• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Gareth was sweet, the way his face lit up when he realised who it was and the way he still had spirit in him. Lance knew he was tough. “Oh I know” he replied. “Gotta enjoy my freedom until then” he joked. But they did all know the chances of that happening were slim to none. It was nice to pretend though. Gareth could’ve had such a bright future, Lance was sad for him about that, but, seeing him smile now, it was just nice to see him able to be happy.

Lance groaned dramatically. “Ugh, don’t get me started“ he murmured but his voice was light, even if the threat of Gaheris had been and was real. Gaheris was still Gareth’s brother, he might pose a threat to Ruth or even Caleb but he couldn’t imagine him hurting his own brother. “He was a terror” he insisted. “How Gawain ever got him to follow any instructions I don’t know” he murmured. “He was rude to Prince Silas, although I will admit Silas sometimes has it coming. He got into a fight with a noble boy from Silas and Caroline’s kingdom and he’s done nothing but fight me at every turn,” he complained but he didn’t mention how Gaheris had scared Ruth, Gareth didn’t need to hear that.

“I fear you and Gawain were the only brothers to receive any brains” he whispered as he leaned in. “Gaheris didn’t even win his fight with that noble boy, got knocked out with a bottle of wine from what I heard” Lance told him. “Arthur’s the one who found them“ So that might be something fun for Gareth to bring up to his brother, being embarrassed in front of the prince and being beaten by someone with no fighting experience. “Gaheris could probably do with a bit more training in manners” he mused, and well….that wouldn’t be the case because he’d given the letter to the king who’d found it…..interesting. He wasn’t sure what had possessed Arthur to weite a letter of recommendation but it certainly wasn’t normal. It hadn’t seemed faked though, the handwriting was unmistakably Arthur’s and the seal hadn’t been broken. Either Gaheris had done something exceptional (unlikely since he would no doubt be bragging about it) or he knew something he was supposed to. Now, considering Alexander didn’t know about Lance and Caroline, he’d assumed that Gaheris had found out about Arthur’s interest in men. Seeing as that was something Alexander wished to keep quiet, he’d agreed to knight Gaheris the following day, figuring the boy had enough training to at least be serviceable and his age was hardly a precedent given Caleb. Gaheris could always pick up more skills by training with the other knights and it’s not like Gawain would be back for some time to continue teaching him but maybe Agravain could give him some pointers.

Lance seemed to have plenty to complain about regarding Gaheris. That... Wasn't surprising. Probable the only people that could keep Gaheris under control was Gawain and Agravain! Even then both men probable had headaches after dealing with him! He couldn't help his grinning. Indeed, Gareth and Gawain were probable the easiest to get along with. But they also had their own problems... None of the siblings were really right. He was a bit surprised by Gaheris getting beat by some noble kid though! That wasn't good. Might need to tease Gaheris about that oneday! Though... Gareth didn't know how much he wanted to mess with his brother currently. Things just felt too grim between eachother for that.

Gareth then pointed out to Lance. "Gawain's been trying to teach him manners since he was little. " Clearly it hadn't worked. Really, Gaheris probable spent the most time with Gawain out of all of them! Being his squire after all. Clearly with the extra time Gawain could still only do so much. Gareth then murmured fondly. "You know... When we were tiny Gwyn was the trouble maker though. " His sister. Few in the family could bring her up these days without going into tears. And sure, Gareth was sad. But it was also a sweet memory. He could remember plenty days when Gwyn was dragging her brother along to get into some sort of trouble.

She'd probable been the most right in the head out of all of them. Gareth then told Lance. "She pushed me down a well once... " That had resulted in a lot of tears from Gareth and Gawain scolding her fiercely. Agravain probable wasn't happy either. Because while Gareth couldn't remember it too well. He was pretty sure Agravain had to be the one to climb down and get him out. Gawain having been panicking to much to provide proper help.

Maybe some teasing between them brothers would be good, return them to normality a bit more, although It could go very wrong. Gaheris’ temper was a lot shorter nowadays and he may just snap and try to strangle Gareth instead of putting up with it. Probably not but maybe. Even before all this ugliness had been pulled to the surface of Gaheris, he had been just plain rude. Less so to those in power and that he respected but well, that list wasn’t very long anyway.

It seemed Gaheris must have picked up a trick Or two from his sister though because the pair had been very close, especially when they were younger. Lance had been an only child but he’d certainly met a few troublemakers, mightve Been a bit of one himself when he’d been younger. He chuckled gently as Gareth talked About the well. “I hope you got her back” Lance insisted. A well certainly would have been stressful for Gawain seeing as they were usually filled with water but at least Agravain had been around.

Lance softened his voice for Gareth “you know, if you ever want to talk about her, or anything else, you can always talk to me” he promised. He didn't know if Agravain sat and listened to his brother’s fears and sorrow but even if he did, it might be good to talk to someone a bit more removed. “I’d like Galahad to turn out like you” he admitted, maybe not the being attracted to your own family part though, not that Galahad had much family to be attracted to. “Sweet and funny and with a fighting spirit” he told him. “Maybe not as bossy though” he added afterwards with a small grin. “Maybe I’ll bring him with me next time, both kids in the same place” he teased. Galahad might be a bit alarmed at the sight of Gareth, or maybe not, he could be a bit easy going. They could cuddle! Although Gareth might not wish to and Lance could talk to them, not that Galahad could understand, maybe he could read a children’s book that Galahad could see the words of? Gareth was a bit old for something like that though. Maybe they could just nap together, that’d be cute.

Gareth hadn't really managed to get revenge. Though Gawain's scolding had been enough. No one wanted to disappoint Gawain after all! Lance was sweet though. Offering to listen to such things and Gareth might take him up on that offer. He loved Agravain. But the poor man was tired and Gareth didn't want to make things harder for him by rambling about his own fears and worry. Besides, Not all were things he wanted Agravain to hear. Then Lance kept talking and Gareth hoped Lance didn't notice how his cheeks reddened at that. Flustered by the compliments. But it was nice.

He nearly rolled his eye at the last part. Before he then told Lance. Tone embarrassed. "I... I'd like to be like you. " Oh, He could imagine Lance was going to hold that against him and embarrass him further. But it was true. He looked up to Lance. Respected and cared about him. He was something to aspire to be like. Gareth then swallowed and then told Lance. "Listen. I know my brothers... They been d*cks about what happened? " Gareth knew they blamed him. No matter what he said he knew they would continue to blame him. Gareth then looked at Lance. Not that he could see him well. "But... What I did was my choice. I'd make the same one again in a heartbeat. " He did not regret his actions. Did not want Lance to feel any guilt. No matter how much his brothers wanted Lance to suffer.

Outside the room. Caleb was still holding Galahad. Idly talking to the boy even though he could not hear. But Galahad seemed to be comfortable just clinging to her. Sadly the peace was not to last. Caleb paused at the sound of footsteps. Freezing. Perhaps it was simply a servant. But the reality it might be Agravain or Gaheris was very real. Sure, Caleb did not fear them. Was sure she could smooth tempers. But she knew there would likely be a good bit of yelling in Lance's direction. They would not be happy with his arrival. Holding Galahad. Caleb carefully walked towards the door. Knocking gently. A simple warning that Lance should perhaps prepare himself. Didn't want him to be taken by surprise!

Lance grinned as Gareth made that concession but Gareth was soon growing more serious. It was reassuring to hear him saying that. He did blame himself a bit, should’ve been paying more attention and the idea that Gareth regretted it too was eating him up inside but he did also know it was an accident and it was just unfortunate. “Thank you” he murmured. “For what you did and for saying that. But don’t worry about me and your brothers, I can handle them” he insisted. He turned his head as he heard the knock. He squeezed Gareth’s hand one last time. “Speaking of, I better go, but I’ll come talk to you soon” he promised.

Lance got up, letting go of Gareth’s hand as he went to slip out of the room. If he was to be spotted then better not have an argument right in front of Gareth. They wouldn’t get very far though because Agravain was soon appearing, wondering where his wife had gotten to and figuring she might be with Gareth. He was about to call out to Caleb when he spotted Lance leaving Gareth’s room and his eyes narrowed. “What do you think you're doing?” Agravain growled, moving forward towards Lance, Caleb might have to hold him back but that might be a bit difficult with her holding Galahad. Caleb had warned him about Lance but what was the idiot actually doing here? And seeing Gareth as well! He was really taking liberties.

“I was visiting Gareth” Lance replied calmly. “You have no right after what you did to him” Agravain snapped, pointing angrily at Lance. Lance tried to move away from Gareth door, to move the argument away from the boy and to calm Agravain down. “I didn’t do anything to him and he was pleased to see me” Lance insisted, trying his best not to bristle at the glare Agravain was sending him. “you can go and ask him if you like but it’s probably not helpful to stress him out,“ Lance told him. Agravain snarled at Lance “don’t tell me what is and isn’t good for my brother because you are not on the good list”

Gareth couldn't help but be a little worried as Lance got up. But it was perhaps for the best. Them fighting in front of Gareth would do nothing but upset the boy. Still, Gareth couldn't help but wish he could follow when Lance left.
Of course Agravain was furious. Caleb had figured such would happen and could see it on his face when Lance exited the room. Tensing a bit when Agravain spoke up and Caleb half expected her husband to punch Lance. Carefully she set Galahad down. Ruffling the boys hair before pushing her way between the two. She wasn't going to let a fight breakout.

Caleb then told him. "I let him see him. Me and you both know Gareth has been missing him. " Lance was his friend after all. Though she imagined Agravain would not be happy with her over such. She probable could have told him first. But... Well, He'd probable have stopped Lance from getting anywhere near Gareth if she had. Galahad at this point, Had noticed the tension between the men. Even if he didn't understand them. Sniffling. He looked very much like he was going to begin crying again.

Caleb then sighed, Placing a hand on Agravain's chest. She then urged. "Remember, Lance is the one that went and got Gaheris back. I know you don't like it. But he's not a enemy. " Lance had done a lot to help the family. But... Maybe they needed someone to blame. Someone to hate. If only to help them handle their grief. They could not keep taking such things out on Lance though. He had been nothing but kind to them. What happened to Gareth was merely a accident.

It was a good thing that Caleb was there to ease the tension because Agravain would not listen to anything Lance had to say about being calm. Agravain switched his gaze to Caleb briefly but the anger was still there, except now so was a bit of hurt. She knew he didn’t want Lance seeing him, couldn’t she listen to him? Was it not enough that Agravain hadn’t picked Lance up and bodily thrown him out of the house. Caleb might get angry with him if those anger continued and Galahad started crying, Lance maybe should remove his son from this situation.

Gaheris had been brought back by Lance but it had been his duty to save Gaheris, he was the king’s nephew! Lance was just being a knight. “He is the enemy” Agravain replied with a growl. How did Caleb not see that? He could understand why Gawain had suspected there might be something going on Between Lance and Caleb, they were too close for his liking. “I don’t like him being here” Agravain muttered although it was not his house still, couldn’t his wife take his feelings into account?

”im only here because your sister is a threat to my family” Lance murmured, going to scoop up his son although that might just make Galahad cry. ”So am I“ Agravain snarled and Caleb really might not like that but she had married an angry and violent man, she couldn’t expect the beast to be caged forever. Agravain had settled down and he was generally softer with his family but not exactly a pussycat. But, Caleb had gone through a lot, been assaulted and then fallen pregnant, Agravain hadn’t exactly through the could be that rough with her, didn’t want to scare her but…maybe he wasn’t as domesticated as people thought. Lance held Galahad closer at the threat and narrowed his eyes at Agravain. He would fight for his family if he had to, and it was easier to fight against Agravain than it was Gavin.

Agravain wasn't calming down it seemed. So Caleb was certain to make sure she stayed firmly in front of him. She could understand his anger, Though that hardly ment she approved of it. The threat made her narrow her eyes though. Oh, She wasn't happy with that at all. Actually, She was kind of furious that he'd ever threaten Lance's family. Agravain was not going to harm Lance or Galahad. So Caleb then snapped firmly. "Agravain. " By now, Little Galahad was going increasingly upset and was finally beginning to cry. The noise really didn't help the situation. But Caleb then shook her head. "I know you don't like it. But he's not going to be staying here forever. " She doubted Lance even wanted to stay here very long. Being in a house with Gaheris and Agravain would certainly make his hair start turning grey!

Caleb then looked back towards Lance. Briefly glancing at Galahad in his arms before gesturing towards a room. "Lance, Just... Go get settled down. Thats your room. " Caleb would probable be able to calm her husband down a little better if he wasn't in the same room as them. Though Agravain might not like that. Looking back towards Agravain. He was angry, She understood that. But she didn't like him threatening her friends and their family.

She then warned him. "Don't ever make that f*cking threat again. I love you. But if you laid a hand on that little boy I'd kill you. " She told him. She was a knight. It was her duty to protect people. Agravain's threat might have been empty. But Caleb was not going to even allow the thought to be entertained. Caleb then huffed. "Lance is my friend. I'll forever be thankful to him for some of the things he's done for me. " Keeping her secret. Being there after the attack. Just being a friend. So Caleb shook her head. "He stays here as long as he needs. "

The threat had been mostly empty, he didn’t plan on hurting Galahad and he liked Antonio so saw no path that way but the point was that he could be threat if he wanted, Lance was not any safer around Agravain than he was around Gavin. Lance was not welcome and should be on his toes. Lance nodded in agreement with Caleb and went to settle down, bouncing Galahad gently in the hopes of cheering him up although he didn’t have the highest hopes. Maybe he’d calm down a bit once he’d been removed from the situation.

Agravain narrowed his eyes as Caleb threatened him. She would go against her own husband! She really thought she might be capable of killing him? Ignoring the emotions, Agravain was double her size and weight with far more experience, yes she’d beaten him in that duel but Agravain knew what to expect from her now, had seen her fighting style, it might not be so easy to take him down again. She really was so eager to stand up for Lance, it was infuriating. What about all the things Agravain had done for her! He’d been there for her after the assault, had also kept her secret, he’d married her for goodness sake! Her loyalty should be to him.

”if he hurts another member of my family, I’ll kill him” Agravain warned, although that would present its own difficulties as Lance was certainly skilled and knew how to fight and protect himself. “And I don’t appreciate being threatened by my own wife” Agravain said, drawing up to his full height although part of what he loved about Caleb was her fire. This was different though, this was putting his family at risk, did she not see that? ”we need to get you some better friends” Agravain muttered and well, yeah, she probably could do with some more. Why couldn’t she hang out with christopher instead? Sure, he could be a bit annoying but he hadn’t maimed his brother so that was something. Seemed there was a little trouble in paradise, hopefully they resolved it soon enough.

Agravain was a intimidating man who towered over most. It was hard not to feel herself tense up. But Caleb stayed in place. Head held high and arms crossed as she stared up at him. Huffing. "We both know he's not going to. And If he did. I would back you up. " If Lance intentionally harmed a family member of Agravain. Well, Caleb would of course help her husband! But Lance wasn't going to. What happened with Gareth was a accident and Caleb was sure Lance grieved over the event. Caleb then shook her head. Telling him. "And I don't appreciate you threatening children. I'm not going to put up with it. " She shot back. His threat might have been empty. But Caleb would not tolerate it.

Caleb loved her husband. But she would go against him over what she deemed as right. She had to resist rolling her eyes at his next comment. Lance was a perfectly good man and a fine friend. Besides, Agravain could hardly comment. He didn't exactly have that many friends! Though Caleb decided it best not to say that out loud. Caleb then told Agravain. "Instead of hating Lance. Why can't you just take pride in what your brother did? Gareth got hurt protecting Lance. " The boy had been brave. Protecting ones comrades was what a knight should do. Gareth had done that.

Caleb then said. "You act as though Lance attacked Gareth. " Caleb wasn't certain anything she said would change his mind. Didn't think even Gareth himself could change the minds of any of his brothers. Sighing. She finally looked away. Truly, She had figured this would eventually come up. Though Caleb hardly liked dealing with it. She then told Agravain. "Lance is like a brother to me, I trust him with my life. I would completely trust him with our baby. And... It feels nice to have him here. I missed him. " She confessed to Agravain.

Agravain didnt want to doubt his wife but well….he wasn’t convinced she would back him up should Lance further hurt his family because she wasn’t backing him up right now. Lance was always too conveniently late to do anything, he hadn’t managed to dodge the carriage by himself and he also hadn’t returned soon enough to save Caleb from her assault, he was not a reliable man nor one that should be trusted. She knew that Agravain didnt like Lance, hadn’t before this whole ordeal, but now the rest of his family agreed with him, why couldn’t Caleb just do this for him?

”Lance shouldn’t have needed protecting” he hissed, ”he should’ve been paying attention” and then they wouldn’t be in this whole mess! It should not have been up to his little brother to do that. And actually he was a bit angry at Gareth because he should’ve come to the wedding instead of sulking about it. Agravain actually recoiled a little as she said she’d trust Lance with their baby. “You can’t be serious“ he murmured. ”I do not trust him with our baby, he can’t even look after his own son” he insisted. Agravain was a bit more seasoned in looking after children but well, Lance had not done a good job In his opinion. “He’s not had the kid too long and he’s already lost him, let him get hurt by those bandits, and then left him” although again to save Gaheris. So yeah, it seemed that Agravain could not trust Caleb to keep their baby out of Lance’s irresponsible hands.

He shook his head. “I know you’re new to this whole mothering thing so maybe leave the baby decisions to me” he suggested which okay, maybe Agravain should watch his tongue because Caleb might not like the way he was talking to her. Lance could do with some baby advice? Agravain could do with some lady advice. Maybe they could help each other out! But well, Agravain had been thinking it for some time. He loved Caleg but it was so clear she didn’t really know what she was doing, she didn’t know how to be a lady, let alone a mother. He’d always assumed it would mostly be his responsibility anyway and he was fine with that but he wasn’t going to let her put their baby in needless danger.

Caleb couldn't say she was surprised by Agravain's words. Had been expecting it. He'd always blame Lance for what happened to Gareth. That Caleb was certain of. She huffed a little as he kept talking. Truly, That was hardly fair! Did Agravain not see how much Lance adored his son? It was obvious to Caleb that Lance would do anything for that boy! Those things that happened had been horrible accidents. And he'd hardly left his son. He went away to rescue Gaheris! Caleb was just about to point all this out. Then Agravain just had to keep talking and oh... Caleb was not happy at all.

Placing her hand on her stomach. She narrowed her eyes and lifted her chin. Growling. "Watch it. " Sure, Agravain had raised his little siblings. But this was also still Caleb's baby. Her expression also took one that seemed a bit hurt. Caleb was not happy and it didn't help that she was a bit on the emotional side lately. Lifting her hand. She poked him on the chest. Asking him. "So do you not trust me? Clearly not. Do you really think I'd risk our baby if I thought Lance was even the slightest threat? " Caleb then took a step back from Agravain.

Shaking her head, She then grumbled. "I guess you'll need to think of a good way to protect the baby from me. Because clearly you think I'll be such a awful mother. " Turning around to try and storm off to the couples room. She was fuming and feeling hurt and very much wishing she could go spar once more. Atleast give her some way to burn off this anger and energy! Hitting something would surely make her feel better. Alas, It would be a while longer before she'd be able to take her anger out using a sword!

Tensions were running a bit high at the moment and it seemed Agravain was creating a bit of a mess. Caleb was taking it to mean he didn’t trust her and he huffed, attempting to follow her as she stormed away. “You know that’s not what I meant’ he called. He did trust her, he did, but she hadn’t raised children before, it really would be best of he took the lead and then she could learn from him! Maybe Agravain would be sleeping on the couch tonight. Maybe to make it up to her, he’d let her hit him! He could probably take it, with her fists though, not a sword!

”I don’t think you’re going to be a terrible mother” he insisted, “but you have to admit I’m a bit more experienced in this area” Oh yeah, because everyone loved an prologue where you insisted you were right. At least he hadn’t brought up her hormones! That might’ve made things worse. “I would just….you know how I feel about Lance, even if he is your friend, I would feel better if our baby was in the hands of people we both trusted“ he told her. And that might rule out a lot of people, like Gawain perhaps. Agravain trusted his older brother but they Had returned to Caleb’s home, Gawain had been a bit pushy and dismissive with her. And yeah, Caleb probably didn’t trust Gaheris. They only person they probably jointly trusted was Melodias. Lance might not still be living with them anyway once the baby was born, they’d see.

And well, she had a lot of fire in her right now and Agravain knew how he liked her to use that fire. She was upset at him, thought he didn’t trust her, well maybe he could show her. “Come on, you know I love you” he murmured. “Let’s not think about anyone else, just enjoy some alone time before this baby comes” he let his voice drop a little huskily. They usually weren’t very shy about where they made out or anything but with all these people now living with them it felt a bit like they might not have a proper chance to be alone together for a while. Although Agravain was maybe pushing his luck, Caleb might not want him near her right now, let alone to sleep with him in her current mood.

Caleb could hear him following after her. Didn't look back as she walked. Yeah, They probable would have a very hard time finding a babysitter if the list was narrowed that much. Caleb wasn't that fond of Agravain's siblings and Agravain? He didn't really seem to trust most people. Her father would always be a option though! He kept talking and then his tone was changing. Oh no, He wasn't getting out of things that easily. She couldn't just be sweet talked into dropping things. Clutching her fist, She spun around on him. Eyes still narrowed.

Oh, The way he was looking at her. Her frustration and energy. Caleb stared up at him for a couple moments before without warning aimed to push him against the wall. Pressing her lips against his for a moment before grumpily telling him. "I'm still upset. " She warned. This wasn't her letting him off the hook. She just... She couldn't fight, She wanted to hit something. This was perhaps the next best thing. She didn't exactly tend to be gentle with her husband during such things. Though both seemed to enjoy such things.

Caleb then was kissing him once again. Hopefully they wouldn't have to worry about Gaheris or someone interrupting them. Knowing Gaheris he would probable love to ruin their fun. Caleb then pulled away once more. Hands placed on his chest as she muttered. "Your lucky I love you. " Sure, The topic would probable come up again. But for now Caleb seemed willing to set it aside for the moment. Gosh, Still still so dearly wanted to spar. She hated sitting around this house so much. Maybe tomorrow she'd come up with some excuse to leave for the day.

Agravain likely trusted the servants more than Lance and well, it was clear that Agravain’s family probably wasn’t too much of an option for babysitting. But, Agravain liked Melodias, thought he was a respectable man and well, he liked his daughter! And speaking of, it might be a bit awkward if Melodias was around them when they were so riled Up. Agravain had done his best to keep the PDA fo a minimum around the man but they did find it difficult to keep their hands off each other so it was only a matter of time. Gaheris didn’t like Caleb so likely wouldn’t come searching for them, seeing as he was also angry at Agravain, then again his mood had been lifted by his upcoming knighthood, still, people probably knew to stay away from their bedroom.

He grinned as she gave in and kissed him. Oh yes, of course she was upset, but not enough to let it get in their way and maybe it’d just contribute to her roughness which was fun. “.Uh huh, uh huh, I know” he replied to her declaration of love and gave her a bit of a smug and amused smile before he went to kiss her. Agavain enjoyed sparring but they’d tapered that off as her due date approached, perhaps Lance could be tempted into some sort of work out though? Might cause more arguments between him and Agravain though.

Maybe it would just help her to do something physical, like ride a horse, or maybe she could instruct some squires although that might make her itch for a sword even more. Agravain was not aware of her roaming thoughts although he could understand her ache for the sword but he wouldn’t approve. He was a little preoccupied with kissing her though and went to grip her thighs and lift her up, hoping she’d wrap her legs around him although it was a bit awkward with her stomach and Agravain’s frame, he would certainly need to keep supporting her to prevent her falling.

(next day? Can be either Caleb or Gavin and that, or Silas and Arthur and Caroline)

(Yup! I'll go ahead and time skip! )

The next morning, Silas found himself awaking fairly early. His head pounding and wounds from yesterday aching. That was hardly unusual for him. He could feel he was cuddled up against another person. Head resting on there chest and arm around them. Again. Nothing odd for him. A small grumble came from him, A complaint against the morning light coming in threw the window. That was when he opened his eyes and found himself surprised to find himself cuddling with Arthur.

Ah yes, The events of yesterday came rushing back. Briefly he found his cheeks heating up. Though he was hardly certain why, The two had not done anything. Just cuddled it seemed. But Silas still found himself feeling a touch embarrassed. Carefully he untangled himself from the other. His cheetah that still slept peacefully making a small noise as the bed shifted. Though Silas ignored it. Sitting up. He imagined Caroline was probable worried about her husband not returning. Oh well.

Silas considered just letting Arthur sleep. But it was probable best he got up. So Silas then spoke. "Hey, C'mon. Time to wake up. " He urged. Gently nudging Arthur before he got to his feet. Briefly he wondered if his father would be expecting them at breakfast. Though he soon shook that from his mind. His father wasn't really the type to do such things. Didn't care much to spend time with the family and he doubt Arthur's presence would change that. If he wanted them he'd have sent a servant to get them.

Arthur was enjoying the comfort of a bed, so much so that he’d forgotten where he was and what had happened. Instead he figured he was back at home, that none of this had happened and he’d wake up, go train and just enjoy the sun. Arthur wasn’t so lucky though and he wasn’t at home. He groaned as he nudged awake and the warmth that had been pressed against him left. He cracked open an eye experimentally before he opened both but squinted against the light.

”ugh” he groaned, pressing a hand against his head. His head was pounding, the light hurt and his mouth felt dry and fuzzy. How much had he drank? Too much, if he had to guess. He needed something to drink. “Why did you let me drink so much” he complained although it wasn’t really Silas’ fault. He just felt a bit gross, he needed to change his clothes, he bet he smelt like alcohol and he needed to see how Caroline wa…..”Caroline!” He gasped “I was supposed to return to her“ he murmured. Now he felt bad, what if he’d worried her, she probably wasn’t very happy with him.

Arthur climbed out of the bed, and ow, his head did not like that. Arthur was still not totally relaxed around the cheetah but well, it hadn’t eaten him in his sleep so he didn’t see why she would now. And he remember what had happened yesterday and he looked at Silas worriedly. “You feeling alright?” he asked. He figured Silas would probably be feeling a bit sore for a few days, the bruises would take time to heal. “I am not feeling okay” Arthur admitted, “my head is pounding” he muttered, “How people regularly drink alcohol I do not know” It tasted horrible and the hangovers were even worse. Although it did make his feel wonderfully numb when he was drunk.

Silas couldn't help but glance at Arthur. Amusement on his face. Seemed he was not enjoying the after effects of there night of drinking. Not that Silas could say he was doing much better. Then alarm seemed to cross his face. Oh, Poor Caroline. she definitely would be worried. But Silas soothed gently. "Don't worry, If she had gotten too worried I'm sure she'd have come knocking. " She knew where Arthur had gone after all. That didn't mean she wasn't fretting though. Then Arthur seemed to be focusing on him and Silas then promised. "I'm fine. Just a bit sore. " His leg still hurt and his wounds stung. But he'd recover.

He then laughed when Arthur kept talking. Telling Arthur. "I don't know, It was fun listening to when you were drunk. You were cute. " He wouldn't mind drinking again with Arthur. The man was silly when he'd been drinking and Silas liked it. Maybe next time he should go a bit easier though! Silas then shook his head and told Arthur. "Well, I'm going to take myself a bath. " He was pretty sure he'd spilled some alcohol on himself at some point. Or well, He could smell it on himself atleast.

Silas then told Arthur. "You probable should go back to your room and get cleaned up too. Then again, Your welcome to join me here. " He teased, Unable to help himself. What? It was fun to mess with Arthur. Without even waiting, He was beginning to move away from Arthur to the room that led to the restroom. Removing his shirt as he walked and tossing it at Arthur playfully. Sadly it was not all fun. Without his shirt, His bruises were more clear. His father seemed to prefer leaving wounds more easily hidden underneath clothing.

Silas did have a point, Caroline would’ve come And scolded them should she have been too upset or angry but he still felt bad. He felt it likely didn’t help that he’d gotten drunk whilst with Silas, he’d gone there to comfort the man and he’d ended up passed out in his bed, hardly the most responsible thing he could’ve done. At least Silas was claiming his pain was manageable, it was worse than no pain at all but at least he didn’t seem like it was hindering him too much. Arthur didn’t like seeing him like this, didn’t want to cause him further pain either, but he did remember Silas’ wishes about someone standing up for him. He’d try better next time.

Arthur’s worry quickly morphed into embarrassment as Silas claimed he was cute. Ugh, he hadn’t been trying to be cute. Silas made him feel like a little kid that had dipped his mother’s wine. And the teasing only continued as Silas mentioned bathing. His cheeks darkened considerably at the suggestion. He had shared a bath before with Ethan and well, he and Ethan had been a lot….well he didn’t want to say closer, but more intimate than he and Silas. He wasn’t really sure he could claim him and Ethan had been more close than him and Silas because Silas certainly knew a lot about him and Arthur was fond of him.

He caught the shirt out of reflex, gripping it as he noticed the marks on Silas’ body, the ones he hadn’t seen yesterday and he tried to calm his anger, to Keep the mood light. “As tempting as that offer is” Arthur murmured. “I’m going to have to pass, perhaps another time” and he was only playing but his cheeks were still burning. Silas shouldn’t be the only one allowed to tease! He went to put Silas’ shirt on his bed. “I really should be getting back to Caroline but….I’ll see you later?” He guessed. “I’m sure Caroline will want to spend some time with you” Arthur did feel a bit selfish having hogged Silas to himself so far. “But I’ve also got to check on the knights and Vere” so maybe it would just be Caroline spending time with Silas. He needed to speak to Gawain and make sure Vere was doing okay and check on Kay and write that letter home. He had a lot to do. “Although your welcome to join me for any of that” Arthur offered although Silas may be more interested in meeting Vere than speaking to Gawain since he didn’t seem to like him. And with that, Arthur was dipping out of Silas’ room and going to return to his and Caroline’s. Maybe she wouldn’t be up yet? Or maybe she would, her morning sickness probably made her wake and well, Arthur could empathise because he was feeling a bit sick too, although it obviously wasn’t the same thing.

Watching Arthur blush was amusing. He would totally have to continue doing such. Winking back at Arthur. He then purred. "Well, Don't be shy if you change your mind. " It was fun teasing Arthur. He liked it. Perhaps due to how innocent Arthur seemed much of the time. He then nodded. He'd need to see Caroline. The news of her pregnancy worried him. Meeting Vere would also be interesting, Though Silas planned to avoid the knights. He then told Arthur gently. "I'll catch up to you later then. " He promised. Watching as Arthur left, Smile still on his face before he looked down. Gently shaking his head before stepping into the bathroom.

Outside Silas's room. It seemed Arthur was destined to see Gawain sooner then later. The man's room was nearby and he was naturally a early riser. Having gotten up and bouncing little Theo in his arms. The man was planning to go and see about getting a servant to babysit the girl. Then set off to training. Not that Gawain liked leaving Theo for long. But he still had things to get done. Gawain was focused on the little girl. Talking softly to her when he heard the nearby door open. Glancing up. Slowing to a stop at the sight of Arthur. Wasn't that Silas's room?

Gawain found himself frowning for a moment. Before nodding in greeting. "My prince. " He couldn't help but narrow his eyes suspiciously at Silas's door. Finally approaching Arthur. He then spoke gently. "I see you've been spending time with Silas? " He could smell the alcohol on him and that didn't make Gawain feel any better. So, He then warned Arthur. "I... I would advise you to be careful. I don't trust that man. " Yeah, Gawain's feelings towards Silas had not improved at all. He needed someone to blame. Silas was a easy option to put his anger on.

What would Silas actually do if Arthur agreed? It’s not like either of them really thought he would but it might interesting if Arthur changed things up and surprised him with his boldness. But no, Arthur was currently far too sober for such things plus how was he going to explain that to someone if they walked in, let alone if Caroline came looking for him finally. Instead of Caroline though, Arthur bumped into Gawain and oh, there was the baby he’d heard mentioned. She looked so natural in Gawain’s arms, Arthur could only hope he was the same when his children arrived.

Gawain didn’t exactly do much to hide his disapproval of Silas and Arthur felt….protective of the other prince. He didn't know why Gawain and Silas seemed to be at odds but he didn’t want to be caught in the middle of it and made to choose sides. Still, it seemed Arthur was going to have to stick up for his friend. “He’s my wife’s brother, and an ally of our kingdom” Arthur pointed out. “Trust is sort of the point” Although to be fair, Arthur had not had the best track record of trusting the right people. And that reminded him that Silas had said about Gawain getting him in trouble some how.

”you’ve been talking to the king I hear?” Well, he presumed. “What about?” He was curious Because whatever it was, was not reflecting well on Silas. He’d do his best to keep Gawain from getting Silas into any further trouble but this was not his kingdom, Gawain may prefer to let Rayner take precedence. And of course, Gawain had wanted to speak to him yestee day. “Would you like to talk now or are you busy?” He asked, a glance towards Theo there. His head hurt and he honestly felt like he was slimy from alcohol induced sweat But talking about Morgan was going to make him feel bad anyway so might as well get it over with then he could go about making his day better.

Little Theo luckily seemed to be alright and was frankly adorable, Or atleast Gawain thought she was. Though she did not directly look at Gawain or Arthur. Thumb in her mouth as she stared at the nearby wall. Gawain was watching Arthur though. Eyebrow raising at the other. "Theres a lot of people we should be able to trust, But can't. " Gawain knew that far too well. His mother had taught him that lesson far too well. Sighing. Gawain waved his hand a bit dismissively. Telling him. "Nothing of concern. Simply the usual politeness. Though I have aired some of my concerns. " Gawain seemed to decide not too go into detail.

The last question had him frowning. Arthur looked like he was ready to go, Probable wanted to get cleaned up. Gawain could talk to him later if needed. But in the end he sighed. Motioning for Arthur to follow him. "Come to my room, So we can speak privately. " Tension built in his chest. This... Was not a conversation he wanted to have. But it felt needed. Gawain though truly would have preferred never to have to think about Morgan again.

Leading the way. He reached his room and pushed open the door. Preferring to not be overheard. Gawain made his way towards Theo's crib as to set her down. The little girl seemed not to mind though. Simply stayed quiet as Gawain went to sit down on his bed. A long sigh coming from him. He then looked up to Arthur. Crossing his arms and he then said. "I... Wanted to make sure your okay. I know what she did to you... Your not the first she's... Hurt. " Reaching up to rub the back of her head. Gawain murmured quietly. "Theres a reason all of her children avoid her. " She was cruel. Would always be that way.

Gawain knew because of his mother that you couldn’t always trust those you should’ve been able to, Silas probably knew that lesson because of his father. And wasn’t it quite interesting that Gawain, who’d suffered at the hands of his parents, helped Silas suffer at the hands of his father, even if he wasn’t aware that he was doing that. He was a little annoyed that Gawain didn’t tell him what he said but he supposed Gawain probably didn’t know what had come of it, why Arthur cared.

Arthur followed after him and whilst Gawain sat on the bed, Arthur peered over the cot to smile gently at Theo. She was sweet. He turned though as Gawain spoke. He frowned gently at him, wondering at Gawain’s words. She’d hurt her children, Loth had said that, Gaheris had alluded to it, but it did make his question the exact abuse they’d endured. “Yeah, I realised that a bit too late” Arthur murmured, moving away from the crib and looking around the room. “I’m fine” he insisted, sure it felt weird to think about it and he did his best not to dwell on what she’d done to him but she wasn't here, she wouldn’t trick him again, he could deal with it, he’d be okay.

”should I have listened to you and my father? Yes. But I can’t change the past and I’m not going to fall for her tricks anymore” probably. “I should’ve known better in the first place” he insisted. And he was still blaming himself for not knowing. He’d broken down yesterday but that had mainly been about Loth but well, he tried his best not to think about what Morgan had done to him, the privacy she’d invaded and trust she’d taken. It was a can of worms he’d rather keep shut. “You don’t need to worry about me” he promised Gawain. ”focus on the little one” he gestured towards Theo. So it seemed Arthur was brushing off the subject a bit, he didn’t want to trouble Gawain or anyone, he could deal with it.

Gawain tilted his head to the side as he stared at Arthur. Murmuring gently. "No... No your not. " That wasn't something you'd be fine after. Gawain knew very well. But he had the feeling Arthur wasn't going to open up on the subject. He wouldn't force him to talk. Standing up. Gawain walked over and placed a hand on Arthur's shoulder. His tone soft. "Well, I am worried... But.. I understand, If you need someone to talk to. I'm here. " He promised. He'd do his best to help even if there was little he could do. Finally he was then looking towards little Theo.

Reaching down, He scooped up the little girl. Though Theo remained quiet. He glanced towards Arthur and seemed to decide that maybe a change of subject was needed. Thus he mused. "You must be excited, What with Caroline being pregnant. " He wasn't completely sure how his cousin felt about kids. But Gawain adored them, He was very much a mother hen. Grinning. He then told him. "If you need any advice. Just ask. Perhaps you can have some practice by babysitting little Theo? " Gawain suggested. It might be good for Arthur to help out with the little girl! He was gonna have to soon take care of two kids after all.

Gawain then looked down at the little girl. Telling Arthur. "She's not a fussy little girl. Unlike her mother who was always getting into trouble. " He joked, Though his expression became a little sad at the thought. But he tried not to linger on the thought. He had a peace of Gwyn here to take care of. Though Theo did worry him at times. Sometimes she just felt too quiet. Otherwise she was healthy though and that was what mattered. Gawain then gently gestured towards Arthur for the little girl. Saying. "Hey Theo, See, Thats prince Arthur. " Not that Theo understood. The baby still had yet to say her first words.

Arthur caught the disagreement by Gawain but didn’t challenge it, but for the moment, he was doing okay. His main worry about Morgan had been how everyone here would treat him about it. Althiugh niw that was mostly out of the way, maybe he’d dwell more on the actual abuse? He looked up at Gawain, a little surprised at the offer. He knew of Gawain more than he knew Gawain. Sure they were cousins but Gawain was older than him and often away on quests, they’d never got too much time to bond although when Arthur was around him, he did tend to like his cousin.

Arthur nodded slightly at the mention of excited although maybe he was clinging a bit to the excitement to try and mask his nervousness at the idea of two babies. He smiled gently. “ that’d be nice” he agreed. “Caroline could do with getting used to children too” he admitted. She was scared, which was fair enough, but she also didn’t seem as comfortable around children as Arthur did. Like when they’d babysat his cousins, she’d seemed rather lost and not entirely thrilled, maybe spending time around Theo would prepare her for her own child.

Arthur smiled at the little girl as Gawain introduced her to him. “She’s very cute” Arthur admitted and cooed at the baby a little. “I imagine she takes up most of your time” Then again it’s not like Gawain had any quests for the moment, what else did he have to do? But surely he also had help? From servants, or, where was her nurse? “Perhaps we should spar another time” he suggested. “I might have a chance if you’ve been slacking on training” he murmured although Arthur himself hadn’t managed to do too much training what with their travelling. He had slain Loth though so there was that. And he might be a good match for Gawain, he was certainly skilled although he wasn’t sure where his abilities where in comparison to his cousin. Gawain was a famed knight, favoured by Alexander and more experienced than him, but Arthur was nothing to dismiss, it might be an interesting match. Arthur just hoped he wouldn’t embarrass himself and get knocked on his ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back