O N

Stared up as the demon managed to escape by some silver object that fly off from the tower, hitting the barrier almost instantly. A nice throw. However, he patted one of his King's guard and commanded to follow the object that was falling. Now on his power. He then chanted another sentence - "You will fall - You have only delay the inevitable." then turned to face the last gate that stopped him from conquering the Keep for himself and extended his hand towards it, but instead of pushing, he pulled. The gates breaks apart almost instantly, shattering it with a single move. Then - the shield wall would advance until there was no man or shade capable to stand against them. Breaking what little morale they had.

Legion advance later on, taking place on the hall that would be already covered with Vorch soldiers.

I N I R W A R D E N

"Yes - finally." he responds to Cross until the face of a spear reaches him, almost slapping his face, cutting his cheek. Then a second thrust would reach his right shoulder, denting the armor and reaching the flesh. He tried to grasp the situation at hand while he steps back trying to take off the spear from his shoulder - but naturally - the shadow intends otherwise and push forward. Inir is force to let go of his sword, having no control of his arm, "Legion!" he yelled as he closed his eyes - "Brother!" he yelled once more when the gates shattered like paper.

The three shades tried to stand and fight, but the shield wall made their attacks useless. Finally, the three would fall against the numerous amount of soldiers. The Vorch guards would ran to all directions, covering every single inch of all the Keep - forcing people into submission. If someone refused, it would be killed without hesitation. With the unique exception of Lord Robert who might be on the hall, surrounded by shields, axes and arrows ready to make a last display only for him.

When the guards saw Cross - A vanguard soldier, wielding it's heavy shield imposed himself over him. While two archers covered him from behind. More and more soldiers would fill the place. Meanwhile, some may see that there is still more people to get inside, but choose to protect the walls with their shields and bows. Killing whatever tries to escape.

(( Waiting on Prox to show Legion on the hall. ))

Arkady Arsenyev
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow H HeckingHeck ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Arkady felt his hand connect with the floor, wincing, and letting out a grunt. The man was gone. He turned to look at Azalea, stopping when he caught a glance of the man. He quickly got to his feet; though he would've undoubtedly been impaled had the man not been distracted. Arkady swallowed, his fists clenched, ready to attack the man. For Azalea's sake, though, he didn't. He didn't know what would happen if he messed up again, and he decided to take his anger out on her. He felt as if his hands would break he clenched them so hard, as the man stated that he'd see them again. He kept his mouth shut, though. Azalea was in no condition to save him if he said the wrong thing; like he always does.

Once the man left, Arkady eyed the exit for more than a few moments. He was snapped back into reality when he heard Azalea. His eyes widened, and he looked down at her. He instantly choked up, kneeling down next to her. "S-Shut up.. Idiot.." He was shaking. He put his hand on hers, looking into her eyes for a few moments, before forcing himself to look away; his eyes drifting down to her stomach. "I shouldn't have left..." His voice cracked, and his hand clenched around hers.

"A-Az.. I'm so sorry..." He held back tears, forcing his hand away from hers. The fire was getting closer and closer to them... Their army was in tatters. Who even knew where Robert was... And from what he could put together, there was an army of enemies just sitting outside. Waiting.

Arkady put a hand under Azalea's knees, and another under her shoulders, lifting her up without consent. He didn't know how long she had, and she certainly wasn't fighting back any time soon. He didn't have a choice. He looked down at Azalea, walking down the hall. "You're going to be okay..." He forced a smile, tears steadily flowing down his cheeks. "Okay?" He didn't wait for an answer. He was in denial. He believed his own words with all his heart. He just hoped she had as much faith as he did...

Arkady carried Azalea into the hall, noticing the flow of enemy soldiers seemingly pouring through the doors. He was walking as if he had all the time in the world, tears still streaming down his face. He saw a brief flash of Inir, before being surrounded by guards.

((Your move, Borker. Do whatever.))

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea gave Arkady a light squeeze of his hand as he put his hand over hers, her eyes watching his face, his distress, his tears of sorrow. Was she going to die? Azalea wasn't scared. She was okay with it. Her family was gone, all the deaths, the millions of people, it was all her fault. What would Arkady think? Would he find out some day, if he made it through this.

Azalea tried to give him a reassuring, warm smile, her eyes watered at his apology, at the pain in her body. At the lives she's taken. "Shhh..." Azalea said softly and weakly in a comforting manner. "You did...everything..you could do..." Azalea croaked out, a warm tear of hers rolled down a cheek. "Please...don't..blame...yourself." Azalea smiled, closing her eyes as she felt Arkady's hand slip out from under hers.

She felt herself scooped up, only now noticing Arkady's terrible smell, mixed with rainwater. Lump in his arms, Azalea still had enough of it in her to say; "Ack...Arkady...you smell...awful." She said with a faint smile as he walked down the hall with her in his arms.

"I...I didn't know...what he..would do... but...I-I had to...set him...free." Azalea said deliriously, talking about Ahren/Somiss, as if he would know. She realized they stopped moving. Azalea opened her eyes, thinking she must've died or something, and found Arkady and herself surrounded by guards, against them. People she didn't recognize.

"Am I in hell?" Azalea asked hoarsely, still slightly delirious, blood soaked her armor and dripped into the floor in quiet, but rapid drips.

In the library, among the warm golds and browns of the book-lined walls, Lily took charge of the decoration making. She set Ayren, who was good with pencils and colors, to watercolor bits of stationery, and Holly and the younger ones to winding and knotting yarn into balls. Over mugs of steaming cider, and the King’s slightly bemused expression at them as he penned a speech, the library echoed with laughter and warmth, and everyone felt an aura of holiday Christmas cheer.

Everyone, except Azalea. The crafting would keep the girls from dancing, and it both pleased and worried her. Shaking, Azalea kept pricking herself on the needle she used to thread the dried berries. Finally, after drawing blood from her thumb, she excused herself and ran upstairs.

It was late now. Fear curled in her stomach as she rubbed her handkerchief against the passage.

Please, she thought to herself as she pushed through the passage. Please…please…let her aunt be all right….

Azalea rushed through the silver forest and arrived at the bridge, shawl wrapped so tightly around her shoulders she felt them pulse. Equally tightly she grasped the necklace, her one comfort. It was magic. It, perhaps, kept Ahren from doing anything really terrible. She remembered, once, how he had flinched at it.

In the pavilion, Ahren paced, a flat silhouette against the silvers.

“Ah!” he said, without stopping to bow. “Good evening, Princess. So Her Highness feels inclined to grace me with her presence tonight. Come for a dance?”

Azalea kept her mouth shut and her feet planted on the bridge.

“Where are the rest of you?”

“It’s…Lily's birthday tonight,” she managed to stammer.

“And the night before?”

Azalea dug her fingers into the silver metal chain.

“Come now,” said Ahren. “I am only curious. You have never missed dancing before.”

“The…King read them a story, and…they fell asleep.”

“How sweet.” Ahren leaned against the arched doorframe. Twined throughout his fingers was the scarlet embroidery thread. Azaleastared at it, the red burning green into her vision. “Especially since you all hate him so much. Oh, don’t flinch like that, my lady. You think I haven’t seen it in you?” Ahren's long fingers wound around the thread, twisting it and pulling it into weblike shapes. “If it is any comfort, I hate your father as well.”

“You don’t even know him.”

“Do I have to? I hate him because he is the one of the Seven descendants, as are you. I’ve thrived on that hate. Hate, in its own way, is a virtue.”

Azalea cast a furtive glance at the willow branches behind her. She scrunched the necklace even tighter in her hand. “Mr. Ahren,” she said. “Please. About my aunt—you won’t…that is, if you could—could maybe cut—”

“Perhaps,” said Ahren, cutting her short. “Go back, and bring your cousins tomorrow. Do not miss another night. And then, we shall see. You have been looking?”

“I hardly have a choice.”

“No, you hardly do. Goosey.”

Azalea flinched at the nickname, the one her aunt used to call her. Goosey. The needle, dangling from the end of the thread, flashed in the pale light. Azalea cowered against the swirled railing of the bridge.

“Go now. Bring them back tomorrow, and dance your little dances. You will not miss another night.” His voice was dangerously smooth.

Against the pale mist of the pavilion, Ahren held up the thread, a knitted web shape between his hands. In reticulated scarlet string, it read:

3 days.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco
ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Last edited:
Robert Mure

Robert was confused by the sudden betrayal of his troops until he realized what had happened. Demons had somehow slipped in. The guards barely stood a chance due to the sudden outburst of the attack. Before drawing his sword, he lit an arrow.and fired it at the main gates. The fire he hoped would erupt would stall the demons a little longer. He dropped his bow and drew his swords, rallying what er sdkers he could.

In the hall, archers line the balcony and a wall of shields and pikes faced the gates. It was their final stand. It was a struggle to make it inside however. What he saw wasn't the conventional demon. They were human... The war around him and the confusion didn't help his understanding of the situation. He retreated to the keep to make his last stand. Whatever remained of the guard was inside, any that had made it back at least. He didn't know where Azalea was, gods if he left her he could never forgive himself.

"Soldiers! This is for our home! This is for all those that have died fighting those demon bastards!" Robert raised his sword, "This is our hold! If we die here then so be it! Let our legacy last for all we hold dear! We fight for Arlan! For Sarthenfall!"

The soldiers cheered before returning to formation. The red capes giVen to the guards were now only prominent amongst the officers. Archers on the balcony opened fire to any demon they saw, few guards protected them. Any that remained fought in the hall.

He raised his sword.

"Charge!" Robert shouted before going headfirst into the crowd of demons with the guard. It wasn't honorable to leave a Battle with a clean sword after all.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

L E G I O N & I N I R

Legion advanced into the wall, his own soldiers pushing away Robert's men out of his way. Archers moved into position as they menaced to everyone there is; they shoot one or two times in order to silenced the crossbow men that might or might not be shooting at them. But when Robert charged towards them, in order to combat the demons - Legion gestured forward, raising his arm and paralyzed Lord Robert in the place with his bare mind. Then, pushed him as he made him fly away towards the end of the hall, pretty much to the base of the throne.

Arkady and Azaela, who were practically behind Legion. Could not see what was happening over the numerous amount of shields and soldiers positioned around them. Weapons at the ready as if they were about to kill them without remorse - but that was not the plan. Seem the both were unarmed and unable to fight back, they found it a battle without honor. Yet again, they were not happy about the whole situation - a bad joke and they would cut them down.

"You Arlan's finest are so impracticable." He said as his grip on him changed from pushing forward to choke his neck. Robert guards would try to shoot at Legion but anyone who grabbed a crossbow would have an arrow on the chest, "We outnumber you, out smarted you - and out powered you." finished as he raised over his feet, continuing to chock him and then drop him on his throne, "Yield - and we shall spare your people of any more suffering."

The balcony would slowly stop shooting arrows since the soldiers out in the walls already have them pinned down - considering the siege weapons show a great display of force already. Speaking of which, the weapons were dissembled and taken inside The Keep. As if they already called it a victory.

Inir Warden would slowly pass through the soldiers, wounded from his right shoulder by a spear. He would recover his posture and say something to Robert - "Two months ago, you ran away searching for your people. Then you returned, but in the hours of greatness need - you left me for dead." he nods towards him, "Consider us, even." then, he would shift attention towards Legion, and he would kneel, "Brother, my liege, I almost lost my faith on you."

"There is still much to accomplish -" Legion shifted his attention back to Robert as he prepared his hand ready to choke him again in order for him to yield.

Last edited:
Cross was surprised as his face quickly met the ground. It only took a moment to realize something. That name must've been a word to get this army. He should've guessed. Inir seemed power hungry but this was his true colors. "You black hearted bastard! You had this planned from square one!" Cross attempted to struggle but the shield was too heavy for him to get out of. All he had strength for was that insult towards Inir.

H HeckingHeck ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea opened her eyes as someone screamed an insult, she recognized the voice to be that of the mercenary. She looked at the faces of each unfamiliar face, hostility surrounding them, though she couldn't see, she could faintly hear the conversation with Legion, Robert, and finally Inir. The insult added it up. It looked as if Inir had betrayed them right now, to some unfamiliar army, an army that had killed there own men. She desperately wished she had the strength to punch Inir in his jaw. Repeatedly.

Azalea wrapped her arms around Arkady's neck and sat up, to everyone else, it looked as if she was giving him one last goodbye hug, instead, she whispered in such a quiet, hoarse tone only he could hear, using whatever remaining strength she had.

"Listen, and listen carefully. If I..don't make it out of this... I need you to carry out my plans of Erisdar, hidden in some floorboards...in my room. I need you to fight... I want you to escape this place by whatever means possible, save Robert if you can, he is a good man Arkady. I need you to fight back, and be strong. Can you do this? For me? Promise me." Azalea whispered in a quick, hoarse, but authoritative, strong voice, she squeezed unto his neck tighter, she gritted her teeth at the burning pain, in her collar bone, where Vauzuhm had branded her with a 'V', at the giant stab wound in her waist, and at her wrist, though that didn't hurt as much, Azalea did her best to stay focused and awake, but her eyelids drooped heavily, and she knew if she closed them, they'd never open back up.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ShadowBroker ShadowBroker H HeckingHeck Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
Robert Mure

As Robert charged, he didn't expect to be so violently pushed back to the throne. The soldiers hardly seemed to notice. It would seem they were busy getting cut down. As Robert slowly got up he heard the voice of Inir. It wasn't an endearing voice he noticed nor was it a friendly one. He looked up only to see Inir kneeling to Legion. Anger suddenly grew, he shoulder aching with every word Legion spewed.

"Coward! Traitor!" Robert shouted, "I thought you were honorable! I thought you were a warrior you lying scumbag!"

Robert didn't even know what he said or why he said it, the words just so happened to come out of his mouth. He still couldn't believe Inir, the warrior who believed in honor, had betrayed them and joined the demons, the ones that have destroyed their homes. Robert slowly raised his sword and grabbed a shield from a fallen soldier. It hurt to see a man die with a sword to the back. Such a waste.

"I'll never kneel to the likes of you! Not with the company you keep, demon!" Robert shouted again.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

L E G I O N - H U G E - I N I R

Regardless of what Robert has chosen to do, his men were already disarmed, beaten and or knocked out unconscious - There were only four or five capable to fight back, though against ten times their numbers and weaponry; without counting Arkady and Azaela who were slowly guided towards the hall for they to see. The shields from their back advancing as if it was a wall pushing them forward while the sides were covered.

Legion's lords followed to the hall as well, they all seemed to be rather old around their 60 yet their scars gave away their true self for they might be stronger than any of the presents. But what was more disturbing is that, all the warriors joined Legion willingly, it was their choice. Huge Malevar, Inir's former master, was among those lords as Lord Commander of the Order; Legion's second.

"You have chosen to die with your sword - seeking for a way to triumph" Legion spoke as he used his power once more, disarming him from his sword and shattering his shield; all with it's mind. Then, the demon's voice has become deeper, "Doubtful. Your vision is *pathetically* limited." He turned around, giving Lord Robert it's back as Legion spoke with a strong convincing voice, "Those who are among us shall understand what future are you fighting for? Are you seeking for peace, serenity - a place where your children can live without fear? A realm in which you can not be afraid in the darkness?" he gave a small pause as his speech gains weight, "The oaths you swear, the hope in which you endure - they are nothing but illusions. Eventually - even stars burn out. Thus so your hopes, family and among all, history."

Legion then commanded some soldiers to grab one of the soldiers who could barely defend itself, Legion set it's hand over the man's face and this one started to scream - but in fear, not in pain. It's merely an instant, but what he saw was beyond his comprehension. Then, the man kneels before Legion, as if he was ready to follow him. Legion nods and the man speaks up to the rest, "We must follow - " he begged the rest with desperation, "The realm will watch in horror as Arlan destroys itself - Legion will save us!"

Then Inir joins to the man's speech, "Over the centuries, our kind has deny magic thus neglect it even forbid it. That was the greatest failure of both of our people - we did not change." he then showed his hand, the left one - the black like steam and darkness, the power was within him thanks to Legion, "From our wounds bleeds our memories, our names, our ambitious; we tasted oblivion and it drowns us - Like you all, we are changing."

Then, the soldier breathless, kneels ones more in horror as he starts to speak nonsense without control. Holding it's head with pain, his voice grows stronger and louder by each word spoken, "Population will be infected - The Keep overgrowth - Mothers will kill daughters as soldiers weep in Terror!" then his voice cracks, "All we love and prize - will fall. All things erode to ashes..."

Thus, Legion began to show everyone the future they are forging for their people - some go willingly, others resist - but none can withstand the horror. Meanwhile - Lord Robert would be pinned down upon it's throne by two Vorch's soldiers. Arkady, Cross and Azaela would be slowly pushed forward with the shields as their turn will come.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi H HeckingHeck

Robert Mure

Robert didn't have much of a chance to retaliate before hastily being pinned by two Vorch soldiers. He didn't see it at first but it was much clearer now, especially given the proximity, that the backstabbers were Inir's doing. His sword and shield lay on the floor longing for someone to wield it. Two months ago, Robert would hardly believe Inir would betray them but now, it was a hellish reality as he was forced to listen to their speech.

"You know not your words! If I your Vorch cowards would release me, I would have the mind to duel you right now Inir!" Robert shouted, "Dishonorable filth! Your words are lies, to poison to mind. Your reality has only brought death and suffering. Inir! How could you fall to such cowardice?"

Robert couldn't control his mouth anymore. He was too hurt and too angered emotionally to even care. He was forced to watch as Azalea and Arkady were slowly pushed forward, Cross was already watching. It would seem the group was all here. All that was required was a backstab to legion or even Inir. If he were able, Robert wouldn't mind stabbing Inir's petty face off the history books of Sarthenfall.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

Cross was unsure of what to do outside of just getting pushed. But Inirs speech about how they could turn back to magic was, right in his ears. At least from what he heard of it. "We could go back to magic but imagine what power like that could do to someone. Sure we could easily stop the shades. Sure we could do all the wonderful things magic is capable of, but at what cost? Have you even thought about that Inir? We could have hundreds of mad kings. And we know how bad a single Mad king was from the legends!"

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ShadowBroker ShadowBroker H HeckingHeck

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea didn't wait for a response from Arkady, she could feel herself slipping away, she gave Arkady a soft, peck on the cheek. Her lips were cold. She fell back, going limp in Arkady's arms once more, her eyelids drooped but she kept focused as much as she could. Enough to hear every word, Inir's voice caught her attention, her eyes snapped open as much as they could, only halfway open, it dawned on her that her words inspired Inir to do this.

Now she really wanted to die.

She kept her gaze locked on Inir, hurt, anger, and betrayal evident on her face. Her eyes watched Legion, as he submitted another man to his illusions, her gaze found Robert, screaming harsh words at Inir, her face softened, she would miss him greatly, he was a good friend, then on the fierce, bold familiar mercenary she hardly knew, Cross, she wondered where his mouth would get him, then finally up at Arkady, looking at him, her eyes taking in every inch of his detailed face, as if she may never see it again.

Azalea stared up at the ceiling as Cross began to yell, his voice sounded distant now, so did the pain, fading away into numbness. She was okay with dying, she only hoped Arkady wouldn't lose himself after her death, that he would fight, escape with Robert, refuse to submit to Legions illusions. She had many words to counter against there belief in darkness, Inir had succumbed to the Demon Lord, and it changed him completely, giving him false illusions, like the Demon Lord that made her own father kill his family, she only hoped Arkady could see the light, see the truth. She hoped Robert kept fighting like always, her only regret was not knowing more about any of them, and not being able to save them from Legion. The blood loss became too much, Azalea's eyes closed and she drifted to unconsciousness in Arkady's arms, her breathing slowed by the seconds.

H HeckingHeck thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
I N I R - L E G I O N - H U G E

"My brother has seen to it, Cross."
Inir said as he moved his attention to Cross who had minor doubts, "Kings will always be mad for more power - But he!" aims with his finger, pointing to Legion, "Brothers and Sisters! He is the rightful King of the Realm. He would never be corrupted by the magic and it's influences. He will bring us a brighter world - eradicating the seed of envy and jealousy that mankind has pursue for generations."

But then, Legion - who was wearing the face of Inir's brother, would speak on Inir's behalf towards Robert, "Cowardice - the words of a wounded man's pride." the demon let everyone to see it, "A man that has been seeking to find ways to exterminate my kin instead of unite it." All those who were not converted, began to whisper with each other, "Your people would be fighting a war that you all can not win - Even if you do stop us now, we will come back in another millennia when mankind has truly forgotten. And we'll continue to arrive until your people are no more." Legion then gestured towards Robert, it's power was going to show him the future of mankind, not his future - but the true that lays behind the war, the utterly destruction, "Join us - and together we will build an army that will defy The Great Master - thus stopping the senseless destruction, conquering your kind and cease the great decadence. We shall become King of Sarthenfall and, finally, we will bring peace and sanity."

Inir shakes his head towards Robert, "You can not stop the change, not as much as you can stop the sun from setting. The dark is generous Robert - it gift is the comforting illusion you live on. You believe the night is temporally, that every night brings a new day - but it's the day that is temporally, light is the illusion." he responded as he then look from over his shoulder, gazing at both Arkady and Azaela almost too wounded to respond back. She seem to be too pale to react. He then looked back at Legion and said, "Brother - Lady Azaela." the demon stopped moving, moving his attention towards Azaela and Arkady. The V sign commanding that they are now Vauzuhm's property.

Legion nodded towards Inir as the demon walked away from Robert and focused on Arkady and Azaela,
"The girl that survived the plunder of Zael lays in the arms of the one that fears it's own death." Legion spoke as if he knew the man on it's totality. But then, he pointed at the V sign on her and responded, "I can let Arkady join us but Azaela - She has been tainted by Vauzuhm's mark - she is it's slave " Legion then folded his arms behind him as the guards pointed their spears towards Arkady's back, leaving little space to maneuver, "However, I can give you the means to destroy him and free her from it's mark. As repayment, We will give you a gift of your choice. As you will witness now, we enough power to cheat - death." His right hand raises and some of the wounds inside her, the bleeding, she slowly began to regenerate. Fixing it's wounds, and this leaves a question, How could a power that restores be evil at all? But of course, Arkady may not accept it.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi H HeckingHeck thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Last edited:
Arkady Arsenyev
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow H HeckingHeck ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Everything blurred together in Arkady's ears, except for Azalea's voice when she pulled herself up to him. He adjusted his arms so she wouldn't have to keep herself up on her own, though he made sure that if she let go, he would be able to quickly let her back down to her normal position. That changed when he started processing what she was saying. He hugged her as tightly as possible, his chin resting on her shoulder. He made sure he wouldn't forget a single word she said. But why Robert..? What had he missed? In his mind, Robert was worthless. A child, playing 'king' with his friends. But if that's what Azalea wanted, he'd see to it 'till his last breath.

He opened his mouth to give her his word, but was cut off when she fell limp. He made sure she returned to her original position as slowly and gently as possible, staring down at her with wide eyes, his words caught in his throat. He savored every moment with her he could, as if the outside world didn't exist. Everything was silent to him. She was all he had left... He couldn't just let her go like this...

His heart stopped when she looked up at him. His 'ma said everyone had a moment that never ended... Arkady wished this was his. He saw her eyes drift to the ceiling, tears jerking at his eyes, begging to be let free. Arkady didn't argue, but they still didn't come. He had no tears left to cry..

His head shot up when someone said Azalea's name. Inir... He swallowed, his eyes glaring daggers into Inir. He muttered something cold under his breath, before turning to Legion. Arkady couldn't be bothered to understand his first sentence. Half his mind was gone- lost in it's own thought. Legion may as well have been speaking some foreign language. Everything from there and beyond was much less complex to him, though.

He'd been curious about the branding, so it was nice to have some clarification. It only gave him another reason to track down and kill the bastard from earlier... Vauzuhm... He'd take the name with him to his grave. Arkady's face relaxed the more Legion talked, finding solace in his words. Something about the way he talked was more comforting than he'd like to admit... But with today's events, the words of anyone who wasn't ready to attack him were comforting. It seemed like they were in the minority, though...

Arkady sighed when he started talking about killing Vauzuhm. Finally, something important... Some good news. He looked down when he started healing Azalea, his eyes widening; and a burden lifted off his back. He looked up at Legion. "It doesn't seem like I have much choice.." How could he just turn down something like this? He'd have time to think later. Right now, this sounded like a damn good deal. And- with the spears at his back, it really didn't seem like he had a choice.

((Sorry for the shit-post. I'm a little busy))

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea blinked, she was in the palace, in Zael, standing in her aunt's room, standing in the middle, in between mother's chair and the dresser. Warm, drenched in the smell of roses, baby ointment, and white cake mix, overwhelmingly so. Everything was lit with a cheery hearth. Her eyes watered. Was she dead? She looked behind her, and gaped.

In the flowered armchair, a hand on her with-child stomach, sat her aunt. She smiled at Azalea, her cheeks dimpling. Somehow, instead of comforting Azalea, it made things worse. She was dead, she'd left her friends, and Arkady to die, and tears stung Azalea’s eyes.

“It’s not real,” she said. “None of this. You know, you always talked about that warm, flickery bit inside. But now I know it isn’t true. It never has been. I'm dead. Dead, dead, dead. ”

“Azalea?” said her aunt. “Goosey, what are you on about? Are you all right?”

Azalea leaned against the dresser, clutching the knob of the drawers behind her.

“No,” said Azalea. “No. I’m not all right. Nothing is all right. It never will be all right again.”

Aunt beckoned to Azalea, the twinkle in her eyes shining. She took Azalea’s hand, having her kneel. Azalea’s green, gauzy skirts poofed out around her.
Her aunt kept Azalea’s fingers clasped in her warm hand, and she turned Azalea’s hand over, inspecting her palm.

In addition to the tiny crescent scars where her nails had dug into her skin so often, new red marks had broken into her flesh when Azalea had lost her temper earlier. They stung, along with the additional tiny scars on her when Vauzuhm had attacked her. Her aunt considered, touching the palm gently.

“You used to do this,” she said. “When you were younger. You would get so angry.” She smiled. “I had hoped you had outgrown it.”

Azalea pulled her hand back.

“Some things are worth getting upset over,” she said.

Her aunt tilted her head, reached out, and brushed an errantstrand of hair from Azalea’s face, and wiped a tear streak away with her thumb. Azalea blinked and turned her head, her aunt was dead, and now so was she.

“You’ve done very well, Azalea,” said her aunt. “You always take care of your family. I’m so pleased with you.”

“Right,” said Azalea. “I’ve done a bang-up job, haven’t I.” She thought of all of them, her family dead, decaying, lying on cold marble with dry blood cutting their skin, her brothers body, there deaths. Her cousins, freezing to death in mirrors, just as Somiss/Ahren had put them there. Azalea cringed.

“But,” said her aunt. “Your friends. You haven’t done very well with them, as well as Arkady.”

Azalea turned quickly. Her eyebrows knitted, searching her aunt's face. She had the twinkle in her eye, the touch of a smile on her face, as she always did, but she searched Azalea’s face with equal intensity.

“Sorry?” said Azalea.

Her aunt brought Azalea’s hands into her own and, with a flash of silver, folded them around her necklace. Her hands were soft and warm, so warm they calmed Azalea’s trembling fingers, the warmth spreading down her arms to her chest. Something twisted in Azalea’s heart. She bit her lip.

“We’re going to try this again,” said her aunt. She smiled, and the room seemed to brighten. “ Now, you'll take care of your friends, and Arkady? Everybody? Will you promise, Azalea?”

Azalea’s throat tightened, and her eyes stung. Her palms throbbed at points, pressed together against the warm necklace.

“He…doesn’t need anyone,” she mumbled. “He said—he told me to go burn in he—”

“That was when he needed you more than ever,” said her aunt. “And he needs you now. They need you. Please, Azalea. Please promise me.”

Azalea looked into her aunt's eyes, which shone with tears. Something pricked in Azalea’s heart. She remembered all the times she had lashed out at Arkady with scathing words. How she had let him go out of pure anger.

Azalea pressed her hands tightly around the handkerchief and clenched her jaw. Her eyes blazed, but not with temper.

“Yes,” she said. “I will. Everyone. I’ll set things right. I promise.”

A wash of tingles flowed through her body, beginning with her very center and enveloping the rest of her, flooding to her fingertips. The feeling overwhelmed, much stronger than it had been a year ago. It overcame her, filling her with breath. Azalea blinked and felt the droplets of tears on her lashes.

Her aunt smiled, and it wasn’t tight with pain. Her eyes shone. She leaned down and kissed Azalea’s hands. Her lips were warm.

And this time, Azalea didn’t need to look at her aunt to know her lips were the pretty rose red they hadn’t been a year ago. Instead she closed her eyes and pressed her fingers against the chain of the necklace, and inhaled the scent of white cake and ointment, and felt her aunt's warmth spreading through her. She let it fill her soul.

And then, she awoke.

Azalea kept her eyes closed, wanting to desperately go back, stay in the place of serenity, with her aunt, and stay with the rest of her family, but she remembered everything, and the promise. She snapped to her senses, realizing her pain was easing suddenly, she resisted to urge to open her eyes and see what was going on. She didn't move a muscle, indicating to everybody else she was still unconscious.

Mother had once described magic to her, just as passionate about the subject as her aunt was, though both never desired it, even if they could have the more powerful types, they wouldn't. Her mother had described the third type of magic, the one that didn't have a name, nor could be grasped or wielded by anyone, the warm flickery bit that could cause even miracles. If she didn't believe then, she did now.

Without moving even the slightest bit, still in quite a bit of pain, though less so, with her wounds slowly regenerating, Azalea listened, catching Arkady's words, dawning on her she still lay in his arms.

"It doesn't seem like I have much choice.."

Azalea resisted the urge to roll unto the floor, get up and shake Arkady. What had he agreed to? Why was she regenerating, in fact, why was Legion using magic to help her? What had Arkady agreed to do for her survival? Her stomach twisted, but she didn't move whatsoever, not giving the slightest hint she was conscious.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ShadowBroker ShadowBroker H HeckingHeck Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
I N I R - L E G I O N - H U G E

Legion nodded towards Arkady, "Choice is the illusion of men. They believe they control their faith when it's their own, so call *choices* that bend the rode to their destiny." but then, he raised his hand towards one of the Lords among him and claimed, "Sir Arkady, the traitor, will be armed and geared with weapons and armor of his choice. He will have a horse, supplies and everything he needs." his arms folded behind him, his black armor like obsidian showed up before him as if Legion perceived something odd on Azaela. Though he did not know what, but his connection with her body was strong enough and close enough to know if she was already capable to walk, hear or talk - he stepped back as he commanded, "Raise, Lady Azaela. Raise and acknowledge us as your new King. Thus, as our vassal, we promise, under the weight of our word of honor, that the war will not continue to exist when we triumph." he gestured closing his right hand like a fist, making everyone sense the feeling of purpose.

Inir, however, began to heal the wound on his shoulder with the same kind of magic Legion had, although hardly since he did not have much training with such power. By every inch he healed on his shoulder, he started to feel he was losing weight - he began to sense how his agility and strength was rather enhanced by magic itself.

Meanwhile, the soldiers touched by Legion's mark began to desert Robert, joining Legion's force - changing their clothes and colors. That is when Lord Commander Huge Malevar advanced towards the so suppose Lord of Arlan before him, the scars on his face making people weep in terror - those who study the ancient wars would know about Huge's actions on the last Great War. The fearless warrior, a man so reckless that he felt no fear - lacking of self preservation although his physical attitudes never required them.
"Release him-" he commanded as the two soldiers holding him finally release Robert. An axe would follow Robert's neck, ready to chop him off, "Come on, pitiful lord. Strike me down if you feel lucky." Robert would then witness the presence of blood inside Huge's mouth - but he was not bleeding, not he seem hurt. Fresh blood taken away by a single bite. What kind of man was he suppose to be?

"Lord Commander -" Inir interrupted, coming from behind Huge Malevar, "There are a great number of civilians on through a tunnel we closed down - not far towards the north. They hardly can defend themselves." Huge turned his attention to what Inir had to say, "We can take them back here - they will bend the knee or destroy them." Inir folded his arms behind him and responded with harsh words - he knew duty was more important than anything else. And so did Lord Commander.

H HeckingHeck Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

(( Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Let me know when you make this character of yours ))

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea listened to Legions words, resisting the urge to yell why he was wrong, but he was a Demon Lord, a shade created by the devil himself, whom wielded twice as much power as Legion, if only the oath hadn't kept her from ever speaking of Ahren. Then her friends would know, and maybe even killed her for what she did. Azalea's blue eyes snapped open as Legion said her name, Lady Azalea, just as Inir did. In one, quick and sharp movement, she leapt out of Arkady's arms, too quickly. A wave of nausea hit her from the pain in her healing wounds, she swayed, grabbing unto Arkady's shoulder for support and straightening, her eyes narrowed as she took in the sight of everyone, following Legion now. A manipulative Demon Lord.

She ignored Legions command. Legion was no King of hers. She stubbornly refused, keeping her mouth clamped shut. Her gaze landed on Robert, her stomach twisted into sickened knots at the sight of blood in Huges mouth, an axe at the ready to remove Roberts head. She seethed with anger, pressing her lips together, she hated feeling helpless. Azalea glared daggers at Inir, her fingers unconsciously dug into Arkady's shoulder from rage and horror as Inir began to heal himself. Her jaw dropped in pure shock, anger and horror. She kept herself firmly at Arkady's side, unconsciously wrapping her arm through his. Comforted by his very presence next to hers.

Legion would turn Inir mad.

She watched Inir come behind Huges, telling him of civilians. She clenched her jaw and gritted her teeth as he mentioned bringing them back to make them kneel, or kill them. Magic, power, was already running Inir mad, darker. Just like Ahren. The devils spawn was just like his master.

"What have you done to him..." Azalea said in such a quiet tone, still in shock at the sight of Inir, her voice almost a whisper, her question for Legion, her eyes not leaving Inir, her expression of utter shock, her lips parted in suprise. She tore her gaze away from Inir and to Legion, clenching her jaw and glaring at him with a burning hate.

L E G I O N - I N I R

Legion shifted his glance towards Inir, he did not care whether Azaela knelt or not before him. He did only say such a thing to prove that mankind was stubborn - without a clear cunning perception of what was better for them. They needed guidance, and so that is what Legion pretended to become, "We have only let the will of destiny take it's turn-" Legion answered as he beckons Inir, "Come, brother-" it responds as Inir walks towards them, half happy to know his brother has recall him, half disturbed to know for what reason he has been summoned, "Behold your savior, Lady Azaela - We might not be adversary against the great Master of all. It's power might overwhelm our own. However, we have achieved the unique ability to separate our entity; thus we no longer are attached to it." Legion takes the mask he was holding on his belt and shows it to Inir to take care of it, the weight of such a metal helmet seem unbearable, but he resisted the burden, "Tell them, brother. Show her your devotion."

Inir nods towards Legion and then smiles back towards Azaela, almost as a whisper too; responding to her face of utter disgust, "Thank you - I finally learn to do what is necessary." then, he wore the mask like if it was his own. The same mask created a dark steam that covered him completely. His armor changed from the natural steel color to the essence of oblivion. The change was almost instantly and completely sudden as he transformed to what his brother desired the most. Legion separated shadow that attached him to the Master while keeping the souls of those who had perished without achieving their purpose, just like the soul of Frederick Warden whose face it wore like it's own. Finally, the voice and the gaze within seemed now shallow but sharp, "Legion will show you mercy - We will march towards the Master and *I* will destroy it" he responded as his right hand locks in a fist, "I will avenge what he has done to my family -" makes a pause as he steps closer to Azaela, "Our family. We do not need to be adversaries - Then, we will rule Sarthenfall without fear to mankind's sins or the Master's power."

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea stepped forward towards Inir, seething with anger. "Do not bring my families name into your false illusions of vengeance!" Azalea snapped with burning hate, releasing Arkady's arm so that her fingers dug into her palms to keep herself from attacking Inir. "Are you even aware that you ally yourself with a manipulative Demon Lord?! Or are you so far gone, blinded by illusions of your so called "honor" that you can no longer see what lies in front of you?" Azalea's tone dropped to cold ice, dripping in venom. "And what would your family think, Inir? Of using the very magic that killed YOUR family?" Azalea challenged him, her fingers felt a hidden knife, tucked safely away in her scaled wristband. It slid into her hand, but hidden from view of everyone else.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

I N I R - L E G I O N

"My father was weak - It was foretold that his fear would be his doom."
he kept his right hand forward in sign of a fist, responding to Azaela with cold indifference, "My brother and I will forge a new destiny. Uniting magic and mankind. The strengths of both, the weakness of neither." he responded as his wield on the power of magic raised around him, his right hand now seem to make a invincible barrier between him and Azaela. But as a piece of clothe, it falls forward, leaning on her as it involves her, "You are the one who is short-sight - so blinded by anger that you can not see the true enemy."

"He no longer responds to such a name - Lady Azaela." Legion responded as he gave his back to the group, the guards pointing the spears towards Arkady, would now change directions as they no longer seem Azaela or Arkady as a possible threat, "Anger does not change the facrt that your family failed to act - Milady." he responded as he was now at middle of the hall, the words directed to her as Inir steps aside. Almost as invinting to strike him down, although anyone who was calm enough would not engage combat - but was Azaela in control of her emotions or the other way around? Legion's words wounded her pride, and her family. Inir kept a sharp eye on Arkady while the guards secured the rest of the men.

thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea's mind raced, she had to calm down. Before she got them all killed. She played there game, she examined the knife in her hands, contemplating. She looked up at Inir with a blank expression that was rather unsettling, devoid of emotion.

"I know our enemy more then all of you. Enough to know if he thought you an actual threat he'd dispose of you himself." Azalea shrugged, turning her back to Inir as if he possed no threat, she looked up at ceiling and smiled. "I wonder what they would think of this. You're Mother, or perhaps the girl you were in love with, Sura, was that her name?" She looked back down at the knife in her fingers, raising the blade to eye level inspecting it casually. "It matters not. Take these men, drive them into a battle in which you will lose. I believe anger has in fact, blinded you, Inir. Alas, ignorance has also blinded you to my words, typical to your people, honor has blinded them as well. Honor does not make you smart. Probably why your Kingdom was one of the first to go. Azalea said calmly and coolly.

She looked up Legion. "You have your men. Now let us go." Azalea said calmly with a hint of ice in her tone.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker thetasfiasco thetasfiasco H HeckingHeck Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

I N I R - L E G I O N

Inir was not responding, already gone by the power Legion gave to him. It looked like it became a shadow himself, yet it was far more complex than that. Although the Demon Lord contemplate the situation at hand with a higher level of superiority, not interested into make her believe she had the right to talk back at him, "Interesting how much you speak of our master with such blind knowledge - as if you knew what it's capable of. You overestimate him. Our master is nothing but a shadow, limited to see only the profit of burning the what little gathered to the ground." he gestured to all that was around him, "The scores of dead have nourished it but the more shadows fall against our blades - the more we cut it's influence - as for you, Lady Azaela - you mistake us upon the others demons's reflection. We do not end." Legions begins to choke her, making her feel the souls of those this demon has converted into one single entity, she would feel even some familiars souls attached to him, "You are his slaves - tools, weapons - and you are all fulling the war that only empowers it." his power begins to take a tighter grip as she begins to raise over the ground level, "Pettiness, fueled by self righteousness - you are master of nothing." then lets her go from it's grasp and gestures towards Inir, "Prepare for the signal, Lord. Our armies shall meet once more on the field of the forbidden lands."

Inir knelt towards him, "What are you going after, brother?" he asked in full obedience.

"There are still Demon Lords that empower the master of the Beyond. They shall perish under my sword." once it's words have finished. The Demon itself begone from the hall, becoming nothing but steam in the air. Some soldiers walk away leaving a strong garrison inside. Meanwhile, Inir raise up and stands in the middle of the hall, wearing Legion's mask as his brand new face - unwearable. His hands rest on the guard of a sword while a servant brings the necklace on his hands, ready to give them back to Inir.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
H HeckingHeck

Cross was out of any form of energy. Hatred was in his eyes but he could no longer do anything. "Gods lady he won't listen. Your wasting your breath on him. He isn't worth it anymore." Cross was tired of listening to them go on and on. Inir wasn't going to listen no matter what they said. And Cross was going to be in a cell, "Nice you employers you found."

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow ShadowBroker ShadowBroker H HeckingHeck thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

Robert Mure

Robert couldn't help but laugh at Legion's comments. Inir was blinded, his brother unwise. He could clearly see why they complimented each other so well, one was powerful, the other a fool. Both were equally rash. His life was on the line but in such a cruel world, it would be a mercy.

"You truly are a fool Inir, you as well Legion," Robert laughed although his tone still have off a spark of rage, "If you truly think you would kill the Master, if you truly were a threat to him, how is it that you still live? Arkady, you run a fool's errand. You're thick but I'd never have imagined..."

Robert seemed to be losing his mind. The stress of life and the stress of his position seemed to be getting to him. The Vorch soldiers seemed to be tightening their grip. It was their move. Whatever it was, he would escape the first chance he gets.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Azalea Dilaurentis
Azalea averted her eyes from Legion as he called her out, realizing she had revealed too much about Ahren. She listened to Legion, a bored expression plastered on her face. Clearly there was no point in arguing, Legion was as ignorant as Inir. No wonder Inir thought Legion was his brother.

Azalea choked, gasping for breath as Legion choked her, lifting her off the floor, finally he released her, she fell to the floor on her hands and knees, coughing and gasping for breath. When she looked up, Legion was gone, and Inir stood in the middle of the hall wearing his mask. Cross's voice made her roll her eyes angrily. She whipped around, still on her knees.

"Thanks for the update merc! If I need another narration, I'll be sure to ask you. " Azalea said sarcastically, giving him a look. She turned back, only to see a servant approaching Inir with her necklace. Without thinking, Azalea shot off the floor and tackled the poor servant to the floor, the necklace clattered to floor, Azalea snatched it off the ground and got up, stepping back a couple paces from Inir.

"I'll take that, there's a return policy you know. It's mine." She said pointedly to Inir, fastening her necklace back on her neck, besides, if Inir even touched it, he'd be unable to use magic, he'd be resistant to it. It also protected Azalea from magic the moment she touched it. Roberts voice startled her. His mentioning of Arkady running a fools errand made her narrow her eyes, remembering there conversation. She turned on Arkady with narrowed eyes.

"What errand?" She asked with suspicion, not just to Arkady but asking Robert as well.

H HeckingHeck thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread