Idea I have an idea for an RP...kinda

Darth

spacefaring vagrant
I'm still very new to the site, and I've joined only one RP so far. But nevertheless I had the sudden urge to get creative and I whipped up an idea for an RP. I spent some time fleshing it out a bit, and I wanted to get a little feedback to see if what my brain spat out was any good.

Note: Again I am new...So I'm not really planning on making this a real thing, mostly because I have no experience running one. Just wanted a little constructive criticism for my ideas

The brain mush lies within...
Amidst the Ruins

Introduction:

The year is 1919, and The War that has ravaged the whole of Europe is raging on. The sheer devastation that is; The War, has transformed once green European countrysides into a gray, and barren moonscape. Cities like Paris and London have been reduced to little more than rubble. Despite the fact that The War is utterly destroying their world, the Nations of mankind have yet to acknowledge their ruinous mistakes. With Europe on the brink of desolation, The War threatens to extend its grasp to the Americas, The Orient, and Africa. Your story begins here; among hopeless men, horrific warfare, and the ruins of your home. Your story is one of millions, all so alike yet so very different...

Your story is only the beginning...

Summary:

Amidst the Ruins is a mashup of genres; alternate history, realistic fiction, and a touch of fantasy and takes place in an alternate version of the early 20th century. Overall I'd consider it to be a sort of "Pre-Apocalypse", meaning the world is going to shite, but it's not completely there yet. That's where your characters come in, through their eyes you'll live and experience what could possibly be the last days of good ol'Earth. "The War", which to clarify is an alternate/tweaked version of The Great War, is being fought by many nations around the globe, but mainly there are two belligerents; The Allied Powers and The Imperial War Machine that is Germany. They've been fighting for 5 years, and The War shows no signs of stopping. This war has ravaged Europe and has turned the once peaceful countryside into an ugly wasteland. This level of destruction has been attained by the use of new technologies. To list a few would be things such as "Mechanized Walkers"; pretty self-explanatory, large mechanical and bipedal war machines, actual "Land-ships"; huge naval vessels capable of traversing land, armored Airships capable of deploying fighter squadrons and massive scale aerial bombing, and other things etc. Through the might of innovation, these mechanical marvels were brought into reality years before, further increasing the industrial output of the great powers. Now that same innovation may well be the very thing that brings humanity to an end.

• Amidst the Ruins is an RP comprised of the stories from the leaders, the soldiers, and the common people.

• This is also a detailed RP, meaning things like +1 paragraph back stories and what not.

• It is an alternate history and does not necessarily have accuracy

Lore Factions:

The Imperial Majesty of Britannia
Once one of the largest empires in the world, now teetering on the brink of destruction. Britannia is the only faction that can compete with The Reich's industrial prowess, yet it is still truly not enough to stop the German War Machine. It's mighty empire has been reduced to a mere remnant of its former self, and if the war continues in the Reich's favor Britannia will lose everything. Britannia refuses to surrender and shall fight until the bitter end.

The Old Republic of France
The oldest sovereign state in Europe was the first victim of The Reich's mechanized assault and has kept the Germans at bay for years, despite its technological inferiorities. They have dug into their once lush countryside and have declared no German shall pass. No German will set foot in Paris, even if The Reich bombed it into near oblivion.

The Kingdoms of Italia
The many lords of Italia had drawn arms together for the first time in years to fight the German war machine. They've fought alongside their French allies in lower France and into the Alps. Now their seemingly untouchable domain is under threat from The Reich's near unstoppable advance. The Italians now face a choice, continue their crusade against the Germans, or take a chance to save Italia and turn upon their old allies.

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
A fairly new nation rising out of the ashes of the Tsardom, now facing a premature demise. They have been forced to ally with their large, and land hungry Soviet neighbors. With the Soviets occupying so much of their territory, Polanians fear for their independence, others fear total annihilation from The Reich.

The Union of Soviet Rus
The ones who brought about the downfall of the Tsar, The Union is The Reich's biggest adversary. While the Germans have superior technology, the Soviets have the power of sheer numbers. They call upon The Motherland for fresh bodies to throw at the German war machines,

The Kaiserreich of Greater Germany - "The Reich"
The Last of its Alliance, forced to absorb old allies, The Reich is the largest and most powerful empire in the known world and have fought against all adversaries. Their might seems unmatchable, their technology unreachable, their advance unstoppable. But will this Warmachine ever halt it's never ending reign of fire? Will it recognize peace should there be a possibility of it?

The Shogunate of Japan
Called upon by hopeless European nations, Japan has sent its great army to assist the Allies in their almost hopeless war against the Reich. This decision, though honorable, may well have been the beginning of the end for its small nation.

The United States of America
America was hesitant to enter this massive, total war. They looked to Europe and saw only desperation and desolation. Only now do they see the full extent of destruction in Europe. Have the Americans come too late to help save Europe?

The Cult of The Machine
A mysterious group of individuals, all affected in some way from the war. Their minds have been altered from the never ending warfare. They now worship the machines capable of mass killing as deities. They are Legion.

The Common
The Common is a civilian-run organization, built for those stranded in the war-torn wastelands. They take in any survivors and have cast away allegiance to any nation. Their goals are to survive this hell together, and they believe they are the last hope for mankind.

Basic Lore:

Europe is a smoking husk of a landscape. Much of the west is a gray moon-like wasteland, all due to relentless shelling on both sides. The war started in 1914 and has been raging ever since. As the war went on new technologies appeared and have made changes for the worst. Much of the warfare fought on the fronts is trench warfare and huge open engagements that stretch for miles.This type of warfare often causes immense amounts of casualties. On the contrary to the west, eastern Europe such as Poland and Soviet Rus are relatively untouched and much of its green farmlands still exist. However, the war still rages and huge battles are common. (WIP)

RP Roles:

-The Aristocrat "The Privileged": A prestigious, and wealthy individual who is either an upper-class citizen, a general who commands soldiers, or a political leader.

-The Soldier "The Number": A common man fighting for a common cause, and is one of millions. They fight on the frontlines of The War, where chances of survival are very slim

-The Civilian "The Victim": A frightened and hopeless soul who is either desperately trying to run from devastation, or has not bothered to run at all and take their chances in the Ruins.

I'm new here as well, but while I was reading and overall I thought it was really good. You were detailed which is a good thing in my opinion^33^ sorry if this wasn't really helpful

I'm new here as well, but while I was reading and overall I thought it was really good. You were detailed which is a good thing in my opinion^33^ sorry if this wasn't really helpful
Thank you!
This is quite alright, I don't mind a little confidence boosting :D

Pretty neato, needs 'more' in general, but not much. So, what's the general focus when you imagine how this goes? The misadventures in a sinking ship? The horrors of a dying world? Wandering and fighting to stave off the end with nothing but a glimmer of hope and raw grit?

Or are you just giving us a setting and letting the players determine a tone?

Pretty neato, needs 'more' in general, but not much. So, what's the general focus when you imagine how this goes? The misadventures in a sinking ship? The horrors of a dying world? Wandering and fighting to stave off the end with nothing but a glimmer of hope and raw grit?
The basic history and lore are still a WIP, so fixing amount of content, in general, seems not too difficult.
For the general focus, I'd imagine being a mixture of the horrors of a dying world along with aspects of a survival-esque scenario with "a slight glimmer of hope and raw grit".
As well as having a very player determined RP. Having people create their characters and send them off into an uncertain world seems like how it would go for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back