• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom I love one piece(perpetually open, REAL NAME STILL TBA)

Bacon is fluffy

Wut'n th'name of davy jonez lockr is uh sall-add?

• Just your generic journey from rags to riches. The starting point would mostly follow two paths(This or being a yonko crew mate, idea 3). The first would be starting from one of the lesser developed blues like the west or north blue. This is so the setting doesn't necessarily need to be in an alternate universe,but it gives us enough freedom to what we want.

The general progression would start from being a bunch of upstarts in a mafia environment and escaping on our own. Picking up a log pose and perhaps some sort of npc crew member to fill in a spot no one wants to do?>chef, navigator, captain

From there it would basically just be a slow build up to the red line and either following in the wake of the strawhats or getting into some marine conspiracy situations of our own.

That's basically it. Ideas in themselves aren't an issue. It's mostly just organizing them and making them fit an rp setting.

1. How do you feel about dice?
2. What power levels are we going for here?(starting out)
3. Would you want dormant haki that has to be developed over time?

Last edited:
I have just recently managed to catch up with the manga, and I have been dying to roleplay One Piece. I am very much interested in roleplaying either of the ideas.

I have just recently managed to catch up with the manga, and I have been dying to roleplay One Piece. I am very much interested in roleplaying either of the ideas.
I'm at 800 because I always go on hiatus until oda finishes an arc. Then consume it like a madman :D

Hopefully we get a few more bites so this can get started up. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. I love dice. I know most people on this site don't, but they are very useful in an organized system.
2. I suppose weak in comparison to most pirates/marine. So about Luffy or Zoro's level when the series starts.
3. Yup. :)

I vote for idea 3. (Assuming we're voting.)

1. I love dice. I know most people on this site don't, but they are very useful in an organized system.
2. I suppose weak in comparison to most pirates/marine. So about Luffy or Zoro's level when the series starts.
3. Yup. :)

I vote for idea 3. (Assuming we're voting.)
Awesome. :3

If no one had a preference I would have chosen. But I can also use whatever story path my players choose most

This looks cool, count me
1.I'm cool with using dice
2. I agree with Alvina that we should start at Luffy and Zoro when the series starts.
3. Defiantly
I like idea 1 the most with idea 3 as a near second to it.

This looks cool, count me
1.I'm cool with using dice
2. I agree with Alvina that we should start at Luffy and Zoro when the series starts.
3. Defiantly
I like idea 1 the most with idea 3 as a near second to it.
Sweet. I'll let this play out a little longer before asking for a final vote on what idea to go with.

1.) Sounds most fun to me. Like a new set of Strawhats, kinda.

Is this supposed to be in a quasi-AU though? I know you mentioned it, but would canon characters exist during the same time as we do? Or is it after the real One Piece, or something like that?

1.) Sounds most fun to me. Like a new set of Strawhats, kinda.

Is this supposed to be in a quasi-AU though? I know you mentioned it, but would canon characters exist during the same time as we do? Or is it after the real One Piece, or something like that?
Or a new group like doffy's. It's all up to you guys and your moral compass. I'll present you guys with choices through story and you guys will determine where it goes by choosing to, let's say abandon an island to a criminal organization vs beating them down like luffy would.

It was just an idea I was playing around with. If we end up in the same universe, there will little to no interaction with canon characters. But rather we would see some of the stuff that's happening after the straw hats left.

What's happened to water seven, alabasta, little garden, Skypiea.

Or we can go full au and have everything oc. Every island original.

The third route however, is definitely au. We will not see big mom or white beard.

But either way I can work with any angle you guys want. But I was just entertaining the idea of being in the same world as the straw hats and following in their wake in the same way that luffy is following roger's path.

Super interested. :)

Currently on the Fishman Island Arc so I'm not exactly up to date, though I've already pretty much been exposed to every spoiler possible so it doesn't even matter anymore.

I have zero experience with dice but I feel like it could be incorpated really well into the RP and I'm excited to try.

Not very sure about power levels. I'll leave it to you to decide hehe

Yes! It would work very well with character development.

Also, just to add on, I love all three ideas but I'm currently leaning towards 1.

Super interested. :)

Currently on the Fishman Island Arc so I'm not exactly up to date, though I've already pretty much been exposed to every spoiler possible so it doesn't even matter anymore.

I have zero experience with dice but I feel like it could be incorpated really well into the RP and I'm excited to try.

Not very sure about power levels. I'll leave it to you to decide hehe

Yes! It would work very well with character development.

Also, just to add on, I love all three ideas but I'm currently leaning towards 1.
Glad to hear it! Here I thought this forum didn't have very many one piece fans. :3

You don't have to worry about the new world much because we're starting in paradise or the blues.

Don't worry. I have a fairly simple way to use dice just for combat. I won't make the mistake of wanting my players to read a 100 page manual e.e

I'm interested.
1. I don't mind as long as it's simple
2. Around Luffy's level at the beginning.
3. Yes please

Keeping an eye on this one... I won't say interested becuz of dice rolling (not too big of a fan) but curious
Yea admittedly it can make fights longer if you don't balance it right. But in my mind there's gonna be a moment when one of my players has to save another in an ussop soge king moment(where he sniped that dude dragging robin away) and instead of just letting them succeed. I want dice to decide the fate of the plot.

It creates an air of suspense in my opinion .

I totally overlooked the spoiler. Woops.

I'm okay as long as it's simple. It definitely makes successful fights or defeats easier to deal with, and it adds a fun element of randomness.

I'd say same as Strawhats around Arlong Park arc. Pretty low-key overall, but still stronger than the average person/lowly pirate crew.

Yes. Haki should come into play properly much later after everyone started to grow stronger.

Well I'm interested if you're still accepting.

1. I've actually never played with dice, but I've always wanted to try it out.
2. Ummm... I guess nothing to OP, maybe able to take on a few ships worth of Marines.
3. Yeah, that sounds like it would be much better than just having an insane level of Haki towards the start.

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy

Well I'm interested if you're still accepting.

1. I've actually never played with dice, but I've always wanted to try it out.
2. Ummm... I guess nothing to OP, maybe able to take on a few ships worth of Marines.
3. Yeah, that sounds like it would be much better than just having an insane level of Haki towards the start.

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy
Yes I'm still accepting. :)

Welcome aboard matey. Feel free to check out the cs or ooc at yer leisure. Arrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back