• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Just_Dragon Just_Dragon T Taleek Wernburger Wernburger

I am going to temporarily lift the posting order for this next scene. I would like a more free-flowing, open dialogue between the pairs. This means dont worry about the characters who are not in your respective scenes, just post between the two of you back and forth so we can have a natural-looking conversation for our first meet-ups. Make sense everyone?

The posting due date will still be in effect, meaning if you go two days without replying to your partner we will start to move the scenes along.

I am not tagging Lathos only because I don't want them to feel any extra anxiety hopping onto the site should they return. A buncha tags and whatnot. Lathos, if you read this, you are still very much allowed to rejoin us. Matter of fact, I hope that you do!

I am going to temporarily lift the posting order for this next scene. I would like a more free-flowing, open dialogue between the pairs. This means dont worry about the characters who are not in your respective scenes, just post between the two of you back and forth so we can have a natural-looking conversation for our first meet-ups. Make sense everyone?

The posting due date will still be in effect, meaning if you go two days without replying to your partner we will start to move the scenes along.

I am not tagging Lathos only because I don't want them to feel any extra anxiety hopping onto the site should they return. A buncha tags and whatnot. Lathos, if you read this, you are still very much allowed to rejoin us. Matter of fact, I hope that you do!
Awesome stuff 😎

I'm assuming that the post order's gonna change a lot once we get into encounters as a party due to initiative? Or am I wrong?

Awesome stuff 😎

I'm assuming that the post order's gonna change a lot once we get into encounters as a party due to initiative? Or am I wrong?
Your gaming intuition is astute as always. I prefer the logic-over-rolls approach to initiative. Meaning if you logically engage an enemy to initiate combat, you and that enemy will come first in initiative. Then, everyone else will roll. That is, assuming everyone else is not still in stealth and is actively engaging.

Your gaming intuition is astute as always. I prefer the logic-over-rolls approach to initiative. Meaning if you logically engage an enemy to initiate combat, you and that enemy will come first in initiative. Then, everyone else will roll. That is, assuming everyone else is not still in stealth and is actively engaging.
Oh that's cool! It also makes plenty of sense-

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon go ahead and roll investigation to see everything you find in the camp. I'll list items here in the OOC, and you can pick them up in-character as the two of you talk.
You wont believe this one

I rolled a big fat 1

Oh that's cool! It also makes plenty of sense-

You wont believe this one

I rolled a big fat 1
Lol better now than in combat. At the very least, you'll find the big ol' sack of weapons Misko left behind. He dropped it in the middle of the camp when he fairy-napped Kira.

Soldier’s Spear: 1d8 + str/dex (1d10 versatile)
piercing damage, thrown 80ft
The user may choose to apply either their strength or dexterity modifier when attacking with this weapon.

×4 Soldier's Longsword: 1d8 + str/dex (1d10 versatile)

The user may choose to apply either their strength or dexterity modifier when attacking with this weapon.

Soldier's Halberd: 1d10 + str pierce/slash

This heavy halberd can be used as a spear to thrust or a long-handled axe to chop. At the wielder's discretion. (The user's strength modifier applies to both the piercing and slashing damage respectively)

Soldier's Bow: 1d10 + dex (range 40 yards, 120 feet)

T Taleek you of course will also soon see the contents of the bag. It's up to the two of you who picks it up/opens it.

Hey Dragon, I don't know if you mentioned it before, but what does Dragon look like, if you don't mind me asking? Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
Of course I don't mind! I gave him a 'lil sketch a while ago. Here it is!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-010700_ibisPaint X.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-010700_ibisPaint X.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 2
T Taleek DA DA DA DAAAAAAA

Yiga Clan Bow: 2d8+dex pierce
This bow was designed to fire two arrows at once. It can be fired normally with a single arrow at no penalty, and will do 1d8 damage. If the user fires two arrows, a natural roll of 3 or below will result in a misfire.

I'm gonna wait for our Rito warrior to post before I go ahead with mine!
Unfortunately he's quite behind. It would be more appropriate in my mind for you two to finish your interaction and then when WB is back online, hopefully we'll be ready to join all three of you! If you're not of the same mind, I'll still accept your waiting.

Unfortunately he's quite behind. It would be more appropriate in my mind for you two to finish your interaction and then when WB is back online, hopefully we'll be ready to join all three of you! If you're not of the same mind, I'll still accept your waiting.
I'll have my post up by the morning then!

Well T Taleek and Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

It's been about ten days since Lathos last responded. I'm thinking I should begin recruiting another player. I'm holding out hope for WB, but at the end of the day I'd prefer for the game to live on! Rather than let it fade with it's dropouts. If he is silent for the same amount of time, I'll open up his spot. Even if they do come back with intentions to rejoin, perhaps having a larger group will not be so bad. What say you two to these musings?

Well T Taleek and Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

It's been about ten days since Lathos last responded. I'm thinking I should begin recruiting another player. I'm holding out hope for WB, but at the end of the day I'd prefer for the game to live on! Rather than let it fade with it's dropouts. If he is silent for the same amount of time, I'll open up his spot. Even if they do come back with intentions to rejoin, perhaps having a larger group will not be so bad. What say you two to these musings?
Well
Since were five times over the two day limit, I think it's reasonable to start lookin' for another player-
I believe I saw Lathos mention that they're in a University/College. Maybe midterms are going on for them?(I wouldn't know, plus I could be wrong) I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up after that

I personally think having a larger group wouldn't be the end of the world, assuming they'd come back of course.
And assuming getting a new player will take a few days, they'll still have time to come back even after you open up their respective spots

Okay I am back! Very sorry for the delay. I have been consumed with lots of life stuff this past weekend and early week. Expect a play post from me soon. Thanks everyone!

T Taleek Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

How are you two thinking of teaming up in-character? Your individual reasoning and whatnot.

And would Rola be as motivated as Dragon would be to stay on Misko's trail?

I'm thinking if she would be, we could imply you two hiked north overnight in an attempt to stay on the scent.

How are you two thinking of teaming up in-character? Your individual reasoning and whatnot.

I'm thinking if she would be, we could imply you two hiked north overnight in an attempt to stay on the scent.
Dragon wants to invite her to go after 'em together, since Misko went after her fairy friend, it would only be right for the both of them to go after the guy.
That's Dragon's mindset at least.

I think Rola would be less motivated to go after the thief. BUT the fact that Dragon is very much determined to apprehend him, she'd acquiesce and follow along simply due to Dragon's prowess, as she'd be more inclined to keep a person as special as Dragon rather close. (PS I'm also in the works of my post atm)

I think Rola would be less motivated to go after the thief. BUT the fact that Dragon is very much determined to apprehend him, she'd acquiesce and follow along simply due to Dragon's prowess, as she'd be more inclined to keep a person as special as Dragon rather close. (PS I'm also in the works of my post atm)
That sounds perfect on both accounts.
Dragon wants to invite her to go after 'em together, since Misko went after her fairy friend, it would only be right for the both of them to go after the guy.
That's Dragon's mindset at least.
Perhaps dragon could phrase the team up like "I'm heading north anyways..." up to you at the end of it all Drago.

Maybe you two won't head straight away overnight then, and we'll give everyone a long rest instead. Let's see how this conversation goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back