IC Area

Leo Cain ~ Grand Ballroom

Resting against the wall, Leo fiddled with the hilt of one of the scimitars tucked into his belt. The two blades were resting on either side of his hips, pressing lightly into his thighs. At first, the guards hadn't wanted to let him in with them. They had the possibility of causing panic, and they by no means looked peaceful, even if they were slightly covered by the jacket he wore. However, there was no way Leo was stepping into a room filled with strangers without a way to defend himself. They had eventually relented at Leo's promise not to unsheathe them, but he could still tell they weren't happy. Apparently, even after 10 years they still thought he would give up his weapons. Maybe tonight they'd finally get it.

The speech had been short, and it was barely meaningful, at least to him. Sure, the war had been hard and it was great that it was over, but Leo hadn't been alive for it. He had no attachment to the people who lost their lives. His thinking might have been a bit cold, but it was the truth. Frankly, Leo would have rather spent this time training. Each minute passing was one he could have spent getting stronger. As he thought about the training he would do when he finally left the ballroom, he lazily watched as Decius and the King moved through the mass of people crowding the floor. Each one was easy to make out, Decius' armor shining whenever it caught the light, and just the King's presence drew eyes. They were both powerful men, but Leo focused more on the King. Seeing Decius was a common enough occurrence for the Chosen. Seeing the King was not. The man somehow seemed off tonight. The casual pride that followed the man everywhere seemed to be waning in the company of worry. He frowned a bit. Leo wanted to understand exactly what made the man so strong, and his real strength was being overshadowed. He sighed and moved closer to a corner of the room, hoping for a better vantage point. People watching usually turned up some interesting ideas. So, as he waited for the event to end, Leo's eyes idly scanned the crowd.

Markus Extinct - Ballroom

Markus silently walks into the ballroom, his cloak sweeping across the room. He fiddled with a wooden duck, whilst nobody seemed to notice him. He leaned against  the far wall, his silver hair hanging out of his hood, it covering half of his face. His feet stood on the slippery floor, while he silently broke and repaired the wooden duck over and over. He was smiling thogh. He had recently woken from a fantastic dream about flying on a golden planet (It was lucid after all) and couldn't wait for the party. He put the duck in his pocket, and continued down the ballroom floor.  He had taken his glasses ou of his pocket, and was currently trying to clean them with his hood, except he was standing. in the middle of the party, where drinks and dancers were everywhere. He had yet to be hit or spilled on, so his eyes remained focused on his cloak and glasses as he walked through the room.

(Open for interaction)

Decius Vorgan - Grand Ballroom

Decius flinched, hearing a voice behind his back. The High Lord turned around to face his subordinate and quickly queried him. "Ah, good you made it. Have you seen anything peculiar on your wY here?" Decius tried to be less suspicious, picking up on the mistakes he made when talking with Gallick and managing to compose himself, his tone and his words just enough not to seem suspicious, or at least not to stand out that much. It was hard enough as it was, with him being a High Lord and literally wearing kilograms of gold on himself for the specific goal of attracting attention. Bling of war, as they say... actually, no one ever said that, but whatever.

@Lost @Echo Dreamsong

Fortune blinked in confusion, shaking his head. "I, uh, not really. Um, so would not Ackero's friend count?" He asked, looking a bit confused. The demon had left already, so he couldn't ask him. However, the thing came back.
"Shut the hell up brat!"

"GET IT OUT!" He suddenly screeched, pulling at his cat ears and dislodging the hood. "O-Ow, bad idea..." He mumbled, wincing at the pain in his ears. "Oh, um, I should have asked... Do you know how to get it to leave?" He asked, taking off a glove to reveal more fur, and to point at his half shifted face. "I-It, uh- GET OUT!" He yelled, earning weird looks. "It won't get out..." Fortune sighed, shaking his head slightly. 

Gallick Rowan - Grand Ballroom

Gallick nodded. That actually explained quite a bit. Though he was surprised, and pleased, that Decius saw fit to trust him. He looked down, searching for words, before turning back to Decius. "Thanks for trusting me. It means a lot." He was about to turn away when a hooded figure came bounded up, and started bumbling apologies before letting out a shriek. If that didn't set off alarm bells, Gallick wasn't sure what would. "Speaking of suspicious characters," His hand unconsciously dropped to Harrow, "I imagine this'd be those voices you were talking about, Decius."

@Birdsie @Echo Dreamsong

Last edited by a moderator:
Markus - Ballroom

Markus out his glasses on as the shriek was heard, and quickly ran his hand over to his back just in case he needed a weapon. His staff had never been used before, but it may come in handy when he didn't have his weapon, which was residing in his room. He advanced toward the shriek, people tripping and dancing away, giving him a path.

Arianna Birch- Beside Fortune

Arianna had followed Fortune and had stayed mostly silent about her late arrival. She preferred to remain silent near Decius. Fortune was now pulling at his ears and yelping. Ariana was worried about him but didn't want to touch im in case it set anything off. Very clearly there was something going on inside his head. Arianna glared at the young man who dared to call Fortune suspicious. She quite liked him, he seems nice enough when not tormented by whatever was in his head. 

@Echo Dreamsong @Lost 

Decius Vorgan - Grand Ballroom

Hearing Fortune's words, Decius flinched. He looked at Gallick and Marianna, then ordered them. "Wait here, be on watch." Afterwards, Decius took a quick look around and hurriedly took the sharpshooter's arm and led them through a door, towards a secure hallway with no guests. Decius gave Fortune a small, oblong, finger-sized flask with a cork. Inside it was a blue, glowing liquid. Decius explained. "It severs psychic connection with hostile spirits. Drink it to make the voices stop." In belief that Fortune was being magically assaulted by the unknown force that he told Gallick about. Decius had little intention was o share this he secret with absolutely everyone, but now that Fortune was being mentally assaulted by whom Decius believes to be enemies he had little reason not to. "We are under attack tonight. Keep on watch and report suspicious behaviours, headaches, hallucinations and voices." And left just as quickly, returning to the party.

@Lost @Echo Dreamsong @Firebright

Calista Flowei

Calista found herself flinching upon hearing a shrill shriek not far from where she was stood. It seemed as though the other members of the public weren't so pleased by this, but Calista was as it drew attention away from her as she silently just watched the dancing. Though, she began to grow much more interested in how the shadows beneath them swirled and swerved elegantly across the ballroom floor. It had her almost trance like as she watched in envy, that was until someone tapped her on the shoulder. Calista's first response would've been to grab the hand and pull it over her shoulder, sending the owner of the hand flipping not-so-gracefully over her shoulder. But this was the King's occasion, and he'd surely gave her guts for garters if she hurt any of the general public. Even if that was what she was taught as a precaution.

Reluctantly turning her head, she peered over at the man behind her, tall in size. "Can I help you?" Calista asked, resisting the urge to raise her eyebrow slightly. "Yes. I was wondering if you'd like to dance?" A soft smile instantly invaded the young woman's lips and she managed a nod, her gaze tearing to that of The Chosen and Decius all grouped together- was something about to happen? She should've probably found out, but she had been asked to dance. The first time it had happened throughout the 10 years of hosted balls. "I-uh- yes. Okay. I'd love to,"  she mumbled, still transfixed on the other dancers as he took her by the inner elbow and led her to an open space in the line of dancers. Calista felt her hands shake in nerves at being around so many people, and so many people watching as she danced. The small plants plotted decoratively in the room began to reflect this as they too shook, slowly getting a little bigger. Her ability to dance, however, did not reflect her nerves. 

((Open for interaction:) ))

Markus - Ballroom

Oh well. It seems the shriek had been handled for the moment, and people had begun dancing again. Hmm. Markus decided to go get some food, so he began his path back through the crowd. Then, he bumped into someone. It was a woman, who has been dancing amazingly. She didn't seem to notice him, though he decide to fiddle with his duck standing right there.

Fortune frowned at the liquid before quickly popping the lid off. He took a quick sip before downing the rest. Within moments, the crazy thing stopped. Fortune took a deep breath and let it out before turning to Arianna. "S-sorry about that... You never know what's going on... We should be on our guard, as the King said. Oh, um, and I'm Fortune. Y-You're a great archer by the way..." He smiled a bit, pulling his hood down a bit more.

@Firebright

IMG_0331.JPG
Kielel and Shiaria

Courtyard to Ballroom

Running down the long halls of the castle our dashing rouge Kielel sped past the servants and guests in the castle. Wearing his golden armaments and midnight leather attire he was running for dear life from his chaser. Eyes wide as he held a large piece of freshly baked raspberry bread under his arm. "Get out of the way!!" he yelled as he slid through a group of maids, their aprons and skirts flying up as his tailwind caught them by surprise. Chasing our young chosen was a large angry falcon gliding across the ceiling, eyes locked on his target. The golden plated armor upon the bird didn't seem to weigh it down as it shot like a bullet, keeping up with the speedster of a Rune Elf.

"Come on it's just bread! Give me a break, Rapha!" In his response the large falcon cawed loudly, startling a few of the servants down the corridors. 

Suddenly recognizing were he was Kielel smirked as he took a sharp right turn and ran beside the wall. Looking up to the bird he smiled and gave it a salute, "so long sucker!' Then was gone in a shimmering of light appearing in the courtyard on the other side of the wall. Looking at the raspberry bread he gave a triumphant laugh, "stupid bird." Not looking where he was going he bumped right into the soft chest of someone oh so familiar. Looking up at her beautiful yet intimidating scowl he gave a nervous half smile. "Heeeeyyyy, Lady Fang... what brings you here?"

Shiaria looked down at the fool she'd known for over ten years now with a dark glare. Her eyes shining a animalistic blue as she crossed her arms at the Rune Elf. "You know what brings me here," she extended her hand out to him. "Give it here." 

Kielel groaned "awww, come on it's not like he eats it all they only bake one of these a day."

Shiaria didn't respond until Kielel gave in and placed the bread in her hand. Tearing a slice off, she smiled and tossed the rest up into the air where her falcon caught it and flew off. 

With that fiendish bird gone Kielel grew more cocky. Eyeing the piece of bread that was in Shiaria's hand he smiled, "so what are you going to do with that sl-"

Popping the slice of bread into her mouth she watched Rapha fly off. Looking back at Kielel she tilted her head, "hmm?"

Kielel sighed, "nothing..."

1bc556f1ff8ee78e30c998da105f1bc2-d7rkock.jpg
Shiaria smiled and gently bonked his head, "dumbass, come on there should be plenty of food at the festivities." She turned and walked off Kielel teleporting beside her.

In the Ballroom....

As the two Arrived in the grand ballroom Kielel was gone in a instant, as he said. "The ladies are calling." Appearing behind her while she was dancing he took her hand and spun her around, quite rudely cutting in. "Calista, you're looking as beautiful as ever," he gave her a cocky wink. 

@SpiritualShrub

It was very rare that Shiaria was out of her usual armor and weapons and today was one of those rare occasions. She was in a long silky dress adored with a silver plate design on her shoulders. Picking up a glass she sniffed it cautiously, her heightened senses uncovering what the drink was made of. Not sensing anything harmful she took a delicate sip and looked around at the others. The guests were completely all of the chosen, which made her uneasy. She's spent ten years getting to know the other chosen and thought of them all as her dearest family, and she didn't like when her family was put in danger. Walking alone around the ballroom her eyes wandered across the large floor although looking human for the moment she was far from human and still not used to such social occasions. Something felt off to her, but she shrugged it off as nerves. Take a breath Shiaria, nothing unfortunate will come from this festivity. Take a page from the others and try to enjoy it.

(Open for interaction)

Calista Flowei

Calista was having a good dance, rhythmically moving on beat, that was until she saw the sour expression appearing on her dance partner's little human face. Eyes narrowing in confusion, she soon grew aware of what was really happening, especially when one of her hands was gripped on, sending her into an elegant spin. Almost automatically, her hand reached into the leather pouch on the side of her hip, pulling out one of her throwing knives. She clutched it confidently in her dominant hand, and upon facing the man before her. Without even looking up at his face, she gently but firmly pressed the edge of the blade against his neck, not hard enough to do any harm, but hard enough for it to be acknowledged that she could. Rude people always made her irritated, and this man was being particularly impolite by stripping her away from her dance. Upon hearing his voice, however, she felt herself relax. A soft smile tugged at her lips. It was Kielel! "Kiel," she allowed her grin to grow wider, forest green eyes mimicking the change in size. A soft pink blush caressed the apples of her cheeks. "Why thank you," Calista shyly mumbled, tucking a loose lock of thick hair behind her ear. She shook her head lightly knowing that he'd probably attempt to do the same to every other woman he'd deem good enough for his presence. Or that's how it seemed with his cockiness. "You ought to be careful, jumping onto people like that," she grumbled softly as she placed her weapon back into his holder. Due to still being stood on the ballroom floor, she simply pulled Kielel with her, quickening her dance pace. "You better keep up," Calista teased lightly.

@TheSuspiciousEye

Arianna grinned at his last comment. "Why thank you, I'm afraid I don't know you. I'm sorry I don't really make a point of getting to know people." She patted Fortune's shoulder "You seem nice though. If there is anything near by we should be ready for it. Any Idea what that thing was saying in your head?" She looked up at Fortune at saying this. Her attention was taken sligtly by the appearance of the two cockiest looking people in the entire ballroom. The woman in a long silver gown and the man in armor. He had a mischievous grin. Arianna yanked her gaze back to Fortune who had his hood even farther pulled up. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Arianna grinned at his last comment. "Why thank you, I'm afraid I don't know you. I'm sorry I don't really make a point of getting to know people." She patted Fortune's shoulder "You seem nice though. If there is anything near by we should be ready for it. Any Idea what that thing was saying in your head?" She looked up at Fortune at saying this. Her attention was taken sligtly by the appearance of the two cockiest looking people in the entire ballroom. The woman in a long silver gown and the man in armor. He had a mischievous grin. Arianna yanked her gaze back to Fortune who had his hood even farther pulled up. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Fortune sort of shrugged, blushing like crazy. "O-Oh, um... I have a demon who supplies my powers, but he does stuff like this..." He sighed, pointing at the half shifted part of his face. "But I don't know what the other one was. I've never had something other than myself or the demon in my head... Maybe it was just me. I bet that's it." He confirmed with a nod, fiddling with his sword. "S-So um... I-I need to run to my room, do you want to come with me? N-Not to do anything weird! I just need to get some stuff!" Fortune stuttered, squeezing his eyes shut. Really, he just wanted to be a she for a little bit and dance. Sometimes that happened and Fortune would flip her gender for an event or something. A lot of the other chosen would ask for pronouns every time they saw him/her.

Arianna nodded at him with a smile. "That sounds good, I dont know how long this event will last but I would like to change into a gown for it. I was anaware there would be a ball and so I am drastically underdressed." She gestured to her leather armor and training boots. She fiddled with the fletching on her arrows, "I like you make a cute kitty by the way, you shouldn't feel the need to hide when you morph." At this Arianna gestured towards the door way where they could exit. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Arianna nodded at him with a smile. "That sounds good, I dont know how long this event will last but I would like to change into a gown for it. I was anaware there would be a ball and so I am drastically underdressed." She gestured to her leather armor and training boots. She fiddled with the fletching on her arrows, "I like you make a cute kitty by the way, you shouldn't feel the need to hide when you morph." At this Arianna gestured towards the door way where they could exit. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Fortune let out a small strangled sound of embarrassment before practically running out the door. She, yes Fortune decided to be a she now, hadn't really been called cute before. And to be called that by a cute girl? Never happened. She ran up some stairs and turned around every once and a while to look at Arianna. "I-If I let it happen, could I walk around with you?" Fortune asked, referring to shifting. "We, uh, can look for danger?"

Arianna shrugged. "I don't see why not. I warn you im not used to having people near me. I'm not a people person. You can choose to shift when ever you want its your choice. Also I don't plan on looking for danger as much as I plan on dancing." She made it to the floor where her room was and began to walk down it towards her room. Fortune would be entertaining to have around but she wasn't sure how well she would handle having some one around.

@Echo Dreamsong 

Mephisto Pheles

A sudden burst of light could be seen from the balcony as Mephisto walked out of the door-window, onto the balcony. He sighed and took off his top-hat, laying it down on the ground as he sat onto the balcony's stone wall. As he sat there, he could see the magnificent and gorgeous lights of the ballroom coming out of the windows. Mephisto let out a deep breath and smiled. From the roof, four black-robed figures fell and landed behind Mephisto. One of them unsheathed a knife and pointed it at Mephisto, slowly approaching to slash his throat. Mephisto smirked and jumped onto his feet, rolling backwards and grabbing the armed figure by the neck, holding him tightly as he slammed him onto the ground, cracking the concrete. The other three figures took out their swords and rushed at him and attacked in sync as if they were an hive mind. Mephisto dashed backwards and hopped onto the stone wall of the balcony once again and smirked, clapping his hands together and pronouncing the three magic words, "Eins...Zwei...DREI!" He spoke out as a flash of light came out of Mephisto's hands; a sword appeared in his right hand and a small dagger appeared into his left hand. The two translucent weapons let out a faint glow while he slashed trough the figures. The ninja-like men dodged his attack swiftly and went back to attacking soon. Mephisto managed to dodge their attacks and parry some of them, launching his dagger into the head of one of the men.

The dagger went through the man's head, breaking into a hundred pieces as the man shattered into pieces, the fragments slowly fading away.

"Huh?" Mephisto let out a faint noise, using his sword to manage to annihilate the other two, as they disappeared like the other man.

The man on the ground woke up and screamed in anger, rushing at Mephisto with incredible speed. Mephisto smirked once again, "You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT!" He exclaimed in a challenging tone, dashing backwards and jumping off the balcony, landing on his feet. The concrete underneath him cracked and Mephisto looked up at the man. The dark figure jumped down and landed on both of his feet, graciously. He then rushed at Mephisto once again and pointed his blade at Mephisto's throat. Mephisto raised his sword in time to block the man's attack, "Hmph. Good, but not good ENOUGH." He said, smirking once again, as he stabbed his hand through the man's chest. This time, blood came out of the hole made by Mephisto's hand, as his hand, wrist-up, was covered in blood. He groaned and took out his hand as the hooded man fell on the ground lifeless. His expression shifted to a more annoyed one. "Gah, you got blood on my suit." He muttered, as he tapped the body with his feet and it burst into flames, incinerating almost instantly. He sighed and snapped his fingers, his glove returning as clean as before. He sighed and teleported to the ballroom, smirking with his usual pimpy expression. "I've had my fun for tonight." He whispered, walking over to the counter to get a glass of whiskey.

@OPEN FOR INTERACTION

Man, this party was hoppin. Though a lot of the other chosen were here talking with each other, but none had noticed him yet. That was fine. They apways were trying to train when wanted to talk, so he learned to accept being ignored. Then the man was spotted. Markus didn't know what, but the man getting whiskey seemed... Off. He walked over to him, someone falling over, and a glass of champagne landing in his hand perfectly.

Arianna shrugged. "I don't see why not. I warn you im not used to having people near me. I'm not a people person. You can choose to shift when ever you want its your choice. Also I don't plan on looking for danger as much as I plan on dancing." She made it to the floor where her room was and began to walk down it towards her room. Fortune would be entertaining to have around but she wasn't sure how well she would handle having some one around.

@Echo Dreamsong 

Fortune smiled slightly, going into her room for a minute. A small cry of pain was heard, but that was all. Shifting was a painful process, seeing as the bones and complete body structure had to be rearranged. It only took a few minutes, but Fortune was soon trailing after where Arianna went in the form of a little tabby cat. Her eyes were the same color as usual, but she was different. Fortune's ears twitched and she looked around, a slight growl escaping. Something was off. She let out a yowl to try and get Arianna's attention before rushing down the hall. She ran through the party and tripped several people before finally catching Mephisto's scent. She skidded to a halt besides him and looked up with fur bristling.

@Gabriel97

Mephisto Pheles

Mephisto sighed and looked down at the cat. He knelt down besides it and pat its head. "You're a cute one for sure~" He speaks out, his tone cheerful and calm. As he ran his hand through the cat's fur, the small animal could feel that his hand was cold...almost freezing. He got up once again and turned around to the counter again, picking up his glass of whiskey and chugging it down. The music was harmonious, calm and relaxing to hear and that was what Mephisto needed right now...some tranquility. He walked towards one of the many tables and sat down onto a chair which was neatly created from a whole log of ebony wood. Mephisto looked at a corner of the room which was, for some weird reason, buried in the shadows. A blue streak ran across it and Mephisto jumped slightly, but he didn't care anyway. He took a deep breath and enjoyed the calming music.

Arianna had changed into a crimson red, floor length dress and equipped her nicer looking silver bow. A matching quiver was strapped to her back. She walked out of her room just in time to see Fortune run off in cat form. So much for stick with her she thought as she made her way down to the party. She had brushed her long red hair and left it down to cover her bare shoulder since the dress was strapless. She paced around the room looking from both Fortune and a possible dancing partner. Neither seemed near. 

Markus - Ballroom

The man was petting a cat now. How normal. But this was NORMAL, Markus thought. Theirs nothing wrong with the man. Oh, well. Maybe we can be friends! "Hello!" Markus held out his cloaked hand to Mephisto. "Nice to meet you!"

Markus - Ballroom

The man was petting a cat now. How normal. But this was NORMAL, Markus thought. Theirs nothing wrong with the man. Oh, well. Maybe we can be friends! "Hello!" Markus held out his cloaked hand to Mephisto. "Nice to meet you!"

Fortune sat there, looking at Mephisto with something almost like a frown. When Markus reached out, Fortune reacted quickly than she should have and launched at the hand. She dug her claws into Markus's arm and sank her teeth into his cloaked hand with a hiss. So she didn't recognize him, it wasn't really her fault. In her animal form, just think of judgment clouded with natural instinct. It wasn't anything against him, she just reacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back