• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Caroline watched Arthur worriedly, Uncertain if she should let him go alone. But in the end she kept quiet and simply watched him leave. A long sigh coming from her. She doubted she'd get much sleep until his return. It was hard not to be worried. But still she walked towards the bed and climbed in. There was little else she could do.

Arthur was forced to wait for some time. Though it was hard to say if it was simply that long before Rayner let him leave, Or if Silas had fled to somewhere more private to lick his wounds. He certainly had plenty of hiding places. But eventually he appeared. Down the hallway, He was limping. Bruises already visible along his neck and some on his arms. His gaze was low on the ground. Eyes teary and thus he didn't notice Arthur at first. Lost in thought.

Eventually he looked up though, Catching sight of Arthur. It made him tense. Hurt still lingered in his eyes as well as frustration. But he was quick to wipe his eyes. Attempting to walk normally. Act fine. But it was hard to disguise his injuries. They were obvious. He was silent for a moment. Perhaps thinking about what to say. But in the end he was looking away from Arthur. Muttering. "I'm going to bed. " He was tired, Just wanting to curl up in bed with his cat and pretend none of this was happening.

He could tell he was close to breaking down. Something he couldn't help but feel embarrassed over. He didn't want to start crying in front of Arthur though he was a bit too late for that. Tears had already started. So, He looked down. Attempting to move towards his door. Hopeful Arthur would simply step aside for him.

Arthur was starting to think that Silas wouldn’t return to his room, that he’d gone off with someone (although he claimed he wouldn’t because of Lance) or that he’d collapsed somewhere along the way. Sitting for so long doing nothing you might’ve thought that Arthur would fall asleep but that wasn’t the case, he was kept awake by all the Horrible images his mind could imagine, dreading the state he’d find Silas in, hand anxiously gripping his knee. It was almost a relief to see the damage done to Silas in the end.

Arthur stood up as Silas came into view and watched his friend worriedly. He was clearly bruised but wasn’t bleeding as far as Arthur could tell and that was….sort of impressive given the extent of his injuries although Arthur was not sure what the rest of Silas’ body looked like. Maybe it was selfish of Arthur to have come here, Silas probably wanted him to be alone and Arthur was forcing him to do things he didn’t want to. Was he here to help his conscious, or to help Silas? Regardless, Arthur made sure to stay in Silas’ path and he reached out a hand, as if to touch his arm before thinking better of it.

”You helped me, let me help you“ Arthur insisted. Silas had comforted him, shared with him as Arthur had been panicking and crying, had taken him out to soothe him which had lead to all this as well, the least Arthur could do was be there for him. Arthur glanced down briefly, he didn’t want to make this about him, he didn’t but he had to say it: “I’m sorry” he told him, raising his gaze to look at Silas earnestly. “I didn’t want to leave you, believe me but….I was only going to make things worse” He’d only been escalating things. If he’d ripped the guard of Silas then what? More guards? And as for Rayner, well maybe Arthur would’ve ended up punching him and that would've been frankly terrible.

Last edited:
Arthur was blocking Silas's way into his room. Forcing him to listen. Though Silas was still avoiding looking up at him. His arms crossing over his chest. Arthur was talking and Silas did his best not to tense up. Instead he murmured quietly. "I don't care if it would have been worse. I would rather be hurt worse then be alone. " He knew very well it would be bad. It always was. But Arthur had been standing up for him.. Had been there, Then he wasn't. Maybe it had been for the best. His father would have been worse to him. But atleast he wouldn't be alone.

Silas then looked up, Perhaps he was unfair to Arthur. It wasn't his fault. So instead he shook his head. Muttering. "It... It doesn't matter, Its over now. " For now, But tomorrow would bring new troubles. It always did. Silas had no intentions of following any of his fathers rules. The man would never be kind to him, So why should he listen? Still Silas then sighed. Telling Arthur. "I'm going to get drunk. C'mon. " That wasn't a way to deal with his problems. But atleast he seemed willing to allow Arthur to stay.

He had alcohol in his room. So he finally brushed Arthur out of the way as to open the door. Sneaking out with his limp would be difficult. Besides, He didn't want to walk all the way to the nearest bar. Silas's room, Much like the rest of the castle was just as beautiful. A bit larger then the one Arthur and Caroline shared. There also sleeping on the bed was a beautiful cheetah. Only awoken by the sound of its master returning. The animal lazily lifted her head. Before rising to her feet and casually stretching.
Silas did care for animals, And it seemed he perked up at the sight of her. A small smile appearing on her face as she approached. A deep rumble coming from her that resembled the purr of a cat as Silas scratched her head. Before he continued on his way towards a dresser in his room. No doubt searching for a drink. The cheetah remaining behind. Yawning before looking towards Arthur curiously. But it seemed to decide sleeping was far more interesting. As it stood up and once more hopped up onto the nearby bed.

“I didn’t know that“ Arthur murmured quietly although he wondered if Silas truly meant it. Arthur hadn’t been willing to risk it anyway, he didn’t want Silas’ hurt on his hands any more than it had to be. Arthur would take note for next time though, for he was sure that even on his best behaviour there would be a next time, that fighting for Silas would be an option the other prince was open to. He was sure that was going to amuse Rayner, as well as irritate him.

Arthur wanted to ask exactly what had been done to Silas, if he’d just been beaten senseless of was there a method to this madness? He supposed he’d see next time though. Arthur’s brow furrowed slightly, almost going to protest as Silas instead on drinking, it wasn’t a healthy coping mechanism but Silas had already changed his ways by not sleeping around and he was clearly hurting so Arthur kept his mouth shut. Besides, Arthur himself had been known to partake in drinking to try and relax. It didn’t always seem to work out the best for him though.

He followed Silas into the room and it was certainly beautiful but the architecture was hardly what held his attention, no, he stilled at the presence of the large cat. The cheetah seemed tame enough but Arthur was aware that they could be dangerous, much like the tigers they had at home who were pussycats for Alexander but would snap at anyone else. At least at home they had the good sense to cage their beasts. Arthur trailed further into the room, keeping a wary eye on the sleepy cat and doing his best to keep his distance. She was certainly magnificent but he’d rather admire her from a distance. Silas probably didn’t want to talk about his mistreatment, however much it was on Arthur’s mind. Or maybe he did? It might help him process it? Except Arthur figured he was several years too late for that.

So, how to distract from the massive elephant in the room? Well, Arthur figured Silas should probably informed, he’d only arrived after the initial announcement. Maybe Caroline would like to tell him but Arthur blurted out: “Caroline’s pregnant” unless of course Rayner had already told his son although he didn’t see that coming up in conversation as he bruised him. And he didn’t want Silas to worry too much but he felt he should know. Best not to tell him about Lance’s possible involvement though. “I mean we think, we’re pretty sure” he said. “I don‘t think she’s had a doctor look at her” he was fairly certain she hadn’t done that in his absence. ”but ….yeah” he finished a bit lamely.

Silas had just found a bottle of alcohol and had been looking for a glass when Arthur decided to speak up. Blinking. Silas turned around to look at Arthur. Eyes wide and uncertain. He then decided to completely forget the glass and opened the bottle. Chugging some of it. Yep, He was getting so drunk tonight. "D*mmit Arthur. Really know when to drop the news, Don't you? " He muttered once he finished. Though he didn't seem to really know how to react. Was he angry? Upset? He had expected this to happen eventually. But considering Arthur's interests? Well, He didn't think it would be anytime soon. Grumbling. He passed the glass to Arthur before limping to his bed. Flopping down on it. Causing a small annoyed sound to come from the large cat as it was forced to adjust positions to get comfortable once again.

Really, Silas probable should have been more wary about the cheetah. But Silas didn't exactly have many friends and well... He needed something. Still, A dog probable would have been a better choice. Silas stayed still for a moment. Going a bit quiet for a time. Finally saying. "Its one thing after another, Ain't it? " The chaos never stopped. Silas was very much thinking of the fate of his own mother as he thought of Caroline. Fears of another loss haunted him.

Would he lose his sister like he lost his mother? He didn't even know how he would handle that. It frightened him. He then let out a long sigh. Sitting up as to look at Arthur. "So your going to have two brats to look after then... Do you think your ready? " A attempt to think happier. But Silas could only feel bitter about the whole matter. Was Arthur feeling the same? Perhaps he was dreading it? Or maybe he was excited. He seemed the type to want children. Though Silas could not say he carried the same desire.

Seemed he’d surprised Silas. Arthur smiled sheepishly at Silas’ reaction but yeah he did have a point, Arthur needed to improve his news giving skills. ”I figured you should know” he murmured as he took the bottle , eyeing it a bit unsure before deciding to follow suit and chugging some. Ugh…that burned. He did not enjoy that. Arthur wandered a bit closer, still not trying to get too close to the cat. “I’m sorry” he apologised again, he shouldn’t be adding to Silas’ plate but he’d find out eventually and it was better he heard from one of them right? He might be upset they hadn’t told him otherwise.

Arthur sighed and went to sit tentatively at the edge of the bed. “Is anyone every really ready for children?” He replied. “Let alone two! And oh…I’m going to have two screaming babies at the same time” he realised and took another big swig to try and tamp down that worry, going to pass it back to Silas before he got tempted again. Honestly, his head was swimming a bit already. “I’m going to do my best” he promised. “Children are sweet but…I’m going to be lost with one, let alone two” He knew some stuff, figured some would come naturally, but he wasn’t exactly trained in it and it was more than that, he knew his parents were going to be nuisances, doting on one and ignoring the other probably. He didn’t want to deal with the drama and politics which came along with it. “And I’m going to be there for Caroline” he reassured Silas. “But I think she’s less ready than me” it still felt so odd, he wasn’t a dad...how could he be? He’d only just stopped being a child!

”Ive always liked the idea of kids but it’s just all come so fast” he breathed, gripping his knee again in slight anxiety. He looked at Silas curiously. “I know you don’t want kids but…will you?” He didn’t fully get it, this was about more than their desires but instead about their kingdoms except….Rayner didn’t exactly seem like a good example for a king and Silas maybe felt his kingdom hadn’t done right by him. “I guess you’re more the fun uncle type” he mused, well, the annoying one who got them hyped up on sugar then returned them home, yeah that seemed like the sort of thing Silas would do. Did Silas even like kids in general? “We’ll have to visit with them” although he wasn’t sure that’d be possible, Rayner might not want them back and Alexander might not want the heirs to wander too far, much like when Arthur had been growing up. Besides, they’d both probably be quite busy.

Arthur seemed nervous for the future ahead. Yet, Silas was a bit surprised by how he spoke about it. He had expected Arthur to seem... More distant in reference to the child with Morgan. But he seemed to see it very much the same as the one with Caroline. Which Silas supposed was a good thing. Silas figured Alexander would not carry the same opinion towards his grandchildren. Still he kept his mouth shut on that. Taking the bottle. Silas studied it briefly before taking another drink. Frowning when Arthur brought up Caroline. Shifting a bit from where he sat. Oh, He was worried. What if he lost Caroline? That terrified him.

Then the question was directed at him and Silas laughed slightly. "Oh, I have no plans of having any. " He didn't even want to be king. He had no plans on having any heirs anytime soon. Silas though did say in amusement. "I will admit, I do like kids... Sometimes. " Kids could be cute. But they were also annoying and Silas didn't feel like dealing with that. No, Being a uncle fit him better. It ment he could always send the brats back home to their parents. Silas though frowned. Arthur wanted to visit with them. But he wasn't sure how accepting the kingdom would be towards Morgan's child.

Silas then felt the bed shift a bit. His cheetah was moving to her feet. Perhaps awoken by the noise. She slowly walked across the bed until she could push her head between Arthur and Silas. Which well... Was probable terrifying for Arthur. The cheetah might have been tamed. But it was still a cheetah and one could never fully trust what the animal would do. For now, The animal was sniffing Arthur. Tongue suddenly swiping across his face. Which probable wasn't comfortable. Her tongue was rough, But it might not be a good idea to push her away.
Silas watched her in amusement. Swallowing before he told Arthur. "...She's old. " He confessed to Arthur. Reaching up and gently petting her. He then continued. "Almost 16 years now. Mother got her as a gift when she was a cub... " Very old it seemed. Perhaps that was why the animal was so content to sleep most of the time. But Silas seemed to be getting a bit teary eyed. "She died in... I... Thats not going to happen to Caroline? Right? she's tough and... " His mother had been tough too and that hadn't saved her.

Silas might not plan on kids but Arthur would like to point out that he’d hardly planned on having a child with his aunt, Silas might still end up with some. He smiled gently as Silas admitted that he didn’t mind kids, he remembered how he’d amused Galahad when the kid had first arrived. Galahad had seemed like a rather happy-go-lucky sort of child, Arthur doubted he’d have that sort of luck. He’d have two children and he bet they were going to be loud, then again they would obviously only be babies.

Arthur froze as the cheetah moved closer and scrunched up his face as he was licked. Ow. Did that mean the Cheetah liked him? Well, he hadn’t been eaten yet. He looked at Silas as he was letting his vulnerabilities show and he understood his worry, Arthur was worried for Caroline too, and his own mother back at home who was due to give birth soon. He wanted to reassure Silas but he also didn’t want to lie to him. “She’s going to have the best care possible” he promised. “And medicine has improved a lot since then” he insisted, and maybe his kingdom was more adept at this type of medicine, or maybe the temperature would help? But Arthur didn’t know, was just speculating, besides they didn’t even know that Caroline would carry a baby to term yet, but he decided not to mention that. ”I’ll send you a letter as soon as the baby is born” he promised, to try and either ease his woes or…..let him know.

Arthur realised things had taken a rather depressing turn when perhaps he should be cheering Silas up. Well….how was he meant to do that? Well, maybe he should just chatter. “We met this guy on our trip” he murmured. “Vere, I don’t know if you know him? Caroline recognised he was from some high up family. We brought him here with us, he ran away from home” he explained, and maybe Silas could commiserate. “I was hoping to talk to his parents, they kept him locked up most of his life” Again maybe something Silas could relate to and Arthur realised he might have trouble talking to them if he couldn’t leave the castle. “He wants to adventure, which is fair enough, but he has absolutely no training. If we hadn’t found him, I dread to think what might have happened to him” He could’ve starved to death or being eaten by wolves. “He’s sweet though, even if he’s annoyed we brought him back here” That had been under the instruction of Lance and Arthur could help but agree.

Knowing how Arthur's life had been going, The cheetah was likely tasting him or something. Though Silas did not seem concerned. His gaze was low and Arthur was comforting him. But Silas couldn't help but be afraid. He couldn't lose his sister... He just couldn't. Luckily Arthur had something else to talk about and Silas took another drink. Passing the bottle to Arthur while he listened. His eyebrow raising at the mention of a guy. Ooh, This could get spicy. He was already leaning closer. But it seems things took a turn he wasn't expecting. Though he should have known better. Arthur was unlikely to gossip about his relationships. Seemed his reasoning was mostly concern.

So Silas leaned back. Thinking and muttering. "Vere... Vere... Yeah, I think I've heard that name before. " Silas had learned the names of many nobility growing up. Sure he hadn't ever met Vere. Didn't really know him, But he knew the name and soon finally told Arthur. "Yeah, I definitely know the name. I think I've met one of his older brothers before. But I'll need to look into it. " He couldn't recall much else. He had met many nobles in his life that such tended to blur together a bit. But he was confident he could find out atleast a bit.

Silas seemed amused though when Arthur spoke of Vere. Telling the other. "I can't blame him. " Silas was sort of known for running from his problems. He ha sort of run away from home when he went to visit Caroline. So he could hardly judge Vere. Though Silas atleast knew the land around him and how to survive. Vere had none of that. How he had survived as long as he had was honestly a bit amazing. Silas then mused. "You speak as though your fond of him. Enjoying his company a little too much? " Silas probed. His tone rather suggestive and curiosity clear on his face.

Silas was far more informed than Arthur about noble families and given that it was Silas’ kingdom, he had a bette chance of knowing him anyway. He nodded as Silas seemed to know at least someone from their family, maybe he’d be able to point Arthur towards them, maybe even have a boys trip out to try and convince his parents to lay off? Okay, maybe Silas wouldn’t be up for that, he didn’t really know Vere and he’d probably rather go out and enjoy himself than argue with some nobles.

Arthur’s cheeks flared as Silas’ question got a bit more salacious. “Maybe” he murmured and took a large swig, yeah it was certainly going to his head. Maybe it was bit odd that Silas was intrigued in Arthur possibly cheating on his sister but Silas was aware that their marriage was not out of love. Arthur was not used to talking about his relationships or being very open about it but….it felt like it might be nice to talk to Silas. Arthur settled a bit better on Silas’ bed. “I don’t know” he admitted, I’m not really sure where we stand“ he admitted. “I kissed him” and that was hard to get out but not nearly as hard as he thought it would have been. “Sort of freaked him out which I understand, but then he kissed me and….I don’t know, he didn’t seem that into it” He took another drink. Arthur himself was confused with his emotions, he still missed Ethan, still had a warmth for Kay, even a lingering for Lance, but he did like Vere.

Arthur knocked back a bit more before passing it off again and maybe he should be going a little easier because he already felt out of his senses, like his fingertips were numb. He laughed gently. “You know I’m so stupid” he told Silas. “I thought I was being subtle, that maybe you didn’t really know” he admitted. “you literally walked into my room whilst Ethan shared my bed and I still thought, oh maybe he just suspects” Although to be fair a lot had been going on with Galahad’s arrival but still, Silas had not missed Ethan. But, Silas had said earlier that he’d known since the first day he’d met Arthur so it was clearly more than that which gave it away.

Silas head tilted as he listened to Arthur, Ooh, He'd kissed Vere? How scandalous. But it seemed he was uncertain of Vere's own feelings. Sure, Vere might have kissed him. But he might have felt some pressure too. Arthur was a prince after all. Silas would just have to wait until he met Vere himself to gauge that. He then snickered as Arthur kept talking. Not even trying to hide his amusement. "You can fight, But I can read people. I will admit, I did not know your stance on women at first. But men? That wasn't hard to figure out. " It had not taken him long to figure things out.

Silas then told Arthur. "You are a very... Honest person. You wear your emotions on your sleeve. " Atleast to Silas that felt like the case. Sure. He might be completely wrong. But Silas figured he had the right idea. Taking one last drink, He set the bottle down on the bedside table. He was also feeling the effects of the alcohol. Though perhaps not as strongly as Arthur. More tolerant it seemed. But Arthur had never been great at holding his alcohol it seemed.

Silas then shook his head. "I... I like that about you. You're just trying to be good. That feels uncommon sometimes." Silas then gestured towards Arthur. Telling him. "Even your dad had ulterior motives. I'm not dumb, He slept with me because it would benefit him. Not that I minded. " Silas had expected it. Though perhaps he shouldn't bring up that. Arthur probable didn't want to hear about Silas and his dad. The man then mused. "I also wanted to sleep with your mom. But I think I ruined my chances with that. " She hadn't seemed to like him very much. Shame.

So it seemed it seemed it wasn’t just Arthur being bad at hiding things but also Silas just being perceptive. Was Caroline the same? If she’d noticed she’d never said anything but he supposed it was quite an awkward subject to bring up to your husband, especially if you weren’t completely sure. Silas was right though, Arthur didn’t try to hide himself, not….more than he had to. He cared about people and that was evident in the way he acted and the way he talked, he didn’t usually hide when he was frustrated with someone and it was clear when he was happy. Arthur liked to convey himself to the world and he liked to be open where he could. Silas on the other hand seemed a bit more reserved, guarded, certainly seemed to have a more complex line of thinking and Arthur could understand why now. He liked it when Silas opened up though, it was nice.

Arthur was smiling, feeling good, the alcohol helping to smooth over any worries for the moment but he soon pouted And went to poke Silas as he talked about Alexander and Malia. ” Traitor” he muttered but he didn’t seem too upset, his drunkenness easing him a bit. “I don’t think you have to worry about me sleeping with your father” he replied, calling back to their earlier chat. Not that Arthur had been serious anyway, he was not that bold or adventurous with his sexuality. He’d only slept with 4 people, three of which had not truly been due to attraction. Only Ethan had been a bedmate out of something other than drugging or duty. And Arthur was curious what Silas thought of that, if he’d known about Ethan like he’d known about him. Ethan had said he’d worked for him and he knew they didn’t really get along, Silas probably just didn’t care.

”ugh I think I’ve ruined my love life chances too” Arthur complained although Silas seemed a little less concerned with love. ”Ethan hated me once Morgan’s pregnancy was announced. He was apologetic when he found out about the drugging but…I haven’t really talked to him since, I don’t think it’s the same” he muttered, throwing an arm over his face at his woes. “And…Kay” he sighed. “I like him, but I slept with him whilst I was drugged” he admitted, ”besides, I think he was only nice in return because he’s my slave, he had his eye in someone else“ which was a whole different can of worms. It was a relief to talk to Silas really, to get things off his chest that he wouldn’t say to any one else although he knew Silas viewed slaves differently but he also knew how Arthur felt on the matter. Maybe Silas would be able to offer him some advice? Maybe not, it was nice just to have an ear to talk to and yeah, his head was spinning slightly, Silas seemed far more clear headed than him which Arthur thought was a little unfair of him.

Silas couldn't say he was surprised by Arthur's lack of interest in his father. Sure, Any one would say Rayner was handsome. But after seeing how he behaved? Yeah, That probable was aa turn off. Shaking his head. He then teased. "I wasn't particularly worried about that. But thank you. " Before laying back on the bed. Listening to Arthur talk. Concerns over love and romance. It was something Silas could understand. Though perhaps he did not have good views on slaves. He seemed willing to bite his tongue on the matter. Best not to start a argument. Silas then told Arthur. "No, I... From what I've seen. I don't think your sl-Kay, Sees you in that light. " Arthur being his master just put too much distance between them. Kay would never be able to let his guard down with him, Be able to feel safe. Silas did not see a future there.

Silas then rolled over onto his side as to look at Arthur. Seeming thoughtful. He then confessed. "I... I wish Lance was here. I didn't feel lonely when he was. " Silas explained. Lance had protected him. Been a friend. Something Silas had needed. Silas then sheepishly told Arthur. "I don't think I'm in love with him though. I... I loved Ronan. But me and him were together a long time. " Silas cared about Lance. Was attracted to him, But in love? That was a bit too much. Sure he slept around a good bit. But there was no connection in those relationships. It was just a bit of fun but in the end never really made him feel better.

Silas then told Arthur. "I don't want to court anyone either. Sure, Theres some beautiful ladies. But thats not love either? Its a power climb." Sure they might eventually fall for eachother. But could he ever be certain? Then again could he ever be certain of any of his relationships? He was a prince. That came with benefits. Silas didn't blame them. He would probable be doing the same in their position. Besides, Would it be fair to whoever he was with? He planned to avoid taking the throne as much as possible. To not have children if he could. That wasn't exactly fair to whoever he courted.

Arthur was hazedly pleased that Silas was grateful Arthur wasn’t going to make a move on Rayner. Maybe Arthur was a little awkward unsure but he might be sexy if he really tried! Arthur, too, understood that Kay probably didn’t feel that way about him and wouldn’t either, that he’d only been flirty because he thought that’s what Arthur wanted. It was hard for Arthur to disentangle feelings from sleeping with someone though, he wasn’t exactly used to one night stands or anything. Arthur was seemingly destined to long for people but never to truly get, maybe that’s why his emotions lingered for so long.

Silas was wishing for Lance and Arthur was a bit too drunk to keep his thought entirely to himself on the subject. “Do you even want to be in love?” Arthur asked. Did Silas want a relationship, to have those strong feelings and intimacy? Or would he rather just live life a bit more carelessly. “I think you should move on from Lance” he told him. “He definitely will be” especially since he’d not actual liked Silas in that way and was instead involved with Caroline. “Besides, you have me now, you don’t need to be lonely“ Arthur insisted with a bit of a lopsided grin.

”we can hang out and do whatever it is you do for fun” he seemed a bit cheery at the idea, although Silas’ idea of fun was probably a bit more questionable than Arthur’s. But it’d be good for them to spend time together because Arthur didn’t want to be lonely either. “I can teach you to fight” Arthur mused which may be helpful to Silas actually. “you are a bit scrawny“ he pointed out, poking Silas again playfully. He sort it thought of suited the other prince though, matched his delicate features.

Silas glanced away a bit at the question. Uncertain of the answer. Did he? Sure, He felt lonely often. But that didn't mean he wanted someone in his life. And ow, That hurt. Perhaps he was right though. There was plenty of rumors regarding Lance fooling around. He had a kid out of wedlock! Perhaps he would not be so eager to wait. But Arthur kept talking and the way he smiled was frankly just cute. Silas liked it. Silas then teased. "I think what I find fun would make you blush. " He played. Though getting Arthur to blush was always fun.

Teach him to fight! Silas knew how to fight, Just... Not very well. And who was he calling scrawny! Silas quickly shot back. "Baby, I'm perfect. " Okay, maybe he was a bit scrawny. Especially compared to the well built knights of Arthur's kingdom. Silas just seemed far more delicate. Though he certainly was a handsome man. Silas then told Arthur. "And I do know how to use a sword! " He tried, Though he was sure Arthur would easily best him. Arthur knew very well what he was doing with a blade.

Silas then found himself looking over Arthur. Studied him, Before giving in. "But... It would be fun. Yeah... Maybe. " His cheeks turning a certain shade of red. Though perhaps that was just from the drink. It was rare to see Silas's face flushed. He was a confident man after all. He then told Arthur. "Your funny when your drunk. " The way he smiled, The excitement. Silas liked it. It was better then when he was upset. Silas didn't like seeing Arthur sad. That he knew very well.

Silas’ teasing certainly had a ring of truth to it but maybe it would do Arthur good to get out if his comfort zone and shake up his sensibilities. He could be a bit prim, proper and prudish at times, hanging around with Silas might get him to loosen up. Arthur laughed as Silas insisted he was perfect but it wasn’t mean, face flushed from alcohol and the teasing. He hummed his disagreement as Silas said he knew how to use a sword, Silas might be able to pick one up and do some basic moves but it wasn’t the same as knowing. Silas didn't know how to it felt to have the sword be an extension of yourself, how to think on your toes in the middle of a fight, how to have absolute confidence in the way you fought. Silas didn’t seem to be a fan of fights or blood though.

Then Silas was talking about his drunken state and Arthur pouted briefly, sticking his tongue out at him. “I’m funny all the time” he said and okay, maybe not, he wasn’t that much of a joker, but he did like to have fun. Arthur wasn’t always exactly funny when drunk but he was often more…reckless, made him loosen up a bit and relax some of the tightness that seemed to follow him about in every day life. He wasn’t exactly a stressed out guy but he wasn’t certainly one who tried to follow the rules and be a good example and that could no doubt be exhausting at times, always trying to live up to expectations and not out a foot wrong.

”you’re….” He narrowed his eyes slightly as if trying to suss Silas out. “Not as drunk as me” he finished. “Meanie. Next time you can drink twice for every time I drink” he decided, words slurring a bit and pointing to emphasise what he was saying, laying his head down and pressing his eyes close for a bit. It seemed Arthur would be up for drinking with Silas another time then which might be a good bonding activity, unfortunately Caroline wouldn’t be able to join them which was a shame because she seemed to like burying her feelings in a bottle. ”we can do shots” he mumbled, ”I’ve never done shots” see, he was up for being adventurous! And Silas was no doubt more experienced than him in the world of drinking. It seemed Arthur was a bit tired though by the way he was pressing into Silas’ bed, it was late, but Caroline might be worried about him, maybe he should go back to her, she might not like her husband to come back drunk though.

Really, If Arthur was going to behave like this, Him and Silas might need to go drinking more often. He then laughed at Arthur. Saying. "Its not my fault your a lightweight. " He played. Maybe by the time Arthur returned home he'd be able to handle his alcohol better! Shots! Silas wasn't sure if Arthur was ready for that. But who was he too deny him? So Silas then mused. "Alright big guy. Its a date. " He settled. Though maybe they should do that in the castle? Silas didn't want to go drinking at a bar only to drag Arthur back home. He wasn't sure he'd even be capable of that. As Arthur had pointed out, Silas was a bit on the scrawny side.

Perhaps Silas should have helped Arthur back to his room. But he wasn't really thinking about it. Idly reaching up to pet his cat which had already fallen asleep. Atleast Silas's bed was plenty big enough for them all. Silas himself was worn out. After everything with his father, Then the drinking. Thus when the moment took a bit of a lull. He soon found himself drifting off to sleep.
Oh, Caroline was definitely going to be worried about Arthur. But hey, Atleast him and Silas were alright!

Arthur went to poke Silas once more as he was called a lightweight but failed to make contact. “Big guy” Arthur mumbled into the bed, repeating Silas’ words. Clearly Arthur was out of it so he might not even remember their plans but yeah, his liver might take a bit of a beating on this trip. Arthur was quick to fall asleep, surprisingly comfortable as he lay on Silas’ bed, but his head might be pounding in the morning, he wasn't used to alcohol so the hangover was going to hit him hard.

Back at home, Lance had gathered up Galahad and his things and had ridden out to Caleb’s house. Antonio Wasn’t overly pleased and figured there was somewhere less risky to say but Lance hadn't listened. Caleb would help keep Agravain in line, and Lance at least knew how to handle Agravain and Gareth. At least this way he could also see Gareth and keep an eye on Ruth as well as, of course, seeing his friend, Caleb. Lance slid off his horse, hoisting Galahad onto his hip, and okay, he was still upset that his son didn’t recognise him but he wasn’t going to be around all the time now for him and Galahad to have a proper relationship. He went to go and find Caleb although Melodias would be alright, not that Lance knew he was there or had ever met him. Maybe even Ruth would find Lance.
(unless you wanted to skip to the next day or whenever)

Last edited:
Little Galahad hadn't been too happy to go off with Lance. Sure, He had at first been excited by the sight of the horse. But that had soon turned into tears when he realized he was no longer with his grandfather, The queen, Or his mother. Eventually he had quieted down, Settling on sucking his thumb. Eyes still teary. The castle was not too far though and he'd surely return to see everyone soon enough. Even if he didn't realize that now. Lance was lucky that Caleb had been half expecting his arrival. Kept a listen for his arrival. She had offered him a place to stay after all.

So, When he knocked she was soon to arrive at the door. Leaning against it and grinning. "You must have missed me. " She teased. Galahad was looking at her. He might not have recognized Lance, But he had seen Caleb around the castle before. She had checked on him plenty. Though she did not interact with him that much. Still, Seemed he preferred someone he kind of knew then Lance at the moment. For he was reaching towards her. Hoping to be held.

Caleb though simply smiled at the boy. Shooing Lance inside. Telling Lance. "I think the girl you brought- Ruth, Was pretty tired from all the traveling. She passed out asleep about a hour ago in her room. " But the girl had seemed to be doing good. Kept close to Caleb much of the day and Caleb had made sure the door to Ruth's room was locked. If Gaheris tried to bother her they'd surely hear. Speaking of Gaheris. He might not be too happy to find out Lance would be staying here. He probable had thought he had finally got away from him! As for Agravain, Caleb had mention she had invited Lance. So atleast he wouldn't be caught by surprise!

There wasn’t much he could do for Galahad’s tears except rub his back in what he hoped was a soothing way. He did his best not to be hurt when Galahad reached for Caleb but yeah, it did sting. She didn’t reach to grab him though which was sort of a relief because it had been so long since he’d held Galahad, he wasn’t sure he wanted to let go anytime soon. He smiled softly as she teased him and stepped inside. “Thanks for taking us in” Lance murmured, it would be nice to be away from Merlin and Gavin and instead to spend time with his friends and focus on Galahad more.

He nodded in understanding, not at all surprised to hear about Ruth. The journey had been exhausting, not just from the travelling but from the constant guarding against Gaheris, from the anxiety that Caleb would not look after her and the reluctance For Lance to leave Her. He glanced at her stomach briefly, eyes flickering back up. “ I hear the Queen is going to pop soon” he murmured, not that he’d actually seen her; maybe he should’ve let her know he’d be taking Galahad elsewhere althiugh Alexander would probably be pleased as it meant Malia could focus Better on her new child. “When are you due?” He asked curiously.

”it’s going to be baby town around here before long” Lance commented, what with her, the Queen, Theo and Morgan, not to mention Caroline who they didn’t yet know about. “You know, I always knew I’d be a trendsetter” Lance murmured with a grin and a little bounce of Galahad. “I know I encouraged you to see where things went but that escalated pretty quickly” he told her. “If you’d told yourself a year Ago that you’d be married to Agravain and pregnant, you wouldn’t have believed yourself” Lance mused, he honestly found it hard to believe now. Agravain was ….not the easiest to get along with. And speaking of, he was not pleased that Caleb had extended an invitation to Lance but he’d hoped he wouldn’t have to deal with that issue as surely Lance wouldn’t take her up on that offer, right? Wrong. Lance perhaps needed to find himself his own home and a wife, but that was unlikely to happen any time soon.

Caleb was happy to have Lance stay. She had missed him dearly. Sure Agravain might not like it. But Lance was perhaps Caleb's best friend. Her gaze though drifted down at Lance's question. Briefly a look of shame and embarrassment seemed to cross her expression. This all felt so wrong. Being pregnant. She hated how she looked now. It was hide to hard. But she forced herself to smile. Looking at Lance. "About two more months or so. I can't wait. I just... I'm itching to go back to fighting. " Sure, Meeting the baby would be nice and she was excited about that. But Caleb felt like she was going stir crazy.

A laugh came from Caleb. Teasing. "Indeed, You did set the trend for unexpected children? Didn't you? Truly, I'm surprised you only have one kid running around! " Lance was a ladies man afterall. Everyone knew that. But the sight of him standing there with Galahad in his arms... It kind of fit him in a way. He already loved his son dearly, That was clear. She then blushed slightly, Shaking her as she began leading Lance along. Further into the house. "Indeed. I probable would have slapped myself. " She had never thought she'd even reveal to anyone she was female. That would have been enough to cause Caleb to scold herself!

Caleb then was pausing. She had been planning to lead Lance to a room. Let him settle in. But something soon crossed her mind and she turned to look at him. Her expression becoming rather serious. "Do you... Want to see Gareth? I... I can watch Galahad for a bit. " Lance had not see Gareth yet. But he probable wanted too. Lance and Gareth had been close. But would he want to see the state Gareth was in? He was a bit better then he had previously been. Had gotten some of his sass back and could talk, Though somedays he could not do even that. Agravain and Gaheris might not be too happy that Caleb was allowing Lance to see Gareth. To bad. Caleb knew Gareth wanted to see him, And Lance probable was feeling that too. The two were friends! They cared about eachother.

He figured it must be hard for Caleb to stay cooped up, she’d always seemed eager to jump into action and be put to use. “I can’t wait to test your skills” Lance replied with a grin. “I bet your technique has gone rusty” he teased although he couldn’t imagine it had gotten that bad. She was a good fighter and had certainly built up some muscle memory, still, Lance might be able to give her a few tips to help improve her edge. It’d be fun actually, he was sure, sparring with her. Hopefully Agravain would be too involved with baby to worry Lance much but Caleb seemed like she was going to want some time to let all her energy out.

”I’d like to think that any more women would have come forward should that be the case” Lance insisted. Elaine hadn’t due to the circumstance put in her by her father but other women wouldn’t necessarily have that. If anything they’d be encouraged to tell him and well, his status would benefit those who did come forward. But no, Lance only had one confirmed child….for now.

He followed after Caleb until she proposed he talk to Gareth. Oh, poor Gareth. He nodded. “I’d like that” he agreed. Gaheris and Agravain wouldn’t though. Agravain was likely to find out first though. Gaheris was in the room next to Gareth’s overall, might spot Lance going or leaving or might overhear them from next door. Sure, Gaheris didn't plan on revealing Lance’s secret but he wouldn’t sit around whilst Lance possibly did more damage to his brother! Oh, the last thing Gareth needed was to see a fight between them. “I think Galahad would like that too” he admitted, pushing his son’s hair back and kissing his forehead before going to hand him off to Caleb. “He doesn’t remember me very well” or at all, but Galahad was still young, he has time to fix it. He’d be spending lots of time with Galahad from now on, playing with him, teaching him the sign language and just being his father. But first, time to see a friend. He didn’t really know what state to expect but he’d seen him after the accident, knew how bad it could be, he could at least hold Gareth’s hand and talk to him.

Caleb gently took Galahad as he was passed to her. Bouncing him slightly, and the boy seemed to become a bit relieved when he was no longer in Lance's arms. He did not know Caleb well, But she was more familiar to her and he soon was clinging to her. Caleb staring down at him gently. She glanced up to Lance. Smiling. "Just give him time. " Galahad was only little after all. But he was a smart boy, He'd figure out who Lance was eventually! Caleb then took a step away as Lance headed into Gareth's room. Biting her lip, She briefly considered seeking out her husband and informing him of Lance's arrival. But he would probable drag him out of Gareth's room. So instead she simply settled down nearby as to play with little Galahad.

Inside, Gareth had been asleep. But it had not been a deep sleep and thus the sound of the door was enough to stir him. Blinking a few times, His gaze moved towards the door. To Lance in confusion. Still, His vision was not good. So he could merely guess. The figure did not match Caroline and it... Wasn't really as big as Agravain. Gaheris maybe? Though that thought made him tense. Don't get him wrong, He loved and missed Gaheris. But with all the things that had happened between them? He wasn't sure there relationship could ever be patched.

So, Gareth had his best guess. Murmuring tiredly. "Gaheris? " He questioned. Tone clearly uncertain. He had seen Gaheris earlier today and things had gone... Okay. Better then he had expected atleast. Though when Gaheris had left he wasn't sure if he'd see him again any time soon. It had also been a bit draining. Talking sometimes was hard and both boys had gotten emotional after everything. Gareth was still a bit worn out.

Lance wasn't exactly hesitant to see Gareth, he wanted to see him, wasn’t going to resist the urge but he was worried about the state of the boy and only hoped he was better then when he last saw him. Gareth did appear to be in a better condition, he clearly wasn’t well but he didn’t look so much like he was on the brink of death as he had done right after the accident. He actually smiled a little fondly at the sight of him and went to sit nearby him. “Sorry but you’re stuck with me” Lance murmured, “although I would argue I’m better company”. Gaheris had been mean to Gareth at first, upsetting, but by the time he’d left it had sort of been on a high note so maybe the brothers would be okay!

”its good to see you kid” Lance told him and he knew Gareth didn't like being called a kid but lying there, looking so small and vulnerable and young, it had never been more clear that Gareth was still a child. “Apologies for bringing back your pain-in-the-ass brother,” he joked gently and well, Gaheris had been away a long time but there was no denying he was a brat. “I’m going to be staying a while, brought Galahad with me and everything, so expect more visits from me. Maybe I can read you some stories” he suggested. “Or tell you about some adventures?” He offered.

Lance went to hold Gareth’s hand and squeeze it reassuringly. “I missed you” he admitted. ”I missed a lot actually, Galahad of course, my father, Caleb, and you, I missed my family” he said and in the time he’d known Gareth he’d felt like a little brother to him. Or maybe a nephew. “i know you missed me too” slightly teasing but then he turned more serious “you don’t have to say it, I know you don’t like soppiness“ he reassured him. He didn’t like his brothers or Lance hugging him in public or being overly affectionate and embarrassing him. “You’re lucky you’re not fully recovered actually otherwise I would’ve hugged you so tight you’d be embarrassed for a week“ Lance smiled gently, feeling the fondness bubble up inside him and squeezed his hand again.

As soon as Gareth heard Lance's voice, He broke out into a big smile. Oh, He'd missed Lance! Truly, He was surprised though that Lance had been allowed in the house. A part of him had expected Agravain to have him thrown out! "Less grumpy too. " Sure, He loved Gaheris. But the other man had never been the most... Happy person. His nose wrinkled slightly at being called a kid. Though it seemed the expression mostly was just playful. He wasn't a kid though! Stories? He nearly squawked at that. He didn't need bedtime stories! Though... It would be nice to hear them. Gareth had very much missed Lance.

Lance's hand was comforting. Not that Gareth would admit that. Maybe had he not been so injured he would have accepted that hug. In private of course. Didn't want anyone seeing him being all soft! Lance was talking, And Gareth was glad he was willing to fill most of the silence as it was difficult for Gareth to speak. But he was happy. "I guess some... Soppiness is okay... I did miss you. " Face a little red at the confession. He then warned Lance. "But don't be getting soft... I'm... I'm still... I'm still gonna be your boss one day! " He spoke, Confidence in his tone, Even if he struggled to get the words out.

That was a lie though. Gareth knew very much it was. He doubt he'd ever be able to get up, Would be surprised if he lived another year. That scared him very much. The others knew too, Even if they denied it. But Gareth had to keep some spirit to him. Everyone in the family was so messed up... He didn't want to think about it. Didn't want to think about his own fate. So he'd try to keep his spirits up. Atleast around everyone. Gareth then snickered. "Did.. Gaheris annoy you too much? " Which of course Gaheris had. Gareth knew his brother. He imagined Gaheris had been annoying the entire journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back