Other I need more friends that watch anime

Jabu

Pls help I’m tired
I don’t have anyone to get excited about over the new airing stuff or Jojo and I’m saddd. I haven’t seen everything lol but I feel like I’ve seen a lot so let’s have a fun chitchat about anime 🤷‍♀️

<- Super duper weeb here, still pretty excited about new stuff coming out, super willing to make new weeb friends. Sadly I don't fit the Jojo requirement cause it's one of those anime I just can't stand because people don't shut up about it, but other than that I think we'd get along great XD

<- Super duper weeb here, still pretty excited about new stuff coming out, super willing to make new weeb friends. Sadly I don't fit the Jojo requirement cause it's one of those anime I just can't stand because people don't shut up about it, but other than that I think we'd get along great XD
To each their own XD I wasn’t into Jojo much for a looong time and finally gave it a chance. I’m definitely more of a casual Jojo fan, but whatever! What have you been watching this season? I’ve fallen in love with Dororo and Demon Slayer!

I’m definitely more of a casual Jojo fan, but whatever! What have you been watching this season?
Hmmm...this season

One Punch Man Season 2
Isekai Quartet
Kenja no Mago
Fruits Basket (2019)
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO (dropped)
Shoumetsu Toshi

Continuing from Previous Season
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

I have a feeling I'm forgetting something...but yeah. This season been mostly reading manga, since it's easier to do in between studying.

Dororo and Demon hunter, the art style and demonic themes really turned me off to those.

Idea Idea

It took me a while to get into the two, especially Demon Hunter. But they’ve both gotten more interesting as more episodes aired! I really like Demon Slayer’s art style because it pulls from traditional styles. You notice it more during the fight scenes!

I’ve been keeping up with a couple on your list though! I really like Kenja no Mago, though I’m a bit behind. I’ve been keeping up with Shield Hero religiously every Wednesday since it came out pretty much. OPM is good, I’m behind currently though.

I don’t know why, but I’ve been going back and digging up a lot of older anime to watch the past week or two. At the moment I’m binge watching Eyeshield 21 because sports anime are my guilty pleasure :’)

Do you have a favorite anime or a few that you just absolutely love?

It took me a while to get into the two, especially Demon Hunter. But they’ve both gotten more interesting as more episodes aired! I really like Demon Slayer’s art style because it pulls from traditional styles. You notice it more during the fight scenes!
Ye, traditional styles are really not my thing though. Been called a moe-blob by my friends in the past hehe XD

I really like Kenja no Mago
Honestly surprised to hear there someone who's into Demon Slayer, Dororo and kenja no mago. Seeing how you're also a fan of shield hero, are you perhaps a fan of isekai?

I don’t know why, but I’ve been going back and digging up a lot of older anime to watch the past week or two.
I just have like a bunch of anime on the "to watch later" portion of my anime list, many of which attained from looking up cute pics or fom top 10 recommendations when I was starting out. And later from researching specific genres I liked.

Currently though, my plans for the future include finishing a bunch of anime I couldn't when they aired, and completing the prisma illya and monogatari series.

Do you have a favorite anime or a few that you just absolutely love?
As for my favorite anime, it's re: creators.

But, I think I'll let this post do the talking (may be slightly out of date, but still mostly holds) : Anime & Manga - Anime

Idea Idea

I do like isekai! I don’t think I have a genre that I absolutely hate. There are definitely some I like more than others, but I will literally give anything a try. I take the whole “don’t knock it till you try it” thing seriously when it comes to anime xD I think you end up missing out otherwise.

Your top 10 (20) anime list was pretty cool to read though! I liked seeing how you have your reasoning for why each show was placed where. I haven’t seen many on your list but I’ve heard of most of them. Re: creators is something I’ll have to give a shot!

Jojo is definitely a recent favorite of mine. I won’t go into it because I’m sure you’ve heard it all by now XD but it grew on me pretty quickly.
My all time favorite would probably be Major or Saint Seiya though. Major is about baseball (surprise) and Saint Seiya is basically your typical shounen but it just stole my heart for some reason!

I do like isekai! I don’t think I have a genre that I absolutely hate. There are definitely some I like more than others, but I will literally give anything a try. I take the whole “don’t knock it till you try it” thing seriously when it comes to anime xD I think you end up missing out otherwise.

True that. I do think it's good to have some base criteria for what one will attempt to watch though.

Personally I'm a huge isekai fanboy. That's not to say I will watch every single one, much less that I like every single one, but I do truly appreciate what the genre has to offer, especially when you take a look at the manga world.

Your top 10 (20) anime list was pretty cool to read though! I liked seeing how you have your reasoning for why each show was placed where. I haven’t seen many on your list but I’ve heard of most of them. Re: creators is something I’ll have to give a shot!
Glad you liked it :)

Jojo is definitely a recent favorite of mine. I won’t go into it because I’m sure you’ve heard it all by now XD but it grew on me pretty quickly.
Yeah, I have heard it all. Several times over. Over and over.

Maybe one day I will watch it, but I doubt it. Jojo for me combines two things that are really awful when it comes to my experience watching something, one is everyone praising it and bashing shows I like because of it (it was due to that that it took me so long to actually get to watch envangelion) , and two is the fact that it has way too many episodes.

My all time favorite would probably be Major or Saint Seiya though. Major is about baseball (surprise) and Saint Seiya is basically your typical shounen but it just stole my heart for some reason!
Seiya, Seiya...I've never seen it before but the name does sound familiar.

I wished I knew more people where I live around into anime. I have one close friend but he isn't into anime.

I admit I'm not super into Jojo. I've watched four episodes and... I feel kinda meh about it so far.
I'm super curious about both Dororo and Demon Slayer now though! Gonna have to give those a shot.

I'm cliche because I like My Hero Academia, but some other anime I enjoy are Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, Mushishi, and Natsume Yuujinchou. I also like reading manga - I love Cells at Work, and I've been trying to keep up with Noragami and Blue Exorcist, but I'm a bit behind on those.

Idea Idea

Saint Seiya is pretty good imo! Give it a shot if you’re ever curious! And if you ever start an MHA thing, definitely let me know.

pfpfpfpf pfpfpfpf

That’s my exact issue! That’s why I came here XD

PhoenixMire PhoenixMire

MHA is pretty good! I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit so far! Kirishima is my best boy. I fell in love with the Cells at Work anime when it was airing last summer and I’d love to read Cells at Work Black or even watch it if there’s an anime adaptation.

MHA is pretty good! I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit so far! Kirishima is my best boy. I fell in love with the Cells at Work anime when it was airing last summer and I’d love to read Cells at Work Black or even watch it if there’s an anime adaptation.
Kirishima is so sweet and pure <3
Cells at Work is awesome. The anime is super cool so far, but since the manga goes further, I've been enjoying reading that as well. It's so educational! It gave me a reason to care about learning all this biology type stuff... because I certainly didn't pay attention to it in school haha

PhoenixMire PhoenixMire

Biology is definitely my favorite science so I think that was one thing that drew me towards it. At the time I was even thinking about nursing for college when I was watching it (those plans have since changed) so I think that also made it appealing! Totally watch Demon Slayer and Dororo though! I think they’ve been amazing so far 👍 I actually like Demon Slayer a bit more even if it did start a bit slow

Awesome that you like biology! I guess I always found it dull. Like... incredibly dull. I couldn't even focus long enough to learn anything, so my knowledge of the field as a whole was depressingly tiny. Cells at Work really helped me get interested in biology, so I've been studying a little bit of it - nothing intense, but basically the stuff I should have known in school if I'd been paying attention. : P

Sounds fun - I'll definitely have to check them both out!

Nice! You’ll soak it all up in no time!

Have you been watching anything this season that you’ve taken a liking to? Mine were the two mentioned before lol

I tend not to watch seasonal anime :') I just look for whatever interests me, no matter when it actually came out.

Mostly what I mentioned - though I also kinda like Attack on Titan, but I'm not fond of the direction it's going.
I love Violet Evergarden. It's so beautiful and heartfelt.
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K is a great parody of a ton of different anime tropes. I think it's hilarious. I also think Ouran High School Host Club is hilarious because of the way it parodies shoujo tropes, haha.
I enjoyed The Promised Neverland - or rather, the first arc of the manga, anyway. Sorta lost interest after that. And the anime felt like it was lacking something for some reason?
Durarara is older, but fun, even if I feel like it can be a mess sometimes.
And of course I have a soft spot for Ghibli films - mainly Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away.

My friend made me binge Violet Evergarden and I balled at the end omg XD I did enjoy it a lot when we watched it. I’ve tried multiple times to get into Durarara and I just can’t make it past the first few episodes for some reason. I wanted to like it because I have online friend that does :’) but it just want clicking for me ig. Ghibli is awesome! The art style is so pretty and just everything the art makes it so intriguing to me!

I love it! such a good show.
Durarara didn't click for me the first few episodes either, but I got into it as it went on.
Yeah,it's no wonder Ghibli is so widely-loved!

Hey, I’ve seen your art page a few times! Is there any fandoms in particular that you like drawing fan art for? If you do make fan art. I’ve seen your ocs but I can’t remember if I’ve seen fan art.

Do you also have any fandoms that you do rp/would like to rp if you got the chance?

I've been enjoying drawing some Mob Psycho 100 fanart lately, and I also love drawing Genos from One Punch Man for some reason. : P I also like drawing some MHA characters.

Yeah, I've got a list of some fandoms I might be interested in RPing on my search thread if you wanna see that

Nice! I don’t do much fan art personally, but every now and then I’ll draw some here and there! The last thing I did was a screenshot redraw from Demon Slayer just for fun

LEGEND OF ZELDA OMG!!! I would love a BOTW rp, definitely one of my favorite games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back