• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy I Search for my First Roleplay

Ottered

Floatin' around space with a fishbowl.
I should clarify that the title refers to my first roleplay on this website. I've been roleplaying for some time, and took a long hiatus from online roleplay a few years back. I played a lot of D&D during that time, so I was still roleplaying, just a different type/style. Anyways, this will basically be copying other people's threads in regards to how I lay it out, because it seems to be the norm, laying down the requirements, plots, and then a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

Requirements:
- 18+ please. This is more because I can be quite crude sometimes, and I can rest assured that my partner is as mature as I am. Admittedly, it's not like I'm mature 24/7.
- Literacy is important to me, and if you keep missing off capitals/punctuation, or don't know the difference between their, they're and there, it's going to make me disinterested. That's not to say that I'm going to drop the roleplay if you miss a fullstop, but if it's consistent, it's annoying.
- A personal pet peeve of my mine is when romance becomes the focus of the plot. When romance is the focus of the plot, we're fine with that, but when the plot gets abandoned in favour of romance entirely, it's annoying and comes across as the person trying to force something upon my character.
- OOC chat is not something that is hugely important, but it's nice to have, even just for hashing out plot details.
- I stick to male roles, and will be hard pressed to play female. Call it preference.
- I really don't care fore abusive relationship roleplays, or anything along that vein. I think it's a bit weird and almost masochistic, so I tend to stay away from them. Similarly, anything about real life stuff I don't want to do: I live in the real world, the whole reason I'm here is so I can see a world that isn't real.

Plots/pairings (updated when I think of a new one):
I'm open with pretty much anything when it comes to plots, although I firmly stick to fantasy, be it a heavy fantasy world, or just light fantasy. If you have any plots you think I may have even the slightest amount of interest in, hit me up in a PM. Muse is also a term I've learned from a quick skim of the threads here, so I'll be using that.

Fairytales
- At the moment, I have a thing for fairytale re-tellings. This comes from a D&D sessions(s) when the DM had these characters running around, and was pretty happy when we recognised them as Red Riding Hood or Iron Hans. This has made me pretty interested in the topic, and I'd quite like to roleplay one out, see how it goes. Ones that spring to mind are:
- Red Riding Hood, with her as some sort of hunter, either a generic game hunter, or hunter of some mythical species (i.e. talking wolves). I realise that this is probably a cliché unto itself, but I like the idea.
- Snow White, but she was exiled for a reason, such as being some sort of sorceress, or having murderous urges.
- I'd also count Alice in Wonderland in this. Despite not having read it in ages, I really like it, and the thought of some psychedelic floating cat is amusing to say the least.

- I'm also interested in anything that's supernatural x human, supernatural in this case meaning werewolves, vampires, dragons, whatever. However, I'd like to be playing the human in these, mainly because I used to play the creature all the time, and I haven't seen the other side of it.

It's bare at the moment, I realise, but I'll be updating it as I go along and thing of new ones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back