• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"An orphanage huh, must have been horrible, i was raised on a farm my father owns, its fun looking after animals and planting crops but its alot of effort, luckily im more practical than theoretical so it was easy to do even if i dont know what im doing haha".

Ajax felt his body jerk slightly as the train pulls off. He looks out the window and watches as the station gets smaller and smaller until it is nothing but changes into the dazzling sky and fields of green that seems to go on forever.

He slightly chuckles at the joke, "i hope it is, otherwise we would be sleeping in a creepy old castle." He starts thinking what Hogwarts would be like without magic and shivers slightly.

Johanna Hayes
Compartment E

“What?! It’s the Wicked Witch of the West! Crazy old lady, flies around on a broomstick, green skin?! The big bad?! Have you never seen the Wizard of Oz?!” She cried, bewildered. When offered the magazine, she snatched it out of his hand and could be visibly seen trying to calm herself down. Her voice had been rising again, in both pitch and volume. Can’t have that in an enclosed space like a train compartment.

“Different worlds, different worlds... riiiight... apparating. Portkeys. Floor powder...” She buried her nose in the magazine and looked at the pages and pages of... broomsticks. Talking about wind resistance and speed, and...

“Q... Qui... Quidditch?” She questioned, raising an eyebrow before looking at the boy in front of. She then blushed rather sheepishly and put the magazine down.

“Ah, no, I don’t know anything about this. I’m uh... dah, what did that giant man with the money call me?” She rubbed her temples and scrunched up her face as she strained and fought for the right word, “What was it... started with an M... mmmm... moooo... maah... guh...”
She waved a hand in exasperation and exclaimed, “Whatever it was it had something to do with the fact that both my parents aren’t magical. I didn’t even know that this whole world existed up until I got that letter from that beautiful, gorgeous owl that showed up at our kitchen window- by the way, owls? Brilliant. I love it. Wonderful creatures. So no. I don’t know about any of this stuff. And I’m guessing you won’t understand half of the things I talk about.”

RayPurchase RayPurchase

Time: 11:07
Date: 1st of September

• tumblr_okin67bkc61qai61bo1_1280-png.576476
    The new boy introduces himself with solemn sincerity, and James finds himself hoping they're put in the same house, or at least have a few classes together. He would like to try to get the kid to lighten up a bit - he seems earnest, and nice, but also like something is weighing at his shoulders.

Before he can introduce himself the jolt of the train leaving the station pushes someone into their compartment - a girl about their age, with blonde hair and a pointed face. He recognises her immediately as Imelda Doherty, daughter of one of the few Wizarding families at Godric's Hollow. He feels a pang of sympathy, but it's quickly overshadowed by friendly amusement, and he laughs. For someone as immaculately put together as Imelda, that couldn't have been a preferred form of introduction to the others in the compartment.

At Ellison's question, he nods, still grinning profusely. "We both grew up around Godric's Hollow." He explains. "Not many Wizarding families there, y'know? So we definitely see each other around."

Another girl, presumably with Imelda, pokes her head around the door. She seems sheepish, though shameless, and points out a cat James honestly hadn't noticed. It must have slipped past Ellison earlier. He pulls Hedwig Jr's cage onto his chest to make sure she doesn't antagonise the feline, though the snowy owl is being surprisingly docile.

Once Imelda is on her feet, her cheeks red, he raises a hand in greeting, the other one hugging Hedwig's cage. "I can't believe I didn't know you were starting, either." He says. "Midas is as well, right?"

Ajax turns his attention to the doors as they are pulled open, standing there is a girl standing at an average height and red hair, she seems to be at least part french given her introduction.

"It appears that fates have good taste then." He grins. "Well you can sit anywhere you want if you're staying, have you got a pet with you?, Because so far we have a cat and a bird, we don't want anything bad to happen."

He points towards Sherbet in his pocket."This is Sherbet he is an elf owl, and my companion here has the kitten, I'll let her introduce themselves. Anyway my name is Ajax, pleasure to meet you too."

Nathaniel Hamilton
    Mentions: promqueen promqueen PixieDust PixieDust AI10100 AI10100

When the train, abruptly, jolted into movement, Nathan awoke with a start. He was sitting in compartment A, together with some fellow sixth years from his own beloved house. Stretching, Nathaniel looked accusingly at his peers.

"C'mon guys, why didn't you wake me up? I have prefect duties to attend to." He frowned slightly, standing up and straightening his robes, hastily checking on his prefect pin.

Without further ado, Nathaniel exited out of the Compartment and began making his way towards the letter P. He still felt a bit dazed with sleep. What time was it anyways? Eleven o'clock? Nathan scratched the back of his neck, shooting one of his dazzling smiles at some Hufflepuff girls exiting a compartment on the left hand side of the corridor. They giggled as he passed, bending their heads together.

"Excuse me, move please, extremely important prefect coming through!" He half-jokingly called out while squeezing by another group of students up and about.

Once arriving at his destination – Compartment P – he peeked his head inside. There sat Gordon, the male part of the pair of Ravenclaw prefects, opposite to Olba, his female counterpart. Nathan had no issues with the former – in fact, he rather liked the boy, as long as he wasn't correcting Nathan on everything between heaven and earth. He had a vague feeling that the Ravenclaw boy did not share the sentiment though. Olba, on the other hand, actually intimidated Nathaniel. He'd never in a million years admit to that feeling, but still. He felt as if he'd have to work extra hard just to earn her approval.

"Hullo Gordon, Olba," he greeted them accompanied by a grin. "Fancy seeing you here."

He then proceeded to the person sitting next to Gordon – Victoire. Oh, Victoire. The blonde was simply ravishing. Well, it's kind of cheating, what with the Veela blood and all. Nathaniel flashed her a quick smile, taking her in from head to toe.

"Victoire, T’as d’beaux yeux, tu sais?" He said. He'd gotten that line of French from some movie. He was fairly certain that he'd complimented the girl on her eyes, but one could never be too sure.

The last person sitting in the prefect compartment was Catherine, the surprisingly polite Slytherin prefect. She wasn't looking bad either, but her whole demeanor was so... Chilly. At least, that's the impression Nathan had gotten from spending six years with her at school, and a year of prefect duties together. Perhaps it was a pureblood thing. Yeah, that must be it. Nathan smiled a bit more teasingly at the Slytherin girl.

"'Sup, Ice Princess? Had a good summer?" While addressing Cathy, Nathan made himself comfortable next to Victoire. "That goes for all of you, by the way."

Ross Sterling

Compartment E

Ross’ eyebrows furrowed into an even deeper frown.

“The Wizard of where…? And a green witch, is she sick or something?”

He hardly had a chance to blink as the magazine was whipped out of his hands. He couldn’t help but smile however as she excitedly poured over the book, leaning back into his seat as the train began to rattle along the tracks.

“Best game there is, I mean I’m probably a little biased as I grew up with it… but I’m sure you’ll love it too. All First Years get flying lessons, so you can get started almost straight away. You can keep the magazine if you want, I’ve already read it back to front too many times,”

He slowly nodded his head as she explained. Of course, muggleborn, would explain why most of what she was saying was, well to Ross it was absolute gibberish.

“Ah you’re a muggleborn, means er… non witch or wizard parents, must have been a shock getting the letter then. They’re by no means rare, so you don’t have to worry about being the only one. You’ll catch up fast too,”

(Interaction: explosiveKitten explosiveKitten )

• x

x
    Mood:
    - Pleasantly surprised, slightly less embarrassed

With:
    - James, Margo, Ellison, Penelope

Mentions:
    - n/a

Tags:
    - promqueen promqueen Peach Tea Peach Tea Kipsy Kipsy T Tinytiger28

Imelda Doherty
    b360ea7282cdb180260a5ec62158f32d.jpg
    Imelda glanced over at the other boy in the compartment with them when he asked if she and James knew each other. The boy seemed quite the gentle sort of person, though Imelda supposed there was no real way of knowing just by looking at a person. She had been about to explain that, the pair only really knew each other in a roundabout way, when James proceeded before her.

It seemed silly, perhaps to care, but the girl couldn't help feeling accomplished at the fact that a Potter recognised her and validated their acquaintance. After all, James' father was a true wizarding hero, and his mother was one of the best seekers the Holyhead Harpies had ever had.
    "I can't believe I didn't know you were starting either. Midas is as well right?" At this question, Imelda rolled her eyes in a playfully exasperated way. Her brother was, in her opinion, one of the least interesting people she knew "Midas? Yeah, he's here too." She had begun to relax now, but knew that she couldn't hover in their compartment any longer, considering how crowded it already was.

Birdie still did not move, and Imelda knew there was no use in forcing him out. The cat had turned his attention to the other cat who had suddenly taken an interest in him. He mewed softly before circling the other cat once, curiously. It seemed he had decided he approved of the other feline.
    "Looks like Blue's trying to say hello," the quiet boy said, with obvious fondness in his voice. Imelda smiled at the boy with a small kind laugh. "Blue is a lovely name for a cat. I think Birdie likes him. I'm Imelda by the way. Nice to meet you." She said, addressing both the boy and the other girl in the compartment. She then gestured to Penelope, "and this is Penelope. I promise we'll be out of your hair as soon as Birdie does as he's told." Imelda sighed as her cat decided to greet the snowy owl with an enthused meow before proceeding to trot over to Penelope in search of her rat.

“Yeah... yeah it was a bit of a shock to get a letter with a wax seal from an owl. I’m not complaining about the owl, I’m just saying that wax seals are a little outdated. Like what, are you lot stuck in Victorian London? Jaysus...” she mumbled, flipping through the magazine idly before coming up on a couple different words she didn’t recognize.

“So... Quidditch. Is it like football? Something everyone watches on the TV on sundays? Do men get really excited about it even though it’s literally just watching a bunch of people kick a ball back and forth across a field? And what’s with all these random words. Chaser, Beater, Keeper... Seeker?” She was only getting more and more jumbled and confused as time went on.

“Isn’t it kind of dangerous to fly around in the air on broomsticks, playing games? And they teach this stuff to little kids like us?”

RayPurchase RayPurchase

x

x
Mood:
- Bored

With:
- Ross and Johanna

Mentions:
- n/a

Tags:
- RayPurchase RayPurchase explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Antonius Flint
2aef7d598ff5409edcd2169350049900.jpg
Antonius had been one of the lucky few who had managed to find a compartment all to himself. At first, this had seemed like the best thing to happen, but the hyperactive boy soon became restless. He shot a glance sidelong at his handsome eagle owl Themis who perched in her cage in the most graceful manner.

"What do you reckon, Themis, ought I go and seek out something fun to do? I don't much like being cooped up in this stuffy old carriage." Predictably, the bird did not respond to his question, but simply clicked her beak and turned her head from him to show her lack of concern for what he decided to do with his time.

Antonius rolled his eyes impatiently, picking up her cage and exiting the compartment in search of an amusing distraction. The train had already begun its journey toward Hogwarts now.

Without much thought, the boy decided to enter compartment E. Without bothering to announce his entrance, Antonius slid open the compartment door with an air of ownership and stepped inside with Themis' cage under one arm.

It barely took the boy a moment to settle his cool gaze on the occupants of the compartment. They both seemed about his own age; a boy and a girl. The girl had a copy of 'Which Broom?' in her hands and Antonius couldn't help but roll his eyes in an exaggerated manner. He had hoped whoever he had come across wasn't a quidditch fanatic.

"I was bored so I thought I'd sit in here. You don't mind do you?" he said to them both in a leisurely drawl that clearly showed he did not care whether they minded or not. "The name's Flint, Antonius Flint."

He had been about to ask which families they had come from, but judging by the way they both carried themselves, he had a sneaking suspicion they were not from any families of repute. Typical really.

Ellison Sampson

Mood: A bit better
Interactions: Imelda Doherty
Mentions: James Potter
Tags: promqueen promqueen PixieDust PixieDust

No, Ellison did not know of Godric's Hollow, nor did he understand the difference between his family and wizarding families yet. Did it matter that he didn't even know who his birth parents were, or was this about the foster family he had? Was he somehow lesser in comparison to James? If so, what even was the point of trying to attend Hogwarts if he'd be completely outmatched? A small frown shaped Ellison's lips. He pulled the cat-backpack closer to his chest, feeling a little out-of-place all over again.

When the more talkative girl spoke up again, though, Ellison looked to her with intrigue. She was probably the first person to have agreed with him that Blue was a good name for a cat. It was nice, simple, and it rolled off the tongue. Plus, it suited the blue-eyed cat more than any other names he could think of. His mother had made fun of him for being uncreative. Knowing that someone agreed with him was... reassuring. It made him want to get to know her more, for whatever that was worth.

Throughout his years at other schools, he'd never really been able to keep friends. Make them, sure; that was the easy part. He liked being friendly. But maintaining that relationship took a different skill set entirely, one which he had no experience with. It didn't come naturally to him. Instead, he found himself a blubbering mess even when the conversation was something more than just small talk.

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you too, Imelda," he said, offering her a small smile. Blue let out two more meows, the first longer than the last. He seemed a little sad to see Birdie's attention pulled away. "I'm Ellison. Ellison Sampson. I don't think I'm from a wizarding family, whatever that entails, but I hope we can still be friends? At the very least, our cats can have play dates every once in a while. They really do seem to like each other." The prospect of Blue having a playmate made him feel like a proud parent, like he was raising his cat right. It was silly, but he was young and naive. To him, it made perfect sense.

codedbycrucialstar

_hogwarts_oc__trevor_by_kurokh_db7q66l-250t.jpg

Gordon Goodblood
Interactions:
promqueen promqueen PixieDust PixieDust Faye. Faye.

Mentions:

Gordon had obviously been drifting away himself, eyes closing and head dipping every now and then but he snaps to attention the moment his head drops. He did want to steal a few more minutes of sleep and with the lull of conversation, he thought that it may become possible that he could get away with sleeping until they were up for patrols. He wouldn't want to seem irritated because of his lack of sleep when he was patrolling. He didn't want to scare the poor children just starting - those were possible bright young minds after all! However, his hopes of getting some sort of rest was dashed when the compartment door opened to their Gryffindor prefect.

"And you're just in time aren't you, Nathaniel?" One could easily say that Gordon didn't like him very much, considering whenever Nathan tried to show off incorrect knowledge, he was right there to correct him - harshly if needed. However, he honestly didn't mind his presence so long as he kept to the factual truth. He didn't much care for his cockiness or his flirting or whatever else people seemed to get irritated with when it comes to him. He was unsure how Nathaniel felt about him but, by now, he could assume that they were on tolerable terms.

When Nathaniel spoke French, a grin broke free from Gordon's face. For once, Nathaniel actually made a correct phrase. Even if Nathaniel wasn't sure what exactly it meant and just grabbed it from whatever book or movie or whatever, the mere fact that it was still very much correct was enough to appease Gordon. He crossed his arms and laid his head onto the window. Gordon didn't seem to be bothered by Catherine's obvious hatred for the Gryffindor - he had a wild guess as to why she was acting like that - and he simply let it be.

Penelope Hartmen
Interactions: Birdie ( PixieDust PixieDust ) Ellison ( Kipsy Kipsy )

Penelope absentmindedly scratched behind Birdie's fluffy ears, listening curiously to the conversation at hand. Godrics hollow, wizarding family. None of it made sense.

She was about to pipe up and ask about it when Ellison mentioned he had no idea what a wizarding family was either. Thank goodness she wasn't the only one...

"So... uh, not to be annoying, but what is a wizarding family? Or Godric's Hollow? Is that just a town or something?" She asked, eyebrows knitting together in thought. "Sorry, I don't really know much about anything here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back