• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Just saying it to get it out there, I'll be responding today! Apologies for the delay

Nothin' more

You're up, T Taleek T Taleek !

Hey Just_Dragon Just_Dragon my man, you know I love your cheerful spirit, but pull back on addressing other players out of character. It should all read as if it's from Dragon's point of view. I'll admit this is mostly a flavor thing, but it takes a reader out of the scene if you mention who Taleek is right after you're done talking in-character.

On a lesser note, it's also to make sure everything we're reading pertains specifically to what's happening in the scene. That way no one is confused as to what's going on

Nothin' more

You're up, T Taleek T Taleek !

Hey Just_Dragon Just_Dragon my man, you know I love your cheerful spirit, but pull back on addressing other players out of character. It should all read as if it's from Dragon's point of view. I'll admit this is mostly a flavor thing, but it takes a reader out of the scene if you mention who Taleek is right after you're done talking in-character.

On a lesser note, it's also to make sure everything we're reading pertains specifically to what's happening in the scene. That way no one is confused as to what's going on
I see-
Alright, I wont do it anymore

I see-
Alright, I wont do it anymore
On the opposite end, I love Dragon volunteering Rola without asking lmao. It gives way perfectly for Rola to show more of her character via "who does this guy think I am? Volunteering me for charity work" at least, that's how I imagine she's going to take it

Hey, hey! Massive apologies for my absence as I've said before making time has been a struggle as of recently! In any case, though, I will have a post fired and ready as soon as possible!

Hey, hey! Massive apologies for my absence as I've said before making time has been a struggle as of recently! In any case, though, I will have a post fired and ready as soon as possible!
Actually taleek you're still early to post. Dragon just got one out today. Don't stress yourself, I'd rather have long time committed players than ones who burn out because it feels like a responsibility too much.

Last edited:
T Taleek , hey friend, just wondering if you'll be posting today. If not, do you mind if Garvii answers Dragon in conversation, and then we'll allow Rola to interject?

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon so during conversations with NPCs, or even other players, you can roll Insight to see what you can gleam about what they're thinking by their mannerisms, or if they're lying. It won't allow you to flat out read their minds, but you might get some information on the level of "This Rito seems to be out of his comfort zone speaking with people, and isn't enjoying it in the slightest," that you can then play off of in your dialogue.

Just some notes for gameplay in-between fights to keep things interesting.

Wernburger Wernburger you notice Dragon's freshly-healed wounds from his last battle over his uncovered-arms. In addition, you can tell he's confident in himself. As well as in fighting shape. In short, you believe he can handle himself at a glance. Maybe you wouldn't bet on it, however, if you had to.

His demeanor also signifies to you that there may be more than meets the eye to this particular Hylian.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon so during conversations with NPCs, or even other players, you can roll Insight to see what you can gleam about what they're thinking by their mannerisms, or if they're lying. It won't allow you to flat out read their minds, but you might get some information on the level of "This Rito seems to be out of his comfort zone speaking with people, and isn't enjoying it in the slightest," that you can then play off of in your dialogue.

Just some notes for gameplay in-between fights to keep things interesting.
That is infact, be duely noted
Duely noted indeed

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon you may reply to wernburger tonight or tomorrow if you have time. Let's just avoid taking the scene anywhere else but that spot until we give Taleek a little more time to return. After tomorrow if there's still no communication, we'll move on further up the narrative road.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon you may reply to wernburger tonight or tomorrow if you have time. Let's just avoid taking the scene anywhere else but that spot until we give Taleek a little more time to return. After tomorrow if there's still no communication, we'll move on further up the narrative road.
Gotcha 😎👍🏿

I'll start cooking something up shortly, then!

Wernburger Wernburger it's 9:30 for me now. If Taleek doesn't communicate by 3:30 tonight (six hours) let's go ahead and move this scene along to wherever you two want it to go. I'm anxious to hear about these defenses Garvii had in mind

Stok Stok Sounds good! I have a couple things in mind but probably need to roll some nature/survival checks to get it right. For something like that, would I just state my intent in character and roll to see what the result is or should we discuss OOC?

Also, you mentioned a camp leader tent earlier on. Garvii would have wanted to get an understanding for what kind of folk are in charge to see if they'll be cooperative or a hinderance to his efforts. In the last few days of his conversing with the stable people, would he have gleaned any info like that?

Stok Stok Sounds good! I have a couple things in mind but probably need to roll some nature/survival checks to get it right. For something like that, would I just state my intent in character and roll to see what the result is or should we discuss OOC?

Also, you mentioned a camp leader tent earlier on. Garvii would have wanted to get an understanding for what kind of folk are in charge to see if they'll be cooperative or a hinderance to his efforts. In the last few days of his conversing with the stable people, would he have gleaned any info like that?
Yes indeed, I did mention that. If you think Garvii would have spoke with them in the last two days, this is what you would have found out.

"The family which presides over the running of the stable is headed by a man named Maul. He's a hearty, gruff, and ultimately quiet man. Even by Garvii's standards. When approached about Garvii's concern, Maul listened intently and nodded, not offering much else. He gave a short reply giving Garvii permission to do what he pleased, so long as he didn't disturb the people or their daily work, and agreed he would share any information of the monsters he may come across. He couldn't spare any helping hands to defense construction, however, and thus Garvii was on his own in that right. That is, until Dragon showed up."

Talking about the defense building itself, yes to stating your intentions and then rolling survival. Letting me know beforehand what you want to do would save some time, too, so I can tell you what to roll. Just don't go overboard. Even with the two of you superpowered knuckleheads surrounding an entire camp in a full-scale wall would take weeks

Yes indeed, I did mention that. If you think Garvii would have spoke with them in the last two days, this is what you would have found out.

"The family which presides over the running of the stable is headed by a man named Maul. He's a hearty, gruff, and ultimately quiet man. Even by Garvii's standards. When approached about Garvii's concern, Maul listened intently and nodded, not offering much else. He gave a short reply giving Garvii permission to do what he pleased, so long as he didn't disturb the people or their daily work, and agreed he would share any information of the monsters he may come across. He couldn't spare any helping hands to defense construction, however, and thus Garvii was on his own in that right. That is, until Dragon showed up."

Talking about the defense building itself, yes to stating your intentions and then rolling survival. Letting me know beforehand what you want to do would save some time, too, so I can tell you what to roll. Just don't go overboard. Even with the two of you superpowered knuckleheads surrounding an entire camp in a full-scale wall would take weeks

Gotchya. Garvii's current plan is to not take the fight to the monster camp or let them approach the stables directly. He wants to set up pitfall traps in the nearby woods and draw in groups to reduce their numbers and scatter them so him and any force that's gathered can ambush their targets directly.

He has been performing his commune with nature ritual to get a sense for their numbers and positions.

Gotchya. Garvii's current plan is to not take the fight to the monster camp or let them approach the stables directly. He wants to set up pitfall traps in the nearby woods and draw in groups to reduce their numbers and scatter them so him and any force that's gathered can ambush their targets directly.

He has been performing his commune with nature ritual to get a sense for their numbers and positions.
So currently you know that the monsters are almost all holed up in the Royal Guard Training Camp. Definitely roll survival for the pitfalls.

Your nature ritual let you know that small bands of Bokoblin occasionally leave the main camp to hunt, but other than this their activities remain within their makeshift walls. you know for sure now that the damage to the local ecosystem you witnessed on your way here was due to the Monsters overhunting.

How do you plan on luring them in?

Last edited:
Gotta be to use their natural prey as bait whatever that is. If Garvii can use commune with nature to request this from animals directly, that would be sweet. Otherwise, he may ask for assistance from the red haired stable worker he met earlier assuming she has experience herding animals. It's possible he's discussed this with her already.

(Also, does he know her name lol. I don't think he asked the first time)

Stok Stok According to my inventory I have 80 Rupees. What is considered a lot in this game? Would that be a sum Maul would be interested in to fund some militia assistance? Happy to roll anything for a negotiation. It's possible that's a paltry sum too and he'd be laughed at which I think would make sense narratively too.

Gotta be to use their natural prey as bait whatever that is. If Garvii can use commune with nature to request this from animals directly, that would be sweet. Otherwise, he may ask for assistance from the red haired stable worker he met earlier assuming she has experience herding animals. It's possible he's discussed this with her already.

(Also, does he know her name lol. I don't think he asked the first time)
NOPE now you gotta have that interaction in character for not doing it the first time lol

THE DM HAS SPOKEN

I'm also going to rule that because the Monsters have over hunted the area and displaced the local wolf population any animals Garvii does find are too skittish to be reasoned with.

In short, consulting the stable worker will get you some help in the bait department. More to be revealed in-character

Last edited:
Stok Stok According to my inventory I have 80 Rupees. What is considered a lot in this game? Would that be a sum Maul would be interested in to fund some militia assistance? Happy to roll anything for a negotiation. It's possible that's a paltry sum too and he'd be laughed at which I think would make sense narratively too.
So the price on a stallion is 200 rupees, and 25 for a well made sword. Going by that, convincing someone to risk their life (a non-warrior that is) would land somewhere more like 300 a piece. Someone skilled in combat might take a lower sum because they'd be more sure of themselves

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon when it's your turn again, let's fade into not referring to Rola any longer. I hate to say it, but we'll have to behave as if she's not coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back