I need some friends...

LillianMuffin

Don't Tread On Me
I've tried hard to find more people to roleplay with... But it's proven unfruitful.

I've ruined pretty much almost every relationship with prior rpers.

I need more people to rp with but I can't find anyone... And I really wanna do an rp with someone..

I'm really lonely, please help..

Oooookay then.... Uhmmmm what kind of things are you asking for when you post in the interest checks?

[QUOTE="Lilllysaurus Rex]I've tried hard to find more people to roleplay with... But it's proven unfruitful.
I've ruined pretty much almost every relationship with prior rpers.

I need more people to rp with but I can't find anyone... And I really wanna do an rp with someone..

I'm really lonely, please help..

[/QUOTE]
But you still have friends...

Well when looking for partners I find it's helpful to put a detailed list of what I'm looking for in a partner and what I bring to the roleplay.

And for instance if you have had issues with people in the past in ways that have decreased the enjoyment of the roleplay perhaps ask yourself : okay how did things come to this?

Sometimes it's just miscommunication : which can be helped by putting up clear rules and guidelines.

Sometimes it's a lack of synergy between partners : which is just a part of roleplaying in general. Sometimes you and your partner just don't click but that's not a bad thing it's just a fact of roleplaying.

Sometimes it's they hit on a pet peeve you didn't know you had : that happened to me with Canon x Oc relationships. I used to do them until I got tired of constantly being asked to play someone else's wooden romantic interest.

So I think a good thing is to ask yourself : What am I looking for in a partner? What are my strengths in roleplaying?

When you find those things just make another search and see what kind of responses you get.

Going off of Readingraebow said, I learned pretty fast on here that I have to make my limits known from the get-go. I'm a Catholic Theology major and I work in high school ministry. Because of that background I am not able in good consonance to be in certain kinds of RPs and I ask my partners if they will be able to respect my religious beliefs.

in one of my first RPs (Before I started making my background clear) I had implied my character was Catholic a few times, but nothing too big. My partner decided to have her character make a comment about a controversial topic which my Church disagrees with. I did not become upset, I just had my character respectfully disagree with her's and thought we'd just move along since it did not pertain to the plot AT ALL. No, instead she decides to use RP as an opertunity to outright attack my religious beliefs. I get her to move into OOC, I say I'm not upset just would appreciate her not attacking my faith IC. She tells me she's not comfortable RPing with me anymore so our RP ends right there. It was sooo sad! I kinda wonder if, had I made my beliefs known, would our RP have ended so abruptly? Or would she have never worked with me? Saving us both a lot of work and effort.

Ever since that experience I have been super clear with any potential partner when it comes to my belief system. I honestly expected to be turned away a lot since my beliefs are so different from most of the people I see on here. But surprisingly I have only been turned away by someone once since making my limits known. Even better, I've actually made some grate friends already because it's a bit of a conversation starter.

I dunno ive been depressed and stuff and I just want a little more of a smaller group to rp in...

I havent found an rp like that and no one wants to make one with me.

Mmmm, well it's heard to make friends if you don't open up a little bit. And the last thing you should do is become jealous, that doesn't help get you want your wanting at all. Instead it just makes you more depressed.

Yeah. Things like that only happen naturally. It's not something that can be forced. Same boat. People put up with my incompetence in large groups, and I'm really grateful for it, but...bleh. The feeling that you're just along for the ride sometimes isn't a great one.

Deadeyelee said:
People put up with my incompetence in large groups,
I hope you're not talking about the Soul Eater group. You are anything but incompetent. You're one of our most active players.

DaughterofAthena said:
I hope you're not talking about the Soul Eater group. You are anything but incompetent. You're one of our most active players.
Active doesn't mean competent, darling. I have limited range and depth in which I can operate and not disturb the flow of RP, and I've come to terms with it. :P

Deadeyelee said:
Active doesn't mean competent, darling. I have limited range and depth in which I can operate and not disturb the flow of RP, and I've come to terms with it. :P
If someone gave me a pile of competent roleplayers and a pile of active roleplayers, I'd pick the active group any day of the week. RPs can't run if people aren't active.

@Deadeyelee , you don't have to leave... Lets just try and cheer up our friend instead of arguing about which kind of Rp-ers are better. lol

I apologize if I hi-jacked the thread. Both @Deadeyelee and @Lilllysaurus Rex are marvelous rpers. I think Deadeye's character could become great friends with mine and it's something I'm very much looking forward to and Lillly had/has two of the most unique characters within the rp in my opinion. They're both great people to write with and I don't like seeing my friends down and depressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarai said:
@Deadeyelee , you don't have to leave... Lets just try and cheer up our friend instead of arguing about which kind of Rp-ers are better. lol
That wasn't the point of the discussion, but sorry. Yeah, I'd be happy to try something small, you seem pretty chill Lilly , but I got limited range on what I can play.

DaughterofAthena said:
I apologize if I hi-jacked the thread. Both @Deadeyelee and @Lilllysaurus Rex are marvelous rpers. I think Deadeye's character could become great friends with mine and it's something I'm very much looking forward to and Lillly had/has two of the most unique characters within the rp in my opinion. They're both great people to write with and I don't like seeing my friends down and depressed.
I'm so scared of joining back because large groups now make me excruciatingly nervous now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back