IC Area

Lulette smiled slightly. "Lulette..." She stood there as she finally finished shifting back. "Chara, just ignore Chara... She's not very good. I-I think I see it now. If she does anything, glare and she'll break down..." Lulette took a few deep breaths before forcing a smile on her face. It looks more like a grimace. "You're part of the chosen?"
@Lost

Fortune's face flushed more and she stepped back. "Y-You! You kissed me! You fucking kissed me! WHY THE HELL?!" She squeaked the last part, removing the sword. Part of her face and arms had shifted to that of... Well, she was shifting into a cat again. It sort of happened when she/he panicked or felt highly strong emotions. Fortune tried to hide this by turning around. "Y-Your fault!" She whispered, a thin black tail swishing back and forth. "I-I blame you!"
@The Suspicious Eye

IMG_0331.JPG
Kielel Zielyr

The forest.

Kielel smiled as she stepped back and he stood up as she pulled the sword away from his neck. Another blade adverted, It seems like I'll be keeping my head today. Thank god. Decapitation is annoying as hell and super painful. He stood there and watched as she turned into a cute black cat. Placing a hand on his hip he cocked his head in curiosity. "Wow, so you are the cat that's been wandering around here. So cute!" He leaned down and picked her up without a care in the world. "You have such tiny paws, so adorable. I love cats. They scare away evil birds. But no time for playing, cutie. We have a war party to get to. Don't worry about your gear I'll get it for you." With that he teleported in front of the group and raised Forturne cat up in the air like in in the Lion King. "IIIIIIII'VE FOUND FORTURNEEEEEEEE!!! SHE'S A CAT RIGHT NOWWWWW!!!!! OOOOOO PRAISE ME SENPAIIIIII....praise me senpai...."

(I'm sooooo high on sugar right now.)

@Gabriel97[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@Echo Dreamsong[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@Squad141[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@Firebright[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@SpiritualShrub[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@Lost[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]@aja maji[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@SP3CT3R[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@Arythra Thainspyre

@Birdsie

Gallick Rowan - Ruined Ballroom

"Indeed I am," He affirmed. Save for a few, it appeared that most everyone was Chosen. "Speaking of which, we should probably head to the barracks. I hear we're heading out to Fenris." Gallick didn't know why, of course. Between the surprise coup d'etat, which Magnus knew about, and this sudden trip, which Magnus also knew about, Gallick was fairly suspicious. There was something at work, something the king didn't deem necessary to tell them about. Gallick made a note to pull Magnus aside during the trek to Fenris. Maybe then the king would give him answers.

Reigning in his thoughts, he gestured back to the door. "After you."

@Echo Dreamsong

[Mentioned: @Birdsie]

Last edited by a moderator:
Calista Flowei

Calista nodded gently. "I won't over exert myself. It'll be incredibly hard to do so unless my plants are all killed...But that will only happen if I let my guard down, which i'll be  sure not to do," but her serious mood was soon cut short by Shiaria's stuttering. Hm. Perhaps she did have a special liking to Lord Decius after all! An amused smile twisted onto her petal pink lips, but she soon brushed it away after she saw Shiaria's cool and collected reaction. Deciding to not say much else on the matter, she turned back to Lord Decius, watching when Shiaria bowed at him. Head tilting to the side, she followed the action, bowing in his presence. "Good day, Lord Decius," she softly mumbled, before looking up at Shiaria and excusing herself. Leaving the two to speak professionally and like adults, she faced Lyon, staring at his wild eyes.

A grin on her face, she mumbled, "Am I sure? No, I'm positive, actually," eyes locked onto his scarily feral eyes, she felt her grin widen. Calista was only saying it to amuse herself, especially since she was a little bored. Besides, Lyon was no beast as such, he was just one with animals, well, that's what Calista thought anyway. None of The Chosen seemed particularly mean anyway, well, apart from the girl she had the misfortune of almost being stabbed by earlier on. "Make sure you don't leave her when we have to go, I'm under the impression we are going to be going pretty soon," pouting slightly, she ran her hands down the braids Shiaria had made in her hair. They felt so weird under her fingertips, but she liked them. 

But then, she suddenly frowned at what Lyon was saying. "Don't you understand that that's exactly what we are? I've never thought of it that way before... We are here to be of use to the king and his kingdom. We do not have a choice in that, but that's what we have been brought up to do. All that training? All those days learning how to defend ourselves and how to handle weapons is for the use of the King. We are cattle," Suddenly irritated, she allowed her arms to cross over her chest, leaning against a nearby pillar. "I can't wait to escape this damned hell hole," she groaned, gaze dropping to the floor. Her whole excitable mood had deteriorated.

@The Suspicious Eye

@Arythra Thainspyre

Fortune squirmed in Kielel's grasp, growling in annoyance. She was not happy about being 'captured' by the guy who had kissed her. Fortune's fit was rather fluffed up, and her claws were out. "MREW!" She suddenly cried, digging her nails into the guy's arm. Using that momentum, she launched forward and jumped out of his grasp. Unfortunately, she couldn't get a grip and just tried to run without really getting anywhere. 

@The Suspicious Eye

Lulette sighed in annoyance, walking forward a bit. "I can open doors myself...." She growled before going out the door. Some habits die hard, especially when you've lived by them for years. Even with a new friend, she couldn't stop that cold from coming out. 

@Lost

Gallick Rowan - Ruined Ballroom >>> Barracks

"You know what they say about chivalry..." Gallick muttered, an amused glint in his eyes. He followed her out the door, trailing behind as they made their way to the barracks. 

As they arrived, Gallick spotted a group of Chosen, along with Decius. Good, they haven't left yet. He let out a sigh of relief, before sitting down on a nearby bench. Since they hadn't departed, he assumed there was a holdup of sorts. And, while the waiting continued, he figured he might as well pass the time. He pulled out his book, Stars and Constellations of the Regum Night Sky, V. III, and flipped to [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]Belgraad's Hammer. If he couldn't watch the constellation, he might as well read up on it.[/COLOR] 

As he started reading, he glanced up at Lucette. He didn't want her to feel obligated to sit here while he read. "You can go talk to the other Chosen, if you'd like. Who knows, maybe you'd make some more friends."

@Echo Dreamsong

Arianna Birch: In the barracks with the others. 

Arianna was dressed in her leather armor, her hair braided back out of her face. Her quiver was on her back as well as her staff of hard oak wood. Her bow was in her hand already. She looked around the group and settled with being alone. The slung her bow onto her back with her other weapons and pulled out her staff. Steadily and carefully she began practicing forms. Starting off slowly and getting faster with each form. 

(open for interaction)

Talion 

Currently: Seeking answers

Tags: @Birdsie, @ everyone else (???)

image.jpeg

'Dark skies, and grim faces. Never a good combination.'

From beneath the hood of his cloak, Talion eyed the faces of the men as they passed him by. Some were frightened, wary. Others were more difficult to read. All their faces were hard, haggard, weary. He stopped a footman, ushering him aside as the rest of his company marched on. The infantryman seemed none too keen on the intrusion, but had not the wherewithal to protest. "What happened here?" The elf asked in a serious tone and was told, in brief terms, of the attack on the city and the King. Talion thanked the soldier and continued to make his way to the heart of the city. 

Through Telesto's lower levels Talion moved, soft and swift as shadow. Above him rose the brilliant, gleaming spires of the Capital city. He ignored the suspicious glances of the people as he passed them by. Some of them surely noticed his ears, and his markings and drew the wrong conclusion. Though, a  great deal more of them, he'd wager, noticed above all else the sword strapped to his back. He could not fault them for that. The streets were rank with the stench of fear, and with good reason. He had to find Decius. Surely he would be able to shed more light on their current situation. As the sight of the towers of the barracks came into view, Talion's pace quickened. 

The barracks doors swung wide and in he strode, throwing back his hood as he entered, eyes scanning the small crowd before him, searching for a familiar face, as well as one face in particular. He was met with several vaguely familiar ones, as well as the one he happened to be looking for. He let his eyes linger for a moment on a few of the men and women in various stages of training and socializing.

'So, these are the other Chosen?' 

He'd have been lying if he said he had missed them greatly on his journey. Most seemed not but children to him when last he'd seen them, if not in body, then in mind. Talion approached Decius and, by proxy, the others of the Chosen who happened to be in the vicinity. Waiting patiently for the high lord to finish whatever his business was with the other Chosen, Talion spoke up when he could. "Apologies for missing the Ball." From what he'd heard of the festivities thus far, it sounded like one for the history books. His smirk, short-lived as it was at his own comment, dissolved and casual demeanor disappeared at once when he asked, "What's our next move?" 

Arianna Birch: The barracks-

Arianna eyed the new comer. Had she seen him before? She couldn't recall. Her crimson eyes watched him carefully, determining that he was yet another elf. Her hands spun the staff faster. It became a burr rather quickly as her hands slid across the smooth wood. She willed it even faster as it began to make humming noises from speed. Then slowly she twisted it, willing it to slow this time until it came to a stand still. One end grounded in the dirt. She looked to Decius now, as she slid her staff into the strap on her back. Her bow came out again. the familiar grip in her hand. She tucked a stray lock of hair, that had fallen out of her braid, behind her ear. @Elenion Aura

Dran Von Bill- Grand Ball Room 

Dran notices that the population in the Grand Ball room starts to dissipate until he is left alone in the large room. He takes a moment to take in the view. It looks beautiful, if it wasn't destroyed.

"Almost there Dran." He says to himself as he observes the amount of dark magic around the building. This magic is... unusual, Dran has seen necromancy before and warlocks spells. Yet, this isn't normal, nor is it weak. Dran is actually getting exhausted by the amount of energy put into this spell. His arm is getting weak so is his mental focus. If any of the other clergy were here this would make Dran's day better. Sadly, they are not here at the moment, Drab wants to ponder the many questions he has on his mind. This magic, what are those young folk doing, and where in the holy light is his holy companions?  Dran slips at time to time, the spell fading then becoming luminous once more. His face of exhausion turns to worry and concern as he notices that this fiendish magic is unusual.

"Almost there..."  Dran can't tell what this feeling is from this dark magic, but it isn't normal. It's corrupting as if it's eating away the mortal soul. It's not good, and those people were fighting in it? Gods... Dran took ten more minutes cleaning and double checking for anymore black magic. After the search is clean he looks up and knows exactly what to do next, 

"I have to warn them about this, whatever it is it's not good." Dran takes time to understand this magic.

commission___lion_el_jonson_by_haimeart-d73sexh.jpg
Decius Vorgan

(Barracks>>Courtyard)

A familiar voice chimed in from behind his shoulder he turned to look at the boy standing before him. 

"Ah, Talion.", a small smile graced his lips at the sincere apology, "No matter, you're here now; I was just about to begin briefing everyone. I have sent a message for Sharia and the others to meet us in the courtyard if you'll follow me." 

His war armor clinked lightly with each step he took, this was different armor than the ball, it had been toned down a bit but the golden sheen still visible through the brassy metal. 

He held himself with stern pride, one of a warrior that has seen terrible and tragic things. He carried a helmet under his right arm, it was shaped like a wolf's head and had two sharp ears pointed at the top and eye slits that a soldier could look through. The markings on the face were ancient but beautiful, softly twisting around the snout and cheekbones to create an intricate pattern. It was obviously not something given to the common soldier, it was something that had to be earned and warn during the harshest of conditions in order to instill courage in the hearts of soldiers. The helmet cut off at the nose, leaving the wearer's mouth to be free to shout and give orders willingly. 

Entering into the courtyard he turned as they approached the center nearing the gates and clasped his hands waiting for the group to follow. It wasn't easy governing this group of chosen, they were rowdy, carefree and stubborn children but it was worth it. A small smile crept on his face as he remember teaching Arianna how to hold a sword for the first time, showing Gallick the Royal Archives or even Kora table manners. It seemed like just yesterday...but this was no time for reminiscing. They had a job to do and it was his duty to see that they preformed it.

@Elenion Aura @The Suspicious Eye @Lost @Firebright @SpiritualShrub @Dutchmann @Echo Dreamsong @aja maji @SP3CT3R

((Sorry for the delay. Let's get things back and running, shall we? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧))

Dran Von Bill- Grand Ball Room >>Slowly>> Moving group of chosen.

After some time understanding this black, dark, evil magic. Dran was horrified, the source is unknown, but what it does isn't good at all. Corruption of the soul, it's like a disease or drug. It turns the host into, monsters.... not physically, hopefully. It's hard to be exact on this magic for how he hasn't seen it in action. It's clear now that Dran must warn the others of this vile magic. A small prey to Pelor that none of the people in that battle were infected by it. He has to warn them as fast as possible! But where have they gone? Damn it all, he should've followed those three. They shouldn't be far, right? He just has to fight signs and ask the people where they seen any chosen. Investigation might be slow, but it's a start...

Decius Vorgan 

& Magus Noren 

Seeing all of the Chosen were gathered he heard their multitude of inquires and chatter of curiosity and perhaps even of discontentment. He held up a hand to indicate silence. 

"Now," he began, "I can assure you that all your questions will be answered shortly. I know this has been a har--"

He stopped abruptly by something he saw in the castle gateway. Magus, dressed in his leather armor with gold plating and his crimson cape slowly walked over to wear Decius stood. He started to protest, "My King, there's no nee--" waving away his protests Magnus turned to address the Chosen. 

He stood there, as if drinking in the sight of all of them one last time. His eyes were wistful and spoke of a story that was untold to them. Taking in a deep breath before beginning his deep rumbling voice resonated throughout the grounds,

"I'm sure you all have been curious as to why you're here. Why you were chosen. Although I can not tell you exactly why you were selected, I can tell you that you were all selected for a specific purpose, something that only the nine of you can complete together. Perhaps even a feat that not even I could hope to accomplish. I have entrusted you all with the fate of the kingdom and the fate of this land. You are traveling to face an evil that should never be looked upon by the eyes of any being. This is the burden you must carry. May the wind be there to carry your story." He placed a fist over his heart. A gesture only made to show respect to people of a higher honor. Even Decius' mouth was a bit agape at the action. He cleared his throat and nodded to Decius instructing him to carry on with his task as he walked solemnly back into the castle gateway.

Decius clapped his hands together and continued on with the briefing. "Well as I'm sure you know we are heading to Fenris. This being on account of hearing of an old enemy of mine resurfacing from the depths of Hel. Seeing as I killed him with my own two hands I figured that there was more to this attack than would meet the eye; we are traveling to Fenris to Take. Him. Down. By no means will we let the enemy escape or go easy on them. I've sent my own personal squadron ahead of time to scout path we'll be taking. I'm expecting full cooperation in this mission and I need you all to be at your very best. Nothing gets past you. Got it? Good. We're heading out." 

He signaled to his commander and the clinking of armour resonated throughout the courtyards as a squadron of troops ran past him. He turned and followed them out of the castle courtyard, the wind whipping his cloak behind him. It would be a hard trek before Fenris. 

@Elenion Aura @The Suspicious Eye @Lost @Firebright @SpiritualShrub @Dutchmann @Echo Dreamsong @aja maji 

Arianna Birch:

She followed Decius keeping her eye on the new elf who had arrived. She double checked her armor and weapons but she knew she had everything. She looked  around at all of the others and smiled. What ever was coming in Fenris they could take it. They all made a great team despite not knowing why they were chosen. All they needed was the knowledge that they were chosen and they would fight along side each other till the end. Arianna respected these warriors despite not knowing any of them very well. She doubt anything in Fenris could stand against them. 

@Arythra Thainspyre  @Elenion Aura @The Suspicious Eye @Lost @SpiritualShrub @Dutchmann @Echo Dreamsong @aja maji

(I just tagged everyone because i want this rp to live again)

Users who are viewing this thread