Other I want to tell someone something (RP niceness)

Bucky_lover.

Bucky's home girl
So I want to tell someone that I'd like to them stop making the roleplay over dramatic, because it is getting on everyones nerves. But like we don't want to come across as rude. So would someone give some advice about it?

Something I suggest would be wording it different, such as instead of telling them to stop being overdramatic, you can ask if they could tone it down. Ask them to try to make their character's actions a bit more realistic. I'm not sure if any of this could help, but I suggest just bringing it up casually, like just mention it a couple times and they might get the hint. But if that doesn't help I don't see any other way to tell them without it coming off as slightly rude, even if not intentional. Or hopefully if you share a few reasons why you'd like them to tone it down, they'll be understanding and able to comply. Personally when I need to tell someone something like that I just say it straight out, rude or not.

I'd advise to make it less general. Instead of saying or implying they are being overly dramatic in general, pointing specific instances where they were being overdramatic might come across as softer criticism, while also being more effective, both on the account that they now what to look out for better but also in the fact that people tend to be more conscious of things when the mistake is pointed in their actual work, rather than just kind of thrown at the wall. Plus, there's a small chance maybe you'll even find it wasn't so overly dramatic after all as you inspect things more closely.

Hope this helps. Good luck and happy RPing!

Definitely bring it up privately and pinpoint examples where their writing was overly dramatic. There's a chance they are doing it because they think it's what others want and have no idea they are hurting the overall story. No one likes to be called out in public.

I tell everyone that as long as your polite about something in the roleplay that you don't like, it's fine. Just don't make it like, a public shaming where everyone gangs up on them. Drama can be great but there's always a line. A nice "Hey! We like having you here but the drama is going a little too far. Can you please tone it down? We wanna keep you around but some members have said it's too much."

Thank you so much. They toned it down so much and life was great but then someone kicked them by accident and they are really mad and we have all said sorry.

Just ask them if they can tone it down, what's so bad about being honest. I'd know i would want you to tell me to stop if i was.

Just ask them if they can tone it down, what's so bad about being honest. I'd know i would want you to tell me to stop if i was.
Thank you so much. But they have been kicked out of the group accidentally and aren't happy with us now. Thank you for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back