• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Oh that's awesome! Alright then!
Whoops, a d20 for the throw my man. Sorry for being unclear. By the game's definition, you're making a "Ranged" attack which will use the same +6 that you get for attacking with your swords. So the full roll, for example, would be D20+6 to hit, and then 1d8+6 for damage.

Whoops, a d20 for the throw my man. Sorry for being unclear. By the game's definition, you're making a "Ranged" attack which will use the same +6 that you get for attacking with your swords. So the full roll, for example, would be D20+6 to hit, and then 1d8+6 for damage.
Ok..
I think I fixed it up
is it decent now? Or should I do an extra roll that determines if I land the close-ranged attacks as well?

Ok..
I think I fixed it up
is it decent now? Or should I do an extra roll that determines if I land the close-ranged attacks as well?
yes, so each attack will get a separate roll of a d20 to see if they hit. Thankyou for being such a good sport about all of these corrections.

yes, so each attack will get a separate roll of a d20 to see if they hit. Thankyou for being such a good sport about all of these corrections.
Oh it's no prob.
Better to be corrected than be wrong, y'know?

Do those d20s also have a +6 modifier or something similar? Or are they raw?

Other than that, everything looks perfect. AND since you used deflect missiles to catch the boomerang, you avoided the Bokoblin being hinted to your presence.

Oh it's no prob.
Better to be corrected than be wrong, y'know?

Do those d20s also have a +6 modifier or something similar? Or are they raw?
yes, that modifier is known as your "Proficiency bonus" And it modifies all of your attacks. It, lore wise, represents how well your character can use your weapons.

yes, that modifier is known as your "Proficiency bonus" And it modifies all of your attacks. It, lore wise, represents how well your character can use your weapons.
Oh! Awesome! I will most certainly keep that in mind

Oh! Awesome! I will most certainly keep that in mind
So I implied you caught the boomerang on it's return for the sake of keeping your presence concealed, as I assume you would have done. If you choose to keep it in the future and use it, catching it on a missed throw won't cost your reaction. That will only need use for enemy attacks. Does that make sense?

In addition, the reason you are still in stealth is because I imagined all of that happening halfway-obstructed by the boulders. The exchange would have also happened in about 2-3 seconds. Just letting you know where my head is at as a DM, so you know a little more what you're capable of as a player.

So, since we officially have three people I'd like to instill a posting order. While things have gone swimmingly thus far without it, it is meant as a way to ensure we all keep up communication in a timely manner should one of us have to take a break from the roleplay. To reiterate what you all read in the interest check, you must post within two days of the person in front of you in rotation. In other words, within forty eight hours. If you cannot make a full length post, simply pop into the OOC to let us know you'll be AFK for the foreseeable future. If you cannot do either of those things, do not fret. You will not be dropped from the roleplay heartlessly if life really does fuck you over lol. What you may be subject to is being left behind in the narration, depending on the situation. Please like this post if you have read it and accept the posting order.

Wernburger Wernburger
Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos

So I implied you caught the boomerang on it's return for the sake of keeping your presence concealed, as I assume you would have done. If you choose to keep it in the future and use it, catching it on a missed throw won't cost your reaction. That will only need use for enemy attacks. Does that make sense?

In addition, the reason you are still in stealth is because I imagined all of that happening halfway-obstructed by the boulders. The exchange would have also happened in about 2-3 seconds. Just letting you know where my head is at as a DM, so you know a little more what you're capable of as a player.
That is, infact, what I would've done
And yeah that makes sense!
I get it, though! I appreciate you letting me know, I just assumed the archer wasn't paying attention well enough

That is, infact, what I would've done
And yeah that makes sense!
I get it, though! I appreciate you letting me know, I just assumed the archer wasn't paying attention well enough
Okay, so I fucked up. I fucked up bad. I had to be a good DM and go back to read the monk class description. And the duel wielding rules:

"When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you’re holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you’re holding in the other hand. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative.
If either weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee attack with it."

So because you have two attacks as a lvl 5 monk you can swing your weapon twice with your Main Action, and you can swing the weapon in your off-hand once using your bonus action. As a monk you can also use your bonus action for your unarmed strike instead of your off-hand weapon. Using a Ki point allows you to Unarmed Strike twice per Bonus Action.

So a full turn would consist of:

Main Action: Shortsword D20+6 to Hit, 1d6+6 damage
Extra Attack: Shortsword D20+6 to Hit, 1d6+6 damage
Bonus Action: Shortsword D20+6 to Hit, 1d6 damage

Or alternatively

Bonus Action: Unarmed Strike D20 to hit, 1d6+6 damage
Flurry of Blows (-1 Ki): D20 to hit, 1d6+6 damage

I beg a thousand apologies for not knowing the rules myself. I will strive to meet them better in the future so that it doesn't come at your expense.

Too my other experienced players, please dont hesitate to call me on my bullshit. Sometimes I forget what's homebrew and what isn't if I go too long without reading the rules lmao. StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos Wernburger Wernburger

As recompence Just_Dragon Just_Dragon you are still awarded that lizalfos kill. We'll just start fresh next turn, the both of us.

that is also a useful layout for understanding monk abilities.

Okay, so I fucked up. I fucked up bad. I had to be a good DM and go back to read the monk class description. And the duel wielding rules:

"When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you’re holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you’re holding in the other hand. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative.
If either weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee attack with it."

So because you have two attacks as a lvl 5 monk you can swing your weapon twice with your Main Action, and you can swing the weapon in your off-hand once using your bonus action. As a monk you can also use your bonus action for your unarmed strike instead of your off-hand weapon. Using a Ki point allows you to Unarmed Strike twice per Bonus Action.

So a full turn would consist of:

Bonus Action: Shortsword D20+6 to Hit, 1d6 damage

Or alternatively

Bonus Action: Unarmed Strike D20 to hit, 1d6+6 damage
Flurry of Blows (-1 Ki): D20 to hit, 1d6+6 damage

I beg a thousand apologies for not knowing the rules myself. I will strive to meet them better in the future so that it doesn't come at your expense.

Too my other experienced players, please dont hesitate to call me on my bullshit. Sometimes I forget what's homebrew and what isn't if I go too long without reading the rules lmao. StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos Wernburger Wernburger

As recompence Just_Dragon Just_Dragon you are still awarded that lizalfos kill. We'll just start fresh next turn, the both of us.

that is also a useful layout for understanding monk abilities.
Oop, this is definitely good go know
For what it's worth, it's all good, I'm not upset or nothin'. Just glad that we both know this stuff now! I appreciate you bringing it up, you going in and crorrecting yourself just tells me that you're a really good DM!

I'll be sure to look at that page whenever I need a refernce for Monk stuff

I just think it's funny I've built like a million stat blocks and characters and I still have to read the basic rules every once in a while

I hope you all are having a good day, I drew the Skultula-knight's helmet this morning

Attachments

• PXL_20220925_182807183.jpg
    PXL_20220925_182807183.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Whoa! Very well done Stok. This looks great.
Thanks man, I dabble. I'm gonna try and get to the rest of the armor and a portrait this week if the inspiration strikes me. After that little warmup I might be so inclined to start on the party, if you all don't mind seeing my personal rendition of your characters

StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos Am I correct in inferring that your character is also genderfluid? Only wondering for narration purposes.

For narration purposes yes!

For character info, it’s a plant-folk naive entity of malice raised by forest spirits who’s concept of gender is likely non existent and isn’t too important to the character in this instance. If I wanted to get specific, non binary or agender would likely be more accurate but again it’s not horribly important for the character. So they can be referred to as anything.

Sorry for the wait, uni called for my daily dose of death!

For narration purposes yes!

For character info, it’s a plant-folk naive entity of malice raised by forest spirits who’s concept of gender is likely non existent and isn’t too important to the character in this instance. If I wanted to get specific, non binary or agender would likely be more accurate but again it’s not horribly important for the character. So they can be referred to as anything.

Sorry for the wait, uni called for my daily dose of death!
Given their species the way you put it, I think I'd like to stick to they/them then. I agree that it would be likely this would be true for Deku (and Korok) culture, because they're sentient plants and would have evolved differently than the other races of Hyrule. Including details like this in a subtle way is fun for me. You'll notice for the monsters I try my hardest to only refer to them as "it," or "they," as well. Although differently from your character, I'm imagining the Monsters as not even having a concept of self let alone Gender. Even their original game designs across each species of monster is sexless! Spoiler alert, that's even going to play a roll in the overarching plot of the campaign!

Given their species the way you put it, I think I'd like to stick to they/them then. I agree that it would be likely this would true for Deku (and Korok) culture, because they're sentient plants and would have evolved differently than the other races of Hyrule. Including details like this in a subtle way is fun for me. You'll notice for the monsters I try my hardest to only refer to them as "it," or "they," as well. Although differently from your character, I'm imagining the Monsters as not even having a concept of self let alone Gender. Even their original game designs across each species of monster is sexless! Spoiler alert, that's even going to play a roll in the overarching plot of the campaign!
Follow up! I meant I will be sticking to they them personally, you of course can refer to your character however you want

Given their species the way you put it, I think I'd like to stick to they/them then. I agree that it would be likely this would be true for Deku (and Korok) culture, because they're sentient plants and would have evolved differently than the other races of Hyrule. Including details like this in a subtle way is fun for me. You'll notice for the monsters I try my hardest to only refer to them as "it," or "they," as well. Although differently from your character, I'm imagining the Monsters as not even having a concept of self let alone Gender. Even their original game designs across each species of monster is sexless! Spoiler alert, that's even going to play a roll in the overarching plot of the campaign!
I tried to keep to "they" when referring to monsters as well, as I never realized until writing a response that the monsters don't seem to have a concept of gender. Also, plot you say? There are a lot of ways that a lack of concept of self can go so I'm curious what it's gonna turn out to be.

Follow up! I meant I will be sticking to they them personally, you of course can refer to your character however you want
I assumed so! xD
Might stick to they/them too. I'd been looking for a solid idea of gender and pronouns for the character anyways so might as well piggy back off of ya.

Also random side note but I was trying to figure out languages since my various backgrounds give a few, and I wanted to run them by you before they have any significant effect in character.

Deku or Forest-Speak or Korok: Based on Sylvan, that consists of a series of whistling, bell or ringing sounds, and the rustling of plants that is spoken by magical creatures of the forests of Hyrule
Hylian: I'd imagine this is what Common would be?
Moblin: Based on Goblin, grunts, squeaks, and more primal guttural sounds that are used by the various "-oblin" monsters to have basic communication. For Oro it'd likely come from a combination of curious questions to the Deku Tree and some innate knowledge from Malice.
Celestial: Didn't know what this one would be in Zelda canon so just went for straight Celestial spoken by ancient guardians and spirits like the Deku Tree. Again a language Oro would only know the very basics from occasional picking up a conversation the Deku Tree had.

I'm not sure if you provided a list of languages anywhere so please do direct me to that if there is-

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon tac a stealth roll onto the end of that last post please. If you succeed, I'll have it so that you jump back behind the boulder without him noticing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back