• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom I Only Need Memories Of You

Atsumu's eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning at Emi's admission. Jackpot! He knew if he pestered her enough, that unshakeable honesty would win out.

"A date, huh?" He crowed, swinging around to face Osamu with a triumphant grin. "I friggin' knew it!!"

Osamu just rolled his eyes so hard it looked painful. "Emi didn't actually confirm anything, idiot. Don't get too excited!"

"Ohhhh! But she did!" Atsumu sang gleefully, spinning back towards the petite blonde. In two long strides he was scooping her up by the waist and swinging her around in a circle, uncaring of her startled squeak.

"My brilliant little snitch came through! Now we've got the confirmation, all we need to know where Kita-senpai and Megane-kun are," he cackled against the crown of her head.

Setting Emi back on her feet, he cupped her face with both hands and planted a loud, exaggerated smooch right on her forehead. "You're the real MVP, Shorty! What would I do without ya?"

Spinning away with a jaunty whistle, Atsumu strode over to snatch up her phone from the counter. A few deft taps and swipes later and he'd pulled up her messages with the pink eye-glassed girl.

"Aha! Here we go!" He crowed over one shoulder as he flipped the phone towards Osamu. "Better start prepping some top-notch humiliation material, Samu. We're gonna give 'em hell!"

"Hold up, give me that!" Osamu made a lunge for the phone but Atsumu danced back easily, cradling the device protectively.

"Nuh-uh, finders keepers!" He sing-songed with a mischievous glint. "We're gonna need to take actual photos for maximum impact, Samu!"

Osamu let out a long-suffering groan as Atsumu cackled victoriously. "You just had to give him fuel for his dumbass fire..."

The blond setter was already wrapping his arm around Emi with his free hand, his cheshire grin widening by the second. "What do you say we follow them, hmm? We can probably wear disguises and follow them to their date?"

There would be absolutely no living this down for Kita and Matsuda now. Atsumu could hardly wait to give them hell...

---

Momoka emerged from the train, still reeling somewhat from the old woman's unintentionally hurtful comments about her dress. She walked along mutely beside Shinsuke, trying to shake off the lingering sting of embarrassment.

When he gently asked if she was alright, she managed a tight smile and small nod, not wanting to dwell on the incident any longer. Momoka's spirits did lift slightly at Shinsuke's suggestion to stop for refreshments before heading to their actual date destination.

"That sounds lovely, thank you," she replied, grateful for the chance to collect herself fully.

Her breath caught ever-so-faintly when Shinsuke extended his hand in an unspoken invitation. The pink-haired manager felt her cheeks warming anew, though this time from a pleased sort of shyness rather than humiliation.

Without hesitation, she slipped her hand into his, reveling in the simple intimacy of their intertwined fingers. The captain's thoughtfulness and consideration helped push the last remaining mortification from her mind. As they approached what appeared to be a cute cafe, Momoka couldn't help her curious gaze from being drawn to the vibrant poster plastered across the window. It announced some sort of book-themed promotion with an illustration of a rose rendered in warm autumnal tones.

"Hmm... I don't believe I've heard of that series," she admitted, glancing up at Shinsuke quizzically. "Though it does look rather intriguing, doesn't it?"

She studied the artistic rendering more closely, brow furrowing slightly. "Autumn Rose by Neeko Saki..."

Giving a slight tilt of her head, Momoka turned her smile up at him once more. "I do love a good themed menu."

Her eyes sparkled with excitement, firmly putting the train incident behind her. With Shinsuke by her side, Momoka felt her initial nervous tensions melting away. Momoka gave Shinsuke's hand an appreciative squeeze as they entered the café.

The little bell above the door jingled merrily as Momoka and Shinsuke stepped inside the cozy cafe. Momoka felt herself immediately enveloped in its ambiance. Bookshelves lined the walls, crammed full of well-loved tomes of every genre. Plush armchairs and overstuffed sofas were arranged in intimate nooks and reading corners throughout the space. It had the distinct air of an eclectic library combined with a trendy coffee shop.

Soft lamps cast a warm, flickering glow over the rich wood tones and bursts of jewel-tone accents. The mouthwatering scents of freshly brewed coffee, baked goods, and spices hung tantalizingly in the air.

Her amethyst eyes were immediately drawn to the chalkboard menu hanging behind the counter. Ornately decorated with vines and flowers, each item was named after the book. She grinned, delighted by the obvious care put into the literary theme. As they moved further inside, she couldn't help craning her neck to examine the various knickknacks and antique book displays adorning the shelves and side tables. It was as though she had stumbled into an enchanted realm straight out of the pages of a storied novel.

"This place is amazing," Momoka breathed, giving Shinsuke's hand an excited squeeze. "I almost feel like we've discovered a secret hideaway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back