• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Wernburger

New Member
Hey hi everyone! Name's Lathos or Alex or Val or Grand Lord Pooba of the 6th Dimension, Iron Fist of the Enlightened Necroregions, and Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Take your pick!

Pronouns are He/Him, They/Them, and She/Her. Using one or all is completely fine!

I'll be playing the wonderful young malice filled threat to reality Deku Scrub ranger, Oro!
Nice to meet you welcome to the story!
 

Just_Dragon

New Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey hi everyone! Name's Lathos or Alex or Val or Grand Lord Pooba of the 6th Dimension, Iron Fist of the Enlightened Necroregions, and Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Take your pick!

Pronouns are He/Him, They/Them, and She/Her. Using one or all is completely fine!

I'll be playing the wonderful young malice filled threat to reality Deku Scrub ranger, Oro!
Welcome welcome! It's nice to meet you, hopefully we'll have some good fun with this story!
 

Wernburger

New Member
Hey hi everyone! Name's Lathos or Alex or Val or Grand Lord Pooba of the 6th Dimension, Iron Fist of the Enlightened Necroregions, and Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Take your pick!

Pronouns are He/Him, They/Them, and She/Her. Using one or all is completely fine!

I'll be playing the wonderful young malice filled threat to reality Deku Scrub ranger, Oro!
The corrupted Deku is a great character idea. Nice work.
 

Stok

The Mercenary
Hey Stok Stok , do I have to do a stealth roll for Dragon trying to use the boulders as cover for his advancement?
Yes indeed, you get the idea. The reason I didn't expressly call for it in my post was because you always have the option to stealth or not, regardless of any advice an NPC may have given you.
 

StorytellerLathos

*autotuned screaming*
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Nice to meet you welcome to the story!

The corrupted Deku is a great character idea. Nice work.

Great to meet you and thank you so much! Barbarian rito was a nice surprise with how the game presents them, also I adore the Roc Feather great sword. Awesome job all around and uber fun to read!

Welcome welcome! It's nice to meet you, hopefully we'll have some good fun with this story!

Omg hello! Thank you for the welcome, I’d curtsy or do something formal but the internet barrier prevents such welcomings. So sad-

And I’m really hopin you have a good time! I believe you said this is your first experience with dnd proper so I’m hopin it encourages you to try out more of it!
 

Stok

The Mercenary
Hey hi everyone! Name's Lathos or Alex or Val or Grand Lord Pooba of the 6th Dimension, Iron Fist of the Enlightened Necroregions, and Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Take your pick!

Pronouns are He/Him, They/Them, and She/Her. Using one or all is completely fine!

I'll be playing the wonderful young malice filled threat to reality Deku Scrub ranger, Oro!
a warm, official welcome to you oh great and powerful Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Let's talk shop. I'm going to have you coming straight out of the Great Hyrule Forest for the first time since your backstory so elegantly leads into it. Upon leaving, you are going to notice a large encampment of monsters just by it's entrance, in the Royal Guard Training Grounds. Similar to in the game, but without the pool of toxic sludge for you to drown in. Being so close to your homeland, you feel a great need to exterminate the things for fear they may invade your homeland. Whether you may or may not try to defeat some of them yourself, you will realize one way or another the threat is too great for a single Deku Ranger. As such, you will hike to the nearby Woodland Stable. The local Hylians will turn down your plea for aid, but a certain Birdman Barbarian Wernburger Wernburger will have just arrived there himself, and oblige to help you with his kind heart. Just_Dragon Just_Dragon may also be there as well, but we'll have to see how quickly his personal timeline moves along.

Edit: does that sound good to you?

I promise you all there will be far less railroading when the squad all comes together, but for now it is necessary to assemble the aveng... the party... I hope you will forgive me lol.
 

StorytellerLathos

*autotuned screaming*
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
a warm, official welcome to you oh great and powerful Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Let's talk shop. I'm going to have you coming straight out of the Great Hyrule Forest for the first time since your backstory so elegantly leads into it. Upon leaving, you are going to notice a large encampment of monsters just by it's entrance, in the Royal Guard Training Grounds. Similar to in the game, but without the pool of toxic sludge for you to drown in. Being so close to your homeland, you feel a great need to exterminate the things for fear they may invade your homeland. Whether you may or may not try to defeat some of them yourself, you will realize one way or another the threat is too great for a single Deku Ranger. As such, you will hike to the nearby Woodland Stable. The local Hylians will turn down your plea for aid, but a certain Birdman Barbarian Wernburger Wernburger will have just arrived there himself, and oblige to help you with his kind heart. Just_Dragon Just_Dragon may also be there as well, but we'll have to see how quickly his personal timeline moves along.

Edit: does that sound good to you?

I promise you all there will be far less railroading when the squad all comes together, but for now it is necessary to assemble the aveng... the party... I hope you will forgive me lol.
Sounds great! I have no worries on railroading for the start, I have made the mistake of taking far too long to get the party together before-
 

Just_Dragon

New Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
a warm, official welcome to you oh great and powerful Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Let's talk shop. I'm going to have you coming straight out of the Great Hyrule Forest for the first time since your backstory so elegantly leads into it. Upon leaving, you are going to notice a large encampment of monsters just by it's entrance, in the Royal Guard Training Grounds. Similar to in the game, but without the pool of toxic sludge for you to drown in. Being so close to your homeland, you feel a great need to exterminate the things for fear they may invade your homeland. Whether you may or may not try to defeat some of them yourself, you will realize one way or another the threat is too great for a single Deku Ranger. As such, you will hike to the nearby Woodland Stable. The local Hylians will turn down your plea for aid, but a certain Birdman Barbarian Wernburger Wernburger will have just arrived there himself, and oblige to help you with his kind heart. Just_Dragon Just_Dragon may also be there as well, but we'll have to see how quickly his personal timeline moves along.

Edit: does that sound good to you?

I promise you all there will be far less railroading when the squad all comes together, but for now it is necessary to assemble the aveng... the party... I hope you will forgive me lol.
Hopefully I don't end up taking too long, I don't wanna be that guy everyone's gotta wait forerver for-
 

Just_Dragon

New Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So.. Stok Stok
When it comes to throwing things, what kinda roll would I have to make? Or.. skillcheck? I'm not sure what it's called
When I do actions that COULD cause someone damage, what do I.. do?
Is it another d20 roll to see if I could even land the hit?
And in the same post, do I roll for damage too, or is that on you?
 

Wernburger

New Member
So.. Stok Stok
When it comes to throwing things, what kinda roll would I have to make? Or.. skillcheck? I'm not sure what it's called
When I do actions that COULD cause someone damage, what do I.. do?
Is it another d20 roll to see if I could even land the hit?
And in the same post, do I roll for damage too, or is that on you?
Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

Thrown weapons depend on if they are classified as finesse or not.
Typically, you'd roll a d20 + Dex modifier for a ranged attack but if it's a "thrown" weapon attack, you could use Str as a mod. Finesse weapons give you the choice to use your higher stat or by preference.
 

Just_Dragon

New Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

Thrown weapons depend on if they are classified as finesse or not.
Typically, you'd roll a d20 + Dex modifier for a ranged attack but if it's a "thrown" weapon attack, you could use Str as a mod. Finesse weapons give you the choice to use your higher stat or by preference.
I see..
Thank you Wernburger, I do appreciate it, that was real helpful 😎👊🏿
 

Stok

The Mercenary
I see..
Thank you Wernburger, I do appreciate it, that was real helpful 😎👊🏿
Everything WB said is accurate, and I have some things to add. Being a monk, you have the "deflect missile," ability and you'll notice there is a damage modifier for it. Classically in the game this is meant to catch and return fire an arrow or something similar. (In this current turn, I would definitely let you catch that boomerang)

In the case of catching a thrown weapon and sending it back, I would allow you to use the full damage on said weapon instead of the damage described for the ability.

Assuming you picked up a rock or something similar, I would allow you to use the damage described by the original ability. Make sense?
 

Stok

The Mercenary
So.. Stok Stok
When it comes to throwing things, what kinda roll would I have to make? Or.. skillcheck? I'm not sure what it's called
When I do actions that COULD cause someone damage, what do I.. do?
Is it another d20 roll to see if I could even land the hit?
And in the same post, do I roll for damage too, or is that on you?
Also, anytime you make an attack go ahead and roll the potential damage, then I'll either take it or leave it depending on if you hit
 

Just_Dragon

New Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Everything WB said is accurate, and I have some things to add. Being a monk, you have the "deflect missile," ability and you'll notice there is a damage modifier for it. Classically in the game this is meant to catch and return fire an arrow or something similar. (In this current turn, I would definitely let you catch that boomerang)

In the case of catching a thrown weapon and sending it back, I would allow you to use the full damage on said weapon instead of the damage described for the ability.

Assuming you picked up a rock or something similar, I would allow you to use the damage described by the original ability. Make sense?
Yeah that makes sense!
I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll respond. In the meantime, would I have to roll for like.. if I could catch it or not? Or is it fine since he missed?

Also, anytime you make an attack go ahead and roll the potential damage, then I'll either take it or leave it depending on if you hit
I will also definitely do this, and I know it takes a ki point to use-
But in this case for the boomerang, do I roll a 1d4 +6 for the potential damage?
 

Stok

The Mercenary
Yeah that makes sense!
I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll respond. In the meantime, would I have to roll for like.. if I could catch it or not? Or is it fine since he missed?


I will also definitely do this, and I know it takes a ki point to use-
But in this case for the boomerang, do I roll a 1d4 +6 for the potential damage?
So that ability is actually a reaction, meaning it takes effect without a roll of a d20. You simply declare you're using it, and it will take effect. The damage dice associated with this skill actually applies to decreasing the damage taken on a successful hit against you. (I had to reread it to realize this) then you roll another set of dice to determine the damage should you throw it back. These dice amounts are found on your character sheet.

I'm gonna go ahead and homebrew the fuck out of that, and say that with a missed attack you can automatically catch it like you talked about. It will still cost a ki point to throw

If you want to do this, I'll give you the stats on that boomerang when I get home. I need to give the same ones to WB anyways.
 
Last edited:

Stok

The Mercenary
Just_Dragon Just_Dragon So, great news this time! You haven't finished your full turn. That was your reaction, and now you get to use your Main Action and your Bonus action. Your main action usually consists of swinging your weapon/s.

Also, you DO need to roll to hit with the boomerang. When I said you didn't need to roll a d20, that was to catch the missile. I know this is a a lot of details for a single turn, so I hope all these corrections are not frustrating to you. It is just because you're new, and this is the learning process fs.
 

Just_Dragon

New Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just_Dragon Just_Dragon So, great news this time! You haven't finished your full turn. That was your reaction, and now you get to use your Main Action and your Bonus action. Your main action usually consists of swinging your weapon/s.

Also, you DO need to roll to hit with the boomerang. When I said you didn't need to roll a d20, that was to catch the missile. I know this is a a lot of details for a single turn, so I hope all these corrections are not frustrating to you. It is just because you're new, and this is the learning process fs.
Oh I see! I thought I was only able to do one thing at a time


So since I can still do things, can I like..
Go up to 'em and slash at 'em? Maybe with a dual-bladed strike?
Also if I use two blades at the same time, does that take up my main action and my bonus action?
 

Stok

The Mercenary
Oh I see! I thought I was only able to do one thing at a time


So since I can still do things, can I like..
Go up to 'em and slash at 'em? Maybe with a dual-bladed strike?
Also if I use two blades at the same time, does that take up my main action and my bonus action?
Nope! You can use your main action for both weapons when duel wielding, and your bonus action is still free.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Top